Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him (3905 Views)

Be Careful!!!! Adquet.com Is A Scam / How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. / Is Web4africa.ng Or .net A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by adekennis(m): 5:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
Dear Nairalander,this is just to inform whoever that may intend to deal with this guy called Hilary,he goes by hilarywens05 and PulseWeb on Nairaland..His facebook name is Hilary Brain Iwenofu

https://www.facebook.com/hilary.b.iwenofu?fref=ts

He's a fraud and not a honest person.

I posted on nairaland sometimes ago that i needed service of a web designer on this tread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3180696/need-service-good-web-designer

He contacted me on watsapp and we get talking and agreed on the amount (30k) for him to design a website for me. A lots of people contacted for the offer and after going through the list of sites he sent me.I picked interest in him and i decided to give him the job...We agreed to meet and he came over,he demanded i give him 10k as an upfront payment that balance should be paid after he deliver the job..I gave him the 10k and also 500 naira as his transport fare and also drop this ingrate half way very close to where he stays.

Since the day i gave him the money,he has never for once call me to give me update on the website...I have called him several times but he kept telling me stories ,he said he's done that he just need to upload it last week,its over 2 weeks that i gave him the money,now he has stop picking my calls and he never reply my messages on whatapp anymore

I did search on him with his mobile number and i was able to get his nairaland profile and facebook...I thought he was a honest person and i gave him the money base on the trust i have for him.

This is just to inform others that may want to do business with him to be careful..He's a very dishonest person and I'm going to post this on his facebook also for people to know the kind of person he is..I'm not pained about the money cos the 10k is nothing to me but just to let you know that some guys on this forum are not honest and should never have anything doing with them.

Attached is the screen chat of our conversation on whataspp so you guys can see that I'm not accusing him wrongly.

Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by adekennis(m): 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
More chats

Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by adekennis(m): 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
This is him

Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by mokoshalb(m): 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
scammers everywhere...
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by updatemachine: 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
pulseweb where are thou, OP I have a very reliable developer, he receives money after giving you the job done... if you may need his service...

scammers all over..

#smh...
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by Puresolutions: 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
The same thing with me too couple of weeks back.

It's now 6weeks the web designer refused to say anything.I'm been forced to pay the owner his 20k back becuase i had too many jobs when his came,the client threatened me with police and i was made to pay from my wallets.

May God help our generation
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by mokoshalb(m): 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
Puresolutions:

It's now 6weeks the web designer refused to say anything.I'm been forced to pay the owner his 20k back becuase i had too many jobs when his came,the client threatened me with police and i was made to pay from my wallets.

PM me when you have such...
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by Puresolutions: 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2016
mokoshalb:
PM me when you have such...

Okay i would

Scammers everywhere God help us
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by Puresolutions: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
updatemachine:
pulseweb where are thou, OP I have a very reliable developer, he receives money after giving you the job done... if you may need his service...

scammers all over..

#smh...

@updatemachine relating to the post you made i just sent a pm kindly respond dear !
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by updatemachine: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
Puresolutions:

@updatemachine relating to the post you made i just sent a pm kindly respond dear !
he already quoted you above... mokoshalb
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by Puresolutions: 7:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
Ok good to see.

I'll be in touch then

Thanks
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by mokoshalb(m): 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
updatemachine:
he already quoted you above... mokoshalb
cool cool
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by adekennis(m): 8:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
updatemachine:

scammers all over..

#smh...

Thanks updatemachine ,I'm interested and would like you to introduce the person to me..Where does the person stay?
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by WalkerMichael(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
Thanks for the exposure. Now on blacklist
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by updatemachine: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
adekennis:

Thanks updatemachine ,I'm interested and would like you to introduce the person to me..Where does the person stay?
dont know his location though but this his no 08060505755
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by Okwori12(m): 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2016
Is really a sad thing to hear this. but the Hillary you talk about has done some great job for me. I believe he Will get back to you. don't be in a hurry to call him a scammer.
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by updatemachine: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
Okwori12:
Is really a sad thing to hear this. but the Hillary you talk about has done some great job for me. I believe he Will get back to you. don't be in a hurry to call him a scammer.
Proof..?
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by adekennis(m): 11:39am On Jul 17, 2016
updatemachine:
Proof..?

Don't mind him...na dem dem...

Pls kindly help me inform the said person before I call him..Thanks
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by updatemachine: 12:29pm On Jul 17, 2016
adekennis:

Ok...
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by velo10: 12:29pm On Jul 17, 2016
Puresolutions:

Wow. My condolences. I remember sending you an email on my charges but you never responded. You can still contact me. Website up within a week. A sure guarantee
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by velo10: 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
adekennis:

Hi, Adekennis sorry about your experience. If you still have your hosting, I can get the job done within 7 days max. Kindly call 0812 3770 608 or send an email to my signature.
Oh yes. I am scam free. Run a registered company and cant afford to drag it to mud.
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by Puresolutions: 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
velo10:

Wow. My condolences. I remember sending you an email on my charges but you never responded. You can still contact me. Website up within a week. A sure guarantee

I had probs with the figures you quoted.I didnt mention my name how come did u assume it was me os u assumed ryt
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by Puresolutions: 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2016
velo10:

I had probs with the figures you quoted.I didnt mention my name how come did u assume it was me os u assumed ryt..
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by velo10: 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2016
Puresolutions:

I had probs with the figures you quoted.I didnt mention my name how come did u assume it was me os u assumed ryt..

You posted as puresolutions. I remember that message. We could have negotiated for a balance. Anyways its all good. You got my email.
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by Puresolutions: 1:22pm On Jul 17, 2016
velo10:

You posted as puresolutions. I remember that message. We could have negotiated for a balance. Anyways its all good. You got my email.

It's difficult doing 250k mails blasting manually and settle for those figures

By the way have this been happening to you? I've been getting offers from clients to have their site designed but dont get to hear from them.Is this how it is,we start discussing well then they say we'll contact u let's get urselves ready then i dnt hear jack anymore.Is this how the biz is ?
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by velo10: 2:02pm On Jul 17, 2016
Puresolutions:

It's difficult doing 250k mails blasting manually and settle for those figures

By the way have this been happening to you? I've been getting offers from clients to have their site designed but dont get to hear from them.Is this how it is,we start discussing well then they say we'll contact u let's get urselves ready then i dnt hear jack anymore.Is this how the biz is ?

I think you need to recheck the email sent by the address on my signature. It wasn't exorbitant at all.

As for the issue. Its a normal thing in all businesses online. Not just web development, i sell some products online and customers act that way too. Out of 15 customers, only 1 might be serious. We just have to be consistent and follow up, despite all.
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by Puresolutions: 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2016
velo10:

I think you need to recheck the email sent by the address on my signature. It wasn't exorbitant at all.

As for the issue. Its a normal thing in all businesses online. Not just web development, i sell some products online and customers act that way too. Out of 15 customers, only 1 might be serious. We just have to be consistent and follow up, despite all.

Okay will check and if i get stuv will hook up wif yu.I was feeling bad yeeterday just about 21 closed deals out of over 75 interested clientele

1 Like

Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by Okwori12(m): 8:15am On Jul 18, 2016
updatemachine:
Proof..?
bafsm.com cbnsms.com
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by hostkobo(m): 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
HK to the rescue for all your professional web-services.

my contact details are in my signature.

regards
HK
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by databoy247(m): 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
adekennis:
Dear Nairalander,this is just to inform whoever that may intend to deal with this guy called Hilary,he goes by hilarywens05 and PulseWeb on Nairaland..His facebook name is Hilary Brain Iwenofu

https://www.facebook.com/hilary.b.iwenofu?fref=ts

He's a fraud and not a honest person.

@OP, I usually do not comment on threads like this but I just couldn't hold back on this. You made some mistakes.

1. You need a professional website that should represent you and your business to the whole country and the world at large, then you need an experienced developer. And an experienced developer who understands what it takes ain't cheap. The reason I say this is because there are a lot of things involved in setting up the kind of website you need. Like getting the website to attract and retain a database of potential clients, for this you need an effective email subscription program installed in it, you also need a livechat, you need notification systems, etc. And lastly, you need someone who can expertly set up a Google adwords campaign to run for at least one month (before your card is billed). After all these you should be able to analyze your website traction after 30days.

A web developer should let you know this process and give you a possible statistical projection of your website success after a period of time. It's not just building a website, but building a website that actually increases your profitability. But am afraid such developers aren't cheap. Personally my charge rate would be nothing less than N100k. There are good agencies like ckdigital.net, Greenmouse (also a NL member), etc. All these guys won't collect anything less than N200k. BUT they know how to get the job done.

2. Your second mistake was after chatting with him on Whatsapp, you hurriedly concluded he is your man especially with the fact that he is close to you in Lagos so your money is safe from online "scammers". From the chat you had with him, I guess you did not observe his erroneous English language. If I where you I won't do business with someone who can't write good English (How is he supposed to create content for your website?). Don't let a list of past jobs fool you. Personally I detest giving links to my past job. From our discussion, you should be able to deduce if I know how to do the job or not. If you want links, anybody can give you links.

So, be ready to spend good money to actually get what you want. It's like setting up a new business. If buying equipment and renting a shop, maybe plus goods can cost you between 500k - 1 million, why on earth do you think carrying that same business online should cost just 30k??
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by VocalWalls: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
So this guy who has been bugging me to host with him is not legit?

Thanks God I didn't follow emotions. I dodge am.
Re: Pulseweb / Hilarywens05 Is A Scam. Dont Deal With Him by adekennis(m): 5:32am On Jul 22, 2016
VocalWalls:
So this guy who has been bugging me to host with him is not legit?

Thanks God I didn't follow emotions. I dodge am.

Pls don't deal with him,he's a scam

lalasticlala , mynd44 slyr0X , adewasco2K Pls help me put this to home page to expose this guy...If you guys fail to this ,then it shows you guys are encouraging them and harbouring criminals on this forum which is not good for image of this wonderful forum.Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Basic Requirements For Making $10 And $100 Daily From Adsense / How To Remove "Powered By Blogger" Attribution From Blogger Mobile Template / Naij Mail Service To End On 1st Jan 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.