Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? (2033 Views)

10 Old Fashioned Dating Habits To Bring Back / 9 Signs You’re An Old-fashioned Gentleman In A Modbern World / 11 Old-fashioned Relationship Habits We Should Bring Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by destiny(m): 1:40pm On May 27, 2005
Is the "waiting" game "old fashioned"

I am beginning to wonder why our youth no longer exercise patience any longer these days, especially when it comes to the issue of relationships. These days a guy or lady wants to get attached at all costs. If we can exercise patience and wait till the right person comes along, I think the world will be a better place to live in.
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by chawkee(m): 5:15pm On May 27, 2005
Destiny the man, correct. Anything to make the world a better place is highly appreciated. But how long waiting do you prescribe? grin grin
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by jummy79(f): 2:50pm On May 30, 2005
I think you're right. There is a lot of pressure put on people to be attached and in a relationship. Even I would like to be in a relationship but at the same time I appreciate that rushing into one is not the right plan so I have been "waiting" for years now. I would rather be single than be in a crappy relationship.

Hmm, it depends on how you define waiting.

I'm almost 26 and I'm waiting for the right person to come along, but not in the sense of sitting around doing nothing. I'm trying to establish a career and save for my future, regardless of whether I end up spending it alone or with a man.

So, I'm an advocate of waiting, but not waiting and doing nothing, if that makes sense.
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by dablessed(f): 10:46pm On May 31, 2005
The waiting game is certainly not old fashioned. I av friends that are waiting, some already married, as virgins. So it is not old fashioned. The bible is not old fashioned is it?
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by hotpikin(f): 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2005
nah...it ain't old-fashioned
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by christyne(f): 11:26am On Feb 02, 2006
Nah!!Its no old fashion......one needs to be patient to get mr./miss right cos if u rush into marriage,u're definitely gonna rush out,aiite?? SO IT AINT OLD FASHION.
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by mckaycee(m): 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2006
it really is not old fashioned, but you have to stick your boobs out a bit for someone to have look at some nice natural endownment and decide to wait no more.
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by ocho(f): 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2006
I certainly do not consider it old fashioned, neither does my holy bible.
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by luxoire(f): 10:57pm On Feb 02, 2006
waiting is not old fashioned...but u see im one of those ppl that believe you can still have fun, be in a relationship, and as long as both of you know its long term and for the rest of ur lives, waiting a few years till marriage b4 indulging in any kinda sexual activity is not wrong...if one of the partners feels its wrong...then he knows the door grin

NEVER feel as though ur pressured in a relationship to do anything, esp to have sex..if u feel that way, and ur not ready 4it..dat guy is WRONG for u...leave wink

having said that som ppl blieve practice makes perfect, or they are not about to get into somthin thats gonna last the rest of their lies when they dont even know how it tastes...how pessin go cook pot soup no taste?...lol cool

so i guess it should come down to individuals...whatever u do, do it for u and BE SAFE
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by hotangel2(f): 12:12am On Feb 04, 2006
No it's not.
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2006
life is 2oo short 2 be waiting 4 opportunities
when da chance comes GRAB IT
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by ocho(f): 6:35pm On Feb 22, 2006
undecided
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by smartsoft(m): 7:32pm On Feb 22, 2006
I don't think it is ooo
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by Cayon(f): 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2008
@poster

yea
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by richo2: 8:48pm On Dec 21, 2008
are we talkin about waiting to get married, waiting to get a boy/girl friend or waiting to have sex? undecided
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by SeaGoddes(f): 9:18pm On Dec 21, 2008
yes it is old fashioned, cox the world now as we know it is very fast paced, it is either u do it now or die waiting cry

even if it falls thank jehovah god for divorce court and breakup songs and books one can always get out there and continue searching

days are gone when young girls sit / dream and wait for their prince charming now they have to go out and grab one grin

of course people can still wait but then for how long undecided
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by OBVIOUS(m): 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2008
Of course waiting is not old fashioned but what exactly is one waiting for.

richo2:

are we talkin about waiting to get married, waiting to get a boy/girl friend or waiting to have sex? undecided

Good point and good question Richo

I want to WAIT to get married but not wait to have sex.  Sex is not a big deal as people place an emphasis on.  Virgin this, Virgin that. What if  one marries his/her husband/wife as virgins and then divorce occurs ?  (the woman is no longer a virgin and the man isn't) whats next ? DEATH!!! L O L.

I don't want to rush in, rush out of marriage. I want to wait to marry at least the close to the ideal person as no one is perfect.
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by OBVIOUS(m): 9:33pm On Dec 21, 2008
Right on Sea~Goddes

Those dayz are truly gone.
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by RuuDie(m): 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2008
Gosh. . . . . if u see 'em, u dig 'em, everything feels right - the communication, chemistry etc; then why stall
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by Cayon(f): 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2008
Sea~Goddes:

yes it is old fashioned, cox the world now as we know it is very fast paced, it is either u do it now or die waiting cry
even if it falls thank jehovah god for divorce court and breakup songs and books one can always get out there and continue searching

days are gone when young girls sit / dream and wait for their prince charming now they have to go out and grab one grin

I laugh until I cry grin grin
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by 8ball(m): 10:26pm On Dec 21, 2008
richo2:

nice question but then dont u fink u are being too old fashioned in finking

does it matter which one?, lol
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by Nobody: 2:00am On Dec 22, 2008
No, WDH, it is not!! grin cheesy grin
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by A40(m): 3:35am On Dec 22, 2008
RuuDie:

Gosh. . . . . if u see 'em, u dig 'em, everything feels right - the communication, chemistry etc; then why stall
Exactly!

Wait for someone else to snatch her from me abi .Thanks but no Thanks
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by dean2725: 10:51pm On Dec 22, 2008
Sea~Goddes:

you think breaking up is like xmas that you celebrate?
i guessed you still have some drop of breast milk in your mouth, wink wink
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by tRoOE(f): 5:03am On Dec 23, 2008
@poster
You go wait tire grin
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by Nobody: 5:04am On Dec 23, 2008
@ topic

Waiting for who?

Are you 15, called Mary and a virgin?

If you are not, join the queue.
Re: Is the 'Waiting Game' Old-fashioned? by johnnygan(m): 5:16am On Dec 23, 2008
Mr destiny, it is now our destiny to forfeit waiting games
its such a big puzzle

(1) (Reply)

Ever Noticed That / My Girlfriend Talks To Me With Anger But Can Be Friendly. Is This Love? / What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.