Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

What Is D Difference Between Fact And Truth? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is D Difference Between Fact And Truth? (499 Views)

Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces / What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? / "Wtf Fact" Picture Series (2) (3) (4)

What Is D Difference Between Fact And Truth? by aybabz101: 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
An argument ensued today between i and my friends about the difference between fact and the truth. Even after checking the phone dictionary, we were still not satisfied. But we both agree dat there is a diffetence between fact and truth.

My stance is dat fact is a proven and an established event. While truth is a circumstantial event. For example, jesus is our lord and saviour- dis is d truth to only christians but not to other religion but the fact is dat jesus walks the surface of the earth. Dat jesus walks d surface of the earth is a generally accepted fact to all.

But according to some of my friends, truth is not circumstantial. Dat truth is d reality of an event; the actual correctness of an event. While fact is circumstantial and can be subjected to further correctness.

So over to you oooo. Wetin una think?
Re: What Is D Difference Between Fact And Truth? by DesChyko: 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
I think a fact is a certain truth that has been proved beyond reasonable doubt. But a truth in its ordinary is kind of negligible, not necessarily proven but expected to be accepted as real.
Re: What Is D Difference Between Fact And Truth? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
Both are as a result of confirmed and tested hypothesis but used in different context.

Fact or theory (sciences)

Truth (English word)

Osun Poly Iree Post-utme Admission Screening Form 2016/2017 / Mo' Farah: A Confirmation Bias / Proposed Strike: FG Begins Negotiation With ASUP

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6