Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Legalize The Right To Own A Gun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Legalize The Right To Own A Gun (535 Views)

Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' / South African Policeman Caught Planting A Gun In A Nigerian Man's Car (video) / California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Legalize The Right To Own A Gun by Strongfaze(m): 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
With the rising insecurity in the world and in Nigeria in particular, it is high time we are generally granted the right to own guns! You can all imagine a gang of five or six robbers going from house to house robbing for an hour with just one or two guns while the others carry just cutlasses and doors are opened for them to rob, maim and rape unhindered!
I feel that would have been curtailed if they are aware of the fact that residents will be armed to the teeth.
Let me paint a clearer picture: if everyone in Nairaland are gathered in a room, it takes just one loaded gun to unclad us.
Just look carefully at the society and you will observe that only the poor are without adequate protection.

The point i am making is this; if i have the right to life then i should have the right to defend myself and so do you.

#the sun rises for the good, the bad and the ugly#
Re: Legalize The Right To Own A Gun by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 20, 2016
Strongfaze:
With the rising insecurity in the world and in Nigeria in particular, it is high time we are generally granted the right to own guns! You can all imagine a gang of five or six robbers going from house to house robbing for an hour with just one or two guns while the others carry just cutlasses and doors are opened for them to rob, maim and rape unhindered!
I feel that would have been curtailed if they are aware of the fact that residents will be armed to the teeth.
Let me paint a clearer picture: if everyone in Nairaland are gathered in a room, it takes just one loaded gun to unclad us.
Just look carefully at the society and you will observe that only the poor are without adequate protection.

The point i am making is this; if i have the right to life then i should have the right to defend myself and so do you.

#the sun rises for the good, the bad and the ugly#
It seems you've not come across situations where robbers occupy a street with their huge number. I've heard of robberies where residents said the robbers came as hordes of uncountable males. In my house we are four men at most; even with machine guns we can't mow down more than 4 - 7 men each. What would the other 80 or so robbers do when we run out of ammunition?
More guns don't solve any situation. Look at the US where school shootings are an every other day occurrence. Banning guns would reduce school shootings immensely, I think our country is not ready to add such problem to its many headaches.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why We Used Air Power To Bombard Arepo Creeks—nigerian Navy / SAD! 3-year-old Girl Killed By A Car On Her Birthday (photos) / Photo: Woman Caught Stealing Money At A Bank And Paraded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.