Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt (25884 Views)

How I Lost 120,000 Naira In 20days For Buying Blackberry Keyone / I Thought I Lost My Phone But This Man Returned It. (pic) / I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Dandsome: 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
As I write this, I am feeling very hurt about my experience. Not because I lost my phone, but because of the circumstances around it.

This is how it went.

I prepare nutritious pap powder and sell to families. So on this fateful day, Tuesday 19th July 2016 I was on my way to deliver my product to a customer via waybill to Abuja.
After all the hustle around people I settled somewhere to make a call before proceeding, only for me to find out to my greatest shock that my phone was missing.

Sharp sharp, I used my torchlight phone to dial the number. Lo and behold it was switched off. My head wan scatter. cry cry

In this kinda economy, I hustle money to buy Tecno W4 na him person go steal am?

That the phone was stolen wasn`t what got me mad. What weakened me was the fact that the details of the person I was to waybill the stuff to was inside the phone that just got stolen. Which kind problem be this one? cry

The woman don already pay money o… Why devil wan try himself? shocked

I didn`t know if I was to start cursing the thief or whatever. I felt defeated because I was not given a fair and level playing ground. The guy no pity me at all. Why didn`t he do the “pick-pocket” when I wasn`t carrying anything? Why did he have to wait until my both hands were full with load before he stole?. Just as there are rules of engagement in war, there should be rules of engagement in “Pick-pocket” .

Since economy is bad and no job, even the jobs people have are being lost, I hustle to put food on my table and not be a criminal na him person go steal my phone. If I was doing something bad when it was stolen I for no complain.

Another place I felt defeated was when I went to carlcare office Computer village ikeja to see if I can block the phone so that both of us won`t use the phone again but the lady there told me it can`t be done. Nairalanders, biko is there a way for a phone to be blocked when stolen or how a phone can be retrieved when you have the IMEI??

I also read sometimes online here, (though I was too occupied I didn’t pay attention) That Tecno has a wrist band (I don`t know the name) that can tell you when your phone is about to be stolen.
My phone runs on Android 6.0 and the wrist-band from what I read works on android 6.0. If I had the Tecno wrist band, it would have vibrated. And immediately it vibrated I would have known that something was wrong.

My Tecno W4 has an inbuilt battery. If I had known I would have used a lock code or lock pattern. That way if the thief was about leaving It would have vibrated and I would have called my number. Now since it has an inbuilt battery, the thief wouldn`t have been able to switch the phone off so immediately I dialed it would have rung.

Lessons you too can learn and what I should have done

1. Always lock your phone with a code or pattern
2. Always hold your phone when in a crowded place. No matter how deep your phone is, these pick pockets will find a way
3. Like my friend will suggest, use earpiece. He said that once you use earpiece, immediately your phone leaves your pocket, the thief will pull the earpiece which will draw your attention.
4. Once any suspicious person keeps following you, change direction.
5. Get a Tecno wrist Band

Suggestion
I`ll suggest Tecno and Carlcare should find a way to help people retrieve their phones when stolen. Or they should be able to block the phone when the rightful owner shows a proof. At least this will discourage pick-pocket in a way once they know they are holding a dead phone.

Guys please those who know phones very well, is there a cheap android phone one can get that runs on android 6.0? Any suggestion? Also how can I block my stolen phone?
Right now the thief is winning me like 3-0. I want to equalize or reduce it to 3-2 (football fans will understand) grin grin

Can someone please tell me more about it the Tecno wrist band for phones? Where can I get it? How much is it? And is it for only Tecno phones ?

Please I take God beg una. If you don`t know the answer abeg no derail my thread. Thank you.

Anybody close to Seun, lalasticlala, dragnet, puskin and honsule should please help me tell them to push this to front page so if the woman is a Nairalander, she will see this and know that I lost her number so she can dial my number. Her goods are already in keffi. I sent it to a friend so once I get her number, my friend can deliver to her. Keffi to Abuja is closer than Lagos to Abuja. Somebori help me oooo

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Kenneth205(m): 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hmmm
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by gsley: 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hp u don deliver the goods sha
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Dandsome: 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
gsley:
Hp u don deliver the goods sha

No oooooo... Her number don lost cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Xhaka(m): 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
Are they still selling the t-band?

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by sorextee(m): 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
Sad story.. Lesson learnt.
That was how dey snatched my s4 at berger(Abuja). Was sitting by d window, playing candy crush. One sharp guy move am from outside. After a week, I decided to trace d fone, the phone was already in onitsha. But was able to wipe my data remotely, via Samsung website.

But op, don't tecno have a website like that, where u register ur device, nd u can also trace it Wen lost. All I hear is calcare. What is carlcare?Dont know how dat works.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Dam5reey(m): 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
The band only tell you when the phone is no longer close to you... Not when it is about to be stolen....

Always secure your phone..
I remembered it was named handsets... Always hold your phone
Also enable the security features on your next phone
Don't use earphones cos. For my eye a phone was removed from someone pocket without knowing..
Google can also help to block the phone..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Dandsome: 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
Dam5reey:
The band only tell you when the phone is no longer close to you... Not when it is about to be stolen....

Always secure your phone..
I remembered it was named handsets... Always hold your phone
Also enable the security features on your next phone
Don't use earphones cos. For my eye a phone was removed from someone pocket without knowing..
Google can also help to block the phone..

How can google help to block the phone? Please I need it urgently.. The guy don de win me like 5-0 now.

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by infogenius(m): 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
Dandsome:
As I write this, I am feeling very hurt about my experience. Not because I lost my phone, but because of the circumstances around it.

This is how it went.

I prepare nutritious pap powder and sell to families. So on this fateful day, Tuesday 19th July 2016 I was on my way to deliver my product to a customer via waybill to Abuja.
After all the hustle around people I settled somewhere to make a call before proceeding, only for me to find out to my greatest shock that my phone was missing.

Sharp sharp, I used my torchlight phone to dial the number. Lo and behold it was switched off. My head wan scatter. cry cry

In this kinda economy, I hustle money to buy Tecno W4 na him person go steal am?

That the phone was stolen wasn`t what got me mad. What weakened me was the fact that the details of the person I was to waybill the stuff to was inside the phone that just got stolen. Which kind problem be this one? cry

The woman don already pay money o… Why devil wan try himself? shocked

I didn`t know if I was to start cursing the thief or whatever. I felt defeated because I was not given a fair and level playing ground. The guy no pity me at all. Why didn`t he do the “pick-pocket” when I wasn`t carrying anything? Why did he have to wait until my both hands were full with load before he stole?. Just as there are rules of engagement in war, there should be rules of engagement in “Pick-pocket” .

Since economy is bad and no job, even the jobs people have are being lost, I hustle to put food on my table and not be a criminal na him person go steal my phone. If I was doing something bad when it was stolen I for no complain.

Another place I felt defeated was when I went to carlcare office Computer village ikeja to see if I can block the phone so that both of us won`t use the phone again but the lady there told me it can`t be done. Nairalanders, biko is there a way for a phone to be blocked when stolen or how a phone can be retrieved when you have the IMEI??

I also read sometimes online here, (though I was too occupied I didn’t pay attention) That Tecno has a wrist band (I don`t know the name) that can tell you when your phone is about to be stolen.
My phone runs on Android 6.0 and the wrist-band from what I read works on android 6.0. If I had the Tecno wrist band, it would have vibrated. And immediately it vibrated I would have known that something was wrong.

My Tecno W4 has an inbuilt battery. If I had known I would have used a lock code or lock pattern. That way if the thief was about leaving It would have vibrated and I would have called my number. Now since it has an inbuilt battery, the thief wouldn`t have been able to switch the phone off so immediately I dialed it would have rung.

Lessons you too can learn and what I should have done

1. Always lock your phone with a code or pattern
2. Always hold your phone when in a crowded place. No matter how deep your phone is, these pick pockets will find a way
3. Like my friend will suggest, use earpiece. He said that once you use earpiece, immediately your phone leaves your pocket, the thief will pull the earpiece which will draw your attention.
4. Once any suspicious person keeps following you, change direction.
5. Get a Tecno wrist Band

Suggestion
I`ll suggest Tecno and Carlcare should find a way to help people retrieve their phones when stolen. Or they should be able to block the phone when the rightful owner shows a proof. At least this will discourage pick-pocket in a way once they know they are holding a dead phone.

Guys please those who know phones very well, is there a cheap android phone one can get that runs on android 6.0? Any suggestion? Also how can I block my stolen phone?
Right now the thief is winning me like 3-0. I want to equalize or reduce it to 3-2 (football fans will understand) grin grin

Can someone please tell me more about it the Tecno wrist band for phones? Where can I get it? How much is it? And is it for only Tecno phones ?

Please I take God beg una. If you don`t know the answer abeg no derail my thread. Thank you.

Anybody close to Seun, lalasticlala, dragnet, puskin and honsule should please help me tell them to push this to front page so if the woman is a Nairalander, she will see this and know that I lost her number so she can dial my number. Her goods are already in keffi. I sent it to a friend so once I get her number, my friend can deliver to her. Keffi to Abuja is closer than Lagos to Abuja. Somebori help me oooo

eeya.It ain't your fault you lost your phone.
It's so unfortunate that it had to be you.

You may also try to contact the bank she paid your
money into and explain to the Manager or whoever
cares to listen to get more information she gave
while making payment.

Don't worry you will get over the loss in no time

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Dandsome: 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
infogenius:

eeya.It ain't your fault you lost your phone.
It's so unfortunate that it had to be you.

You may also try to contact the bank she paid your
money into and explain to the Manager or whoever
cares to listen to get more information she gave
while making payment.

Don't worry you will get over the loss in no time

She actually paid using internet banking. Can the bank freely give me her details?
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by infogenius(m): 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
Dandsome:

She actually paid using internet banking. Can the bank freely give me her details?
Just give it a try by explaining to them.
They may even call her to confirm before she is asked to call your other line
No sin in trying

13 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Dandsome: 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
infogenius:

Just give it a try by explaining to them.
They may even call her to confirm before she is asked to call your other line
No sin in trying

Thanks. I`ll try is tomorrow. Also abeg you sabi how I fit block my stolen phone? Its a Tecno W4
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Layooluwa(f): 8:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hmmmmm, lesson learntsmiley
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by 1231awa(m): 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
Dandsome:

Sir, you can try transferring the money back to her via internet banking, but add a short note under the remarks box telling her u lost her contact thus the refund. That way she would get the message together with the credit alert... Been long I tried it though, I hope it still works, but hey, at least you get to refund her money.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
op next time root your phone. Install Anti-Theft (rooted) app.

the app will still be there even after the phone has been formatted, and one the phone connects online you can remotely coontrol the phone

screen shot, snap shot, get location............

this works for only rooted phones.
do small googling for details i don try

AND OP SORRY FOR YA LOST SHA

am a certified blogger

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by eleko1: 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
Sorry sad sad,Ndo, sad, Pele sad.Find a way to reach/contact Ur Lady customer first b4 she KAl Name wey ur Papa Nor give u.TECno undecided! TUfia sad.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by DaBullIT(m): 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
You have been stolen grin grin grin

Sorry about your loss but i just can't help being mischievous , i am in a good mood tonight , but i am sincerely sorry for your loss

you may not be able to retrieve your phone , However i can teach you a few tips

The very first thing you should have done is password your phone , Phone lock , sim lock , device / application lock , Lock everything lockable , this is a lesson for next time

Have you downloaded anything from playstore ? If yes, YOU may be in luck especially if the barawo hasn't wiped your phone ,

If your gmail is still signed in , all you have to do is

www.google.com/android/devicemanager this will work only if the gmail is still signed in and you always keep your gps on just sign in on the site there and click find my phone, the GPS keeps logs so wherever the robber is using the phone will be logged , you'll have an idea , also this function can locate that phone with pin point accuracy up to 99.9%

Also you can use this function to wipe your phone if you have sensitive data on it

finally there is a site , but i forgot it and im too sleepy to search , the site you list anything that you have lost or was stolen from you , just put the IMEI on the site and the phone's description, if someone does buy the phone and your IMEI is active or searched, the site may be able to help you recover it

Sincerely sorry for your loss ,

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by BE811APP: 9:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
Thanks for d heads up!

Sorry about ur business going south...

If u stored the ladies no. on ur google email..

Log on to a laptop.. go to contacts.. her number should be there..

unless if u didnt save her number..
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Ayoswit(f): 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
v
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Doctorbrains01(m): 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
Here in Germany, we don't have pick pockets

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by klepe500: 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
Good lesson
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by iamkingzlee(m): 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2016
Eyah! I feel your pain. I've been there..

That Tecno has a wrist band (I don`t know the name) that can tell you when your phone is about to be stolen.
My phone runs on Android 6.0 and the wrist-band from what I read works on android 6.0. If I had the Tecno wrist band, it would have vibrated. And immediately it vibrated I would have known that something was wrong
shocked How true is this? Someone school me, please?
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Chidizman(m): 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
Eyaaa, I feel your pain bro. I think you can transfer the money back to the recipient via Internet banking. Or quickly do a welcome back, She ll definitely call.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Generalkorex(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
eyaa
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Category1: 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
[size=13pt]lesson learnt: we shouldn't forgive these heartless niggas when given jungle justice[/size]

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Integrityfarms(m): 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
All I can say is please take heart. it could have happened to anyone too so I ain't blaming you!
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by sirtee2k3(m): 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
advertise your good and services on www.adsposition.com for free
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Layooluwa(f): 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
Doctorbrains01:
Here in Germany, we don't have pick pockets

undecided
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by 8BitGee(m): 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
Since it's an Android phone and assuming you had your contacts backed up, you can retrieve your contacts by visiting contacts.google.com
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by Layooluwa(f): 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
MP3BADOOdotCOM:
ok
happy birthdaysmiley. I have been looking for the 75yrs old woman doing her birthday todaycheesy
Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by MeoClark(m): 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
Lagos and pick pockets

Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by donvicky2007: 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
OP you have a good marketing skills.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

iPhone 6 (Pictures) / 13 Things You Need To Know About The Tecno L9plus / Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.