Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,212 members, 7,807,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

What Moringa Oleifera Can Do - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Moringa Oleifera Can Do (1293 Views)

Are There Buyers For Moringa Oleifera Leaves In Nigeria? / Moringa Oleifera Plantation. / Moringa (moringa Oleifera) Seeds And Seedlings Available For Sale In Ibadan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Moringa Oleifera Can Do by okaramath: 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
People don't know the economic importance of Moringa Oleifera. To my greatest surprise Moringa becomes one of the most valued medicinal agricultural plants. The first place I saw Moringa was at Enugu State, in Nigeria, when I was doing my 6 months compulsory Industrial training as an Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering Student, in one of the biggest farms in Enugu state called "DEMACO OPTIMUM SERVICES"In that farm I learnt everything useful that was supposed to be learnt aboutMoringa Oleifera.

We were using Moringa to feed pigs which is highly medicinal and the pigs were looking healthy. In fact, the nutritional properties of Moringa are now so well known that there seems to be little doubt of the substantial health benefit to be realized by consumption of Moringa leaf powder in situations where starvation is imminent. Nonetheless, the outcomes of well controlled and well documented clinical studies are still clearly of great value. Moringa was also used as healing medicine during pig castration. Moringa heals the wound generated as a result castration in just 3 days. The farm no longer spend money in buying anti-biotics, they use moringa to heal wound as a result of castration and others. Moringa has many uses which are of much importance to humanity. Moringa seed is chewable and provides relief for over 300 diseases including but not limited to Stress, Fatigue, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Stomach Ulcer, Arthritis and Aging etc. Up to today some people don’t even know what this Moringa can do as the seed is not all that widely spread, while some have not heard about it. Moringa trees have been used to combat malnutrition, especially among infants and nursing mothers. Three non-governmental organizations in particular—Trees for Life, Church World Service and Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization—have advocated Moringa as “natural nutrition for the tropics.” Leaves can be eaten fresh, cooked, or stored as dried powder for many months without refrigeration, and reportedly without loss of nutritional value. Moringa is especially promising as a food source in the tropics because the tree is in full leaf at the end of the dry season when other foods are typically scarce.

Moringa serves as vegetable, people in Enugu and other parts of Nigeria re using moringa to cook soup. People confess that moringa leave is not only medicinal but nutritious. When people in the farm are sick they don’t spend money in the hospital, what they do is to chew moringa seeds, (4-5 seeds, 3 times, a day) or use the leaves to cook. Moringa leaves contain more Vitamin A than carrots, more calcium than milk, more iron than spinach, more Vitamin C than oranges, and more potassium than bananas,” and that the protein quality of Moringa leaves rivals that of milk and eggs. Now the question is after all these abilities of moringa being able to cure as many diseases. Can moringa cure HIV; people can argue that moringa has the ability to cure HIV because of its diversification in curing disease. Moringa is a very good nutritious and medicinal plant.
WANT MORE ON MEDICINAL PLANTS FARMING TIPS AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY, AGRIC NEWS UPDATES THEN
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK ON https://mobile./662642800553969?refid=46&sld=eyJzZWFyY2hfc2lkIjoiZTA4NTJlNzUyZTAxMzg1ODBkNzgxYjNkYmE0OTk0ZjciLCJxdWVyeSI6ImhvdyB0byBtYWtlIG1vbmV5IGZyb20gZmFybWluZyIsInNlYXJjaF90eXBlIjoiU2VhcmNoIiwic2VxdWVuY2VfaWQiOjE1ODcyNDY1MzUsInBhZ2VfbnVtYmVyIjoxLCJmaWx0ZXJfdHlwZSI6IlNlYXJjaCIsImVudF9pZCI6NjYyNjQyODAwNTUzOTY5LCJwb3NpdGlvbiI6MCwicmVzdWx0X3R5cGUiOjY5fQ%3D%3D

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @WorldAgricGist

1 Like

Re: What Moringa Oleifera Can Do by bellenornor(f): 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
I don't joke with my moringa seeds and leaf powder. It's quite helpful. Google to know more.

(1) (Reply)

Garri Processing Factory / Faro 44/52 Paddy Rice Needed / Plz Where Can I Get Grasscutter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.