Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,768 members, 7,802,352 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money (125652 Views)

Inside Ezego Victor Okafor's Graveyard, House, Palace, Property (Video) / Victor Okafor 'Ezego' N500m Mansion Lying Waste (Photos) / The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money: EZEGO (VICTOR OKAFOR) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Magnifico2000: 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
Who pushed dis to frontpage? Im sure the op doesnt know the post has hit the frontpage after creating it since last year.
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
Let me start by saying, that I do not condone or support anyone who accumulated his/her wealth by any means other than thru hard work and in a legitimate way. Any wealth not gained in a legitimate and honest way never lasts...it's only a matter of time until it flits away. Having said that, I find it ironic, comical and very disconcerting some of the comments posted on this forum regarding Mr. Victor "Ezego" Okafor and his ill-gotten wealth especially the one where the writer -as always with any issues in and about Nigeria- couched it along ethnic lines.

The writer posited, "May God grant our brothers from the east the wisdom to know that life itself is vanity......" I guess the writer, had no second thoughts about making an issue that is very endemic in Nigeria and cuts across ethnic lines about negative stereotype of the Igbos. First of, Nigerians in general regardless of their ethnicity, love and worship money albeit ill-gotten or not. Some made their wealth either by engaging in nefarious activities such as drug dealing, stealing, swindling, armed robbery, cheating, or 419: while others made theirs by killing their fellow being and taking their body parts for money rituals.

I can say without equivocation that the Nigerian society is crooked, deceitful, hateful, evil and NIGERIANS would go to any length unimaginable in pursuit of wealth. So for a Nigerian of any ethnicity to come on this forum and act sanctimonious when it comes to how the society worships and adores ill-gotten wealth is being very disingenuous. Nigerians believe that money is the "be all and end all." Nothing is sacred any more to an average Nigerian in pursuit of that elusive wealth even if it means killing their parents, child, brother, sister, uncle, auntie, niece, nephew, friend, cousin and whatever familial relationship you can think of. Enough said!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by stevecantrell: 9:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
Eze come.
Eze go.

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by mekuso89(m): 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
Benekruku:

Whats vanity in the life of Ezego that you have started with fictional preaching`s?

you don't really know what VANITY is.
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by billyG(m): 9:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
10yrs waz what dey gav him in d occult world no more no less!u cnt eat yur okpa & still hav it.
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
In their days 419 and drugs was the order of the day,ezego,Fred,jude,john nebolisa these guys were masters at their game and then oyibo mugus were dropping like flys even many of them were invited to Nigeria with briefcases full of dollars and some were kidnapped and murdered in nig by those guys.

In those days there were no anti money laundering laws worldwide and even drug pushings were a lot easier as they were no technology to see or detect drugs,so a lot people took the advantage then,not only Nigerians but many criminals all over the world did.

As a matter of fact,I was once at ezego house in 1994, the boy made so much money but he was ruthless,however,he was very kind to the poor especially those in his village,as a matter of fact,there was words on the streets then,that a mugu dropped then and victor tried to cut john out by collecting all the money and refusing to give others their shares of the loot,and john went to a juju shrine and placed a curse on ezego and few months later he was killed.

Ezego was a 419,drugs baron and a very good business man and a very ruthless one for that matter,but not a ritualist.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
AnthonyAk:
I stopped reading when it said there was some mystery behind his wealth then he became a millionaire. Nigerian wealth no dey ever get receipt.

Hahahahaha
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Emekayoung(m): 11:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
Bro sinola u really know the story well. Are u from uzoakwa in ihiala?
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
Proffdada:
i hope you're not an inspiring ritualist undecided
lol

Dat guy blong
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Proffdada: 11:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
pesinfada:
lol

Dat guy blong
i just tire for the sideways talk the guy dey perform

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by KekeCharterer(m): 1:11am On Oct 23, 2017
My nigga said he died 1999....FELA DIED TWO YEARS SO BROS THIS YOUR STORY GET COMMA OOO

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Rolly22(m): 1:26am On Oct 23, 2017
careytommy7:

I think say na only me read that part. Even I without a million, yet, to my name can easily forgo some things worth thousands. How More a so called billionaire.
After reading that part, I now truly believe you can't buy class.

My brother I was wondering too oh, How billionaire go come dey tow car for him on convoy? "I think that was when death blocked his senses

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Nigeriadondie: 2:47am On Oct 23, 2017
During my few visits to the Okija campus of Madonna University was when I first saw his mansion. It is a sad reminder that life is truly vanity upon vanity. No one is bigger than life and above all God.

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by CzarChris(m): 3:01am On Oct 23, 2017
Marotzke:
I never knew of Ezego' s angle on the Barnabas Igwe and wife's murder. Interesting. Why didn't the former governor put this information on the public domain. Everyone in the know, are quite aware of how ruthless Ezego and associates can be. Not when billions are involved.
Are you okay? Ezego died in 1999 and the Igwes died in the 2000s now how is that related?
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Emekayoung(m): 3:11am On Oct 23, 2017
The last house was never his. I dont know where the op got it from...
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by OBAnkemi: 7:05am On Oct 23, 2017
Basalt:

You are very stupid. In short stupidity runs in you.
Are Rambo sambo, Aninih etc also igbos?

And you are even more stupid to include E money among the mentioned.
That shows how myopic you are
Grow up kid?

Does E-Money have 20% of Dangote's money? We all know how Alh. Aliko Dangote built his Dangote empire from the scratch. Abeg tell us,....how did E-Money get here? Where and when did he start? Can u tell us his rags to riches story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by spacyzuma(m): 8:53am On Oct 23, 2017
Luckygurl:
Hmmm

The famous okija shrine lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I never heard of this man though undecided
Guess I'm among the indomie generation undecided

You are a smallie na. It's understandable smiley
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Luckygurl(f): 9:11am On Oct 23, 2017
spacyzuma:

You are a smallie na. It's understandable smiley

grin grin

Oya be frank!
You knew about him before you read it here?
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by spacyzuma(m): 9:16am On Oct 23, 2017
Luckygurl:

grin grin

Oya be frank!
You knew about him before you read it here?

Yes. I heard about him in boarding school around 1997/8. This was just after the Otokoto scandal (I doubt if you've heard about that too grin )
Then when I went home during the hols and asked my mother, she confirmed it.
Then the gist was that his money was from juju and blood money. And that he died because he refused to sacrifice one of his sons for rituals.

Looking back now, he clearly was into some illegal business like drugs, 419, arms sales, etc.
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 23, 2017
Rolly22:

My brother I was wondering too oh, How billionaire go come dey tow car for him on convoy? "I think that was when death blocked his senses
grin grin grin
LOL. Like the person I quoted wrote, he who the gods want to destroy, they first make mad! grin

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Luckygurl(f): 10:18am On Oct 23, 2017
spacyzuma:

Yes. I heard about him in boarding school around 1997/8. This was just after the Otokoto scandal[b](I doubt if you've heard about that too grin )[/b]
Then when I went home during the hols and asked my mother, she confirmed it.
Then the gist was that his money was from juju and blood money. And that he died because he refused to sacrifice one of his sons for rituals.

Looking back now, he clearly was into some illegal business like drugs, 419, arms sales, etc.

Lollll grin
Asked mum yesternight too about this ezego scandal. She confirmed it was a very popular incident back then though she had sketchy details about it.
He clearly was an illegal business man.

Read up the otokoto murder too.
You're right! Just heard that from you grin

The only popular story of this nature I have a very faint memory of is the Chinweoke Mbadinuju, one time governor of Anambra state and his self formed security details "bakassi boys". Those ones were tagged dubious too.
Stories had it that they came to flush out the bad ones in Anambra then with some juju. Once they brandish their sharp matchets or Cutlass in your face and it turns red, it means you're not clean so they wipe you out instantly.
I remember seeing a dead body on my way to school one morning.

Then the famous feud between Chris ngige and his then godfather, Chris uba I think. The whole okija shrine feud. Faint faint memories mehnnn!! grin

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Basalt(m): 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
OBAnkemi:

Does E-Money have 20% of Dangote's money? We all know how Alh. Aliko Dangote built his Dangote empire from the scratch. Abeg tell us,....how did E-Money get here? Where and when did he start? Can u tell us his rags to riches story

Google about E money. Read his profiles then you will understand what he does.

I am only angry the way you tribalized everything as if crime is only restricted to Igbos.
You guys, especially Yorubas should stop hating, its quite annoying
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by KaLuCh: 2:51pm On Oct 27, 2017
I went to the same university in Ghana with one of his daughters, a tom boy, beautiful, and very kind. You couldn't imagine my shock when I learnt she was Eze ego's daughter, the man we used to gather as kids and tell tales about looking at calendars with pictures of his fleets of exotic cars. Small world.

1 Like

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Remnita(f): 12:41am On Dec 05, 2017
KaLuCh:
I went to the same university in Ghana with one of his daughters, a tom boy, beautiful, and very kind. You couldn't imagine my shock when I learnt she was Eze ego's daughter, the man we used to gather as kids and tell tales about looking at calendars with pictures of his fleets of exotic cars. Small world.

Yeah krystabel...what's her Instagram handle? Any idea??
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Evaromantik(m): 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2018
Benekruku:

And people who didnt dabble into cult activities lived long and died rich?

What proof do you have that he is an occult?

No evidence bro
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by DeWorlex45(m): 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2018
madridguy:
He left over 10 billion at 34 years old. Ezego RIP
In d year 1999, when d value of money was still obvious,.
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by otagbajoshua: 7:11am On Oct 27, 2018
Na wa ooo, see the way person dey print money, even do video on top. https://www.instagram.com/p/BpWV8cMneQ5/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1knx5dd5qzv9g
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by chijokz(m): 5:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
euromilion:
In their days 419 and drugs was the order of the day,ezego,Fred,jude,john nebolisa these guys were masters at their game and then oyibo mugus were dropping like flys even many of them were invited to Nigeria with briefcases full of dollars and some were kidnapped and murdered in nig by those guys.

In those days there were no anti money laundering laws worldwide and even drug pushings were a lot easier as they were no technology to see or detect drugs,so a lot people took the advantage then,not only Nigerians but many criminals all over the world did.

As a matter of fact,I was once at ezego house in 1994, the boy made so much money but he was ruthless,however,he was very kind to the poor especially those in his village,as a matter of fact,there was words on the streets then,that a mugu dropped then and victor tried to cut john out by collecting all the money and refusing to give others their shares of the loot,and john went to a juju shrine and placed a curse on ezego and few months later he was killed.

Ezego was a 419,drugs baron and a very good business man and a very ruthless one for that matter,but not a ritualist.

I agree with you..Ezego wasn't a ritualist..I also remember those days. These guys were making so much money in $ swindling white clients and then invested the proceeds into legit businesses - Ezego (Ezego Group of Companies), John (Joneb industries), Jude (Judex foam and batteries),among others...Ironically,the white victims mostly visited Nigeria with the cash..From what i remember, Ezego collected all the $ from their last deal together and refused or lied to John and Nzeribe about their share which made them visit the Shrine. Although the accident Ezego died in @ Okija along that dangerous Onitsha-Owerri expressway that's riddled with deep potholes back then could have happened to anyone since many accidents and deaths have occured along that expressway. Ezego also made a killing importing electronics in large quantities and literally monopolized the electronics market in the '90s. Not to forget the ambitious 419 King - Fred Ajudua who masterminded the take down of a Brazilian bank of $242m.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by clockwisereport: 11:53pm On Nov 15, 2019
Dexema:
he probably used the same builders or architects cos the building in the first pic bears a striking resemblance with his house in Ajao estate.
however ezego is remembered mostly for the fable surrounding his source of wealth, some said he was a ritualist others said he was into drugs, we were even warned not to go too close to his house.
it was also said that his body wasn't buried but rather dumped at the popular okija shrine because he had offended the dieties of the area.
lastly, I believe you got that picture of him which is the only one I have seen so far from one of Oliver de coques music videos where he sang his praise.
time passes, people die, only names and records make history. lalasticlala let's see what we can find out about this guy from other nairalanders.

@oliver de coque's song, you must be making reference to "ndi ogiriga wara na nwa"
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 26, 2019
lalasticlala seun move this to fp,i wanna get more insight on this story
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by Mariomadiba(m): 2:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
Move to fp again, more details must have come up
Lalasticlala Seun
Re: Victor Okafor 'Ezego': The Story Of Nigeria’s King Of Money by amakadihot87(f): 9:28am On Apr 09, 2020
madridguy:
He left over 10 billion at 34 years old. Ezego RIP
.........10Billion in1999,you can imagine what it could have been now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How You Can Make Up To 500k Every Month On Fiverr With $10 / 3 Youngest Nigerian Billionaires Today.No.1 Is Lagos Island Biggest Boy(pics) / How To Ship Goods From 1688 To Nigeria,sell Online Without Physically Seeing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.