Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Militants Invade Iba Town - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Militants Invade Iba Town (2339 Views)

Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants / Militants Invade Elepete, Igbo-Olomu In Ikorodu, 50 Killed - Africanspotlight / The Cloth Thief Caught In Iba Estate, My Area Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Invade Iba Town by mascotblaze(m): 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
It is a night of horror here in Iba town as militants invaded Iba at about 8:49pm or thereabout through the water ways and escaped throught the same route shooting sporadically and killing at sight. It is reported that they had taken the King and shot one of the wives but was rushed to the hospital. A Palace security man has been killed, an okada man, an elderly woman, a coaster driver have been confirmed dead. Others been rushed to the hospital for treatment. Will keep updating this as I get more info.
N.B: if you have anyone around there kindly confirm their safety. Parents who have children in and around (Lagos State University) LASU, Should call to confirm the safety of their children

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by Wizzyblack3(m): 11:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
Heard their king was kidnapped
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by mascotblaze(m): 11:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yea... The King have been kidnapped
Wizzyblack3:
Heard their king was kidnapped
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by oniru4real: 11:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
Tht is d security man

Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by santos2020: 11:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
Why now. IBA town, the coolest city of lagos,MAY GOD SAVE OUR DEAR OBA ONIBA of IBA town amen,no wonder as i was comming back from church everywere was dry up,all shops closed,all street gates closed,no okada,no keke,hmm,na wao. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by grandeoj09(m): 11:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
it not yet confirm that the gunmen were militant .
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by mascotblaze(m): 11:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
It has been confirmed.... Who comes through the waterways. Speed boats? As well as recent events around the area... Militants troubling Imoshe already some weeks now
grandeoj09:
it not yet confirm that the gunmen were militant .
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by GEJisBOKO: 11:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
It is true. Ijaw Militants have kidnapped the oba of iba
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by Trapnigga(m): 11:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
My area oo, Oba don go
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by mascotblaze(m): 11:48pm On Jul 16, 2016
No be small matter... The gun shots no be play play o.
GEJisBOKO:
It is true. Ijaw Militants have kidnapped the oba of iba
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by mascotblaze(m): 11:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
Where u dey stay gan gan?
Trapnigga:
My area oo, Oba don go
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by GEJisBOKO: 11:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
mascotblaze:
No be small matter... The gun shots no be play play o.
Those Ijaw militants were armed and given pipeline protection contract by former president jonathan, but since buhari revoked the contract, the ijaw militants have been causing mayhem all over Lagos and Ogun state with their acquired ammunition
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by mascotblaze(m): 12:02am On Jul 17, 2016
I can tell you.... It was 'mini-war'. The king's palace is just a stone throw to my house and I heard the shots 'firsthand'. You know when someone just come in through the waterways and trek for like 10 minutes to the kings palace, without anyone suspecting anything and open fire at the king's palace to gain entry, seize the king and journey back to the waterways on foot through the same channel taking with them the king. This isn't a child's play
GEJisBOKO:
Those Ijaw militants were armed and given pipeline protection contract by former president jonathan, but since buhari revoked the contract, the ijaw militants have been causing mayhem all over Lagos and Ogun state with their acquired ammunition
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by Trapnigga(m): 12:03am On Jul 17, 2016
mascotblaze:
Where u dey stay gan gan?
Iba Estate
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by mascotblaze(m): 12:04am On Jul 17, 2016
Oh!!! Na inside Iba me dey stay o. Close to the palace sef...
Trapnigga:
Iba Estate
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by GEJisBOKO: 12:06am On Jul 17, 2016
mascotblaze:
I can tell you.... It was 'mini-war'. The king's palace is just a stone throw to my house and I heard the shots 'firsthand'. You know when someone just come in through the waterways and trek for like 10 minutes to the kings palace, without anyone suspecting anything and open fire at the king's palace to gain entry, seize the king and journey back to the waterways on foot through the same channel taking with them the king. This isn't a child's play
Na wa o. The people of Ikorodu and some areas in Ogun state have also been victims of the onslaught of these ijaw militants. Awon people yen ti wole si wa lara tan. We need to defend our land o.
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by grandeoj09(m): 12:09am On Jul 17, 2016
mascotblaze:
It has been confirmed.... Who comes through the waterways. Speed boats? As well as recent events around the area... Militants troubling Imoshe already some weeks now
confirm by who ? Thou Imoshe is been disturbed recently , i don't think there's possible link with Imoshe community and Iba. Get the fact before you confuse people with your fake news.
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by mascotblaze(m): 12:11am On Jul 17, 2016
GEJisBOKO:
Na wa o. The people of Ikorodu and some areas in Ogun state have also been victims of the onslaught of these ijaw militants. Awon people yen ti wole si wa lara tan. We need to defend our land o.
mehn! Won ti get wa gidi gan. The timing was too perfect. The only way out is if the state government-Lagos and Ogun combined can help us protect our waterways with more security operatives. Just my thoughts
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by IrradiatoR: 12:13am On Jul 17, 2016
is there no police station around?

well, with the narrations above, this could only be repelled by well armed security men
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by mascotblaze(m): 12:16am On Jul 17, 2016
What is this one saying? Where do you stay? I just left the palace for my home now. I don't need to convince anyone to believe its the militant. Na cultist wan kidnap Oba? Abi na hired Assassins? Trek down to Iba and confirm
grandeoj09:

confirm by who ? Thou Imoshe is been disturbed recently , i don't think there's possible link with Imoshe community and Iba. Get the fact before you confuse people with your fake news.
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by mascotblaze(m): 12:18am On Jul 17, 2016
There is a police station close by but you know how we roll here in naija.... They came in late (20 mins after)
IrradiatoR:
is there no police station around?

well, with the narrations above, this could only be repelled by well armed security men

2 Likes

Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by grandeoj09(m): 12:19am On Jul 17, 2016
mascotblaze:
What is this one saying? Where do you stay? I just left the palace for my home now. I don't need to convince anyone to believe its the militant. Na cultist wan kidnap Oba? Abi na hired Assassins? Trek down to Iba and confirm

i live closer to the palace too , don't let conclude they were millant before security operative confirmed it , shey you be police or investigative journalist?

1 Like

Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by mascotblaze(m): 12:23am On Jul 17, 2016
Well.... I graduated as a journalist but dats not the basis of d discourse. I get what you trying to say. It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind. Make I leave matter for Mathias sha.... Security operatives, over to you.
grandeoj09:

i live closer to the palace too , don't let conclude they were millant before security operative confirmed it , shey you be police or investigative journalist?
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by Trapnigga(m): 1:07am On Jul 17, 2016
mascotblaze:
Oh!!! Na inside Iba me dey stay o. Close to the palace sef...
I dey fear that place sha
Re: Militants Invade Iba Town by TPAND(f): 4:12am On Jul 17, 2016
Militants are also in Lagos. That means we is have southwestern militant group.

Obliviously these ones are not from the Niger Delta

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

50-year-old Man Raped A 7-month-old Baby Girl. / Anglican Bishop Caught In Bed With A Priest's Wife / Help!!! My Sister Is Missing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.