Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' (2971 Views)

Poll: In your opinion, should Ribadu be left alone?

Yes: 71% (38 votes)
No: 28% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

Akpabio's Victory: Sahara Reporters Apologizes To The Public Over False Report / CCT To Arraign Orubebe For False Asset Declaration & Acceptance Of N70m Bribe / FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by AloyEmeka6: 3:14am On Sep 13, 2009
Ribadu Declared Wanted By Nigerian Secret Service

[size=14pt]Security agencies chase Ribadu[/size]
WRITTEN BY ADELANWA BAMGBOYE, LAGOS    

The Nigerian Police Force (NPF) has embarked on a manhunt to fish out the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu after his sudden appearance on Thursday evening at the Ikeja GRA residence of the late Chief Gani Fawehinmi.
According to impeccable sources, security agents in Lagos and Abuja have been making frantic efforts to find out his whereabouts in a bid to arrest him.

Ribadu had arrived the house of the late legal icon, at about 6:45 pm Thursday in company of his lawyer Mr. Femi Falana to pay his last respects and to condole the family of the deceased.

As at the time of filing in this report, neither Ribadu nor his lawyer could be found when our correspondent visited the Lagos Chamber of Mr. Femi Falana, located on Adekunle Fajuyi Road near the Ikeja GRA.

Weekly Trust learnt that the Lagos-based lawyer has travelled out of the state yesterday.

Specifically, the Code of Conduct Bureau had earlier declared war on Ribadu over alleged false assets declaration.

Ribadu, who was sent on course at the Nigerian Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru, Jos, was later demoted from Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) to Assistant Commissioner of Police and subsequently dismissed by the police authorities for insurbordination.

The manhunt for Ribadu, it was gathered, took the security agents to Fawehinmi’s residence in Lagos and later to some other places where they thought he could possibly hid.

The police, Immigration Service and State Security Service (SSS) personnel at the airport and land borders, Weekly Trust gathered, were directed to spread their dragnet and arrest Ribadu.
http://www.weekly.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1141:security-agencies-chase-ribadu&catid=40:cover-stories&Itemid=26
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by AloyEmeka6: 3:29am On Sep 13, 2009
Yaradua should be ashamed of this. Why are they chasing this guy around?. I know it must be James Ibori who put Yaradua up to this. Power!
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by Fhemmmy: 3:53am On Sep 13, 2009
A man came to Nigeria, left Nigeria, now they are declaring him wanted?
Do we have intelligence unit in that Nation?
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by sjeezy8: 4:00am On Sep 13, 2009
Nigeria is one big joke im telling you

nothing but clowns running the Government trying to confuse and evade the masses from important issues

Thats how they brain wash Nigerians into loving to read about negative things.

By publishing fake/blown up  and all types of juju shit stories
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by Beaf: 4:14am On Sep 13, 2009
9ja and noise making. Someone came, went on tour of the nation then left.
Suddenly, the guys who couldn't read his name when he came in and when he left are now searching. . . I will die of laughter for 9ja sha!

Maybe they are looking for his spirit.
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by bawomolo(m): 5:02am On Sep 13, 2009
nigeria's most wanted - joker edition
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by canuck(m): 5:08am On Sep 13, 2009
See serious campaign after election!
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by BlackRevo: 6:21am On Sep 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

My brother we have zero intelligence unit, i am just ashamed of Nigeria. I waiting till the day Nigeria will go to war with another country then we will be fully exposed.

Osama bin laden can even walk through our airport into nigeria and nobody will know about it. They don't have intelligence to catch kidnappers, i don't want to complain anymore than to say we do not have any intelligence unit that one can boast of.
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 13, 2009
Black_Revo:

My brother we zero intelligence unit, i am just ashamed of Nigeria. I waiting till the day Nigeria will go to war with another country then we will be fully exposed.

Osama bin laden can even walk through our airport into nigeria and nobody will know about it. They don't have intelligence to catch kidnappers, i don't want to complain anymore than to say we do not have any intelligence unit that one can boast of.

Do you believe they are actually looking for him or just some media frenzy to hide their irrelevance and fear of Ribadu?

As loose as the nigeria intelligence unit might be, its clear they knew when he landed nigeria, they were aware of his presence at Gani's funeral and they definitely knew when he left Nigeria.
Its a shame the FG is being ran by very unintelligent, vision-less and greedy beings.
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by sjeezy8: 6:57am On Sep 13, 2009
They dont want ribadu just like other "wanted" politicians who enter and leave Nigeria freely
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by BlackRevo: 8:15am On Sep 13, 2009
nuzo:

Do you believe they are actually looking for him or just some media frenzy to hide their irrelevance and fear of Ribadu?

As loose as the nigeria intelligence unit might be, its clear they knew when he landed nigeria, they were aware of his presence at Gani's funeral and they definitely knew when he left Nigeria.
Its a shame the FG is being ran by very unintelligent, vision-less and greedy beings.

You are definitely right about that . When asari dokubo came back from his medical trip abroad. he was arrested at the airport and there many other instances but i am not sure about the borders. It might just be a media frenzy or they are just playing politics here. I think maybe also there has not been a clear instruction to get hold of him until after he left.
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by AloyEmeka6: 10:05am On Sep 13, 2009
nuzo:

Its like you knew his whereabouts. I think Nigerian intelligence should start looking for this man by arresting you. How did you know he already left Nigeria because all our agents at the airport and boarders did not see him leave. Common, we caught Ayo Fayose when he tried to sneak into Republic of Benin disguised as a marauder, why can't we catch Ribadu?
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by AloyEmeka6: 10:07am On Sep 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

When did he leave?
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Its like you knew his whereabouts. I think Nigerian intelligence should start looking for this man by arresting you. How did you know he already left Nigeria because all our agents at the airport and boarders did not see him leave. Common, we caught Ayo Fayose when he tried to sneak into Republic of Benin disguised as a marauder, why can't we catch Ribadu?

Blah blah blah. . . . sharap jor! angry

It was all over the dailies that he came, paraded himself and addressed people in public events and left through the same Zik airport in Abuja; the headquarters of your government and her secret agency. And all of a sudden, you guys decided to play your diversionary tactics.

And why would you guys even want him arrested in the first place?
Should he be arrested before arresting IBB, Ibori, OBJ etc?
The big joke is on you and the corrupt establishment that bought you over. cheesy

I hereby call on the head of the SSS to resign his position for negligence of duty.
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by PAININASS: 10:58am On Sep 13, 2009
They want to kill Ribadu,
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by ridgeman: 11:01am On Sep 13, 2009
Read between the lines, Ribadu is free as a bird! He pissed off a lot of powerful people but also has a lot of powerful supporters. As long as he is based out of the country there is no real need to hold him. If they hold him what are they going to do with him?He is less of a problem if he is free,
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by AloyEmeka6: 11:33am On Sep 13, 2009
nuzo:

Blah blah blah. . . . sharap jor! angry

It was all over the dailies that he came, paraded himself and addressed people in public events and left through the same Zik airport in Abuja; the headquarters of your government and her secret agency. And all of a sudden, you guys decided to play your diversionary tactics.

And why would you guys even want him arrested in the first place?

Should he be arrested before arresting IBB, Ibori, OBJ etc?
The big joke is on you and the corrupt establishment that bought you over. cheesy

I hereby call on the head of the SSS to resign his position for negligence of duty.

Because he stole our millions and ran abroad with it. Embezzlement is against Nigerian law and Yaradua will soon file for his extradition , bring him home and send him to Delta state to work for one of Ibori's mistresses.
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by puskin: 11:56am On Sep 13, 2009
. . .nd which country's security agencies is goin 2help extradite Ribadu when his word on corruption is alwayz carved in stone.
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by underscore: 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2009
@ aloy-emeka, do you have any evidence to back your claim(s) that Ribadu embezzled public funds and ran abroad?

Or you r are just one of those stereo-typed, bandwagon-driven minds plaguing the Nigerian state?
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by rasputinn(m): 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2009
What's the next comedy show please??,this one is tooooooooooooooooooooo boring
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by sley4life(m): 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2009
Y should ribadu be left alone. Was tafa balogun, okiro et al left alone
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by rasputinn(m): 1:46pm On Sep 13, 2009
[b]Part of Ribadu's interview with Thisday,three days ago;

He said that as former chairman of EFCC, he has done his best along with other Nigerians that worked with him.
“I have done my own bit to the best of my ability together with other Nigerians and all the noise that EFCC failed during our time does not move me. I’m proud of what we did.
“I’m not there now. I will leave them and Nigerians to judge their performance.
I will like to tell Andoakaa to learn from history, that whatever he is doing now, a day will come when he will be asked to account for his actions.
“The embarrassment he is bringing to Nigeria is at international level and he should know that his actions are well recorded and documented by Nigerians and those who have the interest of Nigeria at heart. A day is coming when all these would be made public and justice will be done on behalf of Nigerians,” he said.
He said it is not true that he did not declare his assets during his tenure as EFCC boss, the subject of his on-going trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.
After an initial hesitation to talk on the case, Ribadu opened up.
“I don’t want to discuss the case at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.  
They said I have not declared my asset but that is not correct.
“If you don’t declare your assets, you cannot get Senate clearance before becoming EFCC chairman and a week after I left Kuru I also declared my assets.”[/
b]

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=154319
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by sley4life(m): 1:46pm On Sep 13, 2009
Ribadu must declare his asset. No one is saint. He should fllw same path as others did. How come Ribadu turned billionaire over night? He owns houses in US, UK and other part of europe
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2009
who says he has not or did not
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by itosco2003(f): 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2009
Ribadu isnt a saint. He should be prosecuted if found guilty of declaring fake asset
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by rasputinn(m): 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Because he stole our millions and ran abroad with it. Embezzlement is against Nigerian law and Yaradua will soon file for his extradition , bring him home and send him to Delta state to work for one of Ibori's mistresses.

I thunk you got it twisted,you meant to say IBORI (the greatest ex-convict) stole Delta state's money and shipped it abroad right?

Well,nobody in the present unholy alliance that is Yara Sick's government can touch Ribadu,for crying out loud,his coming and going out of Nigeria under the very noses of those coconut heads allegedly declaring him wanted on the pages of newspapers says so much of their competence

For your info,Ribadu's word/opinion about the present inept and corrupt government of Yara Dull is law in international fora,so keep wishing
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by rasputinn(m): 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2009
sley4life:

Ribadu must declare his asset.

"They said I have not declared my asset but that is not correct.
“If you don’t declare your assets, you cannot get Senate clearance before becoming EFCC chairman and a week after I left Kuru I also declared my assets.”-Ribadu

Forget the noise they're making about false asset declaration and all what not,they're just trying to give a dog a bad name just so they can hang it,BTW this dog is un-hangable

sley4life:

He should fllw same path as others did.

Which others,I hope you are not referring to that charade by Yara Slow
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by jamesways: 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2009
But how come they didnt nab ribadu when he came to pay homage to Gani's(blessed memory) family? There are some questions that needs to be asked
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by sley4life(m): 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2009
rasputinn:

"They said I have not declared my asset but that is not correct.
“If you don’t declare your assets, you cannot get Senate clearance before becoming EFCC chairman and a week after I left Kuru I also declared my assets.”-Ribadu

Forget the noise they're making about false asset declaration and all what not,they're just trying to give a dog a bad name just so they can hang it,BTW this dog is un-hangable

Which others,I hope you are not referring to that charade by Yara Slow
Dude, one thing in naija is that the truth usually takes time to come out. We are praising Ribadu but there are lots of dark side about him that haven't been revealed to us. If Ribadu declares unedited asset to us then he is also corrupt.
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by sley4life(m): 2:13pm On Sep 13, 2009
Black_Revo:

My brother we have zero intelligence unit, i am just ashamed of Nigeria. I waiting till the day Nigeria will go to war with another country then we will be fully exposed.

[b]Osama bin laden can even walk through our airport into nigeria and nobody will know about it. [/b]They don't have intelligence to catch kidnappers, i don't want to complain anymore than to say we do not have any intelligence unit that one can boast of.

I wonder ooh. How can Ribadu be wanted & he came peacefully and left same way without any scratch. Will they try such with the FBI. Our EFCC officials needs to go for courses abroad. All i know is they are answering name just to make the count
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2009
is it now false declaration of asset?

I thought they said he did not declare at all.

This whole circus and nonsense can only happen in a bannana republic like Nigeria.

This is how Farida Wazairi went to get her supposed 'investigators' to type Ribadu in a UK Home directory and all the houses with Surname Ribadu they claimed they all belong to Nuhu Ribadu.

Its shameful what Waziri has turned EFCC into. This is why she is happy to convert EFCC to a debt collecting agency just to score cheap political points.
Re: Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' by KnowAll(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2009
Of course the goverment knew when he came into the country, the only problem was there was no formal warrant of arrest from either the EFCC, the Nigerian Police force which he was dismissed from in which he has taking the case to the courts to seek redress this is a civil matter not an arrestable offence. There was no formal warrant of arrest from the SSS or the Presidency for subversive utterances and behaviour, hence why he was not arrested.  

Now the ICPC, EFCC, and the AG  has declared him wanted for not declaring his assets and for subsversive utterances towards the Yardua Goverment. What it simply means is that next time he strolls into Nigeria he would be picked up. Basically they are warning him to stay from Nigeria if he loves himself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Britain Rigged Nigeria's First Elections For Ncnc And Npc / Subsidy Fraudsters / IBB And Son At Loggerheads Over Gubernatorial Aspiration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.