Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,446 members, 7,808,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Some Brain Teaser To Spice Up Your Day - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Brain Teaser To Spice Up Your Day (566 Views)

Brain Teaser!! This Question Is Meant For Geniuses Alone – Prove Yourself / Where Are The Mathematicians? Here Is A Brain Teaser: Quantitative Reasoning / Top Funny Photos That Will Surely Make Your Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Brain Teaser To Spice Up Your Day by Standing5(m): 2:20am On Jul 22, 2016
1.) You are shown two doors - one leading to hell and the second one to heaven and only the door guards know what is behind the doors. One guard is always lying and the other is always telling the truth (of course, you don't know who is lying). You can ask only one guard one question.
What question can get you to heaven?

2.) One brick is one kilogram and half a brick heavy. What is the weight of one brick?

3.) Two trains, 200 km apart, are moving toward each other at the speed of 50 km/hour each. A fly takes off from one train flying straight toward the other at the speed of 75 km/hour. Having reached the other train, the fly bounces off it and flies back to the first train. The fly repeats the trip until the trains collide and the bug is squashed.
What distance has the fly traveled until its death?
There is a complicated and an easy way to calculate this cool math puzzle. Think outside the box.

4.) A passenger train leaves New York for Boston traveling at the speed of 80 km/hr. In half an hour a freight train leaves Boston for New York traveling at the speed of 60 km/hr. Which train will be further from New York when they meet?
Re: Some Brain Teaser To Spice Up Your Day by 4kings: 11:52pm On Aug 11, 2016
Kingebukasblog come here and solve this.
Re: Some Brain Teaser To Spice Up Your Day by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:24am On Aug 12, 2016
4kings:
Kingebukasblog come here and solve this.

I've seen the first one before , the answer is "If I ask the other guard which door leads to hell, what will his answer be ?" . Both guards will point to heaven because the liar since he lies will point to heaven and the honest guard since he tells the truth will point to heaven

The second one

Let the weight of one brick be x

x = 1 + x/2

2x = 2 + x

x = 2kg

The fourth one is that since Boston is in New York so they are actually in the same city .

I dont even understand the third one , I don't think it is verisimilitudunous . An explanation'd be nice .
Re: Some Brain Teaser To Spice Up Your Day by 4kings: 4:23am On Aug 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I've seen the first one before , the answer is "If I ask the other guard which door leads to hell, what will his answer be ?" . Both guards will point to heaven because the liar since he lies will point to heaven and the honest guard since he tells the truth will point to heaven

The second one

Let the weight of one brick be x

x = 1 + x/2

2x = 2 + x

x = 2kg

The fourth one is that since Boston is in New York so they are actually in the same city .

I dont even understand the third one , I don't think it is verisimilitudunous . An explanation'd be nice .
bien joué cool
The fourth one is not as easy as it seems if u dont know where boston is. [psst: i'm guilty cry]

The third question is basically about a fly jumping(flying) from one train to the other until the two trains collide, knowing that this 2 trains are initially 200km apart and are coming at each other at 50km/hour. The fly flies at 75km/hour. So u are to calculate the distance the fly has covered before the collision.

solution:
Since all is equal, at collision(the middle), it will take 100km.
which means it took 2hours.
The fly speed 75km/hour
distance = speed * time
distance = 75*2
distance=150km

1 Like

Re: Some Brain Teaser To Spice Up Your Day by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:53am On Aug 12, 2016
4kings:

bien joué cool
The fourth one is not as easy as it seems if u dont know where boston is. [psst: i'm guilty cry]

grin tongue tongue

The third question is basically about a fly jumping(flying) from one train to the other until the two trains collide, knowing that this 2 trains are initially 200km apart and are coming at each other at 50km/hour. The fly flies at 75km/hour. So u are to calculate the distance the fly has covered before the collision.

solution:
Since all is equal, at collision(the middle), it will take 100km.
which means it took 2hours.
The fly speed 75km/hour
distance = speed * time
distance = 75*2
distance=150km

Oh... Nice Nice . Calculate the time till collision and you is to find the distance covered with the speed of the fly

Well done

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl, Hadiza Saddik Mahuta Breaks Record In The UK / ABSU Post-utme / Admission Screening Form, Cut-off Mark- 2016/2017 / Let's Learn - Some Facts You Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.