Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money (125720 Views)

Inside Ezego Victor Okafor's Graveyard, House, Palace, Property (Video) / Victor Okafor 'Ezego' N500m Mansion Lying Waste (Photos) / The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money: EZEGO (VICTOR OKAFOR) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by columbus007(m): 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2017
Find what you like and let it kill you,its as simple as that undecided

2 Likes

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by melejo(m): 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
Zico5:
May God grant our brothers from the east the wisdom to know that life itself is vanity. We come to this world empty so we must leave it empty. Money should not be the only basic in life. Ezeugo was worshipped to the high heaven when he was alive despite the fact that they know the man was not clean. Then what is the end, vanity and shame. The same with this E- money that nobody knows the source of his wealth, same with Evans and ozubulu zaga. May God help them
Tribalism will never let you be great in life. What happened to 'saint' Abiola the Aare of Kakafo's businesses? Guess they are doing better. What happened to Adedibu empire? Love of money does not belong to any tribe. Begot get it into your brain

5 Likes

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by sunkieisland(m): 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
A thread from 2016 making front page in 2017......

Who says miracles don't happen.

#justSaying

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by mechanics(m): 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nice write up, I have never heard for him if not now.
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Proffdada: 3:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
ba2undey:
Rituals or no rituals the guy made some choices in life which took him to greater heights and as they say all the choices you make have their consequences.
To the next topic
i hope you're not an inspiring ritualist undecided

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Proffdada: 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
melejo:
Tribalism will never let you be great in life. What happened to 'saint' Abiola the Aare of Kakafo's businesses? Guess they are doing better. What happened to Adedibu empire? Love of money does not belong to any tribe. Begot get it into your brain
grin The guy just cool down yarn dust
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by rajiraymond(m): 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
Very interesting, but based on criminality.

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
Juxtified:
Used to think this story was just a nollywood movie, never knew it really happened. After amassing all that wealth only to lose your life 10yrs later at the peak of life. Its sad.

bastard old money of the 90s. wicked jazz though
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by watchwoman(f): 4:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
Opakan2:

Yorubas will say.. a fu ni lediye gba odindin eyan.
meaning he gives you chicken but demands a human in return.

Not every wealth should be envied.
Yes o, my brother that's why the book of Proverbs 30 v 8 tell us to desire food convenient for our souls.

I remember this was the same period then where the money in circulation was far higher than the money Central bank was producing or had then due to the high level of rituals then.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by TopGunFighter: 4:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
Juxtified:
Used to think this story was just a nollywood movie, never knew it really happened. After amassing all that wealth only to lose your life 10yrs later at the peak of life. Its sad.
Bros this should tell you something
Eze- baba I need to make money
Baba- no problem but you will pay a price
Eze- I will do anything just name it
Baba- I will give you wealth and your life will last 10 years
Eze- *thinking* 10 years is a long time * baba no problem let's do it.....

......the end
sad shocked

3 Likes

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
Zico5:
May God grant our brothers from the east the wisdom to know that life itself is vanity. We come to this world empty so we must leave it empty. Money should not be the only basic in life. Ezeugo was worshipped to the high heaven when he was alive despite the fact that they know the man was not clean. Then what is the end, vanity and shame. The same with this E- money that nobody knows the source of his wealth, same with Evans and ozubulu zaga. May God help them
it's not just the south east. Nigeria as a whole!

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
nkemdi89:
There were and are so many of them in the east, just that his own was really popular, the source of their wealths are unknown, many of them were into conning before the advent of cyber crime, drugs and other organised crime, some were really into legitimate things, but the bottom line is that people don't care about the source as richness are highly celebrated. Even some people do say before any man can become successful in his business he must belong to somewhere else his business won't last. The likes of golden from mbieri made lots of money but died very young.
anyone that thinks the story of Okija shrine is some fabble or made up may need to have a rethink. These things to happen. I knew some folks in school then whose parents were "419".. confirm story. Yea, the had their links outside Nigeria. When internet came most cybercafe owners are from the east.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by noobody(m): 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2017
JennyOfOldstones:
Did you even check the dates of this thread and the one you claimed he's copying from before making this comment?

No i did not!!

My bad!!,kindly edit my comment out,i wud change mine too.
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Heineken(m): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nairalanders pls I need your prayers. Am not feeling fine.

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
"No doctor on duty," I rest my case!

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Zico5(m): 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
melejo:
It is ur generation that will not do great in life. I will employ the whole of ur family soon as cleaners

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ok... I have read this beautiful story... or should I say, a near perfect story.

Near perfect because the writer missed the most important part of the story.

I'm sorry, but his death is not the most important part.

The most important is how he made his money. The decision that changed everything. You can't just skip that part.

You wrote he went to lagos and got himself a mentor. A mentor on what exactly

You wrote a story about one of the richest men this country ever knew without details about his source of wealth.

It is as good as you not publishing this story at all.

My piece though

4 Likes

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Dreyl(m): 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
Wow,
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Ejanla07: 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
This guy was using our school field for his football club.. Ezego fc.... After match oliver d coque wil be live doing his thing. D way dis guys spray money eh. I never see an before...

I believe oliver de coque made like 70% of his money from Ezego.....

D day abacha released him from prison... He came to church for thanks giving. I was among d mass servants... I was in seminary at ihiala.... He drove to church. White limousine and black limousine..... He sprayed money right from home to church and back....

Our own version of d source of his wealth.

He with fred and other guys met ghadaffi dat he should fund thr plan to kill and take over from babangida....he gave dem billions of dollars without knowing dey Planned it wit babangida..... Wen dey got to Nigeria babangida called ghadaffi gloating dat comon civilians conned him. Imagine wat will happen if he send army..... Make una no blame me...i be small pikin wen dem wash my brain. And d story sweet for d way d guy d spray money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by robertwins: 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
As an insider who happens to share paternity with the late Victor Okafor, I found this an interesting read but a few disclaimer:
Ezego was never disowned by his father but happened to be a product of a love relationship between a couple who by traditional design were never meant to be married. Ezego's late father came from Umumeri and the mother was from Umuduru both of Uzoakwa Ihiala and both villages don't inter marry. Ezego spent his childhood shuttling these two villages.
My other observation is the alleged robbery gang involvement. I don't know how and where you came about this. I happen to grow up with this guy around and he could have been anything but an arm robber.
His life was short and am sure if man lived twice he could have done so many things differently.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by ChristineC: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ejanla07:
This guy was using our school field for his football club.. Ezego fc.... After match oliver d coque wil be live doing his thing. D way dis guys spray money eh. I never see an before...

I believe oliver de coque made like 70% of his money from Ezego.....

D day abacha released him from prison... He came to church for thanks giving. I was among d mass servants... I was in seminary at ihiala.... He drove to church. White limousine and black limousine..... He sprayed money right from home to church and back....

Our own version of d source of his wealth.

He with fred and other guys met ghadaffi dat he should fund thr plan to kill and take over from babangida....he gave dem billions of dollars without knowing dey Planned it wit babangida..... Wen dey got to Nigeria babangida called ghadaffi gloating dat comon civilians conned him. Imagine wat will happen if he send army..... Make una no blame me...i be small pikin wen dem wash my brain. And d story sweet for d way d guy d spray money
That's interesting but what would Ghadafi had achieved with Babangida's death to make him dole out billions in $$?

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by ChristineC: 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
robertwins:
As an insider who happens to share paternity with the late Victor Okafor, I found this an interesting read but a few disclaimer:
Ezego was never disowned by his father but happened to be a product of a love relationship between a couple who by traditional design were never meant to be married. Ezego's late father came from Umumeri and the mother was from Umuduru both of Uzoakwa Ihiala and both villages don't inter marry. Ezego spent his childhood shuttling these two villages.
My other observation is the alleged robbery gang involvement. I don't know how and where you came about this. I happen to grow up with this guy around and he could have been anything but an arm robber.
His life was short and am sure if man lived twice he could have done so many things differently.
but do you know how he became so rich, if he's as rich as claimed by this writer that is?

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by RSVP: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
Who dey carry load go heaven before? Na tody man dey die?

Look bro, you gon die either you're rich, poor, young or old! Death is certain to all living things and don't come and start saying ''vanity upon vanity'' WTF! angry

He got his money, spent it and die!!! Simple!

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Ejanla07: 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
ChristineC:

That's interesting but what would Ghadafi had achieved with Babangida's death to make him dole out billions in $$?

I think supremacy battle of d dick-tators
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Essence1900: 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
For the purpose of historical accuracy, Ezego died on Dec 26, 1998 NOT 1999.
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Edoziesmart(m): 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
Luckygurl:
Hmmm

The famous okija shrine lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I never heard of this man though undecided
Guess I'm among the indomie generation undecided

I guess you've not reach 20 years.

cus no true Igbo person above 25 that will say he or she haven't heard of "ezego na ihiala"

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by romeorailss: 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
Luckygurl:

angry angry
Lol not a crime to be a young shall grow dear cheesy
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Luckygurl(f): 8:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
Edoziesmart:

I guess you've not reach 20 years.

cus no true Igbo person above 25 that will say he or she haven't heard of "ezego na ihiala"

Lmao grin grin

I called myself indomie generation na
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Luckygurl(f): 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
romeorailss:

Lol not a crime to be a young shall grow dear cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm a big girl jorh tongue
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Danladi7: 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
melejo:
Kola Abiola is still very rich and resides in banana island.
He just decided to be living a low key life unlike his father.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/07/16/mr-modesty-kola-abiola-marks-55th-birthday/

www.sunnewsonline.com/kola-abiolas-quiet-55th-birthday/

https://omojuwa.com/2012/06/kola-abiola-the-ultimate-crown-prince-at-50-by-delemomodu/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by vchykp(m): 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
the last house in dat pix was built close to my house in ihiala.. umuezike
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by boyjo: 9:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
Heineken:
Nairalanders pls I need your prayers. Am not feeling fine.

You are well in Jesus name, amen.
It is true.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How You Can Make Up To 500k Every Month On Fiverr With $10 / First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money / 3 Youngest Nigerian Billionaires Today.No.1 Is Lagos Island Biggest Boy(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.