Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? (1999 Views)

Lady Leaves Suicide Note As Her Boyfriend Ikenna Eze From Imo Dumps Her (Photos) / Wet Lady Leaves Vagina print On Workout Bench (pics) . / Will My Sister Get Another Man With Very High Sperm Count If She Leaves Her BF? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by greatness22(m): 9:47am On Jul 18, 2016
Typically, in Nigerian homes, a girl stays with her parents till she gets married. Regardless of her age, educational and job status. A practice, that is as old as TIME.

Now should it remain this way? Wouldn't it be nice if at some point in the lady's life, she leaves her parents to be on her own or to be independent even if she isn't married? Plus, when would you say is the right time for her to leave if at all? Share your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by fairlyusedpant: 9:49am On Jul 18, 2016
Yes it is very very nice...
That was what happened to nkechi till she carried belle... She left her mama house to rent one bedroom flat with toilet, kitchen, bathroom, palour, car park, bedroom and closet inside one room, then she mistakenly invited brother uche because she was bored that day, after some play play, one thing led to another , na xo e take finish fast fast... that was how she carry belle ooo... So it is very good... Single ladies can do it...
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by mizzbouqui(f): 9:54am On Jul 18, 2016
Its good, I've been independent even before I finished school now I have lots of responsibilities

2 Likes

Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by greatness22(m): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2016
fairlyusedpant:
Yes it is very very nice...
That was what happened to nkechi till she carried belle... She left her mama house to rent one bedroom flat with toilet, kitchen, bathroom, palour, car park, bedroom and closet inside one room, then she mistakenly invited brother uche because she was bored that day, after some play play, one thing led to another , na xo e take finish fast fast... that was how she carry belle ooo... So it is very good... Single ladies can do it...
Even your moniker is ridiculous. grin
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by greatness22(m): 10:09am On Jul 18, 2016
mizzbouqui:
Its good, I've been independent even before I finished school now I have lots of responsibilities
I know of a parent who disown their daughter because she choose to be independent, saying that it is very bad, insultive to the family and gives room for her to be flirting around. Now, at some point of your life, do you face this condemnation from your family?
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by greatwhite(m): 10:13am On Jul 18, 2016
It is very good. If you work in the same city where your parent reside it would be difficult.

1 Like

Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by firstking01(m): 10:17am On Jul 18, 2016
greatness22:
Typically, in Nigerian homes, a girl stays with her parents till she gets married. Regardless of her age, educational and job status. A practice, that is as old as TIME.

Now should it remain this way? Wouldn't it be nice if at some point in the lady's life, she leaves her parents to be on her own or to be independent even if she isn't married? Plus, when would you say is the right time for her to leave if at all? Share your thoughts.
Such ladies find it hard to get a husband...the reasons are obvious.

1 Like

Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by rosalieene(f): 10:22am On Jul 18, 2016
I don't knw what to say about this. But, most times according to beliefs, any lady that stays alone find it hard to get married. I don't know about that. let's consider this, your parents stay in the East but you got a job in Lagos, will you just forfeit the job because of some stupid belief? no!
I can only advice a lady to stay in a self contain even if she has the money to stay in a duplex so that people out there won't think she has so much money thereby chasing away suitors and bringing golddiggers her way
Besides, some parents can be very annoying at times.... you knw what I mean. So as not to loose your sanity, leave the house!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by Kenneth205(m): 10:23am On Jul 18, 2016
mizzbouqui:

Strong woman!
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by xkris11(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2016
I believe the trend should continue,personally I respect ladies who patiently wait for the right man in her parent house.
This doesn't have to do with female alone, I know a particular tribe who believe a boy should leave his parent when he is mature enough to get married.

1 Like

Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by rosalieene(f): 10:25am On Jul 18, 2016
funny enough, most landlords especially in Lagos hardly rent house to single ladies because they feel a lot are sluts!! really this rubbish should stop.

2 Likes

Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by mizzbouqui(f): 10:27am On Jul 18, 2016
greatness22:
I know of a parent who disown their daughter because she choose to be independent, saying that it is very bad, insultive to the family and gives room for her to be flirting around. Now, at some point of your life, do you face this condemnation from your family?
No I didn't, I've always been hardworking so no room for condemnation moreover I don't have a father
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by mhisbliss(f): 10:27am On Jul 18, 2016
It gives the impression that you've finally faced the ashewo job big time, its now a career so stay with your parents till they honorably come and ask for your hand
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by halfricanadian(f): 10:28am On Jul 18, 2016
Its not only nice op

Its a beautiful thing to do
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by mizzbouqui(f): 10:30am On Jul 18, 2016
Kenneth205:

Strong woman!
I gat no choice than to be
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by VampireeM(f): 10:31am On Jul 18, 2016
Growing up, I was made to believe that ladies who live alone dont get marry early and ve come to realise its just nonsense talk.. what matters most is being responsible and the way the lady comports herself esp with the opposite sex whether living with her parents or not. I ve a job and rented my own apartment as my parents dont stay in the same city with me or depend on anyone except God and ve never regretted it for once... Live Responsibly Simple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by greatness22(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2016
rosalieene:
I don't knw what to say about this. But, most times according to beliefs, any lady that stays alone find it hard to get married. I don't know about that. let's consider this, your parents stay in the East but you got a job in Lagos, will you just forfeit the job because of some stupid belief? no!
I can only advice a lady to stay in a self contain even if she has the money to stay in a duplex so that people out there won't think she has so much money thereby chasing away suitors and bringing golddiggers her way
Besides, some parents can be very annoying at times.... you knw what I mean. So as not to loose your sanity, leave the house!
You have a point there. But don't you think most ladies abuse this opportunity?
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by greatness22(m): 10:49am On Jul 18, 2016
mhisbliss:
It gives the impression that you've finally faced the ashewo job big time, its now a career so stay with your parents till they honorably come and ask for your hand
I totally disagree with you on this. If Linda Ikeji decided to stay with her parents in order to avoid been labelled a prostitute, i guess you and i woudn't have known her.
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by rosalieene(f): 10:51am On Jul 18, 2016
greatness22:
You have a point there. But don't you think most ladies abuse this opportunity?
life is all about choice. People are different. Anyhow you want to live your life, it's your choice. If you want to be reckless, then be ready to deal with the consequence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by greatness22(m): 10:54am On Jul 18, 2016
mizzbouqui:

No I didn't, I've always been hardworking so no room for condemnation moreover I don't have a father
There might be some secret negative remarks about your decision tho. Sorry for your loss.
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by mhisbliss(f): 11:05am On Jul 18, 2016
greatness22:
I totally disagree with you on this. If Linda Ikeji decided to stay with her parents in order to avoid been labelled a prostitute, i guess you and i woudn't have known her.
when linda ikeji left her parents her blogging was already paying off so do your research well
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by greatness22(m): 11:10am On Jul 18, 2016
mhisbliss:
when linda ikeji left her parents her blogging was already paying off so do your research well
So, a lady should stay in her parents house awaiting any potential suitor?
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by mhisbliss(f): 11:13am On Jul 18, 2016
greatness22:
So, a lady should stay in her parents house awaiting any potential suitor?
how many times have you seen powerful ladies get married easily, if you're powerful guys think twice before proposing but if you're a normal girl you get suitors easily, its a simple fact i dont know why you're misunderstanding me
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by greatness22(m): 11:28am On Jul 18, 2016
mhisbliss:
how many times have you seen powerful ladies get married easily, if you're powerful guys think twice before proposing but if you're a normal girl you get suitors easily, its a simple fact i dont know why you're misunderstanding me
Am not misunderstanding you. In your first post here, you said "it gives an impression that an independent lady have finally face her ashewo job"
Which is totally wrong. And mind you, staying with her parents do not justify that suitors will line up for her.
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by mhisbliss(f): 11:31am On Jul 18, 2016
greatness22:
Am not misunderstanding you. In your first post here, you said "it gives an impression that an independent lady have finally face her ashewo job"
Which is totally wrong. And mind you, staying with her parents do not justify that suitors will line up for her.
but her chances are bigger, linda ikeji is a living proof why is she not married at her age, lemme paint you a picture imagine me living alone i have everything i need money cars and am in love with my career will you marry someone who is obviously not gonna need anything from you? You wont be like her husband and you cant control such people as a husband
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by bitchcrafts: 11:33am On Jul 18, 2016
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by skywalker888(f): 11:39am On Jul 18, 2016
Of course it's good and I'm actually working towards that just that the society sometimes paint one bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by greatness22(m): 11:49am On Jul 18, 2016
mhisbliss:
lemme paint you a picture imagine me living alone i have everything i need money cars and am in love with my career will you marry someone who is obviously not gonna need anything from you?
And who told you she's not going to need affection, protection, love and attention from me?
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by mhisbliss(f): 11:59am On Jul 18, 2016
greatness22:
And who told you she's not going to need affection, protection, love and attention from me?
money answereth all things says the Bible
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by mizzbouqui(f): 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
greatness22:
There might be some secret negative remarks about your decision tho. Sorry for your loss.
Negative remark? Ok I'm listening what are they
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by greatness22(m): 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
mhisbliss:
money answereth all things says the Bible
Lol, who wrote the bible? And the same bible also says Love conquereth ALL things.
Re: Wouldn't It Be Nice If A Single Lady Leaves Her Parents To Be On Her Own? by greatness22(m): 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
mizzbouqui:

Negative remark? Ok I'm listening what are they
[quotepost=47656833]It gives the impression that you've finally faced the ashewo job big time,[/quote][/quote] I guess this is one of the many negative remarks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Get A Girlfriend That Will Not Request For Money? / Today Is My Birthday, I Need A Beautiful Female Nairalander To Take Me Out!!! / "Pray" For A Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.