Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Of Zombies And Pokemon - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Of Zombies And Pokemon (1348 Views)

Pokemon Go Guide Free Coins 99999999 No Survey / Teacher Gives Up Job ‘to Become Full-time Pokemon Go Player’ / Everything You Need To Know About Pokemon Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of Zombies And Pokemon by nuwell(m): 8:24am On Jul 19, 2016
I need an explanation, please.

First of all, I don't believe in Zombies. Although it seems to be an economically viable theme exploited by Hollywood, there's no such thing as walking undead, since it is appointed unto man to die once and afterwards be judged.

But perhaps the Zombie Apocalypse that Hollywood has been predicting for a while now is about to become a reality.

Or how do you explain that a 'game' has now been designed which requires people to run all over the place, their gaze riveted to the screens of their mobile devices, literally chasing shadows - virtual figures that they alone are aware of - at risk of killing or maiming themselves from colliding with objects or other humans, all in the name of entertainment? Let's talk less of the dangers of getting lost, kidnapped etc

I don't deny the ingenuity behind such an interaction, afterall, the concept has launched its innovator into the global limelight and made him custodian of the contents of several bank vaults.

It is bad enough that instant messaging has spawned a generation of absent-minded, screen-addicted individuals with more virtual than real relationships in today's world. Now, people will endanger themselves by following randomly generated directions (in my opinion) all about their city.

Nigerians are never far behind a trend, so I can only imagine that as soon as this game is available in Nigeria....(the rest can be left to the imagination)

Imagine diong this on the streets of Lagos! Make them try am for Oshodi na.

If I have misconstrued what Pokemon Go! is all about, please feel free to set me straight. I simply don't get what all the hype is. Anyone, please.
Re: Of Zombies And Pokemon by Ishilove: 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2016
Yes, I'm wondering what this pokemon craze is all about. It seems odd and very insidious.
Re: Of Zombies And Pokemon by MrPresident1: 8:24am On Jul 20, 2016
Ishilove:
Yes, I'm wondering what this pokemon craze is all about. It seems odd and very insidious.

Read the last verse of the last chapter of Isaiah then you will understand the future of the people who hate God.
Re: Of Zombies And Pokemon by Creamish(f): 8:51am On Jul 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Me too.. Checked for the game on Google app but its not there..I only saw tips for the game.. My onyibo pals won't lemme rest.. Pokemon go everywhere..
Re: Of Zombies And Pokemon by nuwell(m): 8:49am On Jul 21, 2016
Insidious is the word indeed, Ishilove. But we'll worry about that when the hype that accompanies novelties as this dies down, and people have had opportunity to give second thoughts to this new obsession
Re: Of Zombies And Pokemon by nuwell(m): 9:48am On Jul 26, 2016
An apt illustration of the case in point... lipsrsealed undecided

(1) (Reply)

Dream League 2019 / Neatly Used Ps4 sold / I Need A Good Gaming PC From 150k-180k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.