Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia (59243 Views)

Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" / Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey / Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by 50calibre(m): 12:08am On Jul 16, 2016
Shym3xx:
The next coup would happen in Nigeria.

Hopefully, the military would beat the shyte out of the illiterate population before restructuring the country. I said it here first.

lol Nigerian military is shi*t and filled with illiterate, low-IQ individuals whose only true skill is brutalising unarmed citizens.

Military would be bad news for Nigeria
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Shym3xx: 12:09am On Jul 16, 2016
Missy89:

I heard he is trying to get into Germany.

Where have you been?

Apparently, Merkel has denied him asylum.

I think the UK has accepted him though.

However, I don't think he's going to leave now since some people are already out on the street to confront the army.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by hotwax: 12:11am On Jul 16, 2016
Shym3xx:

However, I don't think he's going to leave now since some people are already out on the street to confront the army.

He is going no where. Assad is still in Syria up till tosay
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by ErasmusCOMP: 12:11am On Jul 16, 2016
Beamborla:

Don't forget the army is made up of Northerners
The same northerners that threw him out in 1985.
President Buhari is bad history student.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Shym3xx: 12:11am On Jul 16, 2016
50calibre:

lol Nigerian military is shi*t and filled with illiterate, low-IQ individuals whose only true skill is brutalising unarmed citizens.

Military would be bad news for Nigeria

Brev, Nigeria needs a change in leadership asap before a civil war breaks out. The naira should fall to probably like N500 to $1 by September and things are going to get crazy soon. And the economy will most likely collapse. Only the military or regime change can save naij as it's.

I'm sure the power that be have already set the regime change ball rolling. Don't be surprised when it happens.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by 50calibre(m): 12:12am On Jul 16, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol, imagine. grin

I think the west is trying to save him.

I'm sure a safe passage out of turkey would be hastily arranged for him, the question is who's willing to accept him?
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by NairaMinted: 12:12am On Jul 16, 2016
F-16 shoots down helicopter and forces massacre civilians!

Power struggle ongoing
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Missy89(f): 12:13am On Jul 16, 2016
Shym3xx:

The coup seemed to have failed. Bloodbath loading.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by scully95: 12:13am On Jul 16, 2016
1stCitizen:

You are correct to an extent. There is no way the Turkish military will launch a coup without US support considering the amount of military assets they have in that country.

However I do not think it has anything to do with Russia. Erdogan became a problem for the US and other western states with his heavy handedness, poor human rights record and support for ISIS.

NATO leaders were motified when he shot down a Russian jet.

Obama actually gave him the cold shoulder the last time he visited the US and refused to meet with him.

He had intelligence briefings about this coup and the Western involvement hence the desperate attempt to woo Putin.

i guess you are right as well. 'wooing Putin' at the die minute when the deal is already being sealed. and here i am suspecting kerry's visit to moscow meeting with putin. i have a mixed feeling now that putin sealed that deal with kerry.

geopolitically, it's not a good deal if putin ever did that which i doubt because this is a victory to the west,nato,us which is also pushing the baltics against russia.

if there is one thing putin needs, it's the support of turkey and check it, erdogan has his shits stained everywhere.... if putin ever signed any deal which i still doubt, the west will always double down.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Shym3xx: 12:13am On Jul 16, 2016
hotwax:

He is going no where. Assad is still in Syria up till tosay

If the coup is successful - he'll be crazy to stay.

They'll kill him. I'm sure he knows that, hence he's still hiding till further notice.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by hotwax: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2016
Shym3xx:

Brev, Nigeria needs a change in leadership asap before a civil war breaks out. The naira should fall to probably like N500 to $1 by September and things are going to get crazy soon. And the economy will most likely collapse. Only the military or regime change can save naij as it's.

I'm sure the power that be have already set the regime change ball rolling. Don't be surprised when it happens.

Don't bring Nigeria politics here. This is not APC vs PDP. The worse that can happen is Biafra agitation and avengers. These set only represent 30% of Nigeria population or tribe. So Mr man..no coup in Nigeria. Maybe when you wake up from your dream
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:16am On Jul 16, 2016
The coup initiators are amateurs with little or no public support.

Coup doesn't have a chance in present day Turkey. This is a wake up call to President Erdogan to sit up & defeat ISIS & be more pro-democractic.

The coup will not succeed.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by 50calibre(m): 12:16am On Jul 16, 2016
hotwax:

Sir madman...you can see clearly more than CNN aljezera, Euronews.

I saw erdogan delivering a speech live now...

You and your other baboon are here chanting Russia.

Russia ko Afghanistan ni. Mr knowall

Is this guy for real grin grin what a moro*n

Are you under any impression that I'm not seeing this live?

You saw Erdogan give a press conference where? On FaceTime? Hahaha take several seats, you're clueless

3 Likes

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by hotwax: 12:16am On Jul 16, 2016
Shym3xx:

If the coup is successful - he'll be crazy to stay.

They'll kill him. I'm sure he knows that, hence he's still hiding till further notice.

Its far from successful. Part of the military are loyal to erdogan. It might lead to civil war or failed coup plot.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by BetaThings: 12:17am On Jul 16, 2016
kikake:
Guess why the EU has refused Turkey membership.

Political instability and underdevelopment is a trademark of any country that has ..... you know who .... in large numbers. That's why Nigeria suffers.

The countries that were the principal actors in WWI and WWII had Christians in large numbers
The country that gassed 6million jews to death had Christians in large numbers
The Christians that invaded other countries and took them with brutal treatment as slaves had Christians in large numbers
The country that deliberately Guatemalans with syphilis as part of an experiment had Christians in large numbers
The country that deliberately depopulated the native indians with small pox had Christians in large numbers

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by hotwax: 12:18am On Jul 16, 2016
50calibre:

Is this guy for real grin grin what a moro*n

Are you under any impression that I'm not seeing this live?

You saw Erdogan give a press conference where? On FaceTime? Hahaha take several seats, you're clueless

When you are seeing it, how does Russia comes in here ?

What business does Russia has with this issue

Yes I saw him on face time.

What's your argument? Ignoramus...

Shut d FCK up and stop unnecessary argument.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by tdayof(m): 12:18am On Jul 16, 2016
csamii:
Erdogan is going nowhere. Any attempt to launch him out of turkey through the air is considered a suicide mission. He's saving grace for now is the police force that is still loyal to him. Well, the military is going overrun the police force soon and Erdogan will be history.

FYI, Putin has no hand in this.
Erdogan isn't in Turkey.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by chidozieikeji2: 12:19am On Jul 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

Let e rephrase my question,

how will military rule make your life better than democracy?
it will prune down unecessary spending on useless federal and state legislators who make useless laws for their selfish interest those money will be channeled to more meaningful projects that will create employment okay compare the rate of unemployment during military dayz and todayz democracy and tell me d difference during military dayz have u heard of governors owing civil servants
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Shym3xx: 12:20am On Jul 16, 2016
Missy89:

I thought you said it's western backed? How come Obama has come out to denounce the coup and restate his support for Erdogan?

Now matter the end game, I don't think Erdogan will survive for long.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by mostyg(m): 12:20am On Jul 16, 2016
And now that the coup leader has surrendered
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Malawian(m): 12:21am On Jul 16, 2016
In ma parlour, infront of ma 98 inches plasma grin sipping ma don simon and watching rugged men run things.

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by benji93: 12:21am On Jul 16, 2016
Erdogan is on vacation, however fighter jets are flying all over, a tanker just crushed a taxi, as turkish citizens take to the streets to protest the coup
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by buJu234: 12:22am On Jul 16, 2016
I think its wrong for a coup d dat in this 21st century.
If u are not ok with the existing government then go the ballot vote and vote.

If ur view is among the majority then u can change the government, if not plx stay with the democratic elected government. .

Simple not coup,

I think Egypt sisi example is a bad example for the world society.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by GuyFawkes: 12:22am On Jul 16, 2016
Missy89:

Seems it's gonna fail, series of military generals, politicians, state news media have voiced their support for Erdogan. The White House also seems to be leaning towards him. If it fails expect Erdogan to decimate the military heirachy again.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by hotwax: 12:23am On Jul 16, 2016
These coup plotters no try. They left the war plane arsenal to the government ...that's their downfall.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by plaetton: 12:24am On Jul 16, 2016
Shym3xx:

You're always wrong on everything. grin

The naira has been floated and it's almost N400 to $1 like I predicted.

Do you have more economic theories like the semi-illiterates who populate Nigeria to post on here, before I disappear? grin

Lol.
Every economic prediction I have made so far is coming true one after another.

I actually predicted a N400 to $1 way back in January. I still predict N500 to $ by year end.
I don't see any strong economic underpinnings for a stronger Naira in the near and medium term.

I also predicted, and still predict bank failures .
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by csamii: 12:24am On Jul 16, 2016
tdayof:
Erdogan isn't in Turkey.

Yeah! He's in my kitchen and I'm trying to make for him a delicious meal.

This coup is internal. U.S, Russia has no hand in this sh*t.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by benji93: 12:25am On Jul 16, 2016
buJu234:

If ur view is among the majority then u can change the government, if not plx stay with the democratic elected government. .

Simple not coup,

I beg to differ, when a nation has been damaged beyond repair, when thiefs take charge of affairs, and are celebrated a military coup might just be the answer
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by hotwax: 12:26am On Jul 16, 2016
buJu234:

Simple not coup,

Turkey case is different ...the military are legalized to take over the government if the leader is deviating from secularism.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by 50calibre(m): 12:26am On Jul 16, 2016
Shym3xx:

Military takeover could have been a viable solution if Nigeria had a well organised and functional military unfortunately, Nigeria is too divided along religious & ethnic lines for any form of cohesion. Even the military is divided among themselves

One way or the other, there will always be an aggrieved party.

Nigeria is hopeless I'm afraid, except there's a recolonisation
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Shym3xx: 12:26am On Jul 16, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.
Every economic prediction I have made so far is coming true one after another.

I actually predicted a N400 to $1 way back in January. I still predict N500 to $ by year end.
I don't see any strong economic underpinnings for a stronger Naira in the near and medium term.

I also predicted, and still predict bank failures .

Lol.

But you supported floating and also asserted that the naira would fluctuate for a bit, then peak at around N250 to $1.

Anyway, they're just postponing the total collapse of Nigeria - the economy should shrink further by the end of the year.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Ugosample(m): 12:27am On Jul 16, 2016
csamii:

No, no, no! This coup is succeeding alright.
But its taking long o

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

UK Shuts Kabul Airport Gates With Airlift To End In Hours Leaving 150 Brits(Pix) / Hamas Women Fighters Vs Israeli Women Fighters (Pics) / Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.