Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Jay Z’s Roc Nation Signs Female Rapper “rapsody” - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jay Z’s Roc Nation Signs Female Rapper “rapsody” (377 Views)

Wizkid Wins MOBO Best International Act Awards, Beats Jay Z, Cardi B, Drake / Celebrated Nigerian Singer Tiwa Savage Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation / Tiwa Savage To Join Jay Z’s Roc Nation Label? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jay Z’s Roc Nation Signs Female Rapper “rapsody” by IAMMUIC: 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
American female rapper and singer Rapsody has recently been signed to Roc Nation. Though details are sparse on the actual terms of the Jamla rapper’s deal, considering Roc Nation has separate label and management rosters, she made the announcement during this year’s Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival.

The event is currently streaming exclusively on TIDAL, which is also partly owned by Jay Z himself. Following the announcement, both Rapsody and mentor 9th Wonder hit Instagram to confirm the news.

“With this, one, soundwise, it’s a lot bigger, which comes from Terrace,” she said. “It’s still 9th Wonder and The Soul Council producing as well. Terrace brings that musicality and makes things sound bigger which is a step above everything else. Two, I experimented more with sound. Rapping over soulful beats is my thing and that’s still on it, but I went out of my comfort zone too. Not comfort zone where it’s forced, but trying something different. We tried some different energies and sounds for this one. I’m even singing a little bit. I went in every day at the studio and did whatever I felt. Some things made it and some things didn’t. I think what’s taken so long to finish is that I want to put 40 tracks on the project, but I can’t so I’m cutting it down. Just me as an artist playing with my voice a lot more and using it as an instrument. I’m learning more and more about that every year. Those are something that makes this project a lot different from the older ones. I’m really excited about it. I played it for a few people and everyone talks about the growth. If people hear a project and they say I’m growing, then I’m happy.”

Source:
https://blarckbillboard./2016/07/17/jay-zs-roc-nation-signs-female-rapper-rapsody/

(1) (Reply)

My First Free Access Audio Book / Do You Kwn Who Is The 1st Person To Use Iphone 7 / Omo9ja – Ma Se (don’t)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.