Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) (41423 Views)

Choir Master Relaxes With Busty Lady On A Beach In Akwa Ibom, See Reactions / Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! / Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Sweetlemon(f): 12:14am On Jul 19, 2016
cruzyteejay:
Like the community doesn't have a king?.......is this done publicly or a blown up secret?,things are really happening,but I smell something fishy......how come the international community already heard it,and a governor in nigeria interviewed about it,but some of us just heard about it today.....anyway,anything that is "BAD" is "BAD",irrespective of the perpetrator.

ON THE OTHER HAND

Am not surprised,neither am I pleading with anybody not to call them PASTORS..........cus our holy book "THE BIBLE" says that in the last days,that many fake prophet will come preaching and performing miracles in my name.....................xo they can go on,and this is to say......

Oga it's not just one community but the entire state practices this.
And oh did you call them fake pastors? But if these were Muslims you would have being cursing the entire religion. Shame on you!
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by soberdrunk(m): 12:18am On Jul 19, 2016
Let me categorically state here that i Sobedrunk and all my imaginary fans do not in anyway support "murder", now to all of u screaming "Africa" n "black man" its obvious that ur knowledge of history is very very poor! The number of people oyibo killed on allegation of "witchcraft" is enough to form 1 country"
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Sweetlemon(f): 12:40am On Jul 19, 2016
soberdrunk:
Let me categorically state here that i Sobedrunk and all my imaginary fans do not in anyway support "murder", now to all of u screaming "Africa" n "black man" its obvious that ur knowledge of history is very very poor! The number of people oyibo killed on allegation of "witchcraft" is enough to form 1 country"

But they stopped that since centuties ago! When are we going to catch up with the rest of the world?
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by JustHere2Observ(f): 12:43am On Jul 19, 2016
And we wonder why prayers are not being answered.
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Oyibo80(m): 12:45am On Jul 19, 2016
gatiano:
The idea of witches came from europe by the europeans and arabs.

African Traditions do not perform human-sacrifice, it was the Black priests who got into catholism and what not that wrote such things under ther guidance of the european bosses.

Are there human sacrifices for rituals happening now? Yes. Who is behind it? it is the oyibo/oyinbo.

How does human parts for sacrifices creates money? That is just in the movies sponsored mainly by indians or lebanese. In human sacrifices, They are in reality harvesting peoples' organs, and exporting them for sick oyibo consumption. Oyibo/oyinbo's body is failing at a very alarming rate, they need body parts, and the best body parts are the melanated ones. It is the only one that cost money. I will not lie, Black people are in it too selling fellow Blacks' body parts.

Take care very much of yourself and family and friends. It is will very more from now.

Sorry, but you make me join the forum just for your post. It's one of the most funny that I had never read before. Yes, I'm an Oyibo in Nigeria, at the moment.
Yes, it's true that the idea of witches come from Europe: like Christianity, itself. But we don't follow these idea since the last 150 years, more or less. Many people die and all of that was innocently, also if a sort of collective psychosis probably make people confess things that are just in their mind, and others doing horrible things. Belief and words are not just that, if they can change our world by acting following these words. In very concretely ways, sometimes horrible ways.
As we don't see any single wizard from the last 150 years, we don't die of sickness caused by witchcraft also without praying for be saved. We are not poor also without asking God to make us rich. We don't have more than one church per areas. Maybe this can make you some reflection.
About the video, somebody else just reply that it's an old one and the government just take some actions - so, we discuss about nothing, now. But, more time I stay here, more I'm surprised of the spread of racism around. We invent, from nothing, with the colonial rule in Nigeria, the "ethnic groups", but not only people still believe in it here, but are ready to fight for tham. That's hilarious. When in Europe and in America we never talk of borders, when we have multi-nationals runs from a country to another, when we are also afraid of calling someone "a Spanish" or "a French"... people here still fight for divide a nation (really? In 2016?) or call the white man "oyibo" when they move around. Nobody in Europe can call a black guy "nigger". You know why? Because we are less racist than many people here.
But coming to the post, that's the funny part. So, we (white man) make ritual and we need part of your body to our loosy bodies. Really, are you serious? And exactly how big is your medical knowledge to think like that? And exactly how the organs will travel to Europe or America and will be usable? Also just trying to taking seriously your post, you are funny. But, thank you. I was annoyed before your post.
P.S. I've also to apologise with you, gatiano, because I don't look to your other contributors before. The colonial history it's a guilty and nothing can be enough to be excused. We are full of books in Europe and American with detailed records of what happened; at least since the '70s, because of Marxism and post-colonialism. Anyway, your grievance make you the equivalent of the K.K.K., in black, and no words can be probably spent for you. Others nigerians, by the way, are not like you. Anyone have a mind and I'm sure that also because of internet, things will change in the next 20 years.

3 Likes

Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 19, 2016
It seems God is enjoying the suffering of man since he's too lazy to do _shit.
Every time I hear of Africans brutalizing other Africans and their own people in general I take it as population and resource control. Even our leaders're guilty of it. Several reports've surfaced over the years of state-run ethnic cleansing exercises from Angola to Kenya, Nigeria to Congo, South Africa to Libya, the list goes on.
We humans always look for a reason to fight and kill, I guess peace is too boring to sustain for long periods.

1 Like

Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by yinkhar(f): 1:36am On Jul 19, 2016
If truly they are witches gan sef, he is supposed to convert them by preaching to them and letting them see the light. Can he give the lives he is taking? The himself must b a wizard, he needs to be killed jare
I just wish 'm God's PA (personal assistant), i will suffer this man ehn and will never show him forgiveness.
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Lukay99: 2:12am On Jul 19, 2016
skylarr:
Hmmm... Such an unfortunate occurence. If this was in the north, the story would have been trending on twitter, on all social media, print media. the whole country would almost be torn to bits. We need to be objective and not sentimental in this country irrespective of tribe or religion.

You're so right, plus they will also find a way to blame it on Islam and prophet Muhammad(saw) if this should happen in the Northern Nigeria
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Lukay99: 2:35am On Jul 19, 2016
edwife:

Stop lamenting everywhere, not like i am condoning the killings but are those kids muslims? undecided

How many Muslims these Christian Pastors have killed? How many mosques Christians have destroyed? How many cattle's Christians have stole or killed from Muslims? How many Christians have left their places and go straight to a market place to bombard people they have no affiliation with?

Y'all talking to the wrong person, what if i am an atheist? Hypocrites my foot! Keep looking for something to justify evil.

Listen to yourself (aka wrong person) you just proved exactly what he/she is saying, he/she is not condoning the actions of terrorist neither am I, but the truth is that if these should have happened in the Northern Nigeria by Muslim imam, (maybe not you ) but many non muslims will not just blame the said evil actions but they will mostly blame Islam and prophet Muhammad(saw) but if you read the comments again you'll see that muslims are not blaming the evil act by the so called pastors on Christianity because we know better

3 Likes

Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by geraldmartins(m): 3:04am On Jul 19, 2016
fear of fake pastor prayer prostitution is d beginning of wisdom
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by kennethik: 4:44am On Jul 19, 2016
Must the killer finished all the children before someone can mention names in akwa ibom about this atrocity,somebody has to take responsibly of this nonsense period
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Dee1murphy(m): 5:28am On Jul 19, 2016
What happened to CAN ?
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by IamTheAlmighty(m): 5:30am On Jul 19, 2016
omenka:
Sometimes the border line between man and beast becomes so blurred you can hardly know the difference.

What sort of barbarians do this to children??

The other day, someone posts pictures of starving kids in IDP camps in the NE and all someone who "assumes" he's human could come up with was: "Hahahaha- karma is a biitch- blablabla".

I sat back and wondered why God should allow such things live amongst men- such a guy would surely see nothing wrong with an act like this.

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCE is a child supposed to suffer- breaks my heart so badly.

I don't comment much on Nairaland, and I've never agreed with your political stance, but only an idiot would disagree with what you posted here.

People should learn not to involve children in their political, ethnic and religious bigotry.

How can a sane person revel in the suffering of a child?

The kind of characters i encounter on Nairaland every time I come online just makes me depressed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 19, 2016
gatiano:
The idea of witches came from europe by the europeans and arabs.

African Traditions do not perform human-sacrifice, it was the Black priests who got into catholism and what not that wrote such things under ther guidance of the european bosses.

Are there human sacrifices for rituals happening now? Yes. Who is behind it? it is the oyibo/oyinbo.

How does human parts for sacrifices creates money? That is just in the movies sponsored mainly by indians or lebanese. In human sacrifices, They are in reality harvesting peoples' organs, and exporting them for sick oyibo consumption. Oyibo/oyinbo's body is failing at a very alarming rate, they need body parts, and the best body parts are the melanated ones. It is the only one that cost money. I will not lie, Black people are in it too selling fellow Blacks' body parts.

Take care very much of yourself and family and friends. It is will very more from now.

This post might rank as one of the greatest lies ever! Indigenous African tradition didn't involve human sacrifice Chai!!!!

Too many afrocentric people who tend to picture our African ancestors as saints. Arrant fuckery!

1 Like

Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by ihedioramma: 5:50am On Jul 19, 2016
na y o
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Buikechukwu35(m): 5:55am On Jul 19, 2016
Thats why i hate religion Christian/Muslim are the MAin problem
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by glossy6(f): 5:56am On Jul 19, 2016
EVILFOREST:
BLACK man is a Notifiable disease.

BISHOP OYEDEPO is their Role model..., he did a related thing few years back.

Please enlighten us on Oyedepo's activities or roles.
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 19, 2016
Most of the posts here show that we Nigerians know very little of our history.

This region has been practising similar acts long before the arrival of Christian missionaries to that region. E.g. sacrifice of slaves whenever a king or chief died and killing of twins.

It's obvious that Nigerians practice a syncretism of Christianity and the preexisting traditional religion. It's why we take juju, witches etc very seriously. Conversion to xtianity is relatively recent (~200 yrs ago) so it's natural that elements of the old belief linger in the new.

The is less obvious in the North because Islam got into the north almost 1000 years earlier. Nevertheless, it wasn't until the recent Usman Dan Fodio jihad that a purer form of Islam became prevalent.

However, this doesn't absolve Christianity or Islam of barbarism. Their history is rife with stuff worse than this.

In sum, all forms of religion remain bullshit primarily because it favours faith over reason, and promotes inequality (men vs women, believers vs heathens etc).
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by fapcrook(m): 6:10am On Jul 19, 2016
I wonder which is more devilish of the two religions. I see no difference between the pastors and Islamic terrorists, they are both killers in the name of religion, too bad

2 Likes

Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by blackpanda: 6:11am On Jul 19, 2016
edwife:
Please remove that name pastors when you are referring to these murderers.What I don't understand is why do they keep rooming the streets and nothing is done about them? Why is no one talking? What kind of backwardness is this?

And this has nothing to do with religion but the heart of wicked humans who use religion in order to deceive ignorant people.Religion does not preach violence but people do.

There is no point trying to absolve pastors from this. U seem to think they are angels, when we have many devils parading as pastors. If this was done my an imam now am very sure you will agree with the OP.

And this is part of our problem in naija. We use every excuse to shield our own from justice. Yes they are pastors. They have followers. And they kill children in the name of witchcraft. Didnt oyedepo slap a woman for being a witch?? Abeggi leave matter

Religion is not but a tool of control used by a few to dominate the majority

4 Likes

Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by mfujah(m): 6:19am On Jul 19, 2016
uncontrollable tears just dropping while watching this hilarious video.... oluwa o... this kind tins still dey happen for this country....
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by glossy6(f): 6:23am On Jul 19, 2016
ollah1:

You wouldn't have said this if he was muslim cleric. The pages of this thread is filled with attacks to a particular person and that's the said pastor. Nobody not one person is attacking "Christianity".

It would have been bloody if this guy is a Muslim talk more of an Imam.

Christians are hypopcrites

Sweetlemon:

Oga it's not just one community but the entire state practices this.
And oh did you call them fake pastors? But if these were Muslims you would have being cursing the entire religion. Shame on you!

The reasons why Christians seem to be hypocrites to you is that the Bible did not support the pastor as he is meant to caste out the demons and not KILL. The ten commandments have "thou shall not kill" as a commandment. What the pastor did is outside his rules of engagement as a pastor. Yes he did wrong but not with the backing of Christ nor the Bible.

You can't compare with the Quranic injunctions outlined below.

obialinaeze:
The Hadith:

1. Hadith 1:13-- " I have been ordered by Allah to fight with people till

they bear testimony to the fact that there is no God but Allah."

2. Hadith 1.24 "Narrated Ibn `Umar: Allah's Apostle said: "I have been

ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that

none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad

is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers"

3. Hadith 1.25"Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle was asked,

" What is the best deed ?" He replied, "To believe in Allah and His

Apostle (Muhammad). The questioner then asked, "What is the next

(in goodness)? He replied, " To participate in Jihad (religious

fighting ) in Allah's Cause."

4. Hadith 19:4294 " Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a

holy war ."

5. Hadith 1:35 "The person who participates in Allah's cause (namely,

in battle). . will be recompensed by Allah either with reward or booty

or will be admitted to Paradise ."

6. Hadith 9:4 " Wherever you find infidels kill them; for whoever kills

them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection ."

7. Hadith 9:50, 57 "No Umma (a member of Muslim community)

should be killed for killing a Kafir (an infidel). . Whoever changes his

Islamic religion, kill him ."

8. Sahih Muslim 4363: "You (the Jews) should know that the earth

belongs to Allah and His Apostle and I wish to expel you from this

land (Arabia)

9. Sahih Muslim 4366 Narrated by Umar ibn al-Khattab. Umar heard

the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: I will expel the

Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave

any but Muslims

That's why Christians cannot separate the average Muslim 's action from their religion.

You now know why

CHRISTIANS ARE NOT HYPOCRITES
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Lucasinho(m): 6:28am On Jul 19, 2016
Pprovost:
I GIVE UP ON RELIGION!!!

I am not an atheist (I know God do exists) but I just wish our society agrees with the atheists on some certain things.

Sorry u r moving with no direction.
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by AnanseK(m): 6:35am On Jul 19, 2016
That is Christianity in Nigeria. The Pastors are leading in rape and murders and the congregation accept.

1 Like

Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 19, 2016
gatiano:
christianity is a disease. More severe than all of the earthly disease combined, after that is arabdized Islam, infact all religion facilitated by the non-blacks are all diseases.

What do you mean only oyibo is doing something? wake up from the illusion op, they are the ones actually doing it and controlling the process.
Who said Black people are not doing nothing about it? That is because we don't take cameras and videos to broadcast it. The reason why the oyibo do that is to boost their supremacy, nothing more.

You want to stop this craze this week? simple- ban all non-ingidinous religions from Africa. Obatan, Happiness and peace would begin to rain again in Africa.
My brother stop attaching emotions to things n face the truth as it is...who "stopped" killing of twins in calabar?thats just 1 case among many others and its not pecuilar to africa

1 Like

Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Niyinficient(m): 7:18am On Jul 19, 2016
You guys will quickly adjudge any pastor to something evil....when they do anything good....u condemned dem....when pastor is mentioned in any bad story...you guys jump for joy....too bad. If TB Joshua show any kindness, you all label him ritualist drawing people to satan with charity...if Oyedepo or Adeboye make attempt to change lives...you guys call them thieves....well, truly, the end is near....the bible predicted all these attacks on Christians.

moreover, does that dude there look like a pastor to you guys?
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Bobbywallexino(m): 7:30am On Jul 19, 2016
Our pastor has gone mad again
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Adisa89(m): 7:30am On Jul 19, 2016
This is genocide.
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by edwife(f): 7:40am On Jul 19, 2016
Lukay99:

Listen to yourself (aka wrong person) you just proved exactly what he/she is saying, he/she is not condoning the actions of terrorist neither am I, but the truth is that if these should have happened in the Northern Nigeria by Muslim imam, (maybe not you ) but many non muslims will not just blame the said evil actions but they will mostly blame Islam and prophet Muhammad(saw) but if you read the comments again you'll see that muslims are not blaming the evil act by the so called pastors on Christianity because we know better

So why is my comment tormenting y'all.Go and cry to the people that blame your people and not me. I say what i want to say and if none of you is happy about it,it should be your cup of tea and not mine.

If you knew better as you claim, you would have ignore my comment but that will not stop me from saying what i want to say.It is not about Religion but the people who misinterpret the scripture. cheesy

blackpanda:

There is no point trying to absolve pastors from this. U seem to think they are angels, when we have many devils parading as pastors. If this was done my an imam now am very sure you will agree with the OP.
And this is part of our problem in naija. We use every excuse to shield our own from justice. Yes they are pastors. They have followers. And they kill children in the name of witchcraft. Didnt oyedepo slap a woman for being a witch?? Abeggi leave matter
Religion is not but a tool of control used by a few to dominate the majority

Nobody is absolving anything, if you really knew what I stand for and not based on my comment, you will know that i am the last person that worship "pastors" and that is why I don't call them pastors or men of God, I know one when i see one.Like i said before, it is not about religion!

Take this to the bank and become a millionaire. wink
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by mu2sa2: 7:46am On Jul 19, 2016
koolaid87:

Yes Musa! I was expecting foolish people like you here...Where were you when the female redeemer evangelist was murdered? Too bad you wouldn't stand up to condemn your people's evil deeds. Useless Poo

Meanwhile, I expect all the christian association to look into this heinous crime being perpetrated on these little kids. I shouldn't, however anticipate much from you exploiters because nothing was done to Baba winners (sorry, I couldn't call him a pastor) for slapping a little girl all in the name of being a witch.

I sorry for Nigeria and our imported religion

God save those little Angels.
Maybe you are one of the crooks masquerading as "men of god" .So i'm not surprised that you didn't refute the message but mischievously resort to attacking the messenger. As for the unfortunate woman killed in Abuja while on "morning cry", even her husband admits he cannot say who murdered her but you come here to amplify rumours you pick up from your ogogoro joints.
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by hahn(m): 7:50am On Jul 19, 2016
cococandy:

Really? cry cry cry

Oh my god. cry cry

I don't have the heart to watch the video. Gosh.

It's an old video. Saw it already two years ago. That boy that was saved by that Dannish lady was a product of that video.

Christians just won't admit that there are Christian terrorists among us. I am sure they are okay with it since Jehovah is doing nothing about it, why should they?

undecided
Re: Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) by Dejideji1(m): 8:04am On Jul 19, 2016
hahn:
This is the kind of mentality kingebukasblog, winner01, dejideji1, malvisguy22, fynestboi, deepsight, opeaceo etc support.

As long as he is killing in the name of Jesus and Jehovah then it is alright. Afterall, god works in mysterious ways.

If you ask them why god will allow such things to happen they will start throwing insults. God must enjoy self-servicing while innocent kids are killed in it's name daily. One of those kids in that video had a nail run through her head simply because of a mere accussation. Jehovah be praised

undecided

You are wrong bro, we don't have such mentality. And the actions of those pastors are not justified by the Bible.

There is no verse in the Bible where Jesus supported the execution of witches, rather we should pray for them and deliver them.

And do not be deceived Bro, for Jesus said in Matthew 7:21 (“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven".)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

29 Born Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates / Ben 10 And Other Cartoons Are Demonic For Children / Flood Destroys Property In Balogun, Lagos. Residents Go Into Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.