Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone (2611 Views)

Vladimir Putin Sworn In For 4th Term, Rides In New Russian-Made Limo / Ordinary Russian-made Sunflower Radar Is Capable Of Detecting F-35 Jets / ISIS Reportedly Shot Down Russian Jet In Northern Syria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by OAUTemitayo: 10:03am On Jul 19, 2016
The Israel Defense Forces said Sunday that it failed in three attempts to shoot down an unidentified drone aircraft that entered Israeli airspace from Syria on Sunday.
As well as the two Patriot surface-to-air missiles that were officially announced and clearly visible in the sky, a military official told Channel 2 television that a third attempt came from an air-to-air missile fired by an Israeli fighter jet.
Share to Facebook Share via
Whatsapp
READ MORE ON: IDF Israel Defense Forces ,
Golan Heights , Syria, Syrian civil war , Patriot missiles , UAV Unmanned Aerial Vehicles ,
Hezbollah , Russia-Syria relations, Assad regime
According to the IDF, the origin of the drone wasn’t clear, but the army is trying to ascertain whether it had been sent by the Lebanon-based Hezbollah terror group, which is currently fighting alongside the forces of Syrian President Bashar Assad, Channel 2 television reported.
The army believes that the UAV was Russian-made, Channel 2 said.
Security forces
examine debris
from Patriot
Missiles fired at
an unidentified
drone that
entered Israeli
airspace from
Syria, July 17,
Security forces examine debris from Patriot Missiles fired at an unidentified drone that entered Israeli airspace from Syria, July 17, 2016. (Basel Awidat/Flash90)
Hezbollah-linked Lebanese fighter Anes al-Naqqash claimed on Twitter on Sunday that the drone had indeed been sent by his Shiite terror group, and said it had just begun photographing army maneuvers in the Golan when it was shot at and turned back. The tweet was flagged by Yossi Mansharof, an expert from the Ezri Center at the University of Haifa, who tracks Hezbollah movements.
Russia, which is helping Assad maintain his grip on the country after more than five years of civil war, regularly sends its warplanes on sorties in Syria, ostensibly against the Islamic State group. It is also accused, however, of striking targets belonging to opposition forces that are seeking to oust the Assad regime.
Israel fired anti-aircraft missiles at the drone, but failed to bring down the intruding aircraft. The IDF said in a statement that neither of the two Patriot missiles it launched had managed to hit the drone, which returned to Syrian airspace.
The Israeli Air Force scrambled fighter jets in the Golan Heights following the launch, the Ynet news website reported.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-we-tried-and-failed-3-times-to-bring-down-drone-over-golan/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by OAUTemitayo: 10:05am On Jul 19, 2016
So much for the supposedly best anti aircraft missile in the world.
If this cant bring down a drone, how will it bring down sophisticated fighter jets.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by OAUTemitayo: 10:07am On Jul 19, 2016
So much for Hollywood brainwashed Missy89, vedaxcool and valerian steel. Some people have been scammed.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by seunny4lif(m): 11:19am On Jul 19, 2016
grin grin
Where my General ooooooh grin grin grin
Sir, come and see news o oooh
All the advance missiles no fit shoot down common UAV grin grin grin made by our Mother Russia grin grin grin

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Appleyard(m): 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
So much for Hollywood brainwashed Missy89, vedaxcool and valerian steel.
Some people have been scammed.
Please pardon my wife, she has been living in propaganda republic since 1822.... grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Appleyard(m): 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
So much for the supposedly best anti aircraft missile in the world.
If this cant bring down a drone, how will it bring down sophisticated fighter jets.
America is good at weaponry, but the thing that work best in them, is the HYPE. Many folks have been scammed big time when they hear billions of Dollars spent on a particular weapon. They believe that since the money is big, the weapon must be the best. That's the kind of honking you have among some folks down here.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Appleyard(m): 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
Scully95, Nairaminted, Zoharariel, Cyprus000, food is ready, my wife Missy is at the table. : D

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Missy89(f): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2016
Appleyard:
Missy is at the table. : D

Sorry but you cant even marry my puppy yet. You need to get rid of that hat first and stop posing for pictures inside dilapidated buildings. Lol wink
Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by phrenology: 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
Just like during the gulf war, the patriot missile deployed to Israel failed miserably in shooting down Iraqi scud missiles aimed at Israel. The Israeli ratings of the missile was 1/10 but the Pentagon rated it 8/10 in what many will later see to be a fat LIE when an Iraqi scud missiles which struck at an army base in Qatar, led to the death of over 28 American soldiers.
Why am I not surprised that this is happening again? grin grin

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Appleyard(m): 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2016
Missy89:

Sorry but you cant even marry my puppy yet. You need to get rid of that hat first and stop posing for pictures inside dilapidated buildings. Lol wink

Oh dearie cheesy. That's the same dilapidated building am going to bring you into, after I have successfully divorce you from that monstrous robot spread across your misted profile, that has been ravaging your feminine medulla. wink

Don't you worry dear, daddy is on the way coming. One love baby. wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by scully95: 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
Appleyard:
Scully95, Nairaminted, Zoharariel, Cyprus000, food is ready, my wife Missy is at the table. : D

grin grin grin patriot missile is the most useless anti-missile defense system in the world, it's part of the junks washingtonis selling/sold, a scam. same applies to the junk they are putting in romania. also useless and only fairly ok at offensive and this is the only reason russia is voicing out cos the missiles can easily be changed to fire long range and russia needed to quickly answer or take care of the useless defense system in romania and soon in poland.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Appleyard(m): 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2016
phrenology:
Just like during the gulf war, the patriot missile deployed to Israel failed miserably in shooting down Iraqi scud missiles aimed at Israel. The Israeli ratings of the missile was 1/10 but the Pentagon rated it 8/10 in what many will later see to be a fat LIE when an Iraqi scud missiles which struck at an army base in Qatar, led to the death of over 28 American soldiers.
Why am I not surprised that this is happening again? grin grin

Dear phrenology, can you please create a department of "restorelogy" to accommodate and help depropagandized my rebellious and Langley's incarcerated lost wife, Missy-hate till-nigh? wink You know how I feel about her, pleaseeeeee. cool

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Appleyard(m): 7:54pm On Jul 19, 2016
scully95:

grin grin grin patriot missile is the most useless anti-missile defense system in the world, it's part of the junks washingtonis selling/sold, a scam. same applies to the junk they are putting in romania. also useless and only fairly ok at offensive and this is the only reason russia is voicing out cos the missiles can easily be changed to fire long range and russia needed to quickly answer or take care of the useless defense system in romania and soon in poland.

grin The epic failure of the Missile is no longer in doubt. From Iraq and now to Israel; the Patriot has become the Traitor.grin But you hardly can blame the missile which have decided to "speak the truth," especially when you consider the unbridled mendacious Jingoism emanating from the likes of VampireSteel, MissyDenial, (am still fighting to deprogram her though). The poor missile couldn't help telling the truth, as everyone is hustling to make it to heaven, and the unpatriotic missile doesn't want to be left behind as a source of deception and propaganda. Hence, the fowl dubbed as an eagle, decided to tell it's true nature, in line with God's word;
"yeah shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.." cool

Now, the patriot is free from her bondage, while the rest continue in their blind man's propaganda narrative..grin

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Obi901: 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2016
This is not just about the patriot defense, this drone also evaded an air to air missile from a fighter jet. How's that possible. Am thinking Russia is testing a new toy in Syria, and a very dangerous one too. Hezbollah can't do this.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by OAUTemitayo: 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
Obi901:
This is not just about the patriot defense, this drone also evaded an air to air missile from a fighter jet. How's that possible. Am thinking Russia is testing a new toy in Syria, and a very dangerous one too. Hezbollah can't do this.
Imagine. Only for Missy89 and her raping team to start drillers to start running their mouth like leaking taps.
Imagine, their air to air missiles can't even shoot down a Russian drone

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by phrenology: 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
Appleyard:

Dear phrenology, can you please create a department of "restorelogy" to accommodate and help depropagandized my rebellious and Langley's incarcerated lost wife, Missy-hate till-nigh? wink You know how I feel about her, pleaseeeeee. cool
cheesy cheesy I will commence proceedings immediately

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Yourskills(m): 10:24pm On Jul 19, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Appleyard(m): 11:31pm On Jul 19, 2016
phrenology:
cheesy cheesy I will commence proceedings immediately
,cheesy Good boy... cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 19, 2016
When we came out & said everything about Amerika is over-hyped, overrated, over-promoted & overpriced; Lucasbalo - The chicago based bottom of the barrel money-doubler & ValerianSteel - The jewish scumbag said we were suffering from the “Hate Amerika Syndrome”. grin

A lie only gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on - Winston Churchill. grin

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by ValerianSteel(m): 5:43am On Jul 20, 2016
So what things fail all the time.Unfortunately Israeli made MDS hasn't been deployed to Golan yet,they have proven more effective against such threats.

I can see your link is TOI,goes to show your anti-American googling skills.What a wonderful filter you must have that feeds you with these kinds of news.

1 Like

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Lucasbalo(m): 8:08am On Jul 20, 2016
Zoharariel:
When we came out & said everything about Amerika is over-hyped, overrated, over-promoted & overpriced; Lucasbalo - The chicago based bottom of the barrel money-doubler & ValerianSteel - The jewish scumbag said we were suffering from the “Hate Amerika Syndrome”. grin

A lie only gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on - Winston Churchill. grin
Like I said, you are a mental dwarf. Keep me out of your useless war chants. I want nothing to do with it. It's not my cup of coffee. Obviously you are so whacked . I don't care about all your war machines. I am a pacifist. If you are so eager for war, Boko Haram is waiting for you in your own country.

1 Like

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by scully95: 8:18am On Jul 20, 2016
Zoharariel:

grin grin grin grin you are always on point.. grin grin grin grin those ones are living in denial as usual.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by seagulsntrawler: 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
gringringrin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by seagulsntrawler: 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2016
Obi901:
You are right about the drone evading air to air missiles, fired from Israeli helicopters and a jet fighter. Hezzbollah actually sent the drone on reconnaissance mission from its base in the Qalamon region. The history of the drone is indeed very intriguing. Iran brought down an Israeli-American made drone in 2012 and reverse engineered it to the drone causing Israel so much headache today. Debka file is claiming that Iran got assistance from the Chinese to be able to do that. Nevertheless, it only proves that US and western weaponry are overrated and grossly incompetent. gringringrin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Obi901: 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
@seagulsntrawler
. Thanks for the clear up. But how come the air to air missile missed. I thought they lock on to the target before shooting, especially since you said Iran shot down a drone with similar technology. Some say the missile exploded before getting to the drone, something is wrong with this story.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by seagulsntrawler: 11:16pm On Jul 20, 2016
Obi901:
@seagulsntrawler
. Thanks for the clear up. But how come the air to air missile missed. I thought they lock on to the target before shooting, especially since you said Iran shot down a drone with similar technology. Some say the missile exploded before getting to the drone, something is wrong with this story.
The drone had was able to evade the missiles through some deft manouvre. Iran, with the acquisition of the s300 will have the best air defence system in the middle east. They already have the bavar A-A defence system in their possession. A replica of the Israeli drone that was shot down was given to a Russian defence chief on official visit to Tehran. Its true they must lock onto their target but I suspect the drone may have something close to an anti-access/ area denial (A2/AD) on board. Perhaps, some advanced electronics it possess gave it that exceptional capability. It could be the reason why the Israelis are accusing the Chinese of being behind it.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Appleyard(m): 11:28pm On Jul 20, 2016
seagulsntrawler:

You are right about the drone evading air to air missiles, fired from Israeli helicopters and a jet fighter. Hezzbollah actually sent the drone on reconnaissance mission from its base in the Qalamon region. The history of the drone is indeed very intriguing. Iran brought down an Israeli-American made drone in 2012 and reverse engineered it to the drone causing Israel so much headache today. Debka file is claiming that Iran got assistance from the Chinese to be able to do that. Nevertheless, it only proves that US and western weaponry are overrated and grossly incompetent. gringringrin

Magrev technology at work. cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by NairaMinted: 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
grin grin grin
I'll be back at this thread in a minute.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 21, 2016
Obi901:
Yeah the Russians have tested a lot of new weapons since Septt 2015 but this very one may not be a test really. Maybe they are sending a message to Israel? You know the Russians don't talk. They are not the type that will tell their neighbour hey if you do this, we will do that. No. They don't tell you what they are capable of doing. They just show you what they are made of.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 21, 2016
Meanwhile in Yemen and Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia keep losing grounds to the Rebels while their Patriot Missiles keeps intercepting Yemeni missiles on newspapers and blogsites.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by Nobody: 4:05am On Jul 21, 2016
m.sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160720/1043307657/syrian-drone-used-american-technology.html

Few years ago, Israel was constantly taunting and threatening Iran with war. It got to a stage that they "nearly" bombed military bases in Iran. Hezbollah was seen as a mere terrorists group sponsored by Iran and even though that notion changed in 2006, Israel never admitted that Hezbollah was more than an organization of crackheads. Today, Israel considers Hezbollah a threat to its existence as a nation. Today, Hezbollah be cruising Israeli airspace like it's Beirut and Tehran combined.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone by seagulsntrawler: 4:58am On Jul 21, 2016
Appleyard:

Magrev technology at work. cheesy
gringringrin Our resident Hasbara trolls don't like hearing about that technology even when they know how potent it is. The war in Syria will soon be over because their last bastion in Aleppo is fast crumbling. https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/tiger-forces-foil-jihadist-offensive-begins/
Erdogan, the wannabe sultan is ready to cooperate with Syria, Russia and Iran, even though the coup plot was partly orchestrated by him and had zero chances of succeeding.
Interesting times ahead! They have dropped the "Assad must go mantra" and once the war is over we shall re-calibrate to settle the
Issue of the criminal, land grabbing settler state south of Syria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Putin To The West: ‘let's Stop Being Enemies’ / Are These Pictures Proof That Vladimir Putin Of Russia Is Immortal? (pic Proof) / CHILD MARRIAGE: 8-year-old Bride Dies After Sex With 40-years-old Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.