Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu (23300 Views)

Why We Can't Respond To Obasanjo's Letter Now - APC / Soku Oil Wells: Apologize To Amaechi Now - APC Tells Wike / Photos Of Fatima Nuhu Ribadu Taken By Hanan Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by TheophilusA: 2:09am On Jul 20, 2016
The Adamawa State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has joined the race of groups and individuals calling on a former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu, to return to the party.

Mr. Ribadu is one of the founding leaders of the party, but left for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, shortly before the 2015 general elections.

Mr. Ribadu was the PDP candidate for governor in Adamawa State in 2015. He left the APC after the impeachment of former Governor Murtala Nyako by the State House of Assembly in 2014.
Sources close to the anti-corruption Czar said he was ” deeply disappointed by the inability of the APC leadership to save Mr Nyako from impeachment.”

In a letter to Mr. Ribadu, signed by the acting secretary of the APC in Adamawa State, Saidu Naira, the ruling party said it was time for Mr. Ribadu to return to his “home party”.

The letter, dated, June, 22, 2016, reads in part:
“Given your track records and progressives nature, we strongly belief APC is where you belong to.
“We are also mindful of the efforts and contributions you made during the merger without which the merger would have been difficult.

“To this end we reaffirm our request for you to come home to APC and assist and contribute to the success of the APC government both at state and national level”.

Efforts to reach Mr. Ribadu or his spokesperson, Abdulaziz Abdulaziz, were unsuccessful.
PREMIUM TIMES however gathered that the request from the APC is coming at a time the former presidential candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria is under pressure from his present party, the PDP, to serve as national chairman to ” reorganise the PDP as it readies itself to reclaim power in 2019″.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/207202-want-back-now-apc-tells-nuhu-ribadu.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by TheophilusA: 2:09am On Jul 20, 2016
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by Nobody: 2:10am On Jul 20, 2016
shocked
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by Nobody: 2:13am On Jul 20, 2016
The prodigal son is welcome back home. I still love the man despite his ill-calculated exodus to the PDP.

Ironically, he experienced BADluck with GOODluck.

To those of you who'd kill yourselves coz of politicians, have you seen your lives outside?
NO PERMANENT FRIENDS OR FOES IN POLITICS, only INTERESTS REMAINS PERMANENT

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by SamMilla1(m): 2:38am On Jul 20, 2016
They never leave, just looking for a platform to win elections and start looting and lying and killing.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by raumdeuter: 2:48am On Jul 20, 2016
Ribadu just embarassed himself with the ill advised move of decamping to PDP

He should have been one of the rising star of APC now given he was the ACN presidential candidate in 2011

But he was fooled by the Retardeen Jonathan PDP money and he now has to go join the queue from the back

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by kuuljay(m): 2:52am On Jul 20, 2016
raumdeuter:
Ribadu just embarassed himself with the ill advised move of decamping to PDP

He should have been one of the rising star of APC now given he was the ACN presidential candidate in 2011

But he was fooled by the Retardeen Jonathan PDP money and he now has to go join the queue from the back
for once leave oga Joe alone and let's move forward

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by docadams: 2:57am On Jul 20, 2016
Hmmmmmmm

So sad, too bad!

The last hope of some beloved brothers of a moribund behemoth just gone like that.

We won't take this.

3 Likes

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by chat2deen(m): 2:59am On Jul 20, 2016
Political prostitute! Power monger.....
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by okonja(m): 3:22am On Jul 20, 2016
Game on!!!
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by win1234: 3:46am On Jul 20, 2016
A country where the only selling business is politics can never move forward.

3 Likes

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by Nobody: 4:12am On Jul 20, 2016
Everytime i see politicians, all i see is Junketeers and rascality mongers.
No politician is wortht dying for. They all have their bending and meeting point. Ishhh!

Anyways

DrabeeyWasHere
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by jericco1(m): 4:51am On Jul 20, 2016
shame unto all these thieves, as they decamp to the winning teams just to earn political points....very soon the dimtard will start hurling unnecessary abuses at his former Party.

1 Like

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by Jorussia(m): 5:00am On Jul 20, 2016
As an unrepentant APC supporter, i don't see anything cheering about Ribadu's return to APC.I ceased to respect him,the day he moved to PDP.I held nuhu ribadu in high esteem,until he showed himself to be a greedy politician.In 2011 presidential election,i was the only person that voted for ribadu out of about 600 voters in my voting center.The governor (oshiomhole) gave an instruction to all ACN leaders in the state to mobilise their supporters for GEJ,i was the only ACN member that went against the governor's directive in my voting center. I respect buhari and tinubu for being a different breed of Nigerian politician

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by djlawex02(m): 5:07am On Jul 20, 2016
undecided who tell dem say APC will still dey exist by 2019... u beta sit down for wia u dey and be watchful.

7 Likes

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by LordMecuzy(m): 5:30am On Jul 20, 2016
LOL APC/Buhari wanna reduce the powers of Atiku and Gov Bindow in Adamawa

5 Likes

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 20, 2016
Politicians ain't loyal at all
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by Sirmuel1(m): 5:36am On Jul 20, 2016
This people are just deceiving us.
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by babdap: 5:41am On Jul 20, 2016
Nigerian politician lacks political ideology, they only wants to be in party in power.
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by phemmie06(m): 5:49am On Jul 20, 2016
Bunch of thieves,

1 Like

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by IamPatriotic(m): 5:52am On Jul 20, 2016
Buhari is inadvertently demystifying all his opponents in build up to 2019, while forgetting that God not men holds the ace..... Nuhu Ribadu is welcome back to APC....that's why people should respect Yoruba politicians, in spite of their short comings like every other human, you can't question their loyalty ... that's what's helping Tinubu and that was what Baba Awolowo before him, their followers are always loyal. Take a look at all Jonathan's henchmen in build up to the 2015 general elections, virtually all of them has in one way or another betrayed him, except for the few Yorubas among them.

I won't say more than this.

13 Likes

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by StOla: 5:54am On Jul 20, 2016
Jorussia:
As an unrepentant APC supporter, i don't see anything cheering about Ribadu's return to APC.I ceased to respect him,the day he moved to PDP.I held nuhu ribadu in high esteem,until he showed himself to be a greedy politician.In 2011 presidential election,i was the only person that voted for ribadu out of about 600 voters in my voting center.The governor (oshiomhole) gave an instruction to all ACN leaders in the state to mobilise their supporters for GEJ,i was the only ACN member that went against the governor's directive voting center. I respect buhari and tinubu for being a different breed of Nigerian politician

I believe Ribadu's reason for leaving was because Murtala Nyako of PDP was admitted into the APC and given the state party structure on a platter.

I am still disappointed that he had to decamp to a useless and criminal party like the PDP, but equally disappointed that the APC was to eager to accept anyone from the PDP and handed the party structure of their state. Like Saraki, like Dino, like Umana Umana, like Timipre Sylva.

1 Like

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by omenka(m): 5:58am On Jul 20, 2016
Oh this is such a wonderful news to me!! Nuhu and Ken Nnamani are the ONLY PEOPLE I think the killer party can boast of that have integrity.

I pray Ken leaves as well, even if not to APC- any other party would do. grin

3 Likes

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by sentaljohn(m): 5:58am On Jul 20, 2016
Politics is really a game of interest....
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by Areaboyye: 6:02am On Jul 20, 2016
;DNnamdi kanu has bin begging bubu and Tinubu He wants to join Apc but they refused.but why na?
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by amaechi1: 6:03am On Jul 20, 2016
To those of you who'd kill yourselves coz of politicians, have you seen your lives outside?
NO PERMANENT FRIENDS OR FOES IN POLITICS, only INTERESTS REMAINS PERMANENT [/color] [/b]
[/quote]

Food for thought and I wish they will learn.
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by IstandWitBuhari: 6:03am On Jul 20, 2016
Ribadu the coward kunu sipping gworo chewing animal,soon you will run back to pdp with your tail in between your legs
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by EazyMoh(m): 6:03am On Jul 20, 2016
There goes a potential presidential candidate for dem wailers.
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by Biafrarep(m): 6:06am On Jul 20, 2016
Just imagine, is this not prostitution in hige places! Yet APC goons keeps making noise of how PDP destroyed Nigeria as if there is any difference between both parties
Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by Jorussia(m): 6:12am On Jul 20, 2016
StOla:

I believe Ribadu's reason for leaving was because Murtala Nyako of PDP was admitted into the APC and given the state party structure on a platter.

I am still disappointed that he had to decamp to a useless and criminal party like the PDP, but equally disappointed that the APC was to eager to accept anyone from the PDP and handed the party structure of their state. Like Saraki, like Dino, like Umana Umana, like Timipre Sylva.
ribadu is not a principled politician. Remember how he accepted Gej Appointment as the chairman of a committee against the wish of his party APC. Tinubu and buhari remained in opposition for more than 10 years.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu by DropShot: 6:19am On Jul 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista, the best of your presidential hopefuls in 2019 has jumped ship.

What and who else for PDP in 2019?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Release Report On Isi-gate Clash Between IPOB And Soldiers / Abia Decides:"we Deliver In Grandstyle"says Orji Kalu Wins Polling Unit Widely / Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.