Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Those Who Love Novels - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Those Who Love Novels (12913 Views)

All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / How Many Nigerian Novels Have You Read Recently? / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Love Novels by smile4kenn(m): 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2005
I love reading novels and will like to share my novels to those who live around Lagos. My best author is Sydney Sheldon.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by delarontus(f): 9:37am On Nov 23, 2005
There's already a topic on favourite books, you can share your experiences there.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Z4M4eva(f): 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2005
I love reading novels too, I read novels everyday, presently reading a book called "rivers of the heart",it's a really good book, by audrey howard.It's a massive book tho, about 600 and something pages long, but it's worth reading,it's one of Audrey Howard's best selling novels, a good read! smiley

@ Delarontus, I've looked under all the threads under "books", and I didn't see any thread about "Favourite Books"...so...

Re: Those Who Love Novels by nana(f): 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2005
my favourite author is James Hardley.I really love anythin' dat would put me in suspense and i also love adventures.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Z4M4eva(f): 9:55am On Dec 02, 2005
I love romance and suspense.they are the best!
Re: Those Who Love Novels by eslynera(f): 11:24am On Dec 02, 2005
I like reading Agatha Christie's novels, (very concerned with crimes) eg: Evil under the sun, and Death on the nile. wink
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Z4M4eva(f): 1:01pm On Dec 02, 2005
@ Eslynera ,Crime novels are k too, I read them too sometimes, they can be really interesting!

The novels you mentioned Eslynera, are they a good read? smiley
Re: Those Who Love Novels by eslynera(f): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2005
@Z4M4EVA= Oh, the one's i mentioned? realy good, smiley cool n i guess u wont stick ur eyes off the book.
But confusing sometimz rolleyes
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Z4M4eva(f): 10:46pm On Dec 02, 2005
@ Eslynera, Oh right, I would try checking the library for them tomorrow, or asking the librarian, seems like a really good read, but I don't like getting confused in the middle of a book, cheesy , it's so annoying,you just don't get what's happening nemore. I was reading a novel yesterday and I got confused in the middle of it, so I dumped it, and I'm returning it to the lib tomorrow,do you also like suspense novels? smiley
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Rolly: 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2005
Z4M4eva, i think u should try julie Garwood. she is hilarious and she has a lot of suspense and she has a romantic heart. i think u'll like her
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Rolly: 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2005
hey kenny, i looooooooooooooooooove sidney sheldon. he is so cool and his books sometimes makes me cry but i love them nonetheless. i'm not in Nigeria now but we can share our experinces about the books we've read? do u like romance? u should try julie garwwod's books. she and sidney are my two favourite authors.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by slybase(m): 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2005
It pains me to read through and discover there is no mention of John Grisham. There is none like him. Maybe you guys should trying picking up a Grisham. Sidney Sheldon is second only to him. Danielle Stelle would have been like them if she had put up a little more effort
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Z4M4eva(f): 11:20pm On Dec 05, 2005
@ Rolly, thnx I will try to read one of her books smiley
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Rolly: 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2005
@ slybase. i've never heard of him though but what is wrong with danielle steel is that, i like her but shes somehow u know, her books dont end like u expect them too. u have compared two of my fave authors with john Grisham so i guess he's good. does he write romance or suspense?
Re: Those Who Love Novels by eslynera(f): 9:09am On Dec 10, 2005
Z4M4eva:

@ Eslynera, Oh right, I would try checking the library for them tomorrow, or asking the librarian, seems like a really good read, but I don't like getting confused in the middle of a book, cheesy , it's so annoying,you just don't get what's happening nemore. I was reading a novel yesterday and I got confused in the middle of it, so I dumped it, and I'm returning it to the lib tomorrow,do you also like suspense novels? smiley
good idea!!!!!!!!! wink
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 10, 2005
if u really want a good read. just pick up any of dan brown's novels. i've read 3 of the 4 he has written - Angels and demons, daVinci code, deception point and digital fortress. believe me this guy's books r d bomb!
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Z4M4eva(f): 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2005
Annionted, so you've read all those of his books?, and you believe what it says expecially in Da Vinnci Code, or whatever it is
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 10, 2005
no i dont believe wot it says in davinci code. that's just one of the many theories regarding Jesus. there r dozens others. d true thing is in da bible. i just like the man's writings - they're very good. one novel isnt going to make me dout the Word. millions wont either.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Z4M4eva(f): 7:30pm On Dec 10, 2005
Well good for you , Annionted, I haven't read the book,but I have heard from Xtian's like myself who have read it about what it's all about, and they didn't like it one bit, so well, I guess I'm just off the book, don't wanna know about it.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Renegade(m): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2005
African Writers! hmm, african writers, where hast thou got thy talents?

i dont have much to say. please people, try Nuruddin Farah of Somalia, Buchi Emecheta of Nigeria, and Nawal El Sadaawi of Egypt and you'll know that european and american novelists are intellectual dwarfs compared to african writers. no offense intended ooo! just try them.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by hotangel2(f): 9:57am On Dec 20, 2005
I used to lie to myself with the whole "I love reading novels" thingy. But i stopped lying to myself. I not a Novel reading type of person, although i read some once in a while. I love some romantic novels. And it must have good descriptive essay inside of it. "and she leaned towards him, he held her back, and made his hand slip though her waist line, his lips landed on hers".. u get me? Those r the ones i like. wink
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Vieira(m): 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2005
Z4M4eva:

Well good for you , Annionted, I haven't read the book,but I have heard from Christian's like myself who have read it about what it's all about, and they didn't like it one bit, so well, I guess I'm just off the book, don't want to know about it.
Why don't you read it and make your own mind up rather than relying on others?

It is a good read but it is miles above the level of Chase and Sheldon, so if u do read it be prepared.

@Rolly, John Grisham writes mostly books about Court and Lawyers.

I used to read Chase and Sidney Sheldon but have moved on from there.

I currently read mostly Fantasy books.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Z4M4eva(f): 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2005
Vieira:

Why don't you read it and make your own mind up rather than relying on others?

It is a good read but it is miles above the level of Chase and Sheldon, so if u do read it be prepared.

@Rolly, John Grisham writes mostly books about Court and Lawyers.

I used to read Chase and Sidney Sheldon but have moved on from there.

I currently read mostly Fantasy books.

Because I am ME not YOU smiley
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Vieira(m): 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2005
Good for you.

Keep on depending on other peoples opinion.

rolleyes
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Z4M4eva(f): 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2005
Vieira:

Good for you.

Keep on depending on other peoples opinion.

rolleyes

Excuse me, that was actually MY opinion, and you gave YOURS, as everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's alright, I suggest you keep your suggestions on MY post to yourself, thank you very much!
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Vieira(m): 1:05am On Dec 23, 2005
Z4M4eva:

Excuse me, that was actually MY opinion, and you gave YOURS, as everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's alright, I suggest you keep your suggestions on MY post to yourself, thank you very much!

Public posts get public replies.

that's how forums work.
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Z4M4eva(f): 12:47pm On Dec 23, 2005
Vieira:

Public posts get public replies.

that's how forums work.

You don't have to reply to MY POSTS smiley
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Vieira(m): 1:10pm On Dec 23, 2005
Z4M4eva:

You don't have to reply to MY POSTS smiley

I know. cheesy
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Z4M4eva(f): 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2005
Vieira:

I know. cheesy

Yeah, XACTLY rolleyes smiley I'm glad you got the point now
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Vieira(m): 1:13pm On Dec 23, 2005
I don't have to but I will.

tongue
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Z4M4eva(f): 1:16pm On Dec 23, 2005
Vieira:

I don't have to but I will.

tongue

Do what you want, but I don't want you to post crap to in reply to my post tongue
Re: Those Who Love Novels by Vieira(m): 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2005
Yes Ma.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe: An Icon Beyond Nobel Laureate Award / My Friend's Son (18+) / Unfinished Business (21+ - A Story Of Betrayal, Sex And Infidelity)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.