Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,030 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking (20613 Views)

Gionee S6s 32GB With Original Charger Or Swap With Iphone 6s / How To Prevent Your Charger/headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking / Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by nze4al(m): 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
Are you tired of buying new chargers or headphones for your phone? Then check out this useful hack for preventing your smartphone charger, headphones, and other cords from fraying or breaking, causing them to stop working on your phone.

From my experience, I discovered that most cables are able to twist and break while kept untouched in the bag or when used roughly. After going through my share of expensive cables with self-destructing powers, I became extremely careful of how I stored and used them. Yet, I still managed to bust these cables every few months.

And then I realized this simple trick using the spring from old ballpoint pen as support to my weak charger cables and headphones to give them more life and prevents it from bending.

How is it done?

How to prevent your charger or headphones from bending too much and breaking

▪Just grab the spring out from any of your old ballpoint pen

▪Then stretch it and wrap it around the part of the cord that tends to bend, and it’lll keep it straight forever

▪This will stop it from wearing down over years.

That's all! Very simple, easy and straightforward hack your not aware of, works like magic. I hope you find it useful, if you do please take your time to share with others.

Source: http://www.techclosed.com/2016/07/15/how-to-prevent-your-charger-or-headphones-from-bending-too-much-and-break/

Cc: Lalasticlala

16 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by Pseudonymous: 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
I like.. Quite informative
Lalasticlala, what about this?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
no pic of how to put the string

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by Emmaway(m): 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2016
nze4al:
Are you tired of buying new chargers or headphones for your phone? Then check out this useful hack for preventing your smartphone charger, headphones, and other cords from fraying or breaking, causing them to stop working on your phone.

From my experience, I discovered that most cables are able to twist and break while kept untouched in the bag or when used roughly. After going through my share of expensive cables with self-destructing powers, I became extremely careful of how I stored and used them. Yet, I still managed to bust these cables every few months.

And then I realized this simple trick using the spring from old ballpoint pen as support to my weak charger cables and headphones to give them more life and prevents it from bending.

How is it done?

▪Then stretch it and wrap it around the part of the cord that tends to bend, and it’lll keep it straight forever

That's all! Very simple, easy and straightforward hack your not aware of, works like magic. I hope you find it useful, if you do please take your time to share with others.

Source: http://www.techclosed.com/2016/07/15/how-to-prevent-your-charger-or-headphones-from-bending-too-much-and-break/

Thanks for the information

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by sod09(m): 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
Cool
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by Hopez456(m): 2:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
This is thoughtful of you op.
Let me pack all the pen with springs commot for house before Chinedu see this information. I no trust dat boy e fit turn am to bizness.

48 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by AwesomeRomeo: 3:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
Thanks op but how to wrap the spring around the cord is the problem Op upload the video clip abeg smiley

6 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by encryptjay(m): 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nice one OP
No need for videos, straighten the spring and then wind it around the part of cord you want to protect.
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by Olasco93: 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
Very helpful before, now and for the future. May the desires of thine heart be granted thee OP.

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by MilesLamar(m): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hopez456:
This is thoughtful of you op.
Let me pack all the pen with springs commot for house before Chinedu see this information. I no trust dat boy e fit turn am to bizness.

wetin stop u from using it to do business?? Abi u no wise like chinedu?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by Mikocake(m): 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
my people die because of lack of knowledge..good one op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 16, 2016
I ve just tried it. It firmly held my cord.

thanks.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by Hopez456(m): 9:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
MilesLamar:

wetin stop u from using it to do business?? Abi u no wise like chinedu?
My Bro, no be so o. Chinedu Na my padi but i have to be smart too. If you code...Lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by weezii(m): 10:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nice one OP.
Life hacks helps a lot

8 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by nze4al(m): 11:13pm On Jul 17, 2016
M telling you
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by nze4al(m): 10:12am On Jul 18, 2016
AwesomeRomeo:
Thanks op but how to wrap the spring around the cord is the problem Op upload the video clip abeg smiley
It very simple just try it first
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by kolexepana: 10:16am On Jul 19, 2016
I don't still get how the spring will enter.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by easrael(f): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2016
nze4al:

How is it done?

Nice thread OP

Can I steal your post OP?

I'd credit your blog do not worry
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by osenbarak: 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
nice discovery bro
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by easrael(f): 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
SInce OP did not reply my message so I will just go on ahead
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by nze4al(m): 3:05am On Jul 23, 2016
easrael:
SInce OP did not reply my message so I will just go on ahead
you know the right thing bro
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by easrael(f): 3:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
nze4al:
you know the right thing bro

Which is?
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by pointstores(m): 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
great
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by Proffdada: 6:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Knew it before this thread undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by HRich(m): 6:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Please How do I shit

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by DICKtator: 6:54am On Jul 28, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by Toluwani111: 6:55am On Jul 28, 2016
bonus tips: people should also read: How To Easily Recognize A Original/Fake Charger before buying it
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by Psalmuel92(m): 6:55am On Jul 28, 2016
Thank u
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by tunshe: 6:57am On Jul 28, 2016
smithsydny:
no pic of how to put the string

I think it's deliberate for people with common sense.

3 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by tunshe: 6:58am On Jul 28, 2016
kolexepana:
I don't still get how the spring will enter.

Have you tried it?
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by SIRKAY98(m): 6:59am On Jul 28, 2016
Ok nice one
Re: How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking by joey150(m): 7:00am On Jul 28, 2016
This hack dey very inconclusive. How do i wrap the spring on the usb wire? It certainly cant pass through any of the usb heads.. O.p go and check well from wherever you copied this thing from

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 6 Pro Full Review (photos) / Unlock All New Samsung Phones / Musk: Twitter To Ditch Bird-logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.