Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread - TV/Movies (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread (218537 Views)

Throwback Pics Of BBNaija Bisola Wit Iyanya At 1st Ever MTN Project Fame In 2008 / Okiemute Ighorodje Wins MTN Project Fame Season 9 / Project Fame Season 9 Grand Finale: Drop Your Predictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Barbarthundey(m): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kitay! "Na me get season 9... I concur" "Na me go win project fame... I concur... Shey you concur? I concur"

Jeff of last season also did something similar while performing GODWIN by Korede bello "if I win project fame my brother God win" and he eventually won.
Kitay the warri guy just dey do your thing o... And no look okiemute anybody face... Maybe God was keeping kitay for this period that was why he wasn't in the academy in season 8 because he audition at Abuja and got 3 yes and he moved on to audition at portharcourt for season 9 and here he is shining

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by ebyoma(f): 12:44am On Sep 01, 2016
Who said winner shouldn't have been called back ?? Babe is a damn good singer.
The best voice project fame season 9 is winner, sentiments aside. I got goose bumps hearing her sing the song given to her during rehearsal.
The only thing she needs do is work on her performance, other than that she's simply the best vocally.

I hope and pray she survives the elimination show come Friday.. fingers crossed

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Solitin40: 5:04am On Sep 01, 2016
feminineA:
Omo, winner must not go home this friday o. SHE MUST present that song!!!!!!I love the way uncle ben pushed her to hit the ranges kai, if she can deliver it, her ratings will move o
I will advise you to vote more for her just to avoid stories that touches the heart
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Solitin40: 5:06am On Sep 01, 2016
ebyoma:
The best voice project fame season 9 is winner, sentiments aside. I got goose bumps hearing her sing the song given to her during rehearsal.
The only thing she needs do is work on her performance, other than that she's simply the best vocally.

If i may ask who good voice don epp?
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 5:40am On Sep 01, 2016
Hy guys, Did I miss anything?

I guess nt much. Good to b bk here.Make I quickly do some catch up.
Been under the weather, dem take my fone away from me so dat I go fit sleep.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gara11(f): 7:29am On Sep 01, 2016
samhay:
Hy guys, Did I miss anything?

I guess nt much. Good to b bk here.Make I quickly do some catch up.
Been under the weather, dem take my fone away from me so dat I go fit sleep.

Hahahaha so na alnyt u dey do b4? We dey sidon brekete dey wait for u to cm narrate xclusive. I haven't bn able to watch it
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 8:18am On Sep 01, 2016
Okemuite reaction is human. Abi na bridge she come count for project fame. Pere's reaction also change but he hide am small.

Apologies to all Yusuph's fans.

How did he manage to fool Shola Allyson, Cobham, Tymix and other judges? If he's struggling like this with Iyawo asiko.......a folklore song then he simply can't sing.

I could feel the annoyance and distaste coming out from Kitay when he was practicing the song and is understandable. If better singers have left the show then Yusuf has no business on the show. If he doesn't go home this Saturday then he should voluntarily leave the show.

Yeah project is a big platform to project young and bright[b] singers[/b] but is also a platform to project bad singers. If he continue to stay there, he will be destroying the credibility he has as a singer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 8:38am On Sep 01, 2016
gara11:

Hahahaha so na alnyt u dey do b4? We dey sidon brekete dey wait for u to cm narrate xclusive. I haven't bn able to watch it

Lol

Both all night and all day o.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 8:40am On Sep 01, 2016
larrygal:
am not good at narrating cos am not samhay....
just watched d exclusive thou...they played deer nomination day song for dem and Lizzy,okiemute,pere and kitay were all dancing ...so wen okiemute heard were kitay said na me go win project fame I concur...she stopped dancing and gave kitay dis bad look, she even open her mouth widely as in suprise,,,,she stopped dancing ...seriously her countenance changed immediately......

wait ooooo....Shey dis gal think she s d best ni....so she get jealousy for body and she still dey advice dem Mirabel and winner as if she s d nicest in d house....

@ dis particular junction I dropped d respect I have for her

Sweetheart, Dis is beautiful.

The message u r trying to pass across was clear enough.

Respect ma'am
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2016
larrygal:

am nt saying she s not d best among d female or whatever.....but her reaction s just too obvious ....come see d look on her face like d way she looked at kitay wit jealousy as if u r saying nonsense abi u don win ni....others r still dancing to d song(Shey na by d song dem dey win project fame ni)
all well and good ...I respected her so much wen she advice Mirabel and winner cos I tot she doesn't see dem as a competitor BT wit wat she did again today ehn I can see d advice na just pretense to gain d viewers mind( pretending to be nice)
rem I said earlier am nt good at narrating...may be u will get it better wen d narrator expertae do dat

Larrygirl. Here something jasmine probably doesn't get.
Having a winning mentality or drive is cool but in an academy-like or house-like competition where the process of emerging winner is dependent on the vote of the audience one has to be careful.
Ur precious voters r n not jus throwing their votes ur way based on ur singing n performance alone, some things u do in the house can rub off the wrong way.
I bet u there are tons of people out there who wouldn't be cool with someone who is brazenly jealous or envious . It could be enough to sway votes. When u have two people who are running neck and neck talent wise, the winner becomes dependent on other factors like personality,etc. So the right attitude she would have adopted was to have laughed it off when kitay (who should know he is stoking the flames of jealousy and not play that card)sang those words. Stoping her dance midway and dropping her jaws open(which never seems to close anyway) was making it too obvious. Sing ur ownPF winner song infact if u must. She's loaded with huge talent. Nothing major to worry about.

Oh and I thought her Bibie brew mimicry was spot-on

2 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 8:56am On Sep 01, 2016
sleepyeyez:

Larrygirl. Here something jasmine probably doesn't get.
Having a winning mentality or drive is cool but in an academy-like or house-like competition where the process of emerging winner is dependent on the vote of the audience one has to be careful.
Ur precious voters r n not jus throwing their votes ur way based on ur singing n performance alone, some things u do in the house can rub off the wrong way.
I bet u there are tons of people out there who wouldn't be cool with someone who is brazenly jealous or envious . It could be enough to sway votes. When u have two people who are running neck and neck talent wise, the winner becomes dependent on other factors like personality,etc. So the right attitude she would have adopted was to have laughed it off when kitay (who should know he is stoking the flames of jealousy and not play that card)sang those words. Stoping her dance midway and dropping her jaws open(which never seems to close anyway) was making it too obvious. Sing ur ownPF winner song infact if u must. She's loaded with huge talent. Nothing major to worry about.

Oh and I thought her Bibie brew mimicry was spot-on

Oh really? But a lot of people will be cool with Kitay who with that brag shows he is proud, presumptuous, assumptious and disrespectful to other contestants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 9:00am On Sep 01, 2016
ebyoma:

Yea I feel u. Got those chills too when she did d Brenda song. But watch her sing d same song on nominaton day n ull be wondering if they somehow smugled in her idential twin who can't match up to her singing abilities on stage
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 9:14am On Sep 01, 2016
luvmijeje:

Oh really? But a lot of people will be cool with Kitay who with that brag shows he is proud, presumptuous, assumptious and disrespectful to other contestants.

I did point out that kitay should know better dan to play dat card. It does stoke d jealousy ember. See okeimutes reaction na. Then pere's. Doing it on stage is cool. Long as u don't overdo it. But in d academy? Not a wise move at all. U don't wanna give the audience the impression u r too cocky( too late, he's done that already) that could spell doom for him.

And aren't we all focusing on d D kitay vs okeimute game of thrones too much.
I remember when we all thought marvellous would win this and ayoola pulled the carpet off his feet .
If elizabeth gives us one or two more steller performances she could take this home o.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 9:31am On Sep 01, 2016
gara11:

Larrygal really did justice to d exclusive.

The look on Okiemute's face has just about 1,001 meaning

Shocked is can understatement
She was stucked to a spot,the dance step disappeared, com open mouth.... I cnt even describe.

Elizabeth was surprised too,she was singing along and realized she was singing the wrong line,she kept quiet and listened,afta she grabbed it,she continued wit her dance but Okiemute couldn't.

I wnt b surprised if Okiemute tries out a stunt of her own,I pray it doesn't backfire.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 9:40am On Sep 01, 2016
luvmijeje:
Okemuite reaction is human. Abi na bridge she come count for project fame. Pere's reaction also change but he hide am small.

How did he manage to fool Shola Allyson, Cobham, Tymix and other judges? If he's struggling like this with Iyawo asiko.......a folklore song then he simply can't sing.

I could feel the annoyance and distaste coming out from Kitay when he was practicing the song and is understandable. If better singers have left the show then Yusuf has no business on the show. If he doesn't go home this Saturday then he should voluntarily leave the show.

Yeah project is a big platform to project young and bright[b] singers[/b] but is also a platform to project bad singers. If he continue to stay there, he will be destroying the credibility he has as a singer.

The yusuf situation is not uncommon. There will always be people like that in every reality show who will have u racking ur brain n wondering why they r der.
Reminds me of this particular season of american idol. Should be the one jordin sparks won.
There was this adorable indian boy called sanjay with curly locks and an average voice who stubbornly remained while others with all-round talents got knocked off.
One of the show's judges, simon cowell almost cried at one point.
Same with yusuf. They say his fuji skills is On point but I watched Favour nail dat during a freestle session in d house and he didn't come close. They say he's a great performer n works d crowd, how then wld u describe what okeiemute n kitay do when dey get on stage. Then vocally...no, let's not go there.
To be fair, his first audition was really cool but he hasn't been able to recreate d spark many saw in him on dat day.
And ehm ...Does who r getting high BP over d guys matter, need to stop o.
There will always b a "sanjay" or a "yusuf" in shows like these.
It adds to the suspense, talking point,entertainment value of such shows.
And they make show sponsors rich when u vote to save them.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 9:41am On Sep 01, 2016
luvmijeje:

To all Yusuf's fans,I wnt apologise for wateva I say

He is not fit/worthy to be in the academy, His singing was so poor Ankle Ben had to warn him make e no allow Nomoreloss to move in his grave.

Same complain from Ms Ige.
Praiz already told us that it still remains a singing competition and I dnt Knw what Yusuf is doing there.

I so much love this song back in the days that my mum smiles weneva I sing it.

Let's assume Yusuf has never heard Nomoreloss's version, he must av heard the Original version from Orlando Owoh.

Baba sang the song with his bass voice and it became a hit.

Even the Mirabel and Oluchi dat we are always wishing goodbye can sing which means they deserved their stay in the house.

Yusuf's Babalawo must be from Mars

I can't hide it

I want him out.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by feminineA: 9:47am On Sep 01, 2016
Solitin40:

I will advise you to vote more for her just to avoid stories that touches the heart
I don't vote o. I have stopped attaching emotions to project fame after chidimma/ Tolu's season
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 9:53am On Sep 01, 2016
luvmijeje:

Nobody stopped Okiemute from reinventing the song,Kitay aside stamping it he will win,talked abt his discipline issue, went down the stage, teased a white dude dat was never pre-planned.

When it was Okiemute's turn,did u realised she flung her handkerchief at 1 of the audience, and afta d camera went d direction again,d handky was seen still on d floor.

If u call Kitay's attitude as being proud, I can as well say Okiemute was arrogant and disrespectful for flinging the handky at d audience.

What stopped her from picking up a fan,take d fan to d stage,hand over d handky and do 20-30 secs dance?

Let's always compare and reach a balance wen concluding
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 10:01am On Sep 01, 2016
samhay:

Nobody stopped Okiemute from reinventing the song,Kitay aside stamping it he will win,talked abt his discipline issue, went down the stage, teased a white dude dat was never pre-planned.

When it was Okiemute's turn,did u realised she flung her handkerchief at 1 of the audience, and afta d camera went d direction again,d handky was seen still on d floor.

If u call Kitay's attitude as being proud, I can as well say Okiemute was arrogant and disrespectful for flinging the handky at d audience.

What stopped her from picking up a fan,take d fan to d stage,hand over d handky and do 20-30 secs dance?

Let's always compare and reach a balance wen concluding

Telling people you will be the winner when the result has not yet been declared is pride.

But that's even not my point. I'm just trying to point out the double standard. Kitay did and nobody said anything bad but Okemuite responded as a human but people are calling her envious and jealous.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Ahmadgani(m): 10:02am On Sep 01, 2016
we all know that kitay has issues with his discipline in the academy but that did not undermine his humility, diligence and work rate. on the other hand okiemute is arrogant and also suffering from ITK syndrome. Aside this hitches and mumbo jumbo, both of them are talented

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by AfroKnight: 10:08am On Sep 01, 2016
cheesy

People should not focus on Yusuph. His fans will always vote for him. grin I think that's the general problem with Nigeria when it comes to quality and finesse. We often choose to ignore requisite skills once we take a liking to someone. Take Emekus for example. His vocal skills are mediocre at best yet he had huge support in the competition. Why? The fans just loved him regardless.

Why do you think Iyanya had to switch to street music away from his sleek, smooth rnb style? Cos e no dey sell. The majority of Nigerians believe a singer does not need good vocal skills (or proper training) to succeed. That convoluted line of thought is what makes us local champions.

Idols West Africa and perhaps Project fame were geared towards raising proper musicians but look at what they have become. Street ti take over.

Let's enjoy it like that. Maybe in a few years we will get it right.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 10:19am On Sep 01, 2016
sleepyeyez:

The yusuf situation is not uncommon. There will always be people like that in every reality show who will have u racking ur brain n wondering why they r der.
Reminds me of this particular season of american idol. Should be the one jordin sparks won.
There was this adorable indian boy called sanjay with curly locks and an average voice who stubbornly remained while others with all-round talents got knocked off.
One of the show's judges, simon cowell almost cried at one point.
Same with yusuf. They say his fuji skills is On point but I watched Favour nail dat during a freestle session in d house and he didn't come close. They say he's a great performer n works d crowd, how then wld u describe what okeiemute n kitay do when dey get on stage. Then vocally...no, let's not go there.
To be fair, his first audition was really cool but he hasn't been able to recreate d spark many saw in him on dat day.
And ehm ...Does who r getting high BP over d guys matter, need to stop o.
There will always b a "sanjay" or a "yusuf" in shows like these.
It adds to the suspense, talking point,entertainment value of such shows.
And they make show sponsors rich when u vote to save them.

I beg to disagree. We have never been in a fix like this and will still have alot to talk about. Rather he's distracting from the show.

I just google Sajayar Malaka? Sajayar is better than Yusuf in the area of attempt .

But he is is a dull and boring fellow while Yusuph is lively.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 10:21am On Sep 01, 2016
AfroKnight:
cheesy

People should not focus on Yusuph. His fans will always vote for him. grin I think that's the general problem with Nigeria when it comes to quality and finesse. We often choose to ignore requisite skills once we take a liking to someone. Take Emekus for example. His vocal skills are mediocre at best yet he had huge support in the competition. Why? The fans just loved him regardless.

Why do you think Iyanya had to switch to street music away from his sleek, smooth rnb style? Cos e no dey sell. The majority of Nigerians believe a singer does not need good vocal skills (or proper training) to succeed. That convoluted line of thought is what makes us local champions.

Idols West Africa and perhaps Project fame were geared towards raising proper musicians but look at what they have become. Street ti take over.

Emekus vocals mediocre? I beg to differ. Guys voice always reminded me of lamar or dakolo's
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 10:24am On Sep 01, 2016
luvmijeje:

Telling people you will be the winner when the result has not yet been declared is pride.

But that's even not my point. I'm just trying to point out the double standard. Kitay did and nobody said anything bad but Okemuite responded as a human but people are calling her envious and jealous.

Ali Bongo of Gabon and his rival from the other party both declared demselves winner of the election held on Saturday b4 the result came out,No 1 crucified dem.

If Okiemute had infused am winning in Fada Fada, I guess u will b saying because both of dem av d brightest chance to win it,it is allowed.

Wetin Kitay do wrong?

From my own perspective KITAY WAS BEING POSITIVE combined with self believe.

We keep complaining other ladies in the house do not blv dey can do it,here is some1 dat showed he blvd in his ability.

You said Okiemute responded, Sleepyeyez already answered it. D beat response should av been to laf it off and not show so much jealousy. It was too obvious

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by billzbabanla: 10:26am On Sep 01, 2016
ebyoma:

We know ena type.. Na ena go see goat call am sheep
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 10:28am On Sep 01, 2016
luvmijeje:

I beg to disagree. We have never been in a fix like this and will still have alot to talk about. Rather he's distracting from the show.

I just google Sajayar Malaka? Sajayar is better than Yusuf in the area of attempt .

But he is is a dull and boring fellow while Yusuph is lively.

Sanjay and yusuf are differnt beings so u don't expext dem to have same abilities. That wasn't my point. My point is both defied d odds n remained in the competion to the consternation of many. Therein lies their simlarity. not as good as their fellow contestants
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 10:29am On Sep 01, 2016
This Okiemute was the 1 giving advice to Mirabel and Winner, a psychologist will definitely know she was working on their mentality.

There is a difference between advising and making some 1 feel like 2nd-best.

She totally made both girls look like 2nd fiddle,I watched closely and I must tell u, she got to them and dis will b stucked in their head every performance night.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by AfroKnight: 10:33am On Sep 01, 2016
sleepyeyez:

Emekus vocals mediocre? I beg to differ. Guys voice always reminded me of lamar or dakolo's

Emekus was and is a mediocre singer. He goes flat often. His tone may be appealing but his skills are lacking. He would always need auto tune.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 10:33am On Sep 01, 2016
samhay:

Ali Bongo of Gabon and his rival from the other party both declared demselves winner of the election held on Saturday b4 the result came out,No 1 crucified dem.

If Okiemute had infused am winning in Fada Fada, I guess u will b saying because both of dem av d brightest chance to win it,it is allowed.

Wetin Kitay do wrong?

From my own perspective KITAY WAS BEING POSITIVE combined with self believe.

We keep complaining other ladies in the house do not blv dey can do it,here is some1 dat showed he blvd in his ability.

You said Okiemute responded, Sleepyeyez already answered it. D beat response should av been to laf it off and not show so much jealousy. It was too obvious

Did you also notice Pere's reaction.

Do you remember your response on Benjamin calling Yusuph king of probation........You said na guy thing.

Have you ever wondered why Okemuite's reaction was obvious is because she is an open book. She is someone who put her emotions on her sleeve like most women do.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 10:38am On Sep 01, 2016
AfroKnight:
cheesy

Plz withdraw dat statement
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 10:52am On Sep 01, 2016
luvmijeje:

Did you also notice Pere's reaction.

Do you remember your response on Benjamin calling Yusuph king of probation........You said na guy thing.

Have you ever wondered why Okemuite's reaction was obvious is because she is an open book. She is someone who put her emotions on her sleeve like most women do.

All dis sef shouldn't av happened.

Their performances were for the fans not for academy battle. I guess MTN fanned the flame of rivalry by playing it to them.

Probably they should av called them privately to watch aw dey performed their songs and not for all.

2. I remembered wat I said about guy's things and d point still remain. Compare Pere's reaction to Okiemute's. Its normal to show subtle jealous,we r human,but wen its glaring it's dangerous.

This same Pere showed a subtle jealousy d day Oluchi was hugging Eli, had to come call her wen he saw her discussing wit som1

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 10:56am On Sep 01, 2016
AfroKnight:
cheesy

Does having a good vocal means you have to sing R n B? Does it even means you can't sing music people on the street can relate with?

Kiss Daniel, Wizkid, Tiwa savage, Yemi Alade, Psquare , Simisola get better vocal and they are giving us good music.

It will get to a stage in Naija where if you don't have good vocal, no record label will sign you and we are already getting there.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (102) (Reply)

Power TV Series Fan Thread: STARZ / Watch Nigerian Movies Online For Free / Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free..,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.