Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others (28305 Views)

Geotechincal / Geophysical Investigation,soil Test,pile Foundation,borehole Nig. / Neighbours Fight In Akwa-Ibom Because Of N300 Borehole Levy (photos) / Immediate Need For Borehole In Elebu, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2016
And here, you have the clean water..... I hope you know the sediments that would have trapped inside the pump before it reach this clean level.

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2016
I think with the little piece I put here you will be guided in making a good decision while choosing a firm for your borehole drilling project...

***don't go after cheaper quote... What you should be after is standard costing, expertise and experience.

I will be writing on Engineering, Environmental and Agricultural applications in due time.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 4:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
For more information, advice you can contact

Dextol Global Geophysicals
We have bases in Lagos, Ibadan, Abẹ́òkúta, Ilorin, Èkìtì, let me just say We have the whole Nigeria within our reach.

We are principal partner with LandViser LLC USA and Alabukun farm Nigeria.

Call/whatsapp 08037010771
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by ayoadeifee(f): 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2016
Naiz one
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2016
ayoadeifee:
Naiz one

Thanks ma'am, good to hear from you. smiley smiley wink
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
Happy Sunday guys and happy new month.

This month I will be sharing the application of geophysics in environmental studies to us, so stay tuned
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by ayoadeifee(f): 5:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
Larwin:

Geologist of our time,keep it up wink
Larwin:

Geologist of our time,keep it up
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2016
ayoadeifee:

Geologist of our time,keep it up wink

Geologist of our time,keep it up

Smile, thanks dear.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
Have you ever wonder the effect all these dumpsite and toxic wastes from industries pose to your environment and groundwater body

Here is a project I carried out on a dumpsite in Laka area, Ogbomoso.

The place is not only a dumpsite, it's also like a defeacating ground to almost all the people in the area. The government tried to stop them by even constructing several public toilets at dat site but still, the people won't use the toilet but defecate openly.

You need to know that this area is in the heart of the town as residential building and churches are all surrounding it.

My first visit to the site was at night, so I took some pixs

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 8:26pm On Sep 06, 2016
I keep wondering about the health condition of this people, the water in the channel is very thick with a bad odor and this is being transported to other areas who might not even be aware of a site like that.

The kings palace is not far from there and they can't seem to stop the illicit act. Even the church h too can't help the situation.

More pix from the first visit.

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 5:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
Visit in day time, you will appreciate this better.

Then the question arise.... At what depth do we ve the leacheates in the Subsurface.

Has the leacheates reach the groundwater ?

What is the areal extent the leacheates has spread?

Is there any medium for the leacheates to be transported to other areas at a reasonable distance from the dumpsite.?

Are the domestic water being used by people free from contamination?

Leacheates are the liquid extracted from the materials from the dumpsite wink wink

After this reconnaissance survey, then we set out for full field work. It wasn't fun mehn.

This site is in a developed area, you can see the church, residential buildings.... Tarred road, covet....

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by msogunro: 2:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
Larwin:
For more information, advice you can contact

Dextol Global Geophysicals
We have bases in Lagos, Ibadan, Abẹ́òkúta, Ilorin, Èkìtì, let me just say We have the whole Nigeria within our reach.

We are principal partner with LandViser LLC USA and Alabukun farm Nigeria.

www.dextolgbgeo.com
www.facebook.com/dextolgb
08037010771 /08060689660
info@dextolgbgeo.com

Please check your email. I have a few questions.

Thanks!
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2016
Yea, Have replied you... Let me know if there is anything you want me to do.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 9:45am On Sep 10, 2016
Busy week, busy weekend....
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
From all of us at Dextol Global Geophysicals... Wishing all our Muslim brothers and sisters Eid' Mubarak....

Don't forget to contact us for all your Subsurface works like borehole drilling, Environmental studies, Foundation investigations....
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
Yea, to effectively map the extent the contaminants has moved in the Subsurface, different methods were used.
1) Geophysical method using Resistivity imaging and Very low frequency electromagnetic method

2) Hydrophysical analysis was done too on water samples from well, borehole and surface water close and far from the dumpsite.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 10:12am On Sep 15, 2016
Equipments were deployed to the field.

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 7:37am On Sep 17, 2016
Here is the basemap used to effectively map the leacheates. It was suh a long spread.
You can see where the well inventories were taken, the vlf profiles.

We only had two resistivity profile line, one on the dumpsite and the other at a distance from the dumpsite as control (not shown on the map)

I will show you the results shortly.

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
Here is the result from the resistivity profile on the dumpsite.
The leacheates is expected to b conductive. Considering the color scale, we can noticed a flow downward

The highly resistive body at the middle is suspected to be a stable earth material controlling the flow of the leacheate.

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 11:29am On Sep 18, 2016
Happy Sunday
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by kennykane1(m): 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
@Poster, I notice you are located in Ibadan. May I ask if your services can be offered outside of your location (/Ajah / Lagos) for instance. Or perhaps considering the swampy nature of Ajah such processing is not required?
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 8:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
kennykane1:
@Poster, I notice you are located in Ibadan. May I ask if your services can be offered outside of your location (/Ajah / Lagos) for instance. Or perhaps considering the swampy nature of Ajah such processing is not required?

Good evening. Thank you for contacting us. We work outside our office base, We have worked in vast number of states/towns across the nation, Lagos state not excluded. We would be glad to come in to look into the issue (Ajah), kindly get to me privately then we can pick it up from there.

Considering the swampy nature in Ajah as you mentioned, we may not be able to make much comments or discussions based on various factors such as peculiarities per site - each site or location tends to have their own peculiarities, you know nature Will not give us uniform situations in all places. This alone is enough to call for further studies.

Another vital factor is the land's purpose of use - what will the site be used for? Residential?, mighty structures? Recreation?... These are just few out of the many things that would be considered before and when venturing into further studies. We can get to discuss outside this forum maybe on WhatsApp.

Thanks.
+2348037010771,
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 12:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 9:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
Larwin:
Here is the result from the resistivity profile on the dumpsite.
The leacheates is expected to b conductive. Considering the color scale, we can noticed a flow downward

The highly resistive body at the middle is suspected to be a stable earth material controlling the flow of the leacheate.

For the control profile, we got this...
The resistivity values here are higher compared to the dumpsite. It means here is somehow free from leacheates. But low resistivity values was seen in the iterated image. This was done about 30m from the dumpsite

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
That was d image we got using Resistivity method.... Let me now show you Wat vlf gave us.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by esshman(m): 11:28am On Sep 21, 2016
Lalasticlala Seun Ishilove Obinoscopy this is front page worthy Pls sad
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by 1Segzy: 1:46pm On Sep 21, 2016
Very informative. What do you refer to as full casing? Is there something called half casing. What is casing in general? How far or deep should casing go in a borehole?
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
esshman:
Lalasticlala Seun Ishilove Obinoscopy this is front page worthy Pls sad

Wow, thanks Bro....how rẹ you doing.....I believe your enjoying the change wink
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
1Segzy:
Very informative. What do you refer to as full casing? Is there something called half casing. What is casing in general? How far or deep should casing go in a borehole?

Thanks 1Segzy for the compliment.

Casing generally are the pipes that are inserted into a drilled borehole. Here, we normally use pvc casing... I think they use metal casing b4 but was stopped due to corrosion
The pipes are of different thickness and diameter. And the pump is suspended inside it.

What they usually mean by half casing is that, the stable part of the hole won't be cased at all... For instance, let's say you are drilling through a rock, the driller might decide to case just the part where we have soft formations (clay, sand, silt etc) leaving the part with rocks open.

In full casing also called cased down, the whole length of the hole is cased leaving no part uncased.

Me personally prefer casing down for my projects but you should know it's a function of the cost of the project. You as a client might really not know what is going on that is while the no 1 priority in borehole drilling is having a trusted and competent hand on the job.

Another thing is screening. Here holes are made on some parts of the pipe at different depths where we ve aquifer units. This is aimed at allowing inflow of filtered water into the hole at those depths. With this, you won't just be tapping water from the bottom hole.

In general, casing helps to prevent unstable sediments /formations from caving in or collapsing thereby blocking your hole. It also prevent contamination to your water.

Let me use this image to explain further.

I hope this little explanation is helpful.
Thanks

1 Share

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 12:04am On Sep 23, 2016
Cudnt update today... Busy all through. embarassed
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by 1Segzy: 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2016
@Lawin. Thanks so much for the info.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
1Segzy:
@Lawin. Thanks so much for the info.

You are welcome wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How A Widowed “Akara” Seller Became A Landlord In Lagos - Lady Reveals / Photos Of WTC Estate Commissioned By Enugu State Government / Twinstecks Electrical Accessories sale THREAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.