Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

When Will This Madness Stop? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will This Madness Stop? (853 Views)

My Fellos Igbos, Say No To This Madness / Ndi Ebonyi Don't Allow This Madness. #nohausacouncilor / When Will All This Yoruba VS Igbo Madness Stop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will This Madness Stop? by Image123(m): 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
Following the "Twitter fight" between Doyin Okupe And A Blogger, Abubakar Sidiq Usman. Mr Doyin went [url=https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1739242896335535&id=1425109977748830&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1739242896335535%3Atl_objid.1739242896335535%3Athid.1425109977748830%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1470034799%3A527077398209680935]on facebook[/url] to allegedly state the facts. His facts are equally damning and unbecoming of what governance should be, or be allowed to be. It is unfortunate that we have many leaders and assistant to leaders who are uncouth, outright rude, used to impunity, and simply do not give a damn. Yet, this folks are very quick to call on God. That further irks me, because even people who do not carry God on their head are more courteous, temperate, civil and long suffering. It is very rare if not impossible to see politicians in developed countries use curse words, or lambast others without caution. Imagine a so called God believer(theist) calling someone unprintable names like lunatic, referring to a persons unknown progenitors as criminals,laying curses like you will not end well, God will disgrace you and your household, minion, wretched, hopeless, bozo etc. This is very unbecoming of anyone of his status. A former SENIOR special assistant to the President on public affairs, media and publicity. Apparently, it is an irony, or he simply is unqualified.
To the main issue though, comments on his facts.
Re: When Will This Madness Stop? by Image123(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
In my interactions with efcc I have been asked to explain 3 things only so far.
1. Why I received N50m from the Fmr NSA, at the onset of my appointment, and what I used it for.
2. Why I was being paid N10m monthly by the ONSA.
3. Why I received another N50m from the NSA in October 2014.
These are the ONLY subject of interrogation with the commission so far.

Note that Okupe DID receive monies from the National Security Adviser(Dasuki) and from the Office of the National Security Adviser(ONSA). It is unfortunate that people skip this fact and call it propaganda or witch-hunt. Instead of asking for justice, they keep diverting and asking for people who did not receive money from ONSA to be invited.

My explanations.
1. The initial N50m was approved by the President to be paid to me from His Security vote. N10m was to furnish my rented living apartment and another N10m for my office.
The balance N30m was approved as take off grant.

Sorry, this explains nothing. How much is the President's security vote by the way. They keep saying that their salaries are around 1million or so, i remember when the senators were defending their wardrobe allowances and explaing that the money is for four years, they are suffering and living in boy's quarter etc. This security vote that the President can give one person 50million naira out of it, and we all know how 'generous' the past President was. How much is it? When does the government get transparent on this? If 10million naira furnishes a rented living apartment, how much is the rent? What about all those monies in yearly budgets allocated for furniture, computer etc. This other 10million for Okupe's office, what is it for? What is the meaning of N10m for my office?
The balance N30m for take off grant. Please house, help my understanding i beg you. What is a take off grant? Is he a plane? Is it money to take off in danger? What exactly took off with 30million naira?

Re: When Will This Madness Stop? by Cope1(m): 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
@op, when will their madness stop? Leave them joor u 4get say ''those whom the gods wants to kill, they first of all make them mad''
Re: When Will This Madness Stop? by agitator: 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2016
Na 9ja style even robbers and APC dey mention God. grin grin grin
Re: When Will This Madness Stop? by Image123(m): 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
2. The N10m I received from the ONSA monthly was to run my office, pay salaries of staffs, including overheads, pay expenses for our numerous press conferences, pay for publications in newspapers, magazines, local and foreign, television programs, bulletins, and media consultants who assist and facilitate our work. I had about 23 staff, 11 were graduates out of which 5 were masters degrees holders. Details were submitted to efcc.

You received 10million naira monthly from the Office of the National SECURITY Adviser. For how many months/years sir? What other ministries, departments, or agencies did you receive monies from? Soldiers were complaining seriously about not been funded, not having weapons, uniforms, no morale etc but you were busy receiving 10million monthly from their boss? And your conscience as a self acclaimed theist did not feel anything, or question the rationale or appropriateness? When did the ONSA start to run the office of the special assistant? How can this abuse be stopped in future? Are therre no policies, job descriptions, methodologies, or processes in place? Is there no ORGANISATION in the FG? Dasuki pays for the numerous press conferences of Okupe's office? Who paid for Abati's and Reno Omokri's and other spokespersons and assistants? Were these press conferences for the PDP or for Nigeria? Because the numerous conferences Okupe made were about Buhari and about him being a bastard and other such nonsense. Why does Okupe an assistant, have 23 staff? How many staff will a minister or ambassador then have? What stops the current President's assistants from having 30staff too? Are these the job creation schemes or what? No wonder there were so many job losses last year. 10 assistants can easily have 400 staff, and submit to Jonathan. Then he will approve for Dasuki to pay 10million monthly because there are 5 Masters holders and 11 graduates. Whose fault is that for God's sake? What productive work did this people do for the FG? Are they still in government payroll? Were they supposed to be under government payroll or under Okupe's payroll? Is this still happening in government, and how can it be efficiently stopped?
Re: When Will This Madness Stop? by Image123(m): 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2016
3. The second N50m was approved again by Mr President when I reported to him that the monthly allowance has been cut from N10m to N5m and that I was no longer in position to keep running 1hr NTA network program called INSIGHT which was aired 9-10am every Friday. We paid NTA about N1.2m monthly for airtime. Two presenters were paid N600m monthly. We paid for tapes and Editting per program. Besides we also pay honorarium for guests either directly or inform of hotel bills for those outside Abuja, or transportation. This cost averagely N500,000 weekly or about N 2m monthly. All in all we spend about N4m monthly on the program. Mr President promised to help with the expenses. About a few months later when we had incurred some debts the NSA sent me this N50m which was to cover the cost of the program for 12 months(12×N4m=N48m)

News paper Trial
I saw strange figures like N 162m fraud, 85m fraud etc. Also mention was made of dubious payments of N13m, N65m from contracts supposedly obtained from chachanga LGA in Niger state.

The Fact.
My company Romix soilfix was one of the over 20 construction companies who were duly awarded contracts for rural roads some 5yrs ago by the Niger state govt. Due to lack of funds contractors were paid irregularly making the job to drag. The job is still on going. The relationship of this to my service as snr special assistant to President is still not clear.

This cowardly fellow simply systematically threw the former President under the bus yet again. The question is why did you receive 50million(or is it over 110million) from ONSA? Your answer in summary is ask the President, he approved it. Yet, that one is busy giving speeches in Europe about democracy and what not. And he will say he does not want to comment, or rather he does not want to implicate himself. All his boys are saying he did it, he did it. He is saying no comments.
You ran a 1hr NTA network program called INSIGHT in the which you paid NTA about N1.2m monthly for airtime. Two presenters were equally paid N600,000 monthly. How insightful. What useful insight can any presenter give after being paid 600,000naira monthly? Where is any journalist/presenter paid 600,000 naira monthly? Even CNN, Skynews, AlJazeera, BBC chief correspondents, i don't think they get paid that much for a 4hour show monthly. This is a gross rape of money and of conscience. You allegedly came with a complaint to the President that they have cut your 'illegal' money from 10million to 5million. What does the President do? He approves 50million naira. Who does that? When will this madness stop? Why won't the economy crash when a special assistant spends 500,000naira WEEKLY for other's hotel bills and honorarium to come and talk about GEJ on INSIGHT? How much do those guys invited to Channelstv and other stations get? Someone who will spend 500,000naira for people, how much will he spend weekly for himself, children and family?

cc: omenka, DropShot, PassingShot, theVoice, Modath, midolian, Seun and others
Re: When Will This Madness Stop? by Image123(m): 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2016
My Health status.
I confided in the officers of the commission about my health situation for them to understand why where and how I sleep was important to my overall well being. Without clearance or authorisation by me this information was revealed to the media. I woke up to hear it on radio broadcast nationwide and was published in many newspapers. This is a sad development and a definite breach of the confidence I reposed on the commission as an institution of government. I was born with sinus bradycadia, a non disease based slowness of the heart. It precluded me from vigorous exercise from childhood but I have by
God's Grace been able to live a normal and active life. With age the slowness grew worse and life threatening. I sought medical help and wen through a procedure at the Arrhythmia cardiac Research center in Atlanta, where this defect was corrected. Its just a year ago and I am still under satellite monitor from the USA. This is what I revealed to the efcc and they made it a public issue.
I have been in public service in more than 20years, because of my pedigree, I have by deliberate policy avoided anything that will bring shame to me, my name and family.
In spite of my high level involvement in politics and government, I have never done directly or indirectly any federal government contracts. In the whole of this world I have only two house. One in Lagos and another in my home town. I have no house elsewhere including Abuja. It us a pity that the situation in the country is so bad that everybody believes that there are no men with honour in politics or government. It is not true. I have submitted all my personal and company accounts to efcc. I have nothing to hide.
I am proud of who I am and how far the Lord has taken me. My present travails and trial will become a good testimony for me and my family in Jesus Name.

Then comes the pity me emotional stories. South Africa's Oscar Pistorious was sentenced for murder despite his disability. People should not hide behind sickness and God, they should be allowed to do the time if they did the crime. Okupe of all people is looking for clearance or authorisation. Did he get clearance or authorisation when he vigorously campaigned against Buhari and smeared his very life? If your sickness did not stop you from collecting and spending illegal money from ONSA to the detriment of millions of lives in the North East, your sickness should not prevent you from arrest and trial. All this talk about being in service for 20years and having 2 houses is for what? How many houses does Bill Gates have? You have no house in Abuja but you spent 10million naira to furnish your rented apartment so what is your point again? Men of honour do not live beyond their means. Men of honour do not pay presenters 600,000naira monthly. To say what? Men of honour do not employ 24staff to do nothing important, and then milk the nation to pay them salaries. Men of honour do not call people vicious names or lay curses. Men of honour are not hypocrites dividing the country along religious and tribal lines like you did/do. Men of honour do not call the name of the Lord in vain.
Re: When Will This Madness Stop? by Image123(m): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
cc: lalasticlala
Re: When Will This Madness Stop? by Image123(m): 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2016
presidency

(1) (Reply)

​ Video: Watch As Jibrin Arrives ICPC With Over 10 Lawyers, Sues Dogara, Others / Nigeria's Economy Is In A Mess; This Is The Solution / People Criticizing PDP And Praising APC, Please Read..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.