Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,516 members, 7,808,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership (1809 Views)

Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved / Oil Wells: Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership For South-south, South-east / Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by nurabela: 6:04am On Jul 18, 2016
OWERRI—To facilitate development in the Niger Delta region, South-East and South South lawmakers have called on the Federal Government to review the ownership structure of oil wells in the country to allow for 65 per cent ownership by the people of the region.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/oil-wells-niger-delta-lawmakers-insist-on-65-ownership/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 18, 2016
Say No To Slavery!

Say No to Marginalization!

Say No To Northocracy

YES TO A TRUE FEDERAL CHARACTER.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by speeder(m): 6:10am On Jul 18, 2016
Stupendously rich yet so poor. Even northerners won't give if this was theirs.

How can I have oil and yet so poor. Where dat one dey happen if no be for Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by Niyinficient(m): 6:12am On Jul 18, 2016
Na wa o....

They even wan more percentage than God wey put the oil for there.

Niger-Delta leaders and greed be like

1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by edbor(m): 6:20am On Jul 18, 2016
No let them keep milking the south.

Nonsense.
Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by sarrki(m): 6:26am On Jul 18, 2016
Nigeria is not poor its our mindset that is poor
Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by kuuljay(m): 6:26am On Jul 18, 2016
As coal is to enugu very soon oil will be to Niger delter,

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by chriskosherbal(m): 6:28am On Jul 18, 2016
I see
Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by mrvitalis(m): 6:35am On Jul 18, 2016
Lool this is very funny indeed... Like who stopped the Niger Deltans from acquiring oil Wells??
Even the ones owned by northerners how many is producing?
The last time I checked we had 190 oil blocks looking for buyers

It's like saying people from Kogi should own all cement factory in Kogi...
Or Benue people should own all the farm lands in Benue??

The question I want to ask is this... How would u feel.. If u made money... Went to North and got 50,000 hectares of land and started farming... U paid government for the land (as they pay government for oil Wells).... U invested in the land (as u invest in oil Wells) And after the farm start running they villagers start to blame u for how bad there village is developed and that it's ur fault... The they start burning ur harvest every now and then to express anger.... While u had always given government what belonged to them.... How would u feel??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by mrvitalis(m): 6:38am On Jul 18, 2016
If u want to own 100% of the oil wells no problem... Just pay the present owners what they have invested and composition and u will see them move in drive to Angola...
U think oil business in Nigeria is profitable??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 18, 2016
speeder:
Stupendously rich yet so poor. Even northerners won't give if this was theirs.

How can I have oil and yet so poor. Where dat one dey happen if no be for Nigeria
u d mind those people? Naso Abacha loot us dry.
Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 18, 2016
Niyinficient:
Na wa o....
He d Pain You? Hating is allowed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 18, 2016
mrvitalis:
Lool this is very funny indeed... Like who stopped the Niger Deltans from acquiring oil Wells??
Even the ones owned by northerners how many is producing?
The last time I checked we had 190 oil blocks looking for buyers

It's like saying people from Kogi should own all cement factory in Kogi...
Or Benue people should own all the farm lands in Benue??

The question I want to ask is this... How would u feel.. If u made money... Went to North and got 50,000 hectares of land and started farming... U paid government for the land (as they pay government for oil Wells).... U invested in the land (as u invest in oil Wells) And after the farm start running they villagers start to blame u for how bad there village is developed and that it's ur fault... The they start burning ur harvest every now and then to express anger.... While u had always given government what belonged to them.... How would u feel??
ur reasoning though. Receive sense abeg. Paid which governmet for which oil? When Federal govt under d likes of Abacha, Buhari(then as a Dictator) obasanjo allocated Niger Delta wealths to their selfs, family members n brothers, n u r here ranting they bought d oil wells. No make me Vex dis morning oo!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by authority2006(m): 6:58am On Jul 18, 2016
Lol @65%. Impossible by all means.
Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by mrvitalis(m): 7:44am On Jul 18, 2016
uupgrade:
ur reasoning though. Receive sense abeg. Paid which governmet for which oil? When Federal govt under d likes of Abacha, Buhari(then as a Dictator) obasanjo allocated Niger Delta wealths to their selfs, family members n brothers, n u r here ranting they bought d oil wells. No make me Vex dis morning oo!
Lol that's what every one is told... But have u taken out time to resarch on that?? Then u will know that's all lies... Google is ur friend

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by ChappyChase: 7:46am On Jul 18, 2016
God just kuku collect this oil from us!!
Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 18, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol that's what every one is told... But have u taken out time to resarch on that?? Then u will know that's all lies... Google is ur friend
google can't know everything. If na lie google my name i see wat u would get.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by mrvitalis(m): 7:50am On Jul 18, 2016
uupgrade:
google can't know everything. If na lie google my name i see wat u would get.
Don't have time for people like u... U sounded reasonable that was why I even responded
Good morning

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by Fedayeen02: 7:52am On Jul 18, 2016
Niyinficient:
Na wa o....

its their oil oga. How many of your resources does the government depend on like theirs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 18, 2016
mrvitalis:

Don't have time for people like u... U sounded reasonable that was why I even responded
Good morning
how does it feel to hear trash huh! It taste nice right? That's just 1/10 of what u told me. As for Benue state cement factory get ur facts right! That cement company was owned and managed by Benue state Government. They just sold it to Dangote Willingly becux d Government felt it would better to sell it than let corrupt govt individuals run to d ground. As for Kogi matter i no sabi that one. U depend on Google i depend on Truth. That's d clear difference. Enjoy ur Day!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 18, 2016
That will mean nearly overhauling some key aspects of the oil and gas regulations. The regulatory regime we have now is not one where you will just "dash" the oil blocks to individuals. The way it is, the State Government or individuals from these regions would have to enter into competitive bidding and win rich blocks or marginal fields before they can own anything. The current regulatory framework does not support this style of ownership.

Pass the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB).
Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 18, 2016
When they say lawmakers, is it the Federal or State? Anyway it doesn't matter.

That will mean nearly overhauling some key aspects of the oil and gas regulations. The regulatory regime we have now is not one where you will just give the oil blocks to individuals. Having equity in oil and gas exploration and production has a lot of requirements to be fulfilled. The way it is, the State Government or individuals from these regions would have to enter into competitive bidding and win rich blocks or marginal fields before they can own anything. The current regulatory framework does not support this style of ownership.

They are calling on the Federal Government, do they not know how to raise motions on the floor of the house to change/amend the regulations? They know how to give Saraki and Ekweremadu immunity and protect them from prosecution and they know how to fight and threaten each other with impregnation. Work hard for this change. Lobby as much as you can and use all the legal political tools and political sciences to get this done.

Pass the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB). Better still amend the PIB to reflect this and ensure that it is passed. What happened to the Bill? Use your positions to give it a push. Fight for it. Based on that Bill the Niger Delta Area has a lot to benefit, but it's representatives are not even talking or pushing for it.

This is what happens when we accept 500 grams of rice and 1000 naira as payment to vote for our representatives. We have received our payment in full.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF TODAY WILL NEVER AGREE TO THIS DEMAND. Let us not deceive ourselves and do the same things over and over again, expecting a different result. This attitude is simply a testament to our collective insanity.

To me, talking won't change anything. My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by mrvitalis(m): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2016
uupgrade:
how does it feel to hear trash huh! It taste nice right? That's just 1/10 of what u told me. As for Benue state cement factory get ur facts right! That cement company was owned and managed by Benue state Government. They just sold it to Dangote Willingly becux d Government felt it would better to sell it than let corrupt govt individuals run to d ground. As for Kogi matter i no sabi that one. U depend on Google i depend on Truth. That's d clear difference. Enjoy ur Day!
What stopped bayelsa from buying oil blocks?
And as for Benue it's owned by the whole of Benue not the region were u have the lime stone

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by evilapc: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2016
Niyinficient:
Na wa o....

God also put oil in Saudi Arabia, why can't you go there and claim it. God also put gold in Ghana here, go there and claim it. God also put the land where you are living now, can you allow me to take over it Evil apc zombie

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
mrvitalis:

What stopped bayelsa from buying oil blocks?
And as for Benue it's owned by the whole of Benue not the region were u have the lime stone
i spent 7years of my life in benue state, d lime stone used to produce those Cements r all in Benue Cement factory land. They dug all d limestone around d factory n factory alone not anywhere or place outside d region (i spent about 6 of my childhood holidays there n as a child i walked all my around dat factory )! Gets ur facts right stop fooling people u know nothing about benue state. As for d oil blocks in Bayelsa. I already told u, those thieves (ur brothers) allocated our oil blocks to their selfs in pretence of saying d federal government owns it.
Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by mrvitalis(m): 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
uupgrade:
i spent 7years of my life in benue state, d lime stone used to produce those Cements r all in Benue Cement factory land. They dug all d limestone around d factory n factory alone not anywhere or place outside d region (i spent about 6 of my childhood holidays there n as a child i walked all my around dat factory )! Gets ur facts right stop fooling people u know nothing about benue state. As for d oil blocks in Bayelsa. I already told u, those thieves (ur brothers) allocated our oil blocks to their selfs in pretence of saying d federal government owns it.
Like seriously what is the that explanation all about... So don't who work at the oil companies?
All Wells can be acquired by anyone.. And even 80% of the oil wells owned by Nigeria are non active....
Do u how much u need to get a well to start producing??
Smh
Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by MakeWeTalk: 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
When the North is saying that the Oil belongs to them! angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-4c9-Yf0-k
Re: Oil Wells: Niger Delta Lawmakers Insist On 65% Ownership by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
nurabela:
OWERRI—To facilitate development in the Niger Delta region, South-East and South South lawmakers have called on the Federal Government to review the ownership structure of oil wells in the country to allow for 65 per cent ownership by the people of the region.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/oil-wells-niger-delta-lawmakers-insist-on-65-ownership/
I love this....Now South South and South East NASS has woken up

(1) (Reply)

Umuigbo What Will It Take To Found Another Ohaneze? - (igbos Only) / Oil Discovery In The North Is A Huge Blessing For The South / So How Far On The Ozubulu Killings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.