Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,832 members, 7,806,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps (22069 Views)

How To Solve Google Maps Not Working After Symbian Belle Update. / Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone / Download Nigeria City Maps On Your Mobile Phone - no browsing fees. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Orikenny(m): 4:47pm On Mar 11, 2010
Browse thru d thread,all invalid links av been replaced with good working ones
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by talk2medo(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2010
Thanks Man!! grin grin
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by talk2medo(m): 1:13pm On Mar 16, 2010
I love this!!! grin grin

Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by zenus(m): 3:02pm On Mar 16, 2010
Welcome to the world of Garmin
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by zenus(m): 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2010
talk2medo:

I love this!!! grin grin

Your GPS is not showing, what happen?
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Rogbese(m): 7:52pm On May 31, 2010
working PERFECTLY on Nokia N95-1. Anyone needing assistance should let me know,
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Wilfem(m): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2010
I just hope and pray that the determination with which I intend to install this thing on my phone will see me through to the end of this lengthy process.
Good work, keep it up, I'll get back here to give the feedback of my luck cheesy grin
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honsule(m): 4:10pm On Jun 02, 2010
Wilfem:

I just hope and pray that the determination with which I intend to install this thing on my phone will see me through to the end of this lengthy process.
Good work, keep it up, I'll get back here to give the feedback of my luck cheesy grin

It took me several hours of meticulousness following the instruction on how to install Garmin Map

Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Wilfem(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2010
I just finished downloading the Nigerian map from the rapidshare links.
I'm about to begin the 'real' wahala of the koko of the matter. I wish myself all the best.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Jibson999(m): 8:34am On Jun 04, 2010
Guys please can i install the map on my nokia e65, does it affect location
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Rogbese(m): 10:43am On Jun 04, 2010
@jibson
It will work on any symbian s60v3 phone but will require a gps receiver. If the phone does not have one built in, then it will need an external bluetooth device.
@wilfem
Best of luck bro! Trust me, you wont be disappointed.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Jeophri(m): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2010
so how do i get started?
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by viperman: 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2010
How can one install this stuff on car navigation screens?
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by aieromon(m): 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2010
viperman:

How can one install this stuff on car navigation screens?

You'll have to visit a vendor for that.
This thread is for the Garmin XT Mobile version.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Wilfem(m): 1:58pm On Jun 04, 2010
Finally finally, I got it working on my N79, but not as difficult as I thought, though i'm still looking for how I can enjoy other features of it like the voice guidance. Any ifo or insruction on how to get this working on myphone.
When I first got my N79 & installed the Nokia Maps, I thought I was on top of the world, not until today that I finished installing this Garmin application, of course you can't compare sleep to death cheesy grin
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by aieromon(m): 2:35pm On Jun 04, 2010
Wilfem:

When I first got my N79 & installed the Nokia Maps, I thought I was on top of the world, not until today that I finished installing this Garmin application, of course you can't compare sleep to death cheesy grin

grin grin
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by zenus(m): 3:26pm On Jun 04, 2010
Wilfem:

It depend on the area. In calabar Nokia map is better than Garmin but in other state is the otherwise
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by b0y(m): 6:08am On Jul 17, 2010
Guys guys guys, please i'm kinda lost on this ish.Had to dig up this thread cos the need arose.First i can't seem to get a working link to download the map.i use a n95 8gb which i strongly believe would work with garmin.Could anyone be nice enough to post me or refer me to a working link to download the file? i think the tutorial by orikeny is quite clear enough which i have already downloaded all i just need is how to download this large file.The good guys where u at? Save a brother
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by delkinz(m): 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2010
some1 shud pls help me wit dis stuff, i need it on my nokia e72. i dont mind coming over to ur place to have it installed on my fone. Help a brother pls delkinz@yahoo.com
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by zenus(m): 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2010
delkinz:

some1 shud pls help me wit dis stuff, i need it on my nokia e72. i dont mind coming over to your place to have it installed on my fone. Help a brother pls delkinz@yahoo.com
b0y:

Guys guys guys, please i'm kinda lost on this ish.Had to dig up this thread cos the need arose.First i can't seem to get a working link to download the map.i use a n95 8gb which i strongly believe would work with garmin.Could anyone be nice enough to post me or refer me to a working link to download the file? i think the tutorial by orikeny is quite clear enough which i have already downloaded all i just need is how to download this large file.The good guys where u at? Save a brother

If you guys follow this thread carefully,
The sky will be your limit.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by day0(m): 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2010
So i downloaded off d rapidshare link on d first page but right now i'm stuck as to wot to do next.To make matters worse, the HOW TO.txt by orikenny don't even relate to what's been downloaded.like the mapsource thingy he talked about isn't in d .rar file i downloaded.The file instead has folders like BIN , ENU, USB-Drivers among others.Am i still on track at all? Please help.btw the file i downloaded is about 122 and boy did it take me ages to get it successfully downloaded.So please guys just lend a helping hand eh?
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Muza(m): 6:13am On Aug 09, 2010
Pls and pls i need the naija map cos i cant download it from rapidshare,can any one pls help me
and also the imei converter
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Muza(m): 6:16am On Aug 09, 2010
pls i need to install garmin very badly cos i'm a corpr nd i dnt know lagos,pls help me.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by aieromon(m): 9:38am On Aug 09, 2010
@Muza
What fone do you use and what part of Lagos are you in?
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Muza(m): 11:53am On Aug 09, 2010
@aieromon
i'm using nokia E71 nd i stay at Ogba.
thanx,
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Muza(m): 1:30pm On Aug 09, 2010
@aieromon et al.
pls help me, hw can i get it.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by aieromon(m): 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2010
Muza:

@aieromon
i'm using nokia E71 nd i stay at Ogba.
thanx,

Drop your e-add.i'll get back to you
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Muza(m): 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2010
@aieromon
muzzammild@yahoo.co.uk
thanx
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Muza(m): 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2010
waiting for your mail.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Jibson999(m): 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2010
hi guys i just got a nokia 5800.
i need to get this preloaded map stuff. i dont have any idea how to go about it
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Jibson999(m): 7:02am On Aug 10, 2010
hi guys i just got a nokia 5800.
i need to get this preloaded map stuff. i dont have any idea how to go about it
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by labiyemmy(m): 8:01am On Aug 11, 2010
If you are still downloading these maps- you are in the stone age- those are maps of Nigeria that are five years old or more. In Abuja alone, I can point you to ten major changes on ground that are not reflected on these maps people are downloading - but anyway, well done y'all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. / The Top 8 Budget Smartphones For 2019 / What Is Your Favorite Mobile Phone Game ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.