Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval (27408 Views)

CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints / Cheques Can Now Be Paid Into Savings Accounts – CBN / $20billion Dollars Idle In Few Individual's Domiciliary Accounts-cbn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by geraldgiz(m): 10:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
They truly understand the times nkw
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by DozieInc(m): 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
OKAY... WEIGHING PROS CONS.
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by afanide: 10:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
after 99 bad news, we get to hear 1 small good news........ undecided
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by onatisi(m): 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2016
More job cuts and sackings in the banking sector soon. This policy will only make banks sack more workers .

Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by justhelp(m): 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2016
NaijaMutant:
When will CBN Okay withdrawal of Money from Tinubu's account for every Nigerian
pls ensure ur brain is connected to ur fingers and ur device before u post any statement again
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
Kx:
Like seriously ,its this what central banks in d advanced world busy themselves with- continued roll out of guidelines and memos for commercial banks alone even in the face of recessions and economic contractions?
This directive will also help to boast the economy.

Bank deposit enable commercial banks to create more money, by the time anyone can open an account without deposit restrictions, means more accounts will be created, and these people will eventually deposit, meaning that commercial banks will create more money.
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by demoBaba: 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
What about Coprate account
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by olusd(m): 10:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
haywire1:
Can i now withdraw my 1k deposit fee remaining inside that stvpid Skye Bank ?

#
same question I ask myself
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by Kobicove(m): 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
yanshDoctor:
..this man is already preparing ground for his final sack. he is only trying to make a name. there is underground plan to replaced him with northerner by buhari. the event will soon unfold.

It's not an underground plan...it's an open secret grin
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by teacherbim(f): 11:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Do people still use bank accounts ??

Well, Nigeria will get there someday

Pls bro,what do you mean?
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by Princepoint(m): 11:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
oga think before u carry on u go start to buy banking form b dat surcharge for atm go rise
atm mc go start from 2k
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by kode12: 11:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

If bank accounts are outdated whats then in vogue? Sometimes i wonder if you people have brains at all.

2 Likes

Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
Nice one. smiley
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by UnknownT: 11:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
herbie27:

Bank deposit enable commercial banks to create more money, by the time anyone can open an account without deposit restrictions, means more accounts will be created, and these people will eventually deposit, meaning that commercial banks will create more money.
You can't be too sure, it can also lead to many dormant accounts, Marketers will go out, give account opening forms to every Tom, Dick and Harry they see, at the end, maybe only Tom will be servicing the account. It's a 50 50 something
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by Bassurge: 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
I hope this turns out to be good because a lot of Nigerians will open zero balance accounts and eventually abandon then.
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by CezarThaViruz(m): 1:08am On Jul 19, 2016
Kx:
Like seriously ,its this what central banks in d advanced world busy themselves with- continued roll out of guidelines and memos for commercial banks alone even in the face of recessions and economic contractions?

bruh help me ask them oo
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by CezarThaViruz(m): 1:17am On Jul 19, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

kode12:

If bank accounts are outdated whats then in vogue? Sometimes i wonder if you people have brains at all.

lwkmd...
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by RichYoungNigga: 1:21am On Jul 19, 2016
kode12:

I know you don't have a working brain.

I will not tell you what's in Vogue, it will take you many years to figure that out or even 20 years to be in use in your country of residence.

You still use bank accounts, lol you need to travel out of Nigeria, Dumbass
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by RichYoungNigga: 1:24am On Jul 19, 2016
teacherbim:

Pls bro,what do you mean?

Prepaid debit card is now what people use.
You can make a deposit at the ATM.
You can cash your cheque by just taking a picture of it.

Who still uses bank accounts ?? Nigerians
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by Naijageak(m): 2:41am On Jul 19, 2016
this is eheh
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by onatisi(m): 3:37am On Jul 19, 2016
herbie27:

it won't boost any economy. The banks need those deposit to survive ,that is why they usually employ marketers once it is removed so also are many jobs removed
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by Nobody: 3:57am On Jul 19, 2016
yanshDoctor:
..this man is already preparing ground for his final sack. he is only trying to make a name. there is underground plan to replaced him with northerner by buhari. the event will soon unfold.
He can only be 'sacked' by a 2/3 vote of the Senate and House of Reps, before the expiration of his five-year tenure.

His tenure as CBN governor expires in 2019.
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by tjskii(f): 4:45am On Jul 19, 2016
Hahaha, na to go open account for zenith bank, upon all dem Shakara, I shall open with zero balance
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by dare2differ: 4:48am On Jul 19, 2016
Where is there? Why is that you are always talking like a fool?

RichYoungNigga:

Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by aboki2000(m): 4:51am On Jul 19, 2016
is it possible for someone to open an account here in nig for his/her friend who base abroad ?
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by emmabest2000(m): 5:00am On Jul 19, 2016
NaijaMutant:
Clueless and Directionless CBN

They think they will eventually get it right through Trial and Error

They will have to try for 999 times to get it right.

You are not Newton.
Lol..
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by IamTheAlmighty(m): 5:20am On Jul 19, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Prepaid debit card is now what people use.
You can make a deposit at the ATM.
You can cash your cheque by just taking a picture of it.

Who still uses bank accounts ?? Nigerians

Prepaid Cards are already in use in Nigeria, but bank accounts are still dominant.

Everytime you comment on this forum, you try your best to let everyone know that you trekked across the Sahara desert to be an illegal immigrant in some country that hates you.

People that behave the way you do, are people that have little, but love posturing with that little to make themselves feel better.

1 Like

Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by larrygee(m): 5:20am On Jul 19, 2016
The problem is not leaving 1k in d accts. It is d crazy and illegal charges that Nigerians are complaining about. In they are serious they should come out with specific unambiguous guidelines and show evidence of banks sanctioned for illegal customer charges. Note not d fines that still go back to govt pocket and not benefiting d customers.
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by kode12: 5:22am On Jul 19, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

I know you don't have a working brain.

I will not tell you what's in Vogue, it will take you many years to figure that out or even 20 years to be in use in your country of residence.

You still use bank accounts, lol you need to travel out of Nigeria, Dumbass

Recieve sense IJN fool.
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 19, 2016
if i open a no deposit account and somebody sends me lets say 10,000 naira, hope i will be able to withdraw all the 10k or will they find a way to keep some as their service charge?
Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by isobel: 5:38am On Jul 19, 2016
Most clueless CBN administration I've ever known. With Inflation at 16%, CBN is rolling out mundane policies like account opening balance. Better go back to the drawing table and come up with solutions to our serious economic problems that do not involve trial and error for once.

1 Like

Re: No Deposit For New Accounts: CBN Gives Approval by theripper3: 5:56am On Jul 19, 2016
Is this the most important task on Emefiele's to-do list?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNIZIK Student Ptotests Against Ecobank As ATM Debits Her Without Dispensing / Faeces Litter At Ogbete Market In Enugu / Banking Activities Paralysed In Sagamu Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.