Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,468 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

God's Punishment Or The Devil's Doing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Punishment Or The Devil's Doing? (476 Views)

Dencia: "Devil Punish Pastor Adeboye For Asking Members To Donate N1bn" / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor / The Devil Is Powerless Without Your Fear. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God's Punishment Or The Devil's Doing? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 17, 2016
How do I know which is which?
Re: God's Punishment Or The Devil's Doing? by JohnNgene: 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
I think God's punishment clearly applies where you sin, disobey or rebel against Him.

The devil's doing could also be considered as God's punishment in some cases. For when we sin, disobey or rebel against God, we expose ourselves to attack from the devil.

Then, there's the middle where good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. Do we call good happening to bad people, God rewarding them for their evil deeds? Do we call bad things happening to good people, the devil punishing them for their good deeds?

That is why I believe there's an afterlife where everyone will be finally and fully rewarded or punished. This life is not enough. Is the suicide of Hitler or the poisoning of Abacha enough punishment for the evils they committed while they lived? I don't think so.

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The REAL And TRUE Christians? / Olumba Obu: 8-years tenure For Buhari Was Wrongly Reported / You Are A Bahsterd Igbo, Leave Ekweremadu Alone – Mr Chukwuma Blasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.