Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,600 members, 7,801,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) (56741 Views)

Deaf Man Builds Locally Made Tipper Truck In Anambra (Photos) / Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) / Mubarak Abdullahi Builds Helicopters In His House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by mpowa(m): 5:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Before you go let me tell you what Nigerians are only good in

1 Speaking grammar
2 Copying others to impress
3 Consuming

The enlightened people you wrote about, fall under 1 and 2.

We lack smart people in this country.

What we need is "smartness"

We need people who study how their environment works before creating anything. We live in a real world not a make-believe one.

At this point, Africa needs smart brains to make things work here not "lets just copy first" people with no direction.

cheers
I'm waiting for your own "Original" production, when it's out tell us so that we'll know you're not among the mere grammar speakers you're talking about.
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
mpowa:

I'm waiting for your own "Original" production, when itsit's out tell us so that we'll know you're not among the mere grammar speakers you're talking about.

You are a man remember. The head and leader. Should i be creating while you sit on your weight? hell no.

grin
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by proffemi: 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Before you go let me tell you what Nigerians are only good in

1 Speaking grammar
2 Copying others to impress
3 Consuming

The enlightened people you wrote about, fall under 1 and 2.

We lack smart people in this country.

What we need is "smartness"

We need people who study how their environment works before creating anything. We live in a real world not a make-believe one.

At this point, Africa needs smart brains to make things work here not "lets just copy first" people with no direction.

cheers

Hmm. Having taught in a university for a while, and having met the very best students in Nigeria and in America, trust me when I say you are completely wrong. Have a little more faith in your country, and use Google a little more.
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by akindele487(m): 6:00pm On Jul 17, 2016
Nice one guy, not like that Babatunde Ishola Folorunsho
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by mpowa(m): 6:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
Stupedinluv:

You are a man remember. The head and leader. Should i be creating while you sit on your weight? hell no.

grin
Ah! You they run now, he don become man and woman issue, yea that's very convenient, naija style!

1 Like

Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
Dclique:
Wow, this guy is GIFTED.

OAU and its Alumni's, making Nigeria Proud since 19.. , Forever!
we never see anything from convenant university and they are paying millions
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
proffemi:

Hmm. Having taught in a university for a while, and having met the very best students in Nigeria and in America, trust me when I say you are completely wrong. Have a little more faith in your country, and use Google a little more.

Sigh. Those "very best students" have always existed since pre- independence, yet there is no enough evidence to prove they are even good.

What criteria do you use in knowing good students? Those who read other people's theories or those who attend to details? Sigh, and they are not smart enough to apply their "intelligence" here?

cheers
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2016
mpowa:

Ah! You they run now, he don become man and woman issue, yea that's very convenient, naija style!
That's how it has been from old.
Wont it look abnormal if women are the major innovators?
We dont want you feeling ashamed, so do the needful. cheesy
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by proffemi: 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Sigh. Those "very best students" have always existed since pre- independence, yet there is no enough evidence to prove they are even good.
What criteria do you use in knowing good students? Those who read other people's theories or those who attend to details? Sigh, and they are not smart enough to apply their "intelligence" here? cheers

I think my job work here is done. All the best.
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
proffemi:

I think my job here is done. All the best.
grin
Yes your job is done. grin
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by mpowa(m): 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2016
Stupedinluv:
That's how it has been from old.
We dont want you feeling ashamed, so do the needful. cheesy

Oh! I thought you guys said what men can do, women can do better, do you only believe in that cliché when it's convenient?

And there's nothing for men to be ashamed of, most inventions are done by men, we would like to welcome a woman's invention for a change, I mean, a woman who can produce "Original" designscheesy
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Donmichaelz(m): 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
Some LoOooosers will say OAU blah blah blah,as if OAU gave him d talent ,I finished from OAU and d only robot I could make move was d one in my pant ...d guy is a pure genius who OAU EPP ...mstwwweeweeeee
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by christianboy007: 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2016
ebosie11:
Ishola Babatunde Isaac is an Inventor, Roboticist, Researcher, Electrical Engineer, and Software developer. He obtained a BSc. Electronic and Electrical Engineer (First Class Honor) from Obafemi Awolowo University where as a student; he was part of the OAU iLab team – research collaboration between Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OAU developing remote online laboratories that serves a good substitute to the conventional laboratories.

He developed a system that allows students to control real laboratory equipment over the internet. The remote labs are a great substitute for experimentation in Nigerian university given the chronic underfunding of higher institutions of learning, we get to see about 10 students clustered around a piece of lab equipment. With the remote labs, this problem is eliminated as only one equipment is needed regardless the number of students as students only get to access the lab remotely (over the internet) but without the time and space restriction associated with the conventional labs. Babatunde has developed several remote and virtual laboratories currently being used by students of OAU, contributed software suite to ease development for the iLab development team and has trained several students and staffs of OAU, UI and Bells University.

As an emerging Roboticist, his research interest lies in the area of Robotic. You will probably never find a better robotics enthusiast in Nigeria though most of his works are independent robotics research. Leveraging on the Massive Open Online Course, he has learnt the basics of robotics systems since courses are not been offered on this subject in Nigeria Universities. He has since been part of a number of robot projects. These include a locally fabricated Humanoid (looks and walks like humans) robot; Autonomous rover (vehicle that drives itself using camera as input and Artificial Intelligence); Robotic Arm used in an automated remote laboratory for a civil engineering experiment. Robotics is a highly theoretical field and so he bridges the gap by taking advantage of the Massive Open Online Course to take courses in that domain. 

As a member of the Student Platform for Engineering Education Development (SPEED) and so passionate about engineering education and eliminating mediocrity among the younger generations, He conducts robotics training (Lego Mind storm) for secondary school students teaching them how to build and program robots and prepare them to compete in the World Robotics Olympiad. 

His interest lies in research and development – advancing the frontiers of knowledge while imparting lives; giving new hopes to those who has lost hope…He is also into some Brain Computer Interfacing projects in the Laboratory for Bioinstrumentation and Neuroengineering at Obafemi Awolowo University among which is a thought-controlled prostheses that could allow amputees control replacement limb with just their thought. Among milestone he has set to achieve is a thought-controlled car. Imagine people with disabled motor function being able to drive a car by just thinking.

Driven by similar motivation for rehabilitation technology, He has earlier designed a motion capture suit that could help Stroke patients in their recovery process. This was achieved by capturing the motion of wearer using motion sensors attached to the suit…the same technology could be used in animation industry (in place of Kinect) to capture an actor's motion and saved as a BVH, BIP or STP file for realistic animation, it’s indeed a much better solution than Kinect.

Alongside, he is a versatile software developer – a polyglot, with over a dozen programming languages to his credit. He develops software cutting across several platforms: web, desktop, mobiles, devices…He is on the team developing Africa’s first social job-site – insidify  – a job and cv search platform for employers and job seekers. He is also the CTO of Arooko – an incredibly easy to use, offline platform for mobile phone recharge set to launch soon in Nigeria.

Ishola Babatunde sure has a few feathers to his hat. He won the Microsoft Nigeria’s Most Innovative Student Award during the Microsoft Imagine Cup Nigeria in 2011; Winner of the Education category of Samsung Apps Developers’ Content (2010) and came third overall in Nigeria. With such rare combination of a good academic standing and practical expertise, Babatunde is definitely an inspiration to many young engineering students. But when asked where he gets his inspiration, he simply has this to say "But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding”-job 32:8" 

"My advice to students out there: push the limits; don’t be afraid to go the extra mile after all, only those who go too far can possibly know how far they can go" 

"I look forward to developing robotic systems as solution to unique challenges being faced in Nigeria in areas as agriculture, medicine, rehabilitation among other. I am a firm believer that the problem being faced by a nation can only be solved effectively by resident of that nation as only they can fully experience in the unique challenges around"

"I do wish I had been introduced to robotics much earlier (like in secondary school) and so I am determined to help students in this category to have those things I wish I had" 

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/meet-nigerian-engineer-ishola-babatunde.html
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by legendte(m): 6:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

Please we are not talking about an intellectual fraud here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcml1gxtCCM
Lol, I am sure the voice or the architect of this is a yoruba man.
As CNN, TIME MAGAZINE, BILL CLINTON and other reputable media sources.
Igbo man is the father of Internet.
The person is hiding his identity like most yoooruba e-warriors
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Ope101(m): 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
Good invention but is the robot really working, or it is just another locally made toy with crude tools.
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by rayconsult(m): 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2016
I hope FG should embrace & support our youth 2 improve technically for betterness of our nation Nigeria. Good people Great Nation
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by johnpaulemeka: 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2016
delzbaba:
Good, but all this things are already old in japan and US
...and so? can't you appreciate good thing for once?
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by fox26: 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
Another piece of crap right here, whats that you see? he must go to Japan and watch four years old kids doing better than him. pear brain!!!
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Emilokoiyawon: 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
legendte:

Lol, I am sure the voice or the architect of this is a yoruba man.

As CNN, TIME MAGAZINE, BILL CLINTON and other reputable media sources.

Igbo man is the father of Internet.

The person is hiding his identity like most yoooruba e-warriors

http://saharareporters.com/2010/10/18/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-his-way-fame

http://www.rense.com/general81/dnt.htm

https://www.nairaland.com/534775/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-way/17

https://www.nairaland.com/177876/philip-emeagwali-genius-crook

http://allafrica.com/stories/201010210335.html

DO YOU WANT MORE?

[size=20pt]THIS IS NOT A NEW STORY PLEASE GET WITH THE TIMES[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by God2man(m): 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2016
See talent
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Dmistigan(m): 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
Pls how do u fund ur projects
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Bluffly: 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
YourNemesis:

So because it is old in Japan and the US, we shouldn't start our own abi? undecided
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
This is the kind of people I always love to meet. Good job my man. Ile oodua repin since 12A.D
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
fox26:
Another piece of crap right here, whats that you see? he must go to Japan and watch four years old kids doing better than him. pear brain!!!
there is no way you won't see a fool with nothing upstair talking jargons. Which one any of ur family member don produce? Show us and let us see. Bad belle ppl. That why you ar backward.

2 Likes

Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2016
ireneony:
grin what little children build everday in korea, japan, America e.t.c grin
Old papa like him is claiming to build small robots cheesy

Oga we need new inventions and ideas not copy cat cheesy
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
ireneony:
grin what little children build everday in korea, japan, America e.t.c grin
Old papa like him is claiming to build small robots cheesy

Oga we need new inventions and ideas not copy cat cheesy
why don't you tell that to brother or that ur boifrind to try his luck first b4 talking trash. Backwardness is worrying you. And does invention excludes you. BIMBO
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by leuelliot(m): 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2016
Not to burst the guys bubble but this is a Lego Mindstorms kit which anyone can buy on ebay and play around with. i know i took a course on robotics
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by leuelliot(m): 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Darnyel: 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
[quote believe or=Stupedinluv post=47637891] That's how it has been from old.
We dont want you feeling ashamed, so do the needful. cheesy[/quote]

What?
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Darnyel: 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
[quote believe or=Stupedinluv post=47637891] That's how it has been from old.
We dont want you feeling ashamed, so do the needful. cheesy[/quote]

And I believe you'd be a major crusader of the saying: 'what a man can do, a woman can do...'. Women are allowed to become major inventors. cool
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2016
tartar9:
Something american kids do for hobby sad
you are not even ashamed of your miserable self. Can u draw ordinary table inside board.
Re: Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) by Tedassie(m): 11:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
Stupedinluv:

What do we need robots for? undecided
i'm more shocked than surprised that in 2016 an African youth who happens to be using a product of technological innovation(phone&internet facility)...is asking such a question.

Better to be quiet&be thought a....(complete it) than to open your mouth&clear all doubts!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Python Feeding On Chickens Killed In A Farm!! / Poitou Donkey: A Rare, Endangered Breed Which Grows Dreadlocks (Pictures) / Update On Snakes Tangled In Electric Lines In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.