Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### (4133 Views)

Ladies Come In Oo, Man's Hot!!! Pics / Damn!!..this Ass Could Make U Cum In A Sec / Advice: Am Tired Of This, My Husband Loves To Cum In My Mouth – Wife Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by IHATEPUZZY(m): 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2016
Where are the English Students? Let's see who get this correctly.
The woman who ____ apples also ____ oranges.
(A)sells/sells
(b)sell/sells
(C)sells/sell
(D)sell/sell
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by Melonny(m): 7:53pm On Jul 19, 2016
rule 13 (verb)-(who,that,which). to determine the singular or plural verb to use after these words, look at the noun before these word first..so singular noun is singular verb. so the woman who sells apples also sell oranges.

3 Likes

Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by placeofallure(f): 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2016
This is Subject and verb agreement otherwise known as Concord. The answer is "A" sells and sells. The woman who sells apples also sells oranges.
Here, "the woman" which is the subject of the verb is singular, likewise the verb "sells" must be in the singular

Compare: The women who sell apples also sell oranges.

I hope this helped.

2 Likes

Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by EmperorLee(m): 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
The woman who Sell apples also Sells oranges.

Emi o gboyinbo fah lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by onstelly(f): 9:38pm On Jul 19, 2016
Sells and sell
IHATEPUZZY am I correct
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
placeofallure:
This is Subject and verb agreement otherwise known as Concord. The answer is "A" sells and sells. The woman who sells apples also sells oranges.
Here, "the woman" which is the subject of the verb is singular, likewise the verb "sells" must be in the singular

I hope this helped.

Ma baby.. So you sabi book small?

Oya chop knuckle french*kiss
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
v
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2016
sells/sells..
Singular noun plural verb...
My thinking tho...
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
sells/sells..
My thinking tho...
I think 'sells' is a singular verb..
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by ButterFrost212(f): 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2016
A. Sells/sells
The woman who sells apples also sells oranges. cheesy
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by EmperorLee(m): 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2016
ButterFrost212:
A. Sells/sells
The woman who sells apples also sells oranges. cheesy

Why you kan dey laugh grin
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:04pm On Jul 19, 2016
discoprophet:

I think 'sells' is a singular verb..
nice
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by TamedWolf90: 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2016
Present continuous tense.... Sells and sell
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by bitchcrafts: 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2016
TamedWolf90:
Present continuous tense.... Sells and sell
Exactly smiley
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 19, 2016
I think its E. selled and soled. the woman who selled apples also soled oranges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by LordScent(m): 10:17pm On Jul 19, 2016
Me no sabi d ansa buh i geh one kweshun...

Y e b say n same woman wey dey sell apple still dey sell orange. Na only her dey market??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by DR1SKLEF(m): 10:18pm On Jul 19, 2016
placeofallure:

I hope this helped.
Wrong!

Op should have added an E option.

* Sell and selled - The woman who sell mango also selled apples.
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by naniawini(f): 10:26pm On Jul 19, 2016
A Sells/sells

The woman who sells apples also sells oranges
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
I think its E. selled and soled. the woman who selled apples also soled oranges.

hahahahahahahahahaha..

Bro I for say make thunder fire you but these mods no sabi play when they see one
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by EmperorLee(m): 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
Abeg who go tell us who is right n who is wrong
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
Click on the link below..

http://www.mhhe.com/socscience/psychology/smil/catalyst_blackboard/lessons_new/sentence_grammar/SHOW4/objective_10__use_singular_verbs_with_singular_subject__plural_verbs_with_plural_subjects.htm

Scroll down to "The children bla bla bla" part. There are four options to a question being asked there. You're to click on the option you think is the right one and allow your browser to load. If you fail the first time, try the other options. I hope this helps!
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2016
discoprophet:

hahahahahahahahahaha..

Bro I for say make thunder fire you but these mods no sabi play when they see one
lol bro wetin make i talk na. under this buhari admin. op they ask question like say na jamb class we dey. op don 4get say if its not money then it does not make sense.
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
LordScent:
Me no sabi d ansa buh i geh one kweshun...

Y e b say n same woman wey dey sell apple still dey sell orange. Na only her dey market??

y dis question na.. If you want to sell, better start selling banana and cucumber. No go do innocent woman bad market oh
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by placeofallure(f): 8:13am On Jul 20, 2016
discoprophet:

Ma baby.. So you sabi book small?
Oya chop knuckle french*kiss
Mmmmwhen! I catcham!

1 Like

Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by placeofallure(f): 8:16am On Jul 20, 2016
DR1SKLEF:
Wrong!

Op should have added an E option.

* Sell and selled - The woman who sell mango also selled apples.

You are a joke!
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by placeofallure(f): 8:29am On Jul 20, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
sells/sells..

My thinking tho...

Yes, the answer is sells and sells.
On the contrary, "sells" is not a plural verb. In fact the letter "S" makes it very singular.

For nouns, we may add "s" to form the plural of some words E.g. book - books, table - tables etc, but for verbs it's the other way round i.e sell is plural while sells is singular.

The rule is: Singular noun, Singular verb; Plural noun, Plural verb.
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by Melonny(m): 8:39am On Jul 20, 2016
placeofallure:

Yes, the answer is sells and sells.
On the contrary, "sells" is not a plural verb. In fact the letter "S" makes it very singular.
For nouns, we may add "s" to form the plural of some words E.g. book - books, table - tables etc, but for verbs it's the other way round i.e sell is plural while sells is singular.
The rule is: Singular noun, Singular verb; Plural noun, Plural verb.
so if it shd be plural noun plural verb, then sell is plural and oranges is plural...so the woman who sells apples also sell oranges.
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by placeofallure(f): 9:07am On Jul 20, 2016
Melonny:
so if it shd be plural noun plural verb, then sell is plural and oranges is plural...so the woman who sells apples also sell oranges.

Melonny, don't mix things up.
Yeah! the rule is Plural Noun, Plural Verb.
In the sentence, Oranges is not doing any action. The Subject in any sentence is the person or thing that does an action. It can be a noun or a pronoun. E.g. The cat drinks milk / The cats drink milk.
A pronoun E.g He walks to school everyday / We walk to school everyday.

According to Op's sentence example, The woman is the doer of the action, that is singular and should take a singular verb "sells" It's not significant whether the apples or oranges she sells are many. The sentence might as well simply go like: The woman sells apples and oranges.
Re: ###grammarians In The Ouse Oya Cum In Oo### by pacretus(m): 9:53am On Jul 20, 2016
IHATEPUZZY:
Where are the English Students? Let's see who get this correctly.
The woman who ____ apples also ____ oranges.
(A)sells/sells
(b)sell/sells
(C)sells/sell
(D)sell/sell
@ op all ur options are wronged.
It should have beans:the woman who selling apples also solded oranges.
But on a second thought.
I has choosing B as my answered.
The woman WHO sells apples also sell oranges.
Takes a bow,running along.catch ya.

(1) (Reply)

.. / Vintage Pictures Of Black Women Thread / Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.