Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July (41198 Views)

A Friend Forget Password To Windows 10 / How To Upgrade To Windows 10: What You Need To Know / Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by ka2ma(m): 1:30am On Jul 27, 2016
No one has said anythin about the bluetooth issue, I av dt problem too after I did the upgrade
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by linearity: 1:39am On Jul 27, 2016
ITbomb:

Lol, which of them are not data harvesters, Android that you are using is the worst culprit and you are still using it. Apple own na another level. Microsoft just entered the game late so no big deal

You are making a huge mistake in comparing a mobile OS to a desktop OS.

There are countless things people do on their desktops that cannot be done on mobile devises or not suitable for mobile devices. Think of all your applications, software, programs and everything you do either on your personal PC, office PC, etc running Windows 10 been harvested including your location, contacts, searches, etc sent to be stored in a remote location.

CEOs and company executives uses those phones, but they will give Microsoft a huge push back if they try to implement this on the server side, and if it an unprecedented move when done on this server side, it should be the same when done on the client side.
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by PenSniper: 1:43am On Jul 27, 2016
Horlar995:
Hello.......pls I need someone to help me to check if my laptop "HP 6460b" is compatible with windows 10.....250gb

Windows 10 system upgrade will check the compatibility of your system before downloading.
Just ensure you have a minimum of 3.5gb data and a steady power supply then go to system update.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by ponti93(m): 2:13am On Jul 27, 2016
the best windows i think microsoft ever created was windows 7

3 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Olasco93: 2:28am On Jul 27, 2016
Even after the deadline date, I know there would always be a way out for Nigerians to upgrade to windows 10 if need be without stress.
I don't know why the deadline rush microsoft instil on the windows 10.
It seems the world is turning unto something else faster than we thought...
People haven't woken up from the little shock WhatsApp shocked them this year, and now, windows 10 is electrocuting by-fire-by force...
Pause: Am addicted to Windows 7.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by ITbomb(m): 2:37am On Jul 27, 2016
linearity:

You are making a huge mistake in comparing a mobile OS to a desktop OS.
I'm not comparing any OS, data mining is the new gold. Apple operates a closed ecosystem which mines (harvest) data from its users on Mac since ages but Americans executives and companies are still using it (even more than Windows in some sectors). Google does same with their chromebook. Microsoft have been offering "profileless" Windows installation to users without any dedicated app store, so for them to announce that they will start doing what others have been doing since the beginning should not cause panic.

As long as you are using any tech product now bro from any vendor, you are being mined
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by chamberlin1(m): 2:38am On Jul 27, 2016
menxer:
I lost 4gb of data to Windows 10 background apps.

Disable all background apps and updates else you will regret upgrading to win10.

It is a slick OS experience no doubt about that.
Very true, lost almost 4Gb since then I'm scared of connecting my laptop to my smile mifi. How can I stop the automatic updates from the laptop side? Anyone with a solution?
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 2:47am On Jul 27, 2016
Olarewajub:

First of all you have to consider whether your laptop spec is compatible with Windows 10.

The only mishap i encountered was screen brightness. This can be corrected by performing a system upgrade.

There're lot of advantages. You will definitely love Cortana but hope you've got steady power supply because a lot of people experience battery drain (didn't experience such).

Final verdict ; Upgrade to Windows 10 now.

My battery life dropped from 6hours reading time to 3hrs approximately.
I hope there will be fixes soon.
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 2:48am On Jul 27, 2016
menxer:
I lost 4gb of data to Windows 10 background apps.

Disable all background apps and updates else you will regret upgrading to win10.

It is a slick OS experience no doubt about that.
How did you disabled background app?
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by eddyroyal(m): 3:24am On Jul 27, 2016
Please can i also update my windows phone?
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by sanandreas(m): 3:28am On Jul 27, 2016
Please post link for download
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by linearity: 4:26am On Jul 27, 2016
ITbomb:

I'm not comparing any OS, data mining is the new gold. Apple operates a closed ecosystem which mines (harvest) data from its users on Mac since ages but Americans executives and companies are still using it (even more than Windows in some sectors). Google does same with their chromebook. Microsoft have been offering "profileless" Windows installation to users without any dedicated app store, so for them to announce that they will start doing what others have been doing since the beginning should not cause panic.

As long as you are using any tech product now bro from any vendor, you are being mined
Apple desktop PC do not harvest customer data to the level that Window 10 is doing, in fact there are very minute instances where Apple collect user data on its desktop devices.

Apple mobile devices collects user data like location, etc but not to the extent that Windows 10 will.
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by olayinkajnr(m): 4:34am On Jul 27, 2016
MisterGrace:

2GB RAM... Pls don't crash you system.

Says who? It wont crash. I once upgraded on a 2Gb ram, 1.75ghz, 250gb HDD laptop and nothing happened.
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by olayinkajnr(m): 4:35am On Jul 27, 2016
martineverest:
windows 10 has in-built anti-virus

Even windows 8.1 has inbuilt AV in Windows defender. Whether it has inbuilt AV or not, yoy sure still need an antivirus on Win 10..
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Exxit(m): 5:06am On Jul 27, 2016
GloryIsaac:

How good is it?, did you encounter any mishap? and please what are the advantages?
I upgraded 3 times. My laptop crashed 3 times. I had to return in to the store I got it from and payed almost $100 to get it fixed. At this point I don't care about the new windows no more
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by habdulafeez(m): 5:10am On Jul 27, 2016
when I ran compability checks on my Dell pc as required from the upgrade info in my taskbar, it okayed every components of my laptop but told me that I have to activate the windows operating system before It can download the windows 10...I just don't know how to activate the windows however, can someone help me out.
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by KingRex1(m): 5:10am On Jul 27, 2016
Some banks and auditing firms make use of windows 7 to run their corporate softwares. I hope this doesn't turn out bad for them.
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by 2kurupt(m): 5:17am On Jul 27, 2016
kevoh:

At the words in bold : Totally unnecessary cheap shot below the belt! You can make your point without been more condescending.
Sorry, that definitely wasn't my intention. Just stated that coz most peeps dunno those kinda sites are the most malicious
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by supereagle(m): 5:21am On Jul 27, 2016
How can I use my Techno Y6 phone as a modern on window 10 environment? I can easily configure window 7 to do that, but 8 and 10 difficult.
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by 2kurupt(m): 5:27am On Jul 27, 2016
linearity:

Apple desktop PC do not harvest customer data to the level that Window 10 is doing, in fact there are very minute instances where Apple collect user data on its desktop devices.

Apple mobile devices collects user data like location, etc but not to the extent that Windows 10 will.

You know this coz you work for both Apple & Microsoft right?

Stop being paranoid!

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by 2kurupt(m): 5:33am On Jul 27, 2016
habdulafeez:
when I ran compability checks on my Dell pc as required from the upgrade info in my taskbar, it okayed every components of my laptop but told me that I have to activate the windows operating system before It can download the windows 10...I just don't know how to activate the windows however, can someone help me out.

Follow this guide, it contains how to activate your Windows & go about the update http://www.howtogeek.com/225048/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-or-8-to-windows-10-right-now/
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Emmaesty(f): 6:15am On Jul 27, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Its a good OS, just that you have to change lot of stuff in settings b'cos microsoft made all their apps to be the default for whatever you wish to do.... Then you've got to change some stuff in your WiFi and bluetooth settings too....

Installed it on a Lenovo 2015 model that came with a default Windows 8.1, its the 8.1 license that i used to upgrade mine. Free till July 29th..

Its worth 3.3gb of data...and before it starts downloading, it'll check if your laptop is compatible with it.. Bear in mind that it'll also replace some of your apps with its own upgraded version....
Make hay while the sun shines smiley
I use the same system with you. Please how do I upgrade?
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by kevoh(m): 6:19am On Jul 27, 2016
2kurupt:

Sorry, that definitely wasn't my intention. Just stated that coz most peeps dunno those kinda sites are the most malicious
Alright man, no qualms. smiley
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 27, 2016
Exxit:
I upgraded 3 times. My laptop crashed 3 times. I had to return in to the store I got it from and payed almost $100 to get it fixed. At this point I don't care about the new windows no more

Damn shocked , i'm sorry man, but mine's working fine...

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 27, 2016
ka2ma:
No one has said anythin about the bluetooth issue, I av dt problem too after I did the upgrade

When you put on the bluetooth, go to > Send or Recieve files and select which one you want to do....

To recieve a file, you have to search for your pcs name first before connecting even though it has been paired previously (not the normal auto-connect stuff) .....

If this doesn't work, then update the bluetooth driver smiley
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by illusionsbyafo(m): 6:30am On Jul 27, 2016
I would advise anyone using an older version of windows to stick to it as windows 10 will destroy your system and kill your moral..you will be so frustrated using it...I am among the first users of windows 10 as i pre registered for the evaluation version last year ...then later upgraded to d original version early dis year..ever since,it has been one bug issue to the other...now my laptop has been hanging on windows startup page since sunday...u can imagine how frustrating it can be.... i would love to downgrade to windows 7 or 8.1 jejeli...i have already borrowed a friends laptop to download windows iso and that can only be achieved by the free spectranet browsing from 1am to 7am

PLEASE STICK TO YOUR OLD WINDOWS

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 27, 2016
Emmaesty:
I use the same system with you. Please how do I upgrade?

Well, i think the Windows 10 upgrade assistant is suppose to pop-up if your connected to the internet, thats how i came about mine.... but if yours hasn't, then i think you'll have to download the ISO by yourself.... These guys could guide you.

Cc 2kurupt
ITbomb
Olarewajub
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Temitoppe(m): 6:51am On Jul 27, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Its a good OS, just that you have to change lot of stuff in settings b'cos microsoft made all their apps to be the default for whatever you wish to do.... Then you've got to change some stuff in your WiFi and bluetooth settings too....

Installed it on a Lenovo 2015 model that came with a default Windows 8.1, its the 8.1 license that i used to upgrade mine. Free till July 29th..

Its worth 3.3gb of data...and before it starts downloading, it'll check if your laptop is compatible with it.. Bear in mind that it'll also replace some of your apps with its own upgraded version....

which Internet source did u connect to?

Wi-fi, hot spot or modem.
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 27, 2016
Temitoppe:

which Internet source did u connect to?
Wi-fi, hot spot or modem.
WiFi smiley..
Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by paulbets: 7:05am On Jul 27, 2016
Bros, I have tried to upgrade to Windows 10 severally, but each time after downloading the update to 100%, when is about to start installing, it will just delete the already downloaded update, and start re-downloading it all over again. I have been in this vicious cycle for days. My Laptop is Acer Aspire E1-571, core i3, came with Windows 8 but I upgraded it to 8.1, the memory is 4gb while the HDD is 500gb. Please what can I do to carry out the update successfully.
Thanks

GloryIsaac:

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 27, 2016
upgrading to windows 10 is not essential....at least some systems still use xp.... and the tales of woe after update no one will tell you

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 27, 2016
if I were you I'd stick with windows 8.1

paulbets:
Bros, I have tried to upgrade to Windows 10 severally, but each time after downloading the update to 100%, when is about to start installing, it will just delete the already downloaded update, and start re-downloading it all over again. I have been in this vicious cycle for days. My Laptop is Acer Aspire E1-571, core i3, came with Windows 8 but I upgraded it to 8.1, the memory is 4gb while the HDD is 500gb. Please what can I do to carry out the update successfully.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Experience With A Zinox Laptop / Latest Free Browsing Trick Using Airtel With This Edited Simple Server Config / USA Grade One Laptops.amazing Deals, Rush In!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.