Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching (49866 Views)

Shocking! Husband And Wife Beat Daughter To Death, Their Reason Will Shock You / Esther Audu Shades Actresses Who Refused To Attend Her Wedding / Top 10 Nigerian Actresses With The Biggest Boobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by badassProdigy(m): 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
Here are six of Nigeria’s finest actresses who have all sought refuge under the umbrella of Islam:

1. Moji Olaiya

Moji was born to Christian parents, her father being the legendary Nigerian singer Victor Olaiya. She was brought up in Christian ways although her mother was a Muslim before converting to Christianity. She ended converting to Islam after suffering a few marital woes. Moji has been married twice and both marriages came to a halt. The single mother of one states that Islam gives her more power and inner calm.
In one of her interviews, she confessed,“Honestly, Islam is a peaceful religion. The aspect I love most is that you don’t need any pastor to get closer to God. You don’t really need anybody to pray for you. You can always pray on your own and Almighty Allah will answer your prayer without any intermediary. I have been doing that since I became a Muslim and it has always worked for me.”

2. Vivian Metchie

Nollywood star, Vivian was born to Catholic father and a Deeper Life Mother. She married a man who was a member of the Redeemed Church but the marriage eventually failed leaving her with four children.
According to her, she switched religions because at a point in time, she got confused as various Christian churches had something bad to say about one another. Explaining her actions, the screen diva said, “It is a personal decision. I understand the Koran more than the Bible… I was probably looking for peace. Yeah! That was what I was looking for and I found it in the Koran.” Vivian adopted the name Fareedah as her muslim name and according to her, her parents were supportive of her decision to switch religions.

3. Liz Da Silva

Popular actress, Liz Da Silva was known to be a Christian up until the time she allegedly had a child for former NURTW Oshodi boss, Musiliu Akinsanya better known as MC Oluomo. When things did not work out between them, she married a Muslim man named Olaoye. Because of the birth of her son, Roheem and her new family, Liz became a Muslim and adopted the name Aishat.
“In case you want to know I have a good relationship with my baby’s father and that is why I had to convert to Muslim and got a new name Aishat before the baby was named. I am a Christian, but I had to convert to Islam because of my baby,” Liz Da Silva revealed in an interview.

4. Liz Anjorin

Lizzy, real name Elizabeth Anjorin is a household name as far as Nollywood is concerned. She was brought up in a Christian family however she found solace in Islam. In 2013, she came out to state categorically that she is a Muslim and soon after her revelation, she jetted off to Mecca for Hajj.
Addressing her faith to critics, Lizzy explained that she has always had ties to the Muslim world judging from the fact that her mother is a Muslim. She once said in an interview, “Although my name is Elizabeth, which is the Christian name my dad gave me because he was a Christian. Then, I also have a Muslim name, Aishat, given to me by my mother, who was a Muslim. Also, some from my mother’s family members also named me Sekinat. Even my daughter’s name is Rufaidat. So, I grew with the two religions.”
She added, “Islam has been in me for long. I only kept it to myself. It is my private life.”
However, certain unconfirmed sources suggest that her conversion happened after a relationship with a certain Alhaji in Lagos.

5. Laide Bakare

Super actress, Laide Bakare was Christian up until the time she left her Christian husband and started dating an alleged money bag in Lagos named Alhaji Tunde Orilowo fondly referred to as ATM. Laide had to convert to Islam after marrying him and becoming another one of his wives.

6. Lola Alao

Light complexioned Lola Alao is the newest convert in town. Her switch to the tent of Islam was broken by an Islamic scholar on Facebook and she will now be known as Rohdiat. A perusal of her Instagram page shows that she now sends out greetings in the name of Allah.

In 2013, Alao wedded Wale Ajibola, her second husband, in the United States after her marriage to Dare Ogunlana came to an end in 2008. According to sources, her first marriage crashed after accusations of infidelity and fetish acts surfaced.

http://stargist.com/nigerian_celebrity/6-nigerian-actresses-who-have-converted-to-islam-and-their-reasons-for-switching/

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by badassProdigy(m): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by Olalan(m): 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
I respect their choice of religion but amazed at how the quest for riches makes many trade their religion, most of the above listed actress married money bags that made them drop their former religion.

156 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by pweetylivia(f): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
Total madness

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by sholatem(f): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
Their decision,their life,e no concern me grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by jcross19: 11:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
Woman and money are like monkey and banana.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by RealAdewole(m): 11:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
Y does this list looks like a WAEC obj question ''choose the most appropriate alternative that does not belong to the group''

MONEY

2 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by Came: 2:35am On Jul 22, 2016
They won't show off their expensive Weavon anymore, that means they will save some money being wasted on Weavons.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by goldbim(f): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2016
Not surprised!!all of them have something in common(divorce) which made them switch to another religion..even some of the acclaimed christian actresses still visit alfa's underneath... lipsrsealed.na today?..

63 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by sainttwist1(m): 8:01am On Jul 22, 2016
money, kudi, owo, ego

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by Drienzia: 10:34am On Jul 22, 2016
We ain't bothered. Because even Koran stated that "if you find anything confusing here, you can ask those who read the bible. The truth is already revealing that"

Jesus was the only person that performed miracles in the koran. Muhammad was busy leading his followers to various wars, till he died.

The only woman mentioned in the koran is Marian"mary(the mother of jesus)
Koran said she went to heaven with her physical body. Meaning the assumption of the blessed virgin is written in the koran.

You people should come down from your high horses let me educate you about the koran you studied and didn't understand since you were kids.

Lots of Muslims converts to Christianity on daily basis, so cut the crap!!!

Koran said Muhammad is dead. And won't rise again.
Same koran said Jesus is the word of God.
And koran said God created the world through the word(Jesus).
They er just confused being. Surely they need our prayers...

Peace!!!

www.google.com.ng/search?q=mario+Joseph&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new&gws_rd=cr&ei=qgiSV9_QMsayUfTyudAL

138 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by allanphash7(m): 10:35am On Jul 22, 2016
Money is love

Liz Da silva my crush

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by Estimable(m): 10:35am On Jul 22, 2016
The quest for money, will Buubu be blamed for this?

3 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by Amberon11: 10:35am On Jul 22, 2016
Totally irrelevant.
Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by Jazzlite: 10:36am On Jul 22, 2016
Well I hope their newfound religion tolerates prostitution....and indecency which has been a hallmark of all of them.

1. Liz Anjorin in scandal with London Big Boy Wese Peckham http://www.naijaqueenolofofo.com/2015/05/yoruba-actress-liz-anjorin-in-scandal.html

2. Acting nude: Critics can’t stop me once the pay is right – Liz Da Silva http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/acting-nude-critics-cant-stop-pay-right-liz-da-silva/

3. Beautiful Lola Alao is one of the most scandalised women in the movie industry. When she walked out of her marriage a few years back, the movie world shook with revelations from the ex husband who labeled her diabolical, deceitful, to mention few of the adjectives used to describe her.
Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/i-dont-supply-women-to-politicians-lola-alao/

5 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by maxwelloweezy(m): 10:36am On Jul 22, 2016
BACKSLIDING

3 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:36am On Jul 22, 2016
in CHRISTIAN I TRUST

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 22, 2016
Wrong title. It should be 6 Yorubawood actresses that converted to Islam

Besides this shouldn't be a news because most Yorubas are Muslim.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by Dottore: 10:37am On Jul 22, 2016
No South eastern there I guess.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2016
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by freecocoa(f): 10:38am On Jul 22, 2016
From frying pan to fire but no one cares, really.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by palsenator(m): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2016
They have to change religion to the one that allows promiscuity. Switching religion is not my problem but their obvious reasons are what marveled me. These set of brainless beauties are pure disgrace to womanhood having forsook their faith for so called money bags.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by tintingz(m): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2016
Alhamdulilah.

I'm a Muslim and I see most of these celeb women converting because of some wealthy men.

But still people should not criticize their choice because there are rich Christian men out there who they can marry and it seems their marriage does not work with these christian men.

14 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by bejima: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2016
may Allah continue to guide us aright. JUMAT MUBARAK

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by hpk(m): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2016
WHATEVER ROCKS THEIR BOAT AND DOESN'T SINK MINE....
Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 22, 2016
M
O
N
E
Y
Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by erobes: 10:42am On Jul 22, 2016
hmmm...money sha..nice choice tho

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Actresses Who Have Converted To Islam And Their Reason For Switching by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 22, 2016
all because of manny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tumise Oluyede: Kemi Olunloyo Under Fire For Revealing Coza Pastor's Accuser / Sarkodie Attacked In Fight Between Davido And Wizkid's Crew In Dubai / Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko Reveal Their Son’s Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.