Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

My Life Is Under Threat From Dino Melaye-remi Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Life Is Under Threat From Dino Melaye-remi Tinubu (414 Views)

Photos From Dino Melaye's London Vacation / Melaye: Remi Tinubu Has Arrived Menopause, I Couldn't Have Said I'll Impregnate / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Life Is Under Threat From Dino Melaye-remi Tinubu by MarshRiley(m): 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
The senator representing Lagos Central on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Mrs. Oluremi Tinubu, on Monday wrote to the Acting Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, requesting increased police protection because her life is in danger.

In a petition dated July 18 and addressed to Mr. Idris, the senator asked the police boss to grant her protection “to avoid being killed”.

Mrs. Tinubu made the request on the heels of her widely reported spat with her colleague, Senator Dino Melaye (APC, Kogi West), during an executive session of the Senate last week Tuesday.

The wife of the national leader of the APC, who said that she would have ignored her encounter with Melaye, alleged that since the senator had “between 2007 and 2011, while in the House of Representatives, engaged in fisticuffs with his colleagues that led to his untimely death”, she no longer feels safe.

The Kogi senator was alleged to have threatened to beat up his female colleague and impregnate her after she purportedly called him a “dog and a thug”.

Senator Melaye, however, denied threatening to beat up or impregnate his colleague.

This position was disputed by Senator Tinubu in her petition to the acting IGP as she said he “wanted to assault me”.

According to her, but for the timely intervention of a number of senators, Mr. Melaye would have in her words, unleashed “physical attack on me”.

Her petition read: “I am Senator Oluremi Tinubu, representing the Lagos Central Senatorial District of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“During proceedings of the Senate on Tuesday, July 14, 2016, I had cause to contribute to a matter of national importance. Apparently dissatisfied with my contributions, Senator Dino Melaye threw caution to the wind and resorted to vulgar abuse of my person and wanted to assault me.

“The timely intervention of a number of colleagues prevented Senator Melaye from unleashing physical attack on me. However, as the leadership of the Senate did not call him to order in the circumstance, he proceeded to threaten my life without any provocation whatsoever.

“In view of Senator Melaye’s antecedent, particularly, in the House of Representatives where a brawl led by him had led to the untimely death of a member, I have decided not to ignore his threat to my life. Therefore, I’m compelled to urge you to use your good offices to provide me with adequate security.

“Please accept the assurances of my highest regards and esteem”.

Source:

//www.informationng.com/2016/07/my-lifes-under-threat-from-dino-melaye-oluremi-tinubu-petitions-igp.html

Re: My Life Is Under Threat From Dino Melaye-remi Tinubu by mountlarry: 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2016
Very funny how this country is turned into a theatre

(1) (Reply)

Ex-nurtw Boss, Auxiliary, Jailed Six Years / “I Am Not Championing A Cause For Women" - Senator Remi Tinubu. / Buhari Selective Condolences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.