Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Visiting Abuja Next Week - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visiting Abuja Next Week (1628 Views)

HELP! I'm Going To Tanzania Embassy Next Week, I Need Info From Friends! / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / What Is The Best Way To Get US Visiting Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting Abuja Next Week by marcom: 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2009
I am visiting Nigieria for the first time and I will stay in Abuja from 18 to 25 September , I have consulted a lot of websites but I couldn't find any useful info. I would appericate if any one can advise me what to do in Abuja what to vist etc and what to avoid. one more question i have heard that the immigration officers may ask for " dash" is that true ? if yes how can i deal with them ( i.e. how much should i give them ) ( sorry i know that is embarssing some how to deal in this issue ) I am really exicted to visit Nigeria.

Waiting to hear your advices and experince
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by IKEYMAN1: 8:53am On Sep 15, 2009
how much shall i give who??

nothing!! absulotely nothing!!
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by marcom: 8:58am On Sep 15, 2009
OK thanks , but i m still waiting to know what to do in Abuja I want your advice.

Thanks
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by justwise(m): 9:56am On Sep 15, 2009
IKEYMAN!!!:

how much shall i give who??

nothing!! absulotely nothing!!

I agree with u, we should stop encouraging bribering, we are even as bad as those that take the bribe.
I landed in Abuja airport last Dec, the immigration officers were asking for some money. i did not give any of them and there were no prob at all.

@poster, i hope somebody here will give u a list of places to go and enjoy ur stay
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by marcom: 10:26am On Sep 15, 2009
well then, i need you to share with me your experince like how you reacted and stuff like that , thanks
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2009
marcom:

well then, i need you to share with me your experince like how you reacted and stuff like that , thanks

I had no problem with the immigration, yes they asked for money but i did not give them.

My elder brother picked me up from the airport and that was it. If u don't have anybody in Abuja, i suggest that u book ur hotel b4 going and becareful those 'tax' drivers who will be all over u, wanting to drop u off anywhere u are going.

Maybe what u need to do is to ask one Immigration officer for a reliable tax driver that will take u into town then the hotel, then if u gave him/her money for helping u, one can understand that u are appreciating the assistance.

I hope somebody else who knows better than i do will contribute
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by marcom: 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2009
I have some one waiting for me , but my concern is if said NO to the immigration officer ( like for exmaple i say sorry i dont have money right now or i m dealing with travellers check ) or should i say NO just like that. That is my concern

I am sorry for just posting on this senstive issue but I am really looking forward to enjoy my time in Nigeria and i dont want such small issues to spoil my vacation

Still waiting for any recommendations where to go !!
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by justwise(m): 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2009
As long as u did not commit any immigration offence, u are not under any obligation to give them money. Just kindly and smily tell them that u got nothing for them that day and head to the arrival hall, stay there untill whoever is picking u up comes. Please don't go outside to wait for the person.
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by marcom: 2:00pm On Sep 15, 2009
Thanks for the tips !!
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by londoner: 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2009
@marcom, you may find this useful,

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293825-r3226682-Abuja.html

I have been to Abuja twice and have never been asked to dash, but it may be because I am a young woman.

Have a great time, Abuja is generally a safe and enjoyabe city, if you know where things are. Be sure to visit the Abacha barraxcks, lovey barbequed fish in an open air setting.

I should be there is a few weeks also, have fun!
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by marcom: 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2009
Thanks a lot for the tips, enjoy your stay also in Abuja. I will do the max to enjoy my time, can you send more stuff like what to do and where to go as the place you mentioned previously
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 16, 2009
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
If you need info on abuja... Visit www.visitabuja.com.ng The website is strictly for Abuja, You get all the information you need including accommodations,shopping,attraction,safety tips and maps.
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by londoner: 6:54am On Oct 08, 2012
@OP......I have been to ABJ a few times. Always loved that city and still do.

Like someone said try Abacha Barracks. There is also the Silverbird cinema, numerous parks all over the city (Millenium park is one of the best). There is also Gurura falls, just outside Abuja and Jabbi lake park, where people go to relax by the water and ride horses.

There are lots of places to eat out or shop.......but its not cheap....lol

I have been asked once at the airport for dash, but I just said no, and there was no more said about it.

As far as cabs, the ones at the airport are licensed and safe (in my experience).

Check this out it may be of use to you......

Oh....I just checked the date of thread.....lol

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293825-r3226682-Abuja.html

https://www.nairaland.com/532816/abuja-things

Man....I'm jealous, I miss Abuja sooooo much!!!!!!!
Re: Visiting Abuja Next Week by Ossycool: 2:54pm On Oct 08, 2012
I stay in abuja. Places to visit in abuja is millennium park 4 relaxation is fun there because d park is nature, abacha barracks 4 ur roasted meat and fish (we cal it suya),4 clubs, open wave club in wuse zone 4 its fun there, also visit silverbird gallery its also fun. Wish u safe trip.

(1) (Reply)

‘visa Applicants Must Plan Ahead, Avoid Touts’ - Consul Chief, Us Embassy / A Thread For Nigerians Living In Afghanistan Or Pakistan / Can I Get A BRT Bus From Oshodi/ikotun To Berger Urgent Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.