Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,194 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter (76132 Views)

I Strongly Condemn The Killing Of Unarmed IPOB Members- Ben Murray-bruce / Buhari: I’m Happy Nigerians Can Buy Cheap Rice In This Recesssion / A New Revelation On The Bravery Of Brig. Ademulegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Igboic: 10:29am On Jul 17, 2016
logica:
Yes, but this was the FIRST ever coup in Nigeria which shaped ALL other events. Every other coup you can mention happened as a result of this misadventure by these rascals. That's the difference. The mess you are seeing in Nigeria today traces back to that night of January 1966. Also, honorable men do not kill pregnant women (especially in front of their daughter).

No! The very first coup was the civilian coup hatched by Awo led AG to topple Tafawa Balewa's government, that very act of treason and insubordination driven by Awo's lust for power, set the precedence for future coup planners in Nigeria, it also inspired Nzeogwu and co.

Remember that the plan of Nzeogwu and co was to install Awo as the numero uno.

I'd say that Awo greed for power and lust for lucre, first of all set the Western region on fire, and inspired the first military coup in Nigeria.

Awo is to be blamed. cool He( Awo) and by extension Yorubas are the genesis of everything wrong with Nigeria, Sanusi was right.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Igboic: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Ademulegun killed by an IBO man, his statue stands in Ondo City roundabout,Fajuyi died protecting an IBO man,yet they call us cowards and traitors.
Time will tell

Another trash from Yoruba propaganda archives.

Not only was Fajuiyi in full support of Nzeogwu actions and the coup, he persistently shielded them from being punished by Ironsi by pleading on their behalf, when the coup failed .

He was top of the death list of the Northern military junta who he obstructed from getting justice they demanded by shielding "the boys".

He didn't die protecting anybody, he died for his role in the coup. The story of Fajuyi dying to protect Ironsi was made up by the Yoruba propaganda media, who needed to paint the picture of the coup as an "Igbo coup", but couldn't sell such, if they remained true to Fajuyi's role in the whole debacle. cool

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 17, 2016
Igboic:

Another trash from Yoruba propaganda archives.

Not only was Fajuiyi in full support of Nzeogwu actions and the coup, he persistently shielded them from being punished by Ironsi by pleading on their behalf, when the coup failed .

He was top of the death list of the Northern military junta who he obstructed from getting justice they demanded by shielding "the boys".

He didn't die protecting anybody, he died for his role in the coup. The story of Fajuyi dying to protect Ironsi was made up by the Yoruba propaganda media, who needed to paint the picture of the coup as an "Igbo coup", but couldn't sell such, if they remained true to Fajuyi's role in the whole debacle. cool
shut your dirty crab if you know nothing about nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Igboic: 11:04am On Jul 17, 2016
wizzakosh:
shut your dirty crab if you know nothing about nigeria.

Nkea esikwa ebee?

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by sunnyeinstein(m): 11:36am On Jul 17, 2016
meforyou1:
was asking the guy that claimed that Zik was aware of the coup that's why he went on vacation.

And who told you Zik wasnt aware of a possible coup. Mind you, before the Ifeajuna-Nzeogwu coup, there was already a coup idea sold to the Zik but he quelled it in the view that the it was unhealthy for a new democracy. But by the 65-66, Zik was disillusioned already becos he wasnt the one making the major decisions of Nigeria and his alliance with the north that effectively removed his "friend" awolowo from the centre had been smartly cornered by the northerners whom the british trusted. Kindly go and find and read the letter he sent to Ironsi while on "vacation" after learning of the coup and thinking it was a total success, then you'd realise that zik knows more than the official Nigerian accounts of the coup tells us.

5 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by sunnyeinstein(m): 11:42am On Jul 17, 2016
kayo80:

Thank u o! But the ipob people keep saying awolowo killed them with starvation. I just wonder... why would u want the person u are fighting to keep supplying you food while your bombing his land. That doesn't make sense at all.

Dont mind dem. Ojukwu was not just bombing Nigeria, he was raping and carrying out massacre as they moved inwards towards the west and the igbo elites saw nothing bad in it (achebe included)! So how could such a brutal person and race claim victim when they started it (achebe would later paint a picture of igbo massacre in his book while going silent and kind on the atrocities of b1afraud soldiers!).

3 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by babadee1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2016
babsnuel:
dude calm down..I am Yoruba but one of the major coup plotters was Adekunle Fajuyi..a Yoruba man and d minister of finance den was also an Igbo man

Pls correct yourself, you mean Adewale Ademoyega. Adekunle Fajuyi was killed in the counter coup while protecting his boss the head of state at the time Aguiyi Ironsi.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2016
LucifersTongue:

What book was this piece culled from?
I found it from posts on here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3177965/mythbuster-version-coup-jan-15th
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by babsnuel(m): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
babadee1:

Pls correct yourself, you mean Adewale Ademoyega. Adekunle Fajuyi was killed in the counter coup while protecting his boss the head of state at the time Aguiyi Ironsi.
yea sorry made a mistake

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
Aigbofa:

Irony of life.

More here (Okafor and Ifeajuna betraying Maimalari):
https://www.nairaland.com/3177965/mythbuster-version-coup-jan-15th/1

Okafor like other officers joined the Revolution because he wanted to free Nigeria from the corruption and indiscipline of politicians. But four weeks earlier, the Army Legal Officer, Chief Arthur Worrey found Okafor guilty of stealing his subordinates’ funds. The Federal Guards held a monthly raffle draw and social nights (Wassa). The proceeds from ticket sales and lucky dips were recorded in Army Book 64 and saved in the PRI (President of Regimental Institute) account. For months, false figures were recorded as Okafor was stealing this money and giving a fraction as hush money to the treasurer Corporal Magaji Birnin Kebbi, a NCO in his fifties. Unknown to Okafor, Magaji was recording actual figures in his private file. Later Magaji interceded on behalf of a friend and colleague Private Mamman Sokoto at the Motor Transport Section of the Federal Guards who had been overlooked for promotion for four years. Okafor did not honour his pledge to promote the man when the list of the promoted was published. When Magaji went back to Okafor in his office in November 1965, Okafor ordered him to be locked up as he a Major and the OC of the elite Federal Guards did not feel he was answerable to a mere corporal in matters of promotion. Magaji then spilled the secrets. Eventually Okafor was found guilty of stealing his soldiers’ funds. Lieutenant Tarfa who was one of Okafor’s junior officers at the Federal Guards served as Magaji’s interpreter before the panel of inquiry. For Magaji was an old illiterate soldier. Tarfa later wrote in his account that, Okafor was afraid of being severely punished that he appealed to Brigadier Maimalari to help. But then they never knew then that the main reason he was scared of punishment was that he would have been suspended and relieved of his command of the Federal Guards. That would have deprived him of both participating and making the resources of the Federal Guards available to their Revolution.

Maimalari, a Northerner intervened and cut tapes that let Okafor, an Easterner, off the hook. But Okafor had lost the total respect of most soldiers in the barracks for his action towards the elderly illiterate Northern corporal and for stealing their money. Had Maimalari allowed army procedures to properly take its due course, had he not allowed “kindness” to get in the way, that night of nights, he would not had been in a position where he had to be scaling his own high fence, hiding in shrubs, fleeing from the man whom he thought he had saved from punishment. Well, 90 minutes later, it was his own world famous brigade chief of staff, Ifeajuna, who had organised a befitting cocktail at his residence that eventually pulled the trigger, took his heartbeat and finally put him to rest.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
Igboic:

I should remember? According to who? If you are slightly above the level of mental retardation, you should wonder why a coup that was planned to make Awo the Prime Minister witnessed no action (to secure a prime target in military parlance) at the Calabar Prisons where Awo was locked up.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
So pathetic story.
So graphic.
This world is just full of mysteries and miseries!
It must have been a very tough experience for you and your family, woman.
To me, the Army could have done more, since your father paid the ultimate price for the unity of the nation.
At least, they should have made sure you had the comfort and privileges you had when your parents were alive.
Anyway, Oju mewa ko jor Oju eni.
Hmm.
I wish the whole story could be presented in a Book. So, much to learn.
May God compensate your family so much that you would forget all your sorrow.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by kingzizzy: 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
sunnyeinstein:

So how could such a brutal person and race claim victim when they started it (achebe would later paint a picture of igbo massacre in his book while going silent and kind on the atrocities of b1afraud soldiers!).

How come you people keep lying that Ojukwu started the war? Ojukwu was in the East when War came to him, so how could he have started it?
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by sunnyeinstein(m): 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
kingzizzy:

How come you people keep lying that Ojukwu started the war? Ojukwu was in the East when War came to him, so how could he have started it?

Lyk seriously bros? Abeg who declared Rep of Biafra after aburi accord? Who got home and told the press somtin diffrent from what was agreed @ aburi?

I guess it was chief enahoro! lipsrsealed undecided

2 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by BetaThings: 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
mytot90:
Happy in what sense.

READ, please I beg you
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Aquariann: 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
kingzizzy:

Wow, so while the Federal government declared full blown war against Biafra, Biafra saw it as a simple "police action"

And the Midwestern invasion was also carried out by Federal troops.

And I never knew Ore was in Biafra land then.. Nice info

Stop listening to what your parents told you and carry out your own research

2 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Igboic: 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2016
logicab:
I should remember? According to who? If you are slightly above the level of mental retardation, you should wonder why a coup that was planned to make Awo the Prime Minister witnessed no action (to secure a prime target in military parlance) at the Calabar Prisons where Awo was locked up.

Lol! Never knew they needed to scheme on how to release Awo, after the coup,when they would have become the only powers that mattered then.

Either way, Awo greed for power disrupted West and gave us operation Wetie. Awo introduced the first known case of insubordination to constituted authority in Nigeria, he planned the first coup( hostile take over) in the history of Nigeria. His preceded those of Nzeogwu and co.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Igboic: 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
Aquariann:

Wow, so while the Federal government declared full blown war against Biafra, Biafra saw it as a simple "police action"

Stop talking trash!
Bia*** never invaded Midwest as an offense, we invaded Midwest after Nigeria invaded Biafra at Gakem border in present Northern Cross River.

Yes, the Nigerian state declared full blown war against Biafra, when they invaded her borders.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by kingzizzy: 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2016
sunnyeinstein:

Lyk seriously bros? Abeg who declared Rep of Biafra after aburi accord? Who got home and told the press somtin diffrent from what was agreed @ aburi?

I guess it was chief enahoro! lipsrsealed undecided

I guess nobody told you that Gowon broke the terms of Aburi? Be that as it may, what Ojukwu declared was Biafra not war. It was Nigeria that declared was because it did not agree with Biafra. No matter how you look at it, it will always be Nigeria that declared war because it was Nigeria that came to East to fight.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by kingzizzy: 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
Aquariann:

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by kingzizzy: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
Aquariann:

You are so ignorant!
Nigeria declared War and invaded the Biafran border town of of Gakem in Ogoja on July 6th 1967 sparking off armed confrontation. The invasion of the Midwest and Ore happend "after" Nigeria invaded Biafra. Nigeria invaded Biafra and Biafra invaded Nigerianin return.
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
Igboic:

Lol! Never knew they needed to scheme on how to release Awo, after the coup,when they would have become the only powers that mattered then.
You see how foolish you are on military matters? When a plan is formed, you secure all high value persons. If they had the intention of making Awo Prime Minister, they would have secured and kept him in a safe place as a matter of priority. Reason: if the details of the plot were discovered, the priority of those countering the coup would be to capture Awolowo and that would jeopardize the entire plans of the coup. I have tried to explain, but if you still don't get it, don't bother. smiley

3 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by hundredhunndred: 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
[s]
Igboic:

No! The very first coup was the civilian coup hatched by Awo led AG to topple Tafawa Balewa's government, that very act of treason and insubordination driven by Awo's lust for power, set the precedence for future coup planners in Nigeria, it also inspired Nzeogwu and co.

I'd say that Awo greed for power and lust for lucre, first of all set the Western region on fire, and inspired the first military coup in Nigeria.

Awo is to be blamed. cool He( Awo) and by extension Yorubas are the genesis of everything wrong with Nigeria, Sanusi was right.
[/s]

The jobless pazienza is here again with his foolishness, why are you Ibhoes so shameless that you blame everyone for everything. Are you all cursed to blame others for your own misfortune? Dont you have shame Pazienza?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Igboic: 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2016
logicab:
You see how foolish you are on military matters? When a plan is formed, you secure all high value persons. If they had the intention of making Awo Prime Minister, they would have secured and kept him in a safe place as a matter of priority. Reason: if the details of the plot were discovered, the priority of those countering the coup would be to capture Awolowo and that would jeopardize the entire plans of the coup. I have tried to explain, but if you still don't get it, don't bother. smiley

Awo was already in a secured place, in the East.

You are the one not getting it. Awo's insubordination inspired the military coup. All insubordination to authority in Nigeria can be traced back to Awolowo and not Nzeogwu.

That remains a fact.

I know you didn't see that angle, when you opened this thread with intent to dump Nigerian problems on the Igbo? Well, like they say, look before you reap.

Awo and by extension Yorubas remain the genesis of political unrest and insubordination in Nigeria. They destroyed our democracy and replaced it with disarray, truly the problem of Nigeria, like Sanusi surmised.

Every Yoruba man dead or alive most make Peace with the above reality and stop dragging Ndiigbo into their mess to cover their sins.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 4:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
Igboic:

Awo was already in a secured place, in the East.
Aha. I see.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by BetaThings: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
Igboic:

Awo and by extension Yorubas remain the genesis of political unrest and insubordination in Nigeria. They destroyed our democracy and replaced it with disarray, truly the problem of Nigeria,
And does this include Awo's political enemies among the Yorubas?
For instance like Fayose is to Tinubu today

Igboic:

like Sanusi surmised.

So you agree with Sanusi. Happy to know that

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Malawian(m): 5:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
Yorubas are seriously beating their meat here only because a girl went from eating corn flakes to drinking the pap every other average Nigerians drank, abi? That this cornflakes drinking fella tells us a sobbing story to humanize her dad does not preclude him from being the bad corrupt egg that needed to be crushed. Ejoor o. Igbo warriors can get involved in the mudslinging going on here.

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by hundredhunndred: 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
[s]
Malawian:
Yorubas are seriously beating their meat here only because a girl went from eating corn flakes to drinking the pap every other average Nigerians drank, abi? That this cornflakes drinking fella tells us a sobbing story to humanize her dad does not preclude him from being the bad corrupt egg that needed to be crushed. Ejoor o. Igbo warriors can get involved in the mudslinging going on here.
[/s]

Cafe attendant sef dey talk. Lmaoook

2 Likes

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Malawian(m): 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2016
hundredhunndred:
[s][/s]

Cafe attendant sef dey talk. Lmaoook
When tinubu go drop chop money again nah? U for take style dey hail dino melaye, cos if him give mama menopause belle, you go go chop naming ceremony food.abeg go boudillion now make u help melaye open door to mama menopause bedroom. Ode

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Ngozi123(f): 7:00pm On Jul 17, 2016
logica:
Yes, but this was the FIRST ever coup in Nigeria which shaped ALL other events. Every other coup you can mention happened as a result of this misadventure by these rascals. That's the difference. The mess you are seeing in Nigeria today traces back to that night of January 1966. Also, honorable men do not kill pregnant women (especially in front of their daughter).

The mess that we're seeing in Nigeria today traces back to colonialism and our so called 'independence' from British rule. Nigeria has never been a democracy and the fact that you think that everything we're seeing today is as a result of that coup shows that the elites have really distorted our history. The coup was inevitable; ask yourself why it was inevitable in order to get to the real reason for the mess in this country...
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by Miriam20(f): 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
omooba969:

Hello gorgeous! smiley
Hi handsome
Re: I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter by logicab: 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
Ngozi123:

The mess that we're seeing in Nigeria today traces back to colonialism and our so called 'independence' from British rule. Nigeria has never been a democracy and the fact that you think that everything we're seeing today is as a result of that coup shows that the elites have really distorted our history. The coup was inevitable; ask yourself why it was inevitable in order to get to the real reason for the mess in this country...
Inevitable? I agree. Some people were definitely going to get greedy and make a power grab at the center. The fact that the power grab backfired is another matter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

INEC Declares Obaseki Winner Of Edo Governorship Election 2020 / These Are The People Escorting El-zakzaky To India Today / Seun Fakorede To Marry Sylvia Chioma Nwosu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.