Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Things I Learnt From The New Clarification Made By Jamb - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Things I Learnt From The New Clarification Made By Jamb (1091 Views)

12 New Federal Universities Approved As 2nd Choice By JAMB For 2017 Registration / See The 7 Things I Did In Order To Understand My Lecturer In Class / Five Things I Regret Doing At The University. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things I Learnt From The New Clarification Made By Jamb by Oluwaseydex(m): 11:58am On Jul 18, 2016
Guys please read this post carefully and throghly.These might be the reasons why you havent been posted yet irrespective of score.
Points to note:
1.)Jamb said that the RECENT list(There might be another who knows)
2)Comprises if JUST candidates who met the NATIONAL CUTOFF(180)
3.)Withing the SET CRITERIA(you already know the criteria previously referred to as "modalities"wink
4.)And therefore qualified for screening in their RESPECTIVE INSTITUTION(Their institution of
choice)
5.)Based on the institutions CAPACITY(amount of candidate a particular course in a particular institution could carry).

THINGS I THINK I LEARNED
Jamb is stressing that the list of candidates granted PROVISIONAL admission contains just candidates that scored 180 and above and at the
same time met ALL the requirements of the modalities.

POSSIBLE CAUSE OF “NO ADMISSION GRANTED YET"
1.)You can score 300 and not meet all the requirements of the modalities either you didn't have credits in both English and Maths or
something else(check the modalities and see)
2.)Or your subject combo in jamb didn't match the required course of study.
3.)Or the carrying capacity of your required course of study have been filled up with candidates with higher jamb scores than you in your choice of institution.(can MOSTLY affect
candidates going for all these competitive courses like law,pharmacy and the likes)
4.)Or you are probably a victim of the errors of omission since its humans at work and we are bound to make mistakes(this is where your
prayers is urgently needed to bail you out).
5.) Or you have five o level credit passes but sadly ou got some wrong in relation to your course of study eg. i want to study law and i got 5credit inEnglish,maths,govt,physics crs.(remember they said five o level credit passes in the RELEVANT subjects)
Master MANCHI SCORED 200 AND I SCORED 255 AND STILL NOT ADMITTED BUT MY MANCHI IS
ADMITTED ABEIT PROVISIONALLY.

This is where ELDs play there role.Your guy must have come from United state of Sambisa(U.S.S)
that has just one sec school using one desktop computer with average teachers and you from Anambra with secondary schools fully equipped
everewhere and taught by professors.
Or your guy put chinese and you put law and point number 3 under the second heading above affected you.

JAMB CONTRADICTIONS.
1.)“All institutions that have need for more candidates can source from their omnibus printout earlier sent to them by the board in order to ensure that available spaces are adequately utilised" It contradicts point No. 1 in
the foremost heading.
2.)“it was stated that the role of JAMB is to conduct the UTME, compile the list of candidates whose scores meet the cut-off marks (180 and above) and send same to the universities"
Contradicts point number 3..who exactly is checking the criterial? jamb or uniz?.
3.)“Stated that the recent list of candidates sent to tertiary institutions contains just the names of candidates who met the national cut-off point within the set criteria and hence qualified for screening"
Those from the omnibus that should be used to fill up the vacant spaces why were they not granted provisional admission? or is jamb
indirectly saying they wil admit candidates that doesn't reach the requirements in other to fill up?

QUESTIONS
What about polytechnics and colleges of Educations? wont candidates be assigned to it and how?
This is all i think i learned....there is more questions shaa but low ba3 so i have to post these 1st.the necessary bodies plz answer the questions for us and the the contradictions too or send it to jamb coz we need answers.

Source: http://www.loadedportal.com/forum2_theme_111267108.xhtml?tema=96
Re: Things I Learnt From The New Clarification Made By Jamb by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
I read part of this epistle.
Re: Things I Learnt From The New Clarification Made By Jamb by Oluwaseydex(m): 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
cc lalasticlacla help us tag this to the appropriate place so that aspirants can benefit from it
Re: Things I Learnt From The New Clarification Made By Jamb by Genius101(m): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
firstly,the criteria used by jamb as stated are the 45% by merit,35% by catchment and 20% by elds.secondly,jamb stated that the list of candidates sent are those who are qualified for screening with regard to the institutions carrying capacity but am of the opinion that candidates who chose a certain institution but were not posted can also go for the screening since jamb had also sent the omnibus list containing the names of all the candidates that chose such institutions.besides the institutions have been asked to source from the omnibus list to fill any vacant space so if one is not posted but did the screening,who knows one can still be picked to fill these vacant spaces and if some candidates that were posted are screened out due to incomplete o'level results or wrong subject combination,those in the omnibus list will be used to replace them.so it's important that one goes for screening whether they are posted or nit.the omnibus list is where the universities will have the opportunity to bring in their own candidates.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From The New Clarification Made By Jamb by Batifeori: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
I think the posting is mainly about the institution carrying capacity and number of applicant in a department.
WHY?:
Cos I chose federal university,dutsin-ma,katsina and I have been posted. I scored 186 in jamb and I used awaiting result,plus I am from lagos. In my department which is political science,only 400 plus applied for that course and infact,that is the only department with the highest number of applicants.
I think the problem lies with the candidates. Imagine schools like ABU,UI,UNN,OAU and others,which their carrying capacity is not more than 7,000 at most,but over 60,000 thousand applied to such school. Where would the rest go if only 7,000 were to be admitted? And what about the money they paid for the post utme?. I jst can't understand how a sane and a serious person,who want admission at all cost will still apply to a school where they have already pass their carrying capacity. Jst imagine only the department of medicine and surgery in ABU with over 10,000 applicants and somebody with 245 jamb score is complaining of not been posted,when there are people with 290 in that same department. Same goes to other over hyped schools. I think Its high time we start blaming ourselves for making wrong decision,instead of blaming everything on jamb,Fg and the institutions. We can make all this newly established and all this lowly rated institutions great like OAU,UNILAG,ABU and others,by contributing to their development with our academic standard.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From The New Clarification Made By Jamb by Oluwaseydex(m): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
I think I feel a great sense of judgement in ur statement
Re: Things I Learnt From The New Clarification Made By Jamb by SlimBrawnie(f): 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
Pls I want to understand something, does posting mean admission? Cos my baby sis applied IBBI, did the screening and has been posted,but we really don't know if it means she's been admitted or we have to wait for the admission list.
Re: Things I Learnt From The New Clarification Made By Jamb by Genius101(m): 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
SlimBrawnie:
Pls I want to understand something, does posting mean admission? Cos my baby sis applied IBBI, did the screening and has been posted,but we really don't know if it means she's been admitted or we have to wait for the admission list.
she hasn't been admitted but she now has a higher possibility of being admitted provided she has her complete o'level results and correct subject combination

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From The New Clarification Made By Jamb by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
Oluwaseydex:
Guys please read this post carefully and throghly.These might be the reasons why you havent been posted yet irrespective of score.
Points to note:
1.)Jamb said that the RECENT list(There might be another who knows)
2)Comprises if JUST candidates who met the NATIONAL CUTOFF(180)
3.)Withing the SET CRITERIA(you already know the criteria previously referred to as "modalities"wink
4.)And therefore qualified for screening in their RESPECTIVE INSTITUTION(Their institution of
choice)
5.)Based on the institutions CAPACITY(amount of candidate a particular course in a particular institution could carry).

THINGS I THINK I LEARNED
Jamb is stressing that the list of candidates granted PROVISIONAL admission contains just candidates that scored 180 and above and at the
same time met ALL the requirements of the modalities.

POSSIBLE CAUSE OF “NO ADMISSION GRANTED YET"
1.)You can score 300 and not meet all the requirements of the modalities either you didn't have credits in both English and Maths or
2.)Or your subject combo in jamb didn't match the required course of study.
3.)Or the carrying capacity of your required course of study have been filled up with candidates with higher jamb scores than you in your choice of institution.(can MOSTLY affect
candidates going for all these competitive courses like law,pharmacy and the likes)
4.)Or you are probably a victim of the errors of omission since its humans at work and we are bound to make mistakes(this is where your
prayers is urgently needed to bail you out).
5.) Or you have five o level credit passes but sadly ou got some wrong in relation to your course of study eg. i want to study law and i got 5credit inEnglish,maths,govt,physics crs.(remember they said five o level credit passes in the RELEVANT subjects)
Master MANCHI SCORED 200 AND I SCORED 255 AND STILL NOT ADMITTED BUT MY MANCHI IS
ADMITTED ABEIT PROVISIONALLY.

This is where ELDs play there role.Your guy must have come from United state of Sambisa(U.S.S)
that has just one sec school using one desktop computer with average teachers and you from Anambra with secondary schools fully equipped
everewhere and taught by professors.
Or your guy put chinese and you put law and point number 3 under the second heading above affected you.

JAMB CONTRADICTIONS.
1.)“All institutions that have need for more candidates can source from their omnibus printout earlier sent to them by the board in order to ensure that available spaces are adequately utilised" It contradicts point No. 1 in
the foremost heading.
2.)“it was stated that the role of JAMB is to conduct the UTME, compile the list of candidates whose scores meet the cut-off marks (180 and above) and send same to the universities"
Contradicts point number 3..who exactly is checking the criterial? jamb or uniz?.
3.)“Stated that the recent list of candidates sent to tertiary institutions contains just the names of candidates who met the national cut-off point within the set criteria and hence qualified for screening"
Those from the omnibus that should be used to fill up the vacant spaces why were they not granted provisional admission? or is jamb
indirectly saying they wil admit candidates that doesn't reach the requirements in other to fill up?

QUESTIONS
What about polytechnics and colleges of Educations? wont candidates be assigned to it and how?
This is all i think i learned....there is more questions shaa but low ba3 so i have to post these 1st.the necessary bodies plz answer the questions for us and the the contradictions too or send it to jamb coz we need answers.

Source: http://www.loadedportal.com/forum2_theme_111267108.xhtml?tema=96

[size=15pt]With what you just said now, the point number 1 just spoiled everything[/size] You can score 300 and not meet all the requirements of the modalities either you didn't have credits in both English and Maths or
[size=15pt]the reason why i stated that is that Jamb did not know any candidate O'level result 'cos candidates were not asked to upload any result while registering for jamb so Jamb can never know whether you have 15Credits or not , so my guy, I disagree with you totally[/size]

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From The New Clarification Made By Jamb by iamdotune(m): 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
ADEWUMIMichael:

[size=15pt]With what you just said now, the point number 1 just spoiled everything[/size] You can score 300 and not meet all the requirements of the modalities either you didn't have credits in both English and Maths or
[size=15pt]the reason why i stated that is that Jamb did not know any candidate O'level result 'cos candidates were not asked to upload any result while registering for jamb so Jamb can never know whether you have 15Credits or not , so my guy, I disagree with you totally[/size]
It's possible, someppl uploaded their Olevel result and if after screened and saw any error on the grades submitted it can be used against em

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!!!.. / WAEC Set To Release 2016/2017 WAEC Results / Uniben Law Graduate Bags First Class From The Nigerian Law School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.