Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,880 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:08 AM

Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls (67449 Views)

Governor Eric Greitens Arrested After Circulating Nude Photos Of Lover / Malawian Minister Sits On The Floor While Addressing President Peter Mutharika / See How Much Pres.obama Is Paid Per Month! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by contactmorak: 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
According to BBC News, Eric Avina pictured is a middle aged HIV positive Malawian man whose responsibility it is to conduct "sexual cleansing" for underaged and also matured women in Nsanje district in southern Malawi.

Avina in his community is referred to as Hyena, a traditional title given to a man hired by communities in several remote parts of southern Malawi to provide what's called sexual "cleansing".

If a man dies, for example, his wife is required by tradition to sleep with Avina before she can bury him. If a woman has an abortion, she is expected to sleep with Avina to undergo cleansing. Also teenage girls, after their first menstruation, are made to have sex over a three-day period with Avina to mark their passage from childhood to womanhood. If the girls refuse, it's believed, disease or some fatal misfortune could befall their families or the village as a whole. He says he's one of 10 hyenas in their community, and that every village in Nsanje district has them. They are paid from $4 to $7 (£3 to £5) each time.
"Most of those I have slept with are girls, school-going girls. Some girls are just 12 or 13 years old, but I prefer them older. All these girls find pleasure in having me as their hyena. They actually are proud and tell other people that this man is a real man, he knows how to please a woman." he told BBC

Avina when asked said he is aware that he is HIV positive but he doesn't tell the women he sleeps with. Although he has lost count of the women he has slept with, he puts the figure at about 104. He is married to two women who know about his job and approve.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/07/photos-meet-hiv-positive-malawian-man.html

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by contactmorak: 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by cruzita(f): 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
shocked
tradition go kill some people before their time ooooooo

oluwa!!!!!

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Ahmed0336(m): 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is serious!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2016
Some cultural practices! The Luo of Kenya have a similar culture.HIV & Aids is finishing entire communities like that.

He probably got it from one of the clients he was "cleansing" after a spouse died of HIV.

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Pizzanatty(m): 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nothing person no go hear and see in the name of culture.

For me...any cultural practice that contradicts my thinking pattern can go and sleep if after negotiation isn't working...

May God help them...

21 Likes

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by sheunsheun(m): 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
Africa is way backward!!!

The last pic tho, is he showing us the size and shape of his.... lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Hbuyosh(m): 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
Muafrika2:
Some cultural practices! The Luo of Kenya have a similar culture.HIV & Aids is finishing entire communities like that.

He probably got it from one of the clients he was "cleansing" after a spouse died of HIV.
Do u have the evidence? Acha kuwa mjinga.

This man is lying.

4 Likes

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Ranchhoddas: 5:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
I don't believe this. Source?
Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Franchise21(m): 5:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
AFRICA!!! CHAI!!!
Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by IamLEGEND1: 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
what Kind of fuckery is this?
but Buhari sha....maka why?

13 Likes

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hbuyosh:

This man is lying.

Evidence ya nini? Kwani hujatoka nje ya Nairobi ama burial zote ume attend ni za Lang'ata. Do u know where HIV rate is highest in Kenya?

Follow this link for the Kenyan widow cleanser...

http://www.jiasociety.org/index.php/jias/article/view/19010/3800

Tanzania widow cleansing

http://news.trust.org//item/20131004013124-9hq3g/

Tembea Kenya kabla kuropokwa.

4 Likes

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Cutehector(m): 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
Some nigerian girls need "cleansing" too.
Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by prospero5(m): 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
maybe this was only practised before the arrival of the white man. mtchw
Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by eleojo23: 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
The World Health Organisation is trying hard to reduce HIV burden and this guy is busy giving more people HIV.
Does he know the cost of providing anti-retroviral drugs?

He is probably getting his drugs free of charge and that is why he can go about sleeping with women.

I blame the ignorant community for allowing this nonsense in the name of tradition.

10 Likes

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by wheredemdey: 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
Cursed race

The Blackman is a big waste....inhaling air meant for sane people with his huge wide blacknose.

Ndi ala

6 Likes

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by tukdi: 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
undecided I blame BUHARI!

2 Likes

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by mccoy47(m): 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
Africa!!!

4 Likes

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by gunuvi(m): 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
I want to be a hyena too. Who knows where Malawian embassy dey grin >sad >sad cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by ameezy(m): 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Mehn undecided
It is serious o

1 Like

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Flashh: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Just 4 dollars for unprotected sex with someone who is HIV positive? Now I know poverty is a disease to some people that can never be cured.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by MadCow1: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Why Evil?
Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
AFRICAgrin grin grin
Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Damfostopper(m): 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
Just negodu

4 Likes

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by allytinted: 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
The evil that men do....hmmm
Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
this is An Insult to Covenant University
Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by shammah1(m): 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
shocked

The world is extremely wicked cry

2 Likes

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by MadCow1: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
cruzita:
shocked

tradition go kill some people before their time ooooooo

oluwa!!!!!

You never Halla.. grin

Better come make I be your Hyena.. grin
Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Dinhodinho(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
Make I Count My Money First

10 Likes

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by Beey(f): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hbuyosh:

This man is lying.
sasa mshaanza vita kwa mtandao?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by olajumokegloria: 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
He is probably using them for rituals or for age renewal .his case is spiritual

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lindokuhle Dlamini Kissing Jacob Zuma's Lookalike, Calls Him 'Sugar Daddy' / Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf / Yahya Jammeh Arrives Airport For His Departure. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.