Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) (170294 Views)

Lenovo On Video Mode. .. How Do I Remove It / Why I Would Never Advise Even My Enemy To Buy A GIONEE Phone. / Which Gionee Phone Is The Best You Have Used (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by Dramadiddy(m): 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2018
scent9:

I've tried it but it's still showing me d input password, still unable to untick d guest mode.
can I see a screenshot then
Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by scent9(f): 4:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
Dramadiddy:
can I see a screenshot then

Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by scent9(f): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2018
[quote author=scent9 post=65361809][/quote]

Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by Dramadiddy(m): 4:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
[quote author=scent9 post=65361809][/quote] ur phone is not in guest mode so u would need to enter guest mode and incorrectly put ur password if you wanna change it but you can't remove guest mode from your phone,it's the phones feature

1 Like

Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by scent9(f): 4:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
Dramadiddy:
ur phone is not in guest mode so u would need to enter guest mode and incorrectly put ur password if you wanna change it but you can't remove guest mode from your phone,it's the phones feature

Yh I knw I jst want to b able to untick it. C photo

Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by Dramadiddy(m): 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
scent9:

Yh I knw I jst want to b able to untick it. C photo
don't know about this one then
Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by QueenTonia: 6:52pm On Jun 06, 2018
For those with the forgotten password to disable guest mode
-go to settings
-security
-enable make password visible
-click on password protection
-select a question and provide an answer to it.
-make sure to remember the question n answer
-click on guest mode
-type a wrong password
-then beneath you will find forget password
-click on that
-provide the answer to the question
-uncheck guest mode and unchecked enable password

2 Likes

Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by ahmedbanj(m): 8:17pm On Jul 03, 2018
QueenTonia:
-go to settings
-security
-click on guest mode
-type a wrong password
-click on that

U're a mouthed guru! nice idea!
Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by budaatum: 10:06pm On Jul 11, 2018
dominique:
P5w centre.
Sorry to derail. I did email mods. And I asked for the post to be reinstated, but got no response.

Quite a lot of research went into that post, so if you could, I'd be most obliged.
Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by dominique(f): 11:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
budaatum:

Sorry to derail. I did email mods. And I asked for the post to be reinstated, but got no response.

Quite a lot of research went into that post, so if you could, I'd be most obliged.

The post has already been reinstated the moment you got unbanned. Except it is not the one below

https://www.nairaland.com/4429818/take-doctrine-trinity-those-saying/7#69263799

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by patobi: 8:55pm On Sep 06, 2018
Dramadiddy:
don't know about this one then
QueenTonia:
-go to settings
-security
-click on guest mode
-type a wrong password
-click on that

Please I have tried the method to remove my gionee m5 guest mode and it is still asking for password which I don't know, please what do I still do
Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by abidemi427: 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
Please I mistakenly clicked that guest mode..am now trying to unclick it and its requiring a password and I have got no idea of any password...please how do I safely remove it from guest mode...using a gionee p5w phone...thanks

Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by quinnboy: 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2019
dominique:

Thanks. I tried it but I didn't see the feature. I carefully navigated the settings and I've fixed it. From settings, I went to security and I saw that guest mode was ticked and I unticked it and the phone is all good now. How I wished I had carefully done this last week.
Thanks for sharing..... I just fixed mine.

1 Like

Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by CandiceJay(f): 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
Simply go to your fingerprint settings and allow fingerprint to unlock guest mode. Go back to the guest mode box and untick using your fingerprint to unlock. It's as simple as that.
Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2019
Thank you. I just rectified my problem.
masterP042:
Op. Go to setting, then security, under the privacy deselect guest mode, but u will be reuired to input your pin.
Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2019
dominique:

Thanks. I tried it but I didn't see the feature. I carefully navigated the settings and I've fixed it. From settings, I went to security and I saw that guest mode was ticked and I unticked it and the phone is all good now. How I wished I had carefully done this last week.
wait from a niaraland mod? grin I thought all you guys did was code all day... Hmmmm
Re: My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) by TheSourcerer: 8:19am On Jun 30, 2020
dominique:
I have this P5w that is about 5 months now. For the past few days, I'm unable to access my call logs and sms inbox. Just today, I realised that I can't view the photos in my gallery because my phone is 'guest mode'. I've restarted the phone several times, cleared the phone cache and ran a virus scan yet I have limited access to key features on the phone. Please how do I go about removing my phone from this mode? I don't want to have to go to their centre.
Good Morning to you. ..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Unveils Bounce Tariff: Get 30MB Per Recharge And Call ALL Networks At 12k/s / nokia su-33w tv receiver update / Infinix Hot S Official Discussion Thread (leaked Pictures X521)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.