Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,528 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:15 PM

Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush (16033 Views)

Soldier Goes Missing After Boko Haram Ambush In Borno, Brother Cries Out (Photo) / Brave Soldier Killed After Boko Haram Attack On A Military Post In Borno. Photo / Osinbajo Visits Maiduguri After Boko Haram Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by sarrki(m): 7:01am On Jul 22, 2016
Boko Haram terrorists ambush Army Chief's advance teamAugust 22, 2015

Nigerian military to close markets in Borno, Yobe where Boko Haram tradesFebruary 10, 2016

An unknown number of Nigerian soldiers are yet to be accounted for after an ambush by Boko Haram insurgents in a community in Borno State, the army has said.

The army said it was battling to save the lives of 19 other soldiers injured during the clash on Thursday.
Operatives of the Civilian-JTF, embedded with the military squad, were also badly injured in the deadly encounter in a village called Nguro Gongon.

The spokesman of the Nigeria army, Sani Usman, said the injured soldiers have been evacuated to Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, while a rescue team was deployed to go searching for the missing soldiers.

He did not say how many soldiers were missing.

“Today morning, troops on clearance patrol at Guro Gongon village and environs to rout out remnants of Boko Haram terrorists hibernating therein, destroyed the terrorists’ makeshift camps and recovered quite a number of weapons, equipment and foodstuff in the process,” Mr. Usman, a colonel and acting director of army public relations, said.

“The recovered items include 1 Gun truck mounted with an Anti-Aircraft Gun, a MOWAG Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC), 1 Rocket Propelled Grenade Tube, 1 Light Machine Gun, 3 AK-47 rifles and motorcycles.

“However, the gallant soldiers basking on the recorded success, returning to their defensive locations, ran into an ambush by a group of Boko Haram terrorists who came to reinforce their fleeing comrades. The troops fought back gallantly killing several of the insurgents.

“Sadly however, 19 soldiers and 3 civilian JTF members were wounded in action while a few others were missing in action.

“The wounded have been evacuated and are responding to treatment, while a search and rescue party comprising of Special Forces personnel has since been dispatched to establish contact with the missing in action troops, some of whom, as at the time of filing this report, have started returning to their defensive location.

“It is pertinent to state that, no stone would be left unturned until every person involved in the operation has been accounted for,” he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/207316-nigerian-soldiers-missing-boko-haram-ambush.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by MISSNORA(f): 7:02am On Jul 22, 2016
Awwwwww I'm gutted, I feel for them....Ermmm so who missed me?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by Vendoor(f): 7:07am On Jul 22, 2016
“Sadly however, 19 soldiers and 3 civilian JTF members were wounded in action while a few others were missing in action.

So sad embarassed
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by edbor(m): 7:07am On Jul 22, 2016
hope they find the missing soldiers alive. .

to the female missnora above me, what do you think you are doing
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:09am On Jul 22, 2016
they have always been missing but, it's obvious & saddening that FG have closed media houses mouth with money, brothers & sisters a lot is happening under this administration. Our soldiers are dying everyday but none of this media house is reporting it

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 22, 2016
Maybe they were kidnapped or their corpse lying undiscovered in the bush

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by beycity(m): 7:23am On Jul 22, 2016
May God help us win this war...
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by psucc(m): 8:02am On Jul 22, 2016
Three days after the Dambazau declared victory over Boko Haram.

Jokers brandishing false and fictitious figures and info just to deceive the President.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by predear(m): 9:01am On Jul 22, 2016
God pls save our soldgiers
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by passionate88: 10:59am On Jul 22, 2016
Thought they've liberated all of the North West?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by passionate88: 11:01am On Jul 22, 2016

Sadly however, 19 soldiers and 3 civilian JTF members were wounded in action while a few others were missing in action.

how many be the few that's missing in action?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by rheether(f): 11:01am On Jul 22, 2016
I thought we have won the battle?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by otitokoroleti: 11:01am On Jul 22, 2016
dis is wat u get wen u av 16th century experienced man to handle 21st century affairs

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by Princelegacylemoha(m): 11:02am On Jul 22, 2016
GOD EPP THEM

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by edosignature(m): 11:02am On Jul 22, 2016
I pray for their safely return.... God bless Nigeria Military
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by izzou(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2016
MISSNORA:

grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2016
Nigerian Soldiers my only true Heroes cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2016
MISSNORA:
Are you one of the missing a soldiers ??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by oluspicy: 11:03am On Jul 22, 2016
God will help in in finding those gallant soldiers despite their efforts in curbing insurgency in the North West.
#GodBlessNigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by obiageIi(f): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2016
This really sad, the amount of weapons these animals got from the nigerien barracks attacks few months ago has emboldened them. God keep our troops safe.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by Qmerit(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2016
[[s]quote author=passionate88 post=47779956]Thought they've liberated all of the North West? [/quote][/s]

It is better not to comment!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by MadCow1: 11:04am On Jul 22, 2016
Our Prayers are with our Soldiers caught behind Enemy Lines.

I pray they make it back safely.

If fate says its their time, I pray they go down taking atleast 100 Terrorists with them. angry angry angry

#GodBlessTheNigerianArmedForces.

#GodBlessPresidentBuhari...

#GodBlessNigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by Oloniyan(m): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2016
Waiting for For Burantashi to deny this news

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by agwom(m): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2016
God bless nigerian army!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 22, 2016
2015?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by Curvinus(m): 11:06am On Jul 22, 2016
our prayers are with them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by emyryx(m): 11:08am On Jul 22, 2016
I pray they make it back safely and they learn a good lesson from this cos it seems like its only to harass innocent civilians they know.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by 5starmilitant: 11:09am On Jul 22, 2016
The FG and the NA have continued to censor such news. If not, they go missing on daily bases.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by maxwelloweezy(m): 11:09am On Jul 22, 2016
Peace unity and progress be upon this land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by Eliteklaus(m): 11:10am On Jul 22, 2016
prayers for d missing troops
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush by Ramcie(f): 11:15am On Jul 22, 2016
sad sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

987 Properties Recovered From Okorocha Returned To Owners, Imo Govt Reveals / Dogara Fails To Settle Saraki, Presidency Rift / Florence Ajimobi Celebrstes Her Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.