Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria (44257 Views)

WASCE Records Best Result In 10 Years / Snake Killed In University Of Uyo Causes Fight (Photos) / Outstanding Result In Waec: What Does It Mean And When Shall It Be Released? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by Okbaba: 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
Uniuyo is very notorious for this. Imagine in a whole faculty of Environmental studies comprising of over 6 depts not even a single student has ever graduated with first class since the inception of the school. Some of their lecturers are devil incarnate. I graduated with 3rd class but was far better than 2-1 graduates of other universities during my services year and even where I'm currently working. I almost missed my current job due to my poor result from Uniuyo if not for the pre-employment test they gave us. You study so hard only to get frustrated by wicked lecturers.
What pained me most was my measurement lecturer who tried so many times before he could pass professional exams,but on the contrary I cleared all papers on my first sitting. SHAME ON HIM/THEM FOR GIVING ME THIS INAPPROPRIATE GRADE.
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by Okbaba: 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
Uniuyo lecturers take delight in students failures.
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by ggirl4real: 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2016
Uniuyo! Hmm

I struggled to reach 4.49, best in my Faculty and Uniuyo wouldn't give me a Graduate Assistant job.

Maybe because I don't know someone that knows someone up there

I wish I took time to have fun while in school. I feel like I wasted my time studying hard.
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by InHim4Him(m): 10:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
The OP's English says it all!
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by Mykelking007: 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
Your course mates no try O, since a course mate of yours as an A... Then the rest are just dumb
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by testedtechs: 11:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
and the lecturer is proud to release this result.....
wasted tax payers money....he should be sacked
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by daverebranded(m): 12:37am On Jul 19, 2016
Lol, that's my school and my faculty and I know this man...he gave me a D once... Thank God am not in mech engine...civil is sweet, u get what u deserve
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by daverebranded(m): 12:44am On Jul 19, 2016
Gibz02:
i"ve seen some blunders in these result,some 41 is F while some 40 is E.please go through it thoroughly before u comments."FAKE RESULT ADONBELEIVIT"
dude it's not fake...that's adiaba for u...took me fluid mechanics in year two...same shit..I didn't fail tho but 60 percent did even after he was asked to add 10 marks across whi h he added just 5
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by Gkemz: 1:23am On Jul 19, 2016
EFCC should probe this E.F.C.C results
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by FuckTheMods: 1:37am On Jul 19, 2016
ggirl4real:
Uniuyo! Hmm

I struggled to reach 4.49, best in my Faculty and Uniuyo wouldn't give me a Graduate Assistant job.

I wish I took time to have fun while in school. I feel like I wasted my time studying hard.
graduate assistant? Thats impossible if you were not in propinquity with the lecturers.
What did you study?
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by hardbody: 6:24am On Jul 19, 2016
Danhumprey:
SMH! undecided

I don't even know what to say. Come see students reading at night class like the world is about end tomorrow and yet see the results they have to show for all their reading.

Were they reading in the wrong direction? Just asking. It's not generally how much you read but the level of assimilation and application of contents in an examination environment.
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by hardbody: 6:32am On Jul 19, 2016
FuckTheMods:
graduate assistant? Thats impossible if you were not in propinquity with the lecturers.
What did you study?

Student should adopt my approach. Have fun and still come out well. It looked like I was gonna make a 2.2 so i was everywhere and did all sorts. I came to exams from nocturnal activities and all night parties. When the chips were down, i came out with something better.

I recall prof Dengas admonition, aim for a first class, you may end up with a 2.1 but don't forget to enjoy yourself, if you miss the grade dont miss the fun, let the university also pass through you.

Proud malabite for life.
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by hardbody: 6:34am On Jul 19, 2016
Okbaba:
Uniuyo is very notorious for this. Imagine in a whole faculty of Environmental studies comprising of over 6 depts not even a single student has ever graduated with first class since the inception of the school. Some of their lecturers are devil incarnate. I graduated with 3rd class but was far better than 2-1 graduates of other universities during my services year and even where I'm currently working. I almost missed my current job due to my poor result from Uniuyo if not for the pre-employment test they gave us. You study so hard only to get frustrated by wicked lecturers.
What pained me most was my measurement lecturer who tried so many times before he could pass professional exams,but on the contrary I cleared all papers on my first sitting. SHAME ON HIM/THEM FOR GIVING ME THIS INAPPROPRIATE GRADE.

Go back there and lecture and put the devil to shame grin
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by Icon4s(m): 6:39am On Jul 19, 2016
tmtech:
looks like CHM 201 result back then in OAU.. chai public sch mehn. u go suffer no be small

Jst also like CHM 201 of OSU in 1998 where my score of 57 was d highest in the whole faculty of science.
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by FuckTheMods: 7:29am On Jul 19, 2016
hardbody:

Student should adopt my approach. Have fun and still come out well. It looked like I was gonna make a 2.2 so i was everywhere and did all sorts. I came to exams from nocturnal activities and all night parties. When the chips were down, i came out with something better.

I recall prof Dengas admonition, aim for a first class, you may end up with a 2.1 but don't forget to enjoy yourself, if you miss the grade dont miss the fun, let the university also pass through you.

Proud malabite for life.
your last statement says it all.
UniCal na school?
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by mapet: 7:32am On Jul 19, 2016
cephaswizzy:

Out of about 100students dat offered dat course, about 70 of them FAILED. if abt 70pple out of 100pple taking a Course fails: My view is that its the LECTURER that has FAILED & not d students, because it only means the lecturer did not impact anything in them.
I'm out of that jungle alright but I think its time things change in that Alma Mata of mine, lecturers should stop releasing their frustrations on students!...
I hear pple talk about d amt of 1st Class graduates from UNILAG, Covenant or other universities in 9ja & d only thing dat comes to my mind is ; "thank God, them no come UNIUYO"... The truth is UNIUYO students can read for Africa ehnn... & a lot of very-very brilliant students graduate with a grade not proportional to what they shud have had becos of the wickedness from some lecturers in that compound.
There is one que I would like to ask all lecturers(help me ask them too pls);
IF EVERYBODY TAKING YOUR COURSE PASS, WILL YOU DIE?

"This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man." - Shakespeare

Bros,

Let's tell ourselves some home truth, this generation of youths are on the average lazy. We want quick fixes and don't want to pay the price. We want to take the fast lane. Blaming the lecturer is like living in fools paradise. University is not a place where you are taught like secondary school. You're expected to have attained a level of independence in capacity to study. There is a level of diligence that is necessary and no matter your claimed brilliance, your results at the end of the day determines how you're rated.
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by mapet: 7:39am On Jul 19, 2016
realmenrealhats:
How can i get authentic fake BSc certificate? See, my cousin is very skillful and very knowledgeable in his field that he has been working in for 5 years now. he has even trained many certificate-claimed engineers in the field. He is about to be dropped on account of his certification. Now, An opportunity has come for him, but he needs a B.sc certificate to back it up. He can very well defend himself practically and theoretically, but lacks the certificate. Times are hard now and one cannot let opportunities like this slip away. He is the breadwinner of 5 kids without a father and he is about to lose it all or get it all in this company. He has OND in political science and that is not a criterium for this job. so, how can he get an authentic fake Certificate ASAP? I no holy pass. we no want your preaching. even the president sef no get certificate. we no the implication but that is secondary at this time. if you have any clue abeg help realmenrealheart@gmail.com

It is unfortunate that as articulate as you are or sound, your mind is filled with intent to cheat.....

Tell your "skillful" cousin to go look for jobs that requires skill and not certificate
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by mapet: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2016
justhenry:
That result looks like EFCC result. so so E, F, C, C!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by mapet: 7:41am On Jul 19, 2016
ggirl4real:
Uniuyo! Hmm

I'm even sadder that they did not upgrade you to 4.50....pretty sad
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by deltateam: 7:50am On Jul 19, 2016
MadCow1:

Lalasticlala.. This is a thread worthy of the frontpage.

This is what the results in ALL Nigerian Universities would look like without sorting.

Shatap! Just shussh if you don't have any reasonable thing to say.
If you don't think before speaking better start now. What you are saying is that all the first class students sorted their results, abi?

Looking at that same result I saw 89, 74 and others. So how did they do it, truth is some students have given up on themselves already.

Students need to situp although some lecturers don't have what it takes to impact knowledge and would cover 2 topics in 30 minutes.
Nevertheless library, textbooks and other resources are at the disposal of students.
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by Antell95(m): 8:01am On Jul 19, 2016
Such result is a normality here in the department of Computer Science of the University of Uyo
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by Antell95(m): 8:08am On Jul 19, 2016
3kay945:
Read books, they won't. Study , they won't. Na so so facebooking, twitter etc. Why won't result be like this. cool

may t..hunder fire u down.

Your brain don format.
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by Antell95(m): 8:12am On Jul 19, 2016
MEGA4BILLION:
op, you need to also check results from faculty of science of that same institution, at times I do pity students from other faculties offering science courses as borrowed course.

COMPUTER SCIENCE is the worst.
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by MadCow1: 8:30am On Jul 19, 2016
deltateam:

Shatap! Just shussh if you don't have any reasonable thing to say.
If you don't think before speaking better start now. What you are saying is that all the first class students sorted their results, abi?

Looking at that same result I saw 89, 74 and others. So how did they do it, truth is some students have given up on themselves already.

Students need to situp although some lecturers don't have what it takes to impact knowledge and would cover 2 topics in 30 minutes.
Nevertheless library, textbooks and other resources are at the disposal of students.

Are you okay at all? undecided undecided undecided

What in my post are you arguing with exactly?

You are a classic proof of what I actually wrote. See how you jumped at the chance to disrespect me (whom you don't know and would never meet) for absolutely nothing. I bet you can't explain what rubbed you off the wrong way in my post.

Please move far biko, I just finished my breakfast, no time to entertain foolishness right now. Come back around 4:30pm

1 Like

Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by faruku104(m): 8:32am On Jul 19, 2016
abdulkayus:

In most uni in d north, a lecturer cant try that nonsense of bribing for mark or sex for marks. It is greatly abhore and look down upon in d north, that is y the lecturer dont even think toward it.
For u to even know that it aint common in the northern federal uni, most students dont know what sorting means. I got to know abt sorting when i was doin my NYSC at Anambra state, and discussin with fellow corp members that grad from d southern federal uni.

looooooool I schooled in the north... Kaduna state uni to be precise.... we knew the underground shit that went on with lecturers and female students. also the male students who spend huge bribing lecturers. students who tell u they dunno what sorting is r pretenders!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 19, 2016
ggirl4real:
Uniuyo! Hmm

Likewise Me...4.41
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by SmartThief(m): 8:53am On Jul 19, 2016
hey!! that shit is everywhere...if uniyo is bad...UNN is worst!...try asking a UNN student about thermodynamics or Engine drawing or still poetry?( just calling a few...the mentioned courses produces a mininum of 50Fs per department.) the problem is that too much flexing dey block brain...even with all the Fs and Es cycling everywhere...one smart person go still from nowhere smash!! so more studying less flexing...dont be intimidated...na person write am.
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 19, 2016
cephaswizzy:

Out of about 100students dat offered dat course, about 70 of them FAILED. if abt 70pple out of 100pple taking a Course fails: My view is that its the LECTURER that has FAILED & not d students, because it only means the lecturer did not impact anything in them.
I'm out of that jungle alright but I think its time things change in that Alma Mata of mine, lecturers should stop releasing their frustrations on students!...
I hear pple talk about d amt of 1st Class graduates from UNILAG, Covenant or other universities in 9ja & d only thing dat comes to my mind is ; "thank God, them no come UNIUYO"... The truth is UNIUYO students can read for Africa ehnn... & a lot of very-very brilliant students graduate with a grade not proportional to what they shud have had becos of the wickedness from some lecturers in that compound.
There is one que I would like to ask all lecturers(help me ask them too pls);
IF EVERYBODY TAKING YOUR COURSE PASS, WILL YOU DIE?

someone scored A.....wherr r u
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by isaacodo: 9:49am On Jul 19, 2016
I noticed a lot of 40's in the scores which should have been E's but were entered as F's . It seems the Lecturer wanted many f his students to fail.
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by Mucokey(m): 9:50am On Jul 19, 2016
Antell95:
Such result is a normality here in the department of Computer Science of the University of Uyo

Did I just read u mentioned computer science? Lucky u that the devil incarnation in Dr. Moses has left him...talk about the courses he's taken us in...especially that dreaded course [CURSE] of his : Simulation! Damn!! We the '07 class that took it in 2012 session...even as he asked us to consult any material not excluding the use of laptop and internet for over 30mins after our question papers had been distributed...we just met brick-wall for the fact that most of his questions are being solved for him via 'Mathimatica'....how most of us scaled thru that course still baffles me..
'07 class I hail

1 Like

Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by hardbody: 9:50am On Jul 19, 2016
FuckTheMods:
your last statement says it all.
UniCal na school?

Very brilliant question.

UNICAL is NOT a school, it is a UNIVERSITY with schools and faculties. One of the third generation universities that have continued to quietly build and model leaders. Not living in past glory but churning out some graduates miles better than you. I am hoping you are a graduate and not a product of some rustic school somewhere.

Before you get it mixed up, i hold some other post graduate degrees from other highly rated universities in this country so i can speak from various sides of the divide.

You want to descend into the arena? I am very ready. Let's show the world what skills our various universities instilled in us.
Re: A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria by isaacodo: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2016
AS you can see, The Lecturers Mentality is to fail everyone , he or she would have noticed there obvious E's, May be he or she makes so much from blocking or sorting. This why such Universities are always rated badly Worldwide..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of A Man Teaching Computer In Ghanaian Village School Goes Viral / What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? / FUTMINNA Lecturer Give Empty Hall A Test As He Resumes 2023 To An Empty Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.