Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,846 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy (12470 Views)

Tottenham Hotspurs Footballer, Emmanuel Adebayor, Gives Away Expensive Shoes / Mirko Vucinic's Strange Goal Celebration / Adebayor: King Of Africa Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by smile4kenn(m): 7:59pm On Sep 12, 2009

Emmanuel Adebayor was the dominant figure of an incredible second half at the City of Manchester Stadium, his important 80th minute goal putting the game beyond Arsenal's reach and sparking furious scenes.

The former Arsenal forward sprinted the length of the field to celebrate in front of the away fans - a provocative gesture with predictable reactions. A plastic chair was among the debris hurled in the player's direction as police and stewards battled to prevent even uglier scenes.

Adebayor had also seemed to catch Robin van Persie in the face in an earlier tussle and the ramifications from this match seem likely to be considerable.

"It's not worth commenting on. I can't control or influence his behaviour. It is out of my control and I can't influence that."
- Arsene Wenger on his former player Emmanuel Adebayor

http://football.fanhouse.co.uk/2009/09/12/manchester-city-4-arsenal-2-adebayor-celebration-courts-controv/
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by obiem(m): 11:42pm On Sep 12, 2009
Yes i agree with AW, it's really outta his control and he can't do anything about that. When he was supposed to do something in august he did nothing. This team are no where near the finished article he always calls 'em. I see another trophyless season in view except things change in january. Ade really impressed me, he had a lot to prove to the fans which he did though it was a bit too harsh!
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by dipo2much(m): 12:00am On Sep 13, 2009
The FA is looking into the VP stamping and his foolish celebrations. He is not getting away with both
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by chic2pimp(m): 12:09am On Sep 13, 2009
@ POST If you can't take it,don't dish it outttttt. Its that simple.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by kentucky2: 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
i'm digusted with ade's STAMP on vp his 2footed LUNGE on FAB n also SLAPPING alex song whom he discribed as a brother on bbc fasttrack lst wk.he ade only got bookked a winding up d ARSENAL fanz.he had all dis xters in him but could nt displyed them at ARSENAL cuz WENGER promotes FAIRPLAY n GOOD MORALS.running away 4rm ur fanz n tmates 2 bait d visiting FANZ was a STEP 2 FAR it sums it up LACK OF CLASS. angry sad shocked :-
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by dayokanu(m): 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2009
But when fans boo Adebayor it shows class right? when they boo Eboue it shows class, when they boo Ashley Cole it shows class?

RvP next time dont start what you cant finish, tussling with Adebayor is bringing a knife to a gun fight you should know

MOTM Emmanuael Adebayorrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by adaku123(f): 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2009
Vex Or No VEx!!!! He has The Right To Celebrate!!!! AH Ah Arsene Wenger Promoting Good Morals & Fairplay WTF Is That About ? Adebayor Has Been Under A Lot Of Pressure he Should Be Allowed To Unwind/Celebrate Especially When He Is Doing SO Well @ D Moment!!!

Arsenal Knows How tO bOO and dey always Say this Bullshit Of Morals Whenever A player leaves them And Starts Excelling In Another Team!!!

VAN PERSIE Is A N***a Hater and  a PC angry angry

Goodluck 2 Ade
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by kentucky2: 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2009
if CAMBELL goes up 2 white hart lane wit notts county 4 a cup game do u blokes kw dat he will still booed u take it on d chin.i always myself wat's d diff b/w ade,drog n eto'o fills.all 3 rep.d word INDICIPLINE.but eto can beat up his coach at 1/2 tym n still go out 2 d pitch n score a HATHRICK.apart 4rm KING WEAH n KING KANU.these others give AFRICANS BAD IMAGE. i no dey suprise 'bout ade afta he scored 30 gls 4 ARSENAL he atold bbc fast track dat he use 2 run away 4rm skol.n if nt 4 football he wuld've bin a GANGSTER.he shuld b playing 4 either mourinho,fergie,roy keane or mark huges.so he's at d right club.no b all dis INITIAL GRAGRA go make dem play cl league nxt czn.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by mystikal(m): 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2009
I have nothing against Ade but his attitude on Saturday really stinked. Agreed he wanted to put one pass his former team, but there was so much bitterness in his play.
Anyway, i know critics  of Arsenal will feel justified and ecstatic.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by kokorunna(m): 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2009
Nothing against the guy but he will get a 6 games ban for his attitude and also the stamping of VP, it was totally on called for. He should have let his footballing do the talking.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by naso2(m): 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2009
Arsenal fans need to grow up. You never liked the guy, he left and is showing the stuff he is made of and you guys still will not  let him be.

Almost all arsenal players wanted to neutralise ADE by every means. Galas did a lot of foul play on ADE that the ref. ruled in arsenal's favour.

Some goooners  would have been gone now by way of suicide if SWP did  not waste that golden chance after Ade lined about 4 players and gave a neat pass.

This is what you get when a man  multitask's as coach,financial controller and scout. somebody say WENGER
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by kentucky2: 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2009
his celebration was like throwing a light match in2 a gasoline it does'nt make d gasoline d culprit.d guy lacks CLASS his ILLITRACY is at d HIGHEST LEVEL.d way he went about his contraction negotiation in d 2008 summer was d breaking point.i.e "pay me what u were PAYING THIERRY HENRY or i'll leave"MILAN is as SEXY as BEYONCE
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by proudly9ja(m): 6:15pm On Sep 14, 2009
Nawao, so tey we open anoda thread gosh, if Ade was reading this, the guy go jst dey laff.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by mystikal(m): 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2009
I dey tell you.

CL dey come up very soon o
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by naso2(m): 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2009
ken_tuc_ky:

his celebration was like throwing a light match in2 a gasoline it does'nt make d gasoline d culprit.d guy lacks CLASS his ILLITRACY is at d HIGHEST LEVEL

so wetin make arsenal fans carry gasoline enter stadium na?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by jalether(m): 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2009
Southgate said it best if the fans are daft enough to boo a player then they should be

able to accept any form of reciprocation from the victim of abuse in this case (Ade), if you cant take it

then dont dish it
, spinless fouls thays what I call anyone whinning abt the incident, rubbish
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by manuel(m): 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2009
yeah Ade's celebration was a lil off and all that, but i believe Arsene Wenger is to blame for a lotta arsenal's woes. i knew that guy was visionless as soon as he sold viera. i wonder how much shares that man has got in arsenal that he cant get fired.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by mystikal(m): 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2009
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=676018&sec=england&root=england&cc=5739

Emmanuel Adebayor will be charged by the FA today with violent conduct for his stamp on Robin van Persie and will miss the Manchester
derby. The striker will be banned for three matches, with the FA viewing the incident as a red card offence.

But the Manchester City new-boy also faces a list of other disciplinary action, as the FA will also announce its decision to investigate a potential improper conduct charge relating to the same player's incitement of crowd trouble.

And, if the FA chooses to punish a second stamping incident involving Cesc Fabregas, Adebayor's ban could increase to four games.

The first FA charge, I would anticipate, will be made today in respect of the on-field issue and is sure to see the City striker banned for a minimum three matches, as if he received a straight red card. But with the severity of the violent conduct, coupled with the Fabregas incident, the FA have the power to hand out a four game suspension.

The crowd related incident sparked by the player's goal celebration is more contentious, as the last player to be punished for a similar incident, Gary Neville, escaped with a fine - although Nathan Tyson is currently awaiting judgement over a flag waving incident against Derby.

However, attitudes have hardened at Soho Square after the recent crowd disturbances at West Ham, and the FA now believe that the game needs to be urgently cleaned up to improve the chances of the 2018 World Cup bid.

So a suspension is a distinct possibility. Indeed, with the two charges and the prospect of further action over his celebration, Adebayor could face a five match ban in total.

But that is not the end of the player's punishment, with word coming from Manchester City that the disciplinary book will be thrown at Adebayor and an internal fine totalling £200,000 dished out.

I understand that City are hugely embarrassed by the outcry against their £25m centre-forward and plan to make a strongly worded statement condemning his behaviour. The board held a series of discussions throughout Sunday and gave the green light for boss Mark Hughes to have the final say on disciplinary matters. But an indignant City plan to take the disciplinary initiative and act even before the FA decide, inevitably, to issue charges against Adebayor for raking the face of Van Persie.

Hughes will fine his player the maximum possible under the rules, not only for the ugly attack on the Dutchman, but also for the way he celebrated his goal, despite the alleged provocation, in the form of taunts from the Arsenal fans.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by bilqiss(f): 7:09pm On Sep 14, 2009
El Stupido, that's Adebayor for you; you just do not rile up your former fans. I'm surprised no life or limb was lost grin. As for that foot stamp, no one can know what he must have been thinking. I see a danger sign on his career/popularity going very red right now.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Gamine(f): 7:12pm On Sep 14, 2009
Lmao.

He is Football's Kanye West <uglier version though>
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by khanye(m): 7:12pm On Sep 14, 2009
How ya like me now cool

Toure: Ade e don do let's go, this people fit stone you oooo grin

Gallas: This guy no go kill me today cheesy

Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by MT: 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2009
You guys have been talking abt Adebayor's unprofessionalism, what about Van Persie Rash Challenge on him. Let's our sense of judgement be fair pls
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by araoye(m): 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2009
MT for once i think i've a sensible response to this discourse, had vp's two foot lunge connected with adebayor what would u gooners have said, it was just good riddance to bad rubbish, like it has been said , if u can take it dont dish it out, its just simple, arsenal players elevated emman to a superstar with their harsh tackles and he showd em what class he belongs too. my advise? stop sulking and think of the next game u guys have, man utd 4 lyfffffffff
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by morpheus24: 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2009
Up Adebayor

Good you stuck it to those gunner fans who had no respct for your swagga and talent.

Take the match bans. It doesn't matter you have made your POINT.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by jalether(m): 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2009
MT:

You guys have been talking abt Adebayor's unprofessionalism, what about Van Persie Rash Challenge on him. Let's our sense of judgement be fair pls

GBAM, I wish most arsenal fans can be as sensible as this guy, (I used "most Arsenal fans" because the same wish for

every Arse's would be asking for too much, the equivalent of asking for a heavysnowstorm 365 days (all year round) in

Atacama desert cheesy
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by r231(m): 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2009
Gamine:

Lmao.

He is Football's Kanye West <uglier version though>

lol
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by snowdrops(m): 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2009
On the flip side, i never knew Adebayor had so much pace, The way the guy tear race eh like say na 100 metres he dey do, even Usain Bolt would have been impressed.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by saworoide: 9:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
araoye:

MT for once i think i've a sensible response to this discourse, had vp's two foot lunge connected with adebayor what would u gooners have said, it was just good riddance to bad rubbish, like it has been said , if u can take it dont dish it out, its just simple, arsenal players elevated emman to a superstar with their harsh tackles and he showd em what class he belongs too. my advise? stop sulking and think of the next game u guys have, man utd 4 lyfffffffff

Adebayor is supposed to be a professional and as a professional you do not join issues with thousand of fans as some of them definitely may not be as intelligent. His wild celebration in front of Arsenal fans was uncalled for. To those of you whos saw nothing wrong in it, his apology after the matc shows he himself knew it was wrong. Adebayor owes much of his rise to stardom to Arsenal irrespective of the fan's boo and he should have handled the situation in a more matured way.

Adebayor deliberately injured Van Persie when both of them have already lost the ball. This is not a good PR for a reigning Africa footballer of the year. Van Persie could have lost an eye to that attack. If Van Persie attempted to injure him as some guys are claiming here, then let's wait for FA's review of the footage as video evidence will clearly highlight who was cynical.

On a positive note for Arsenal fans, Eduardo has just been cleared oh his diving incident. This was another player that has been booed in 3 different matches and has remained cool and calm. He did not run to the England fand to celebrate his goals, he did not stamp any opponent in his traversty, yet he knew he was not at fault. He was eventually cleared of the accusation. That is the definition of class.

As an Arsenal fan, I have no doubt that Ade is a good player, wish him luck at Man city but no regret he left. He just need to rise above this petty level.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by McKren(m): 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2009
I will not be suprised if Adebayor comes out of this without a Ban A warning fine should be enough

The British Media are very eager to convict foreign players but if its an English Boy they will spin the hell out of it.
At worst they will say 'he did not need to do that' and it will be end of story.

Van Persie flew into Adebayor with what is a malicous challenge, Adebyor dodged and reciprocated . . . . you can blame Adebayor for over-reacting but Van Persie should be ashamed of himself for putting such a Statement out as if he was totally innocent
I doubt he would put that statement out if Arsenal won away by 4-2.

The attempt to ban Adebayor for his celebration is just very ridiculous. The guy did not make any silly hand gestures. We have seen footballers go away and after so much noise from home fans if they score they tell fans to shut up by putting one finger across their both lips. Do we want to start red carding all those sort of players?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by meine: 9:59pm On Sep 14, 2009
accepted adebayor should have applied a lil bit of maturity to his game. but i hate the way the arsenal fans whine after losing every match., what if arsenal had won by 4---2 would there be this soo much noise about adebayor! arsenals should grow up and get matured players into the team
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by baslone: 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2009
McKren:

I will not be suprised if Adebayor comes out of this without a Ban A warning fine should be enough

The British Media are very eager to convict foreign players but if its an English Boy they will spin the hell out of it.
At worst they will say 'he did not need to do that' and it will be end of story.

You mean matured players like Adebayour. The EPL dramas are getting
so easy too read out this days. Unfortunately
what Adebayor did on the match day was very unprofessional. Both the foul
on Persie and the wild Celebration. I don't think he's going to be the first player
to leave a clubside. In as much as I like Adebayour I think he should just be fined
but in the premiership that won't happen. The English F.A will definitely want to
get him out of the way for their trip to Old Trafford.

That league is just another home video.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by roymorah(m): 10:06pm On Sep 14, 2009
mehn! i love that dude called adebayor, he was the ish, say hello suckewrs,i have always known dat wenger aint got shit to offer in soccer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Sparta Prague: Europa League (1 - 1) - On 21st February 2013 / Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue / Francisco Gento Dies, Aged 88

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.