Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? (1298 Views)

Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? / Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? / Which University Is The Most Beautiful In Nigeria? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by Stephaustin(m): 3:00am On Jul 17, 2016
As there are many misleading information about university education in Nigeria, I resort to using this medium to humbly but earnestly seek the opinions/guidance/responses of Nigerian graduates especially Nigeria-trained medical practitioners about the following: 1. Does any federal university in Nigeria accept OND(say, Distinction) in Science Laboratory Technology for direct entry into medicine? If yes, please name it. 2. Which federal university is the best or which federal universities, with reason(s) are the best for the study of medicine in Nigeria? Kindly list them in the descending order of this criterion 3. Is there any legal and meaningful source of income during the study? If yes, name it(them). THANKS A MILLION TIMES FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED RESPONSES. REMAIN FOREVER BLESSED. Finally, please pardon and kindly correct any grammatical error or disorderliness in typing, as I used a phone with faulty screen for this exercise. Thanks for your anticipated understanding.
Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by Lordmykel(m): 3:13am On Jul 17, 2016
UNILORIN
Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by Stephaustin(m): 8:45am On Jul 17, 2016
Lordmykel:
UNILORIN
Tnks a million times. But, is ur ans with respect to the 1st or 2nd question? Also, what is ur reason for saying Unilorin? Tnks 4 ur anticipated reply
Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by tolaxin(m): 9:04am On Jul 17, 2016
University of Ibadan is the best to study MBBS in Nigeria. But they accept neither OND nor HND for DE. They rather accept BSc in physiology, anatomy, biochemistry or physiotherapy.
Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by ThrillmeatRep(f): 10:12am On Jul 17, 2016
Lordmykel:
UNILORIN

U Don see admission?
If any university offer u medicine. Grab am! Improve urself later

1 Like

Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by nobsalis: 10:19am On Jul 17, 2016
University of Maiduguri.....: its d best of d best and pls don't ask me why
Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by jaid23: 1:34pm On Jul 17, 2016
NONE - No Uni in Nigeria(dnt knw of priv unis though) accepts ND SLT as a pre-requisite to study Medcine even if ur cgpa is 5.1/5.0

As for Uni to study MBBS I'll say UI. wink
Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by Stephaustin(m): 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
tolaxin:
University of Ibadan is the best to study MBBS in Nigeria. But they accept neither OND nor HND for DE. They rather accept BSc in physiology, anatomy, biochemistry or physiotherapy.
OK. Thanks for your invaluable guide.
Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by Stephaustin(m): 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
ThrillmeatRep:

U Don see admission?
If any university offer u medicine. Grab am! Improve urself later
Ok. Thanks, I honestly appreciate your advice
Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by Stephaustin(m): 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
jaid23:
NONE - No Uni in Nigeria(dnt knw of priv unis though) accepts ND SLT as a pre-requisite to study Medcine even if ur cgpa is 5.1/5.0

As for Uni to study MBBS I'll say UI. wink
Thanks a million times for this information.
Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by Stephaustin(m): 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
nobsalis:
University of Maiduguri.....:
its d best of d best and pls don't ask me why
Honestly speaking, thank you. But, are you a medical student/doctor?
Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by Abraham4christ(m): 12:02am On Jul 18, 2016
tolaxin:
Do the accept jupeb result for medicine cus i put unn and ui
Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 18, 2016
Why don't you apply for direct entry to do medical lab science. That's where the money is after all.
Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by ugonna1054(m): 4:09am On Jul 18, 2016
Nigerian schs are fuĆ¹cked up
Re: Please(with Reason/s) Which University Is The Best To Study Medicine In Nigeria? by nelszx: 11:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
tensazangetsu:
Why don't you apply for direct entry to do medical lab science. That's where the money is after all.

Medical lab science doesn't accept OND/HND as DE no matter the cgpa. Except for graduates of BMS and natural sciences (B.Sc).

In fact to be truthful, if you want to study medicine or anything medical the OPs best bet is to sit for jamb again cos the OND will only land you in Microbiology.

(1) (Reply)

FEC Approves The Scrapping Of HND Certificate / Top 10 Ways To Make Money As A Nigerian Student / Delta State University Increases Acceptance Fee To 81000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.