Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:35 AM

Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran (1533 Views)

Sultan’s Misguided Comments On Adamawa Clashes Increasing Tension — Dami Mamza / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) / Dailymail Readers' Comments On TB Joshua's Deliverance Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 3:01am On Jul 21, 2016
The following are some comments of scientists on the scientific miracles in the Holy Quran.
1) Dr. T. V. N. Persaud is Professor of Anatomy, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, and Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. There, he was the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy for 16 years. He is well-known in his field. He is the author or editor of 22 textbooks and has published over 181 scientific papers. In 1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association of Anatomists. When he was asked about the scientific miracles in the Quran which he has researched, he stated the following:
"The way it was explained to me is that Muhammad(SAW) was a very ordinary man. He could not read, didn’t know [how] to write. In fact, he was an illiterate. And we’re talking about twelve [actually about fourteen] hundred years ago. You have someone illiterate making profound pronouncements and statements and that are amazingly accurate about scientific nature. And I personally can’t see how this could be a mere chance. There are too many accuracies and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to these statements.”
Professor Persaud has included some Quranic verses and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) in some of his books. He has also presented these verses and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) at several conferences.

4 Likes

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 3:10am On Jul 21, 2016
2) Dr. Joe Leigh Simpson is the Chairman of
the Department of Obstetrics and
Gynecology, Professor of Obstetrics and
Gynecology, and Professor of Molecular and
Human Genetics at the Baylor College of
Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA. Formerly, he
was Professor of Ob-Gyn and the Chairman
of the Department of Ob-Gyn at the
University of Tennessee, Memphis,
Tennessee, USA. He was also the President
of the American Fertility Society. He has
received many awards, including the
Association of Professors of Obstetrics and
Gynecology Public Recognition Award in
1992. Professor Simpson studied the
following two sayings of the Prophet
Muhammad(SAW) :

{In every one of you, all components of your
creation are collected together in your
mother’s womb by forty days...}

{If forty-two nights have passed over the
embryo, God sends an angel to it, who shapes
it and creates its hearing, vision, skin, flesh,
and bones....}

He studied these two sayings of the Prophet
Muhammad(SAW) extensively, noting that the
first forty days constitute a clearly
distinguishable stage of embryo-genesis. He
was particularly impressed by the absolute
precision and accuracy of those sayings of
the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) . Then, during one
conference, he gave the following opinion:

“So that the two hadeeths (the sayings of the
Prophet Muhammad ) that have been noted
provide us with a specific time table for the
main embryological development before
forty days. Again, the point has been made, I
think, repeatedly by other speakers this
morning: these hadeeths could not have been
obtained on the basis of the scientific
knowledge that was available [at] the time of
their writing . . . . It follows, I think, that not
only there is no conflict between genetics and
religion but, in fact, religion can guide science
by adding revelation to some of the
traditional scientific approaches, that there
exist statements in the Quran shown
centuries later to be valid, which support
knowledge in the Quran having been derived
from God.”

3 Likes

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Aristo3146(m): 3:15am On Jul 21, 2016
Please bros...No vex, why is prophet Mohammad's name always written with a bracket (SAW), what's the full meaning of SAW...
Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 3:16am On Jul 21, 2016
3) Dr. E. Marshall Johnson is Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Developmental Biology at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. There, for 22 years he was Professor of Anatomy, the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy, and the Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute. He was also the President of the Teratology Society. He has authored more than 200 publications. In 1981, during the Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Professor Johnson said in the presentation of his research paper:
“Summary: The Quran describes not only the development of external form, but emphasizes also the internal stages, the stages inside the embryo, of its creation and development, emphasizing major events recognized by contemporary science.”

Also he said: “As a scientist, I can only deal with things which I can specifically see. I can understand embryology and developmental biology. I can understand the words that are translated to me from the Quran. As I gave the example before, if I were to transpose myself into that era, knowing what I knew today and describing things, I could not describe the things which were described. I see no evidence for the fact to refute the concept that this individual, Muhammad, had to be developing this information from some place. So I see nothing here in conflict with the concept that divine intervention was involved in what he was able to write.”

2 Likes

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 3:19am On Jul 21, 2016
4) Dr. William W. Hay is a well-known marine scientist. He is Professor of Geological Sciences at the University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA. He was formerly the Dean of the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science at the University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA. After a discussion with Professor Hay about the Quran’s mention of recently discovered facts on seas, he said:

“I find it very interesting that this sort of information is in the ancient scriptures of the Holy Quran, and I have no way of knowing where they would come from, but I think it is extremely interesting that they are there and that this work is going on to discover it, the meaning of some of the passages.” And when he was asked about the source of the Quran, he replied: “Well, I would think it must be the divine being.”

3 Likes

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 3:22am On Jul 21, 2016
5) Dr. Gerald C. Goeringer is Course Director
and Associate Professor of Medical
Embryology at the Department of Cell
Biology, School of Medicine, Georgetown
University, Washington, DC, USA. During the
Eighth Saudi Medical Conference in Riyadh,
Saudi Arabia, Professor Goeringer stated the
following in the presentation of his research
paper:

“In a relatively few aayahs (Quranic verses) is
contained a rather comprehensive
description of human development from the
time of commingling of the gametes through
organogenesis. No such distinct and
complete record of human development,
such as classification, terminology, and
description, existed previously. In most, if
not all, instances, this description antedates
by many centuries the recording of the
various stages of human embryonic and fetal
development recorded in the traditional scientific literature.”

3 Likes

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 3:23am On Jul 21, 2016
6) Dr. Yoshihide Kozai is Professor Emeritus
at Tokyo University, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan,
and was the Director of the National
Astronomical Observatory, Mitaka, Tokyo,
Japan. He said:

“I am very much impressed by finding true
astronomical facts in [the] Quran, and for us
the modern astronomers have been studying
very small pieces of the universe. We’ve
concentrated our efforts for understanding of
[a] very small part. Because by using
telescopes, we can see only very few parts
[of] the sky without thinking [about the] whole
universe. So, by reading [the] Quran and by answering to the questions, I think I can find
my future way for investigation of the universe.”

3 Likes

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 3:33am On Jul 21, 2016
7) Professor Tejatat Tejasen is the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy at Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Previously, he was the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at the same university. During the Eighth Saudi Medical Conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Professor Tejasen stood up and said:

“During the last three years, I became
interested in the Quran . . . . From my study
and what I have learned from this
conference, I believe that everything that has
been recorded in the Quran fourteen
hundred years ago must be the truth, that
can be proved by the scientific means. Since
the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) could neither read
nor write, Muhammad(SAW) must be a messenger
who relayed this truth, which was revealed to
him as an enlightenment by the one who is
eligible [as the] creator. This creator must be
God. Therefore, I think this is the time to say
La ilaha illa Allah,( there is no god to worship
except Allah (God), Muhammadur rasoolu
Allah, Muhammad is Messenger (Prophet) of
Allah (God)
. Lastly, I must congratulate for
the excellent and highly successful
arrangement for this conference . . . . I have
gained not only from the scientific point of
view and religious point of view but also the
great chance of meeting many well-known
scientists and making many new friends
among the participants. The most precious
thing of all that I have gained by coming to
this place is La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammadur
rasoolu Allah
, and to have become a
Muslim.”

3 Likes

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 3:37am On Jul 21, 2016
After all these examples we have seen about the scientific miracles in the Holy Quran and all these scientists’ comments on this, let us ask ourselves these questions:
Could it be a coincidence that all this recently discovered scientific information from different fields was mentioned in the Quran, which was revealed fourteen centuries ago?
Could this Quran have been authored by Muhammad(SAW) or by any other human being?
The only possible answer is that this Quran must be the literal word of God, revealed by Him.
Source : islamtomorrow.com/proofs/

3 Likes

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 3:59am On Jul 21, 2016
Aristo3146:
Please bros...No vex, why is prophet Mohammad's name always written with a bracket (SAW), what's the full meaning of SAW...

Thanks for asking.

SAW is an acronym for Sallah allahu alaihi wa-sallam, which means "May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him". Although we do recite in full.

We say it to show respect to the prophets when the name of any of them is mentioned.

The Quran states ;

Indeed, Allah confers blessing upon the
Prophet, and His angels [ask Him to do
so]. O you who have believed, ask [ Allah. to confer] blessing upon him and ask [ Allah to
grant him] peace. (Qur'an 33:56)

Also from the Hadeeth:

The Messenger of Allah said: "Whoever sends
one salah upon me, Allah will send ten upon
him."
—Abu Hurayrah

2 Likes

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Richirich713: 9:12am On Jul 21, 2016
Where's the Quran verses?
Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 11:31am On Jul 21, 2016
Richirich713:

Please, I won't be able to post them on here but you click on this link to see them.

https://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-a.htm

1 Like

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 11:54am On Jul 21, 2016
Richirich713:

Presbulg:

Please, I won't be able to post them on here but you click on this link to see them.
https://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-a.htm
Richirich713:

This link will help you too.
www.whyislam.org/on-faith/the-quran-and-modern-science-3/

1 Like

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by onetrack(m): 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
Just be aware that there is no evidence that "Tejatat Tejasen" even exists.

Also Dr. Hay has declared on video that he does not see anything miraculous about the Quran. Look on youtube and you will see it.

1 Like

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 8:28am On Jul 22, 2016
onetrack:
Just be aware that there is no evidence that "Tejatat Tejasen" even exists.

Also Dr. Hay has declared on video that he does not see anything miraculous about the Quran. Look on youtube and you will see it.

I'll try to look into your claims.

It still doesn't disprove the other miracles in the Qu'ran.

1 Like

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Amberon11: 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2016
Lmao to Syria
Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by truthman2012(m): 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2016
The Devil also knows science. So it is not strange if allaah knows science.

I think what should matter in a religion is miracles and not sciences. Science is meant for researchers and not for prophets.
Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Demmzy15(m): 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2016
^^^Then all the Christian scientists are all Devils, I seriously don't know why you'd come up with this sick analogy!

3 Likes

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 12:33am On Jul 23, 2016
Demmzy15:
^^^Then all the Christian scientists are all Devils, I seriously don't know why you'd come up with this sick analogy!

Salam bro, I thought you already know him better than this.
Are you still surprised about the things he writes ? I'm not

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by JackBizzle: 5:06am On Jul 23, 2016
truthman2012:
The Devil also knows science. So it is not strange if allaah knows science.

I think what should matter in a religion is miracles and not sciences. Science is meant for researchers and not for prophets.

I am not a muslim but this your post is highly idiotic.

4 Likes

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by realsolver: 5:47am On Jul 23, 2016
i am highly impressed by this @presbulg. i wish to be uploading loads of info like this but dont have the time. May Allah continue to strenghten you. i appreciate you pls keep up the good work. love you for Allah's sake
Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by truthman2012(m): 6:44am On Jul 23, 2016
Demmzy15:

We are talking about a scripture and a prophet and not scientists generally. Why should you credit science to prophet and not miracles?
Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
realsolver:
i am highly impressed by this @presbulg. i wish to be uploading loads of info like this but dont have the time. May Allah continue to strenghten you. i appreciate you pls keep up
the good work. love you for Allah's sake

Aameen. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Demmzy15(m): 2:10am On Jul 24, 2016
truthman2012:

We are talking about a scripture and a prophet and not scientists generally. Why should you credit science to prophet and not miracles?
And why can't you credit science and miracles to a Prophet? Or is it because your Jesus was too dull to accomplish anything?
Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by truthman2012(m): 7:49am On Jul 24, 2016
JackBizzle:

I am not a muslim but this your post is highly idiotic.

I'm not surprised you are seriously offended because you an atheist. Muslims and atheists have a meeting point and that is why atheists are most times in support of muslims. The meeting point is: the deity that is responsible for atheists not believing in God is also responsible for muslims believing in a false God.

If you are not under the same master, what is your concern for islam as an atheist? You don't believe there is allaah, then why are defending a nonexistent being? Something must be wrong with you, no doubt.

Now that you believe as an atheist that satan exists, doesn't he know science?

Should a prophet be talking about sciences or miracles? State.

We all know Muhammad as the greatest "prophet" of allaah could not heal anyone, why was he into what you term sciences?
Re: Scientists' Comments On Scientific Miracles In The Quran by Presbulg(m): 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
truthman2012:

I'm not surprised you are seriously offended because you an atheist. Muslims and atheists have a meeting point and that is why atheists are most times in support of muslims. The meeting point is: the deity that is responsible for atheists not believing in God is also responsible for muslims believing in a false God.

If you are not under the same master, what is your concern for islam as an atheist? You don't believe there is allaah, then why are defending a nonexistent being? Something must be wrong with you, no doubt.

Now that you believe as an atheist that satan exists, doesn't he know science?

Should a prophet be talking about sciences or miracles? State.

We all know Muhammad as the greatest "prophet" of allaah could not heal anyone, why was he into what you term sciences?

All you do shout up and down is miracle miracle miracle.

And you're dumb if you think science and religion cannot work together. Is it religion that made the phone and the internet you're using ?

Your pastors visit Hospitals regularly for check up by machines made through the help of science and you're here asking stupid questions.

I know of a pastor that was blind and died that way, Jesus couldn't heal him or what ?

I've told myself I don't want to argue with you anymore cuz obviously you're a dumbo but seeing as you've started showing your gullibility on my post, I just have to let you know how dumb and stupid you actually are.

And let me clear you about something, it was God telling Mohammed about his creation. Cuz you're obviously dumb to know it's impossible for any man to know about such things during that period unless he was told by God the author of earth itself.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If Moses Had Google Maps It Would Have Taken Only 6 Days To Travel To Jerusalem / Dear,yahweh And Allah,why Am I Declining In Faith? / What We Should Do To Our Pastors After This COVID-19 Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.