Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday (56595 Views)

Igbo Man Describes Jesus As Greek Idol, Warns Igbos To Stop Worshipping Him / Muslim Youths Destroy Catholic Church In Baki Iku, Near Abuja / Actor Robert Powell: Stop Worshipping Me, I Am Not The Real Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by CeoNewshelm(m): 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
PHOTOS: 200 Muslim Youth Destroy Catholic Church Near Abuja For Worshipping On Friday

A few days after a female pastor in the Redeem Christian Church of God, Mrs. Eunice Olawale, was brutally killed by suspected Muslim extremists, about 200 Muslim youths on Friday attacked St. Philip’s Catholic Parish, Baki Iku, which is very close to Zuma Rock in Niger State, for worshipping on Friday.

According to eyewitnesses, some Catholics had gone to the church to pray and were attacked by the Muslims who claimed that Friday is their day of prayer and that the Church only has right to worship on Sundays.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/photos-200-muslim-youth-destroy.html

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by ikp120(m): 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hmmm. No much to comment on this matter today... Next time, land grabbers.
Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by 9jatriot(m): 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
Why is the world suddenly changing and becoming intolerant. All these religious houses have stood side by side each other for centuries. Very strange.

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by goldeno10boy: 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
what nonsence is this

photos of the youths or Adonbelivit

except if you tell me your phones were sized during the attack

#saynotodeceptivejournalism

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by Amberon11: 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
O

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by Amberon11: 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
You don't have sense.
goldeno10boy:
what nonsence is this

411 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by goldeno10boy: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2016
Amberon11:
You don't have sense.
what is this creature , common go back underground

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by kekakuz(m): 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
the way ofparadise in the the way of the sword. that is what their holy book teaches
so what do you expect.
peaceful religion my butt

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by nigerianbrides: 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
The government should intervene immediately
Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by dayokus: 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
hmmm
Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by cecs(m): 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
Media....journalist oh, bloggers make una fear God

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by phanshark(m): 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
CeoNewshelm:
PHOTOS: 200 Muslim Youth Destroy Catholic Church Near Abuja For Worshipping On Friday

A few days after a female pastor in the Redeem Christian Church of God, Mrs. Eunice Olawale, was brutally killed by suspected Muslim extremists, about 200 Muslim youths on Friday attacked St. Philip’s Catholic Parish, Baki Iku, which is very close to Zuma Rock in Niger State, for worshipping on Friday.

According to eyewitnesses, some Catholics had gone to the church to pray and were attacked by the Muslims who claimed that Friday is their day of prayer and that the Church only has right to worship on Sundays.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/photos-200-muslim-youth-destroy.html

the truth will soon come out

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by Ekuru: 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
The teachings of Islam is prone to violence. The holy book can be manipulated to provocation. The truth is, one Alfa or Iman can just wake up one day, go to the mosque and brainwash people and before you say holy Mary, churches are burnt. I refuse to say all Muslims are violent, no. But this religion is so open to violence and these thugs are harnessing it.

Christians CANNOT and WILL NOT run away from Nigeria. Christianity CANNOT die because Christ is Alive! He's not dead.

Whoever these people claim to follow is in the grave, Jesus Christ rose from that grave, He's not dead.

Christianity is love, and we will never carry weapon. God's watching all these. Very soon, we shall know which will stand the test of time between those following a DEAD Leader and we following a LIVING Leader.

443 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by Drajah(m): 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
Just like that....if na true, I no sure say those Muslim youths don near school for their life...we dey reason say this economy just bad, dem dey drag days to pray....mumu youths.....instead of planning, thinking of how to move this country out of this economic mess with or without the help of the government or revolting against the government una dey fight for time and days to pray..... grin grin grin these are the reasons why we go still remain like this..... angry angry angry

@the end na division sure pass.....

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by dihalao(m): 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
1. Photos of the youth.
2. How are you sure they were muslims?
3. Who counted the 200 people?
4. This scene looks like thieves looking for what to steal.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by Victorakats(m): 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
When you have leaders whose body language supports religious intolerance, anarchy, violence, intimidation and suppression, you will definitely expect things like this.
This is an indirect way of forcing Islam to those who are Christians.
When the Muslims can worship at any time, any day, any moment and Christians are not allowed to worship on a particular day, it's obvious that Christians and Muslims cannot coexist in one environment.
Will the leadership act or was this also part of the promised change?
Hmmmmmmm...

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by LordMecuzy(m): 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
Northern Muslims.... cry cry cry

Lord Lugard, Why? cry cry embarassed lipsrsealed

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by uchebest2006(m): 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
Stupid Idiots................Fools!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
goldeno10boy:
what nonsence is this

...zombie spotted

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by SuperSuave(m): 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
Welcome to a new day, a new dawn, a new aluta not against that other tribe, religion, sex or color but to a new Brotherhood where peace, love, selfless service will be the order of the day.

The New Nigerian Youth!!!!!

Welcome to the Voice of the Nigerian Youths, let our silence be heard the loudest and our voices the weapon of true change!

Vision

To awaken, enlighten and reposition the Nigerian Youth to function effectively for the purpose of achieving inter-tribal and religious coexistence and ultimately leading in a secular and functional society.

Mission

We, the Nigerian youths are poised to ensuring a Nigeria where youths take their rightful position in political and economic decision of our fatherland. We are determined to ensure that through selfless service and adherence to the Rule of Law, the economic and political future of Nigeria is rooted in core moral values as envisaged by the founding fathers of our dear nation. Furthermore, we believe the need to right the wrongs of the past and chart a course for sustainable human and capital development, is our collective responsibility. Hence, we seek to build the Nigeria we heard stories of as kids and above all to protect the true queens and kings of this great nation; our children yet unborn.

Our Creed

We did no wrong but we're here to do it right.
I give my voice against all vices.
I am the first line of credibility.
For the defence of justice and equity"
I am a Voice of the Nigerian Youths
We're here to be heard!

Join the Train Today! Official Nairaland thread here>> Youths Occupy Nigeria 2016

Other platforms in my signature.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by Tsongz(f): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
Make thunder fire them like that now people go dey blaim God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by massinola(m): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
k
Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by MarysMeal: 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
What nonsense!
Why are these people barbaric and heartless.
You don't try this to them. Muslims should learn to live in peace with others.

What then is the meaning of religion of peace when its followers are not peaceful with other faith?

Where are the ulamas? Why can't they call their people to order?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by johnson4nosa(m): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by anytexy: 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
Sai Baba

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by Lero15(m): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
There's something these Northern guys are not clear about. It's not just Fridays, it's everyday!!!

Every morning, I hear 3 different mosques calling for prayers so so loud!

Just one woman on a particular morning was killed for an "offence" they commit everyday.

South West Muslims are civilized and tolerant. I guess it's more about the tribe. A typical Hausa man is violent. So combining a religion that "encourages" (still expecting a good Muslim scholar to prove me wrong) violence on "infidels" with their savage nature is terrific.

God help us.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by anytexy: 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
Sai Baba!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by Sydney22: 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
Speechless

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by dionpholly(m): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
End time tinz, I don't blif may be they only use it as an excuse they might have another tinz in mind..
Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
goldeno10boy:
what nonsence is this

do you write or reason with your anus angry hian.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by gen2briz(m): 9:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
Haa
Re: Catholic Church Baki Iku Destroyed By Muslim Youths For Worshipping On Friday by MarysMeal: 9:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
originalmachine:
...zombie spotted

Shut up.

Instead of you to counter him you are shouting zombie in order to get likes and shares from your fellow minions....mtcwww

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? / "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM / Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.