Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,172 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review (9364 Views)

Finally Gotten The Itel S31. My Personal Review Follows / Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? / Ask Me Any Question About Tecno L8+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by windyjosezy: 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
Lol, Liar Liar, pants on fire
Marvell23:
Is your name liar mohammed? Camon C9 murder the J8 in every angle, no story
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by windyjosezy: 10:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
Na so
kolexepana:
Oboi, see as camera sharp wink
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by windyjosezy: 10:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
Lol, see dis one again
AnnabelR0se:
lol you are comparing Keke Napeb with Toyota camera. You have shot yourself with this analysis
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by windyjosezy: 10:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
Very true
adebayooye:

Are you for real??..the said camera is also 13mp.. so flash or no flash... I've seen phone's like Samsung and Xperia produce better pics....
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Jolaoshot(m): 10:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
angry grin grin Here's a shot taken with my Samsung Galaxy E5 5mp front camera without filter. cool

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by onekindaguy: 11:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
Wow, not bad
omoalajah:
The past few weeks have been full of news and praises for TECNO's new phone The Camon C9. The mobile phone even had a tour #C9Ja that disturbed my Twitter Timeline and the picture shots from the phone aroused my need to have one.

According to my needs and definition for the mobile device, I would regard it as a mid-range camera-centric phone, designed for someone like me who shops around online, read reviews, sought informations rather than just heading to Ikeja's Computer Village and picking a device off the shelf with the recommendation of a desperate sales marketer.

This is the first time I will be writing a review of a device, so permit me to only talk on those key features that every buyer is concerned with.

*The Design and Screen
*Performance
*Camera
*Battery Life
*Price

The Design and Screen:

The Camon C9 shares many design traits with other TECNO phones – all of which have been affordable. The phone is mostly plastic, but an unusual textured rear sets it apart from the usual plastic battery covers. 
It features the brand name 'TECNO' and 'Camon' logo on the back. The Speaker also sits at the back. In my opinion, the phone looks good for its price.

Front-on, the look is simple, no physical key, and you have the 13MP Selfie Camera smiling at you.  

The phone also comes with a screen protector, SIM removal tool and pouch as a free gift.

The memory card slot sits beneath the battery cover and, as is the case there are two SIM slots. They're of the micro-SIM variety. The 3000 MaH Battery is not user replaceable.

The Display is a 5.5" Full HD IPS Touchscreen.

Performance :

The phone runs on Tecno's Custom HiOS Based on Android's 6.0 Marshmallow.
Performance is great I must confess. I played up to 10 matches on FIFA16, Asphalt, and Contract Killer and didn't experience any lag whatsoever. Wow. Impressive.

The phone has an internal storage of 16GB, only about 10GB available to use because the system apps had used up to 5.81GB. So you might need to use a memory card to increase the memory.

The RAM is 2GB and it allows for fast multitasking. About 40% of RAM used on startup.

As a mid range phone, the phone doesn’t boost of many extra features like the fingerprint on the Phantom 5, but an Iris Scanner Lock was featured even though i didn't use it, I had read in some posts it's unstable. I don't need it though because I hardly lock my phones.

Battery:

The phone has a 3000 mAh Battery. (Small for me) but performs decently probably because of the optimised HiOS.

Fully Charged, 100% from 10am. Reading of a PDF file with my screen on always lasted me up to 5pm with 23% of Battery left which could give me more 4hrs on Ultra mode (Calling, Texts)
I think that's decent. The battery charges fast too. Full charge in about 2 hours 30 minutes even though the charger output was 1.2v . Using a 2.1V Charger should speed the charging process up.

Camera:
This is the top reason I purchased this phone and it didn't disappoint.! With 13 MP Rear and Front Camera, I didn't expect less. Selfie Shots were great even in low light conditions beause of the soft front flash! My selfies doesn't look like my regular selfies because of the placement of the Selfie camera. It was placed at the center top of the screen so it allows for a wider angle capturing. The Rear Camera was great too with a LED Flash. Performed well in low light and bright light conditions. You will find attached pictures taken with it.

As soon as I go out I will take better pictures and upload.

Price: At #50000 I got myself a great phone.

The first three pictures was taken with an HTC One M8.
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by onekindaguy: 11:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
Are u sure it's just d camera
Darkseid:
Tecno J8 is far better than this C9 in every way except maybe in the front camera.
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by onekindaguy: 11:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
well, your opinion does not matter
adebayooye:
If the pictures of yourself were taken with the C9, then there's nothing special about the camera.... in my own opinion...
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by onekindaguy: 12:00am On Jul 17, 2016
People will always talk
Dembali:

Lol, Why do you say so?? There are Lots of Positive Personal Experience.
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by onekindaguy: 12:00am On Jul 17, 2016
You're right
omoalajah:
This phone really performs well in the real sense.
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by onekindaguy: 12:01am On Jul 17, 2016
Too clear
360koncepts:
NICE REVIEW. That selfie is clear o.
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by onekindaguy: 12:03am On Jul 17, 2016
Sharp die
kolexepana:
Oboi, see as camera sharp wink
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by onekindaguy: 12:03am On Jul 17, 2016
Why u dey tackle am now
windyjosezy:
Nice pictures, baba u no fine o
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by onekindaguy: 12:48am On Jul 17, 2016
Freshest
Jolaoshot:
angry grin grin Here's a shot taken with my Samsung Galaxy E5 5mp front camera without filter. cool
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Sodebo: 2:00pm On Jul 17, 2016
J8 over C9 anytime. Music over pictures.
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by TeeFeh(f): 2:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
you two are stupid to see that the two phones are alive for different reason,one is music,one is camera,you cant compare
Marvell23:
Is your name liar mohammed? Camon C9 murder the J8 in every angle, no story
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Jolaoshot(m): 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
onekindaguy:
Freshest
That's my kid bro wink
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by akinduntire(m): 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hello dudes thumbs up for your beautiful work Ober here... Pls bros.. I wan to know the really price of the these phones tecno w4, j8boom and l8 pls.. Is urgent
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by TeeFeh(f): 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
nairaland people can ugly sha
Jolaoshot:

1 Like

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2016
onekindaguy:
well, your opinion does not matter

lol... and so is it not your business!!
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 18, 2016
Jolaoshot:
lol... let them see... tecno be hyping since 500BC

1 Like

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by ChidinmaRose(f): 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
Darkseid:
Tecno J8 is far better than this C9 in every way except maybe in the front camera.

Are you for real though?
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by ChidinmaRose(f): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
omoalajah:
The past few weeks have been full of news and praises for TECNO's new phone The Camon C9. The mobile phone even had a tour #C9Ja that disturbed my Twitter Timeline and the picture shots from the phone aroused my need to have one.

According to my needs and definition for the mobile device, I would regard it as a mid-range camera-centric phone, designed for someone like me who shops around online, read reviews, sought informations rather than just heading to Ikeja's Computer Village and picking a device off the shelf with the recommendation of a desperate sales marketer.

This is the first time I will be writing a review of a device, so permit me to only talk on those key features that every buyer is concerned with.

*The Design and Screen
*Performance
*Camera
*Battery Life
*Price

The Design and Screen:

The Camon C9 shares many design traits with other TECNO phones – all of which have been affordable. The phone is mostly plastic, but an unusual textured rear sets it apart from the usual plastic battery covers. 
It features the brand name 'TECNO' and 'Camon' logo on the back. The Speaker also sits at the back. In my opinion, the phone looks good for its price.

Front-on, the look is simple, no physical key, and you have the 13MP Selfie Camera smiling at you.  

The phone also comes with a screen protector, SIM removal tool and pouch as a free gift.

The memory card slot sits beneath the battery cover and, as is the case there are two SIM slots. They're of the micro-SIM variety. The 3000 MaH Battery is not user replaceable.

The Display is a 5.5" Full HD IPS Touchscreen.

Performance :

The phone runs on Tecno's Custom HiOS Based on Android's 6.0 Marshmallow.
Performance is great I must confess. I played up to 10 matches on FIFA16, Asphalt, and Contract Killer and didn't experience any lag whatsoever. Wow. Impressive.

The phone has an internal storage of 16GB, only about 10GB available to use because the system apps had used up to 5.81GB. So you might need to use a memory card to increase the memory.

The RAM is 2GB and it allows for fast multitasking. About 40% of RAM used on startup.

As a mid range phone, the phone doesn’t boost of many extra features like the fingerprint on the Phantom 5, but an Iris Scanner Lock was featured even though i didn't use it, I had read in some posts it's unstable. I don't need it though because I hardly lock my phones.

Battery:

The phone has a 3000 mAh Battery. (Small for me) but performs decently probably because of the optimised HiOS.

Fully Charged, 100% from 10am. Reading of a PDF file with my screen on always lasted me up to 5pm with 23% of Battery left which could give me more 4hrs on Ultra mode (Calling, Texts)
I think that's decent. The battery charges fast too. Full charge in about 2 hours 30 minutes even though the charger output was 1.2v . Using a 2.1V Charger should speed the charging process up.

Camera:
This is the top reason I purchased this phone and it didn't disappoint.! With 13 MP Rear and Front Camera, I didn't expect less. Selfie Shots were great even in low light conditions beause of the soft front flash! My selfies doesn't look like my regular selfies because of the placement of the Selfie camera. It was placed at the center top of the screen so it allows for a wider angle capturing. The Rear Camera was great too with a LED Flash. Performed well in low light and bright light conditions. You will find attached pictures taken with it.

As soon as I go out I will take better pictures and upload.

Price: At #50000 I got myself a great phone.

The first three pictures was taken with an HTC One M8.

Does it come in other colors?
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Jolaoshot(m): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
TeeFeh:
nairaland people can ugly sha
Finest ma see your picha lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Jolaoshot(m): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
adebayooye:
lol... let them see... tecno be hyping since 500BC
I was at slot last week for camon c9, I decided to check the so called 13mp camera out grin, dude I was disgusted.. had to go for huawei p8 lite cool

1 Like

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Ana5000(f): 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
Jolaoshot:
I was at slot last week for camon c9, I decided to check the so called 13mp camera out grin, dude I was disgusted.. had to go for huawei p8 lite cool

What made you disgusted?

1 Like

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
Jolaoshot:
Finest ma see your picha lipsrsealed
he never knew someone can be this handsome.... leave am

1 Like

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Jolaoshot(m): 12:48am On Jul 19, 2016
Ana5000:

What made you disgusted?
the front camera is wack, maybe I feel this way because I've used phones with superb camera.. but truth be told camon c9 camera was overhyped
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Jolaoshot(m): 12:48am On Jul 19, 2016
adebayooye:

he never knew someone can be this handsome.... leave am
That's my kid bro, wait till you see me shocked cool wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by ibibiofirstlady(f): 6:53am On Jul 19, 2016
Jolaoshot:
This is a lie and you know it smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Google Just Announced The New Android 9 Pie Go Edition / Virtua Tennis Ishhh... / This phone doesn't even need NEPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.