Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW (24066 Views)

Buhari Requests N157.75bn To Hire Additional 350,000 Graduates - Presidency / ICT For Change - Huawei Partners FG For Training And Employment Opportunity / Budget 2016 Slashed From 500bn To 75bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by aresa: 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2016

The Federal Government on Thursday in Abuja signed a Front-Runner Solar Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) worth 1.75 billion dollars with 14 companies to build 1125 Megawatts(MW) capacity of renewable power in the country.
Mr. Babatunde Fashola, Minister of Power, Works and Housing, who signed the documents on behalf of the government, said the agreement was to demonstrate government’s commitment to diversify Nigeria’s power industry.

The minister listed the companies as Pan Africa Solar with 75mw of electricity to be located in Kankia Local Government in Katsina and Nigerian Solar Capital Partners, 100mw located in Ganjuwa, Bauchi state.
Others are Afrinergia Power Limited, 50mw located in Kokowa, Nasarawa State; Motir Dusable Limited, 100 MW in Udi, Enugu State and Nova Solar 5 Farm Limited, 100mw located in Katsina State.
Also Kvk Power Nigeria Pvt Limited, 100mw located in Yabo of Sokoto state; Middle Band Solar One Limited, 100mw in Lokoja West in Kogi and LR Aaron Power Limited, 100mw in FCT
Nova Scotia Power Development Limited, 80mw located in Dutse; CT Cosmos, 70 MW located in Kaduna West in Kaduna State and Oriental Renewable Solutions, 50mw in Kakowa, Jigawa.
Quaint Abiba Power Limited, 50mw located in Manchor Local Government of Kaduna State and Anjeed Innova Group, 100mw located in Kafanchan, also in Kaduna State.

According to Fashola, the PPAs are the heart and soul of financing the power industry.
Fashola disclosed that before the year 2030, Nigeria would have achieved 30 per cent capacity in renewable energy, adding that Nigeria would invest in renewable power in areas such as Biomass and coal.
He explained that the era had gone when the country would depend on one source to generate its electricity.
He added that Nigeria sited many of its solar energy projects in the northern part of the country because the area had more sun radiation than other parts.
The minister expressed happiness over the confidence the investors had to invest in Nigeria’s power sector not minding challenges in the industry.
He assured the investors that the Federal Government would provide them with good investment climate but would not tolerate low standard in the quality of their projects.
Earlier, Mr. Waziri Bintube, Acting Managing Director, Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading PLC, expressed happiness that the energy sector was making progress in ensuring that Nigerians had quality and stable electricity.
Mr. Marcus Heal, Managing Director of Pan Africa Solar, who spoke on behalf of the investors, thanked states, Federal Government and other agencies that assisted the investors to succeed in getting their PPAs.
He expressed dissatisfaction with the low rate of the tariff regime in the sector, adding that the investors had expected high tariff in the energy industry.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/07/21/14-companies-partners-fg-on-1-75bn-solar-power-project/

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by lightheart(m): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
*thumbs up*

7 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by JingoOAU(m): 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2016
Slow and steady=meticulous result

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by shukuokukobambi: 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2016
This would be nice if followed through

weldone BRF grin

35 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
smh...

is it that we lack understanding or the will power to make effective change

For God sakes who builds a 1125 MW plant with $1.75 billion?

You guys may see it as progress, but damn how much do you really know about power generation, its not about the number of stations, rather the capacity. These plants will not be able to deliver up to 45% of their rated capacity to the Grid...

the largest dam in world was built at a cost of $22.5 billion and it generates 22,500 MW of electricity, spare me all the bullshit of littering the whole country with mini-power plants...

build something tangible, power generation is not rocket science all it takes is just some level of responsiveness to the plight of your people

this is how they will keep on taking us for granted, if we just take anything they bring to our table without us questioning them

so much for change...

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by aresa: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:
smh...

You guys may see it as progress, but damn how much do you really know about power generation, its not about the number of stations, rather the capacity. These plants will not be able to deliver up to 45% of their rated capacity to the Grid...

the largest dam in world was built at a cost of $22.5 billion and it generates 22,500 MW of electricity, spare me all the bullshit of littering the whole country with mini-power plants...

build something tangible, power generation is not rocket science all it takes is just some level of responsiveness to the plight of your people

this is how they will keep on taking us for granted, if we just take anything they bring to our table without us questioning them

so much for change...

Pakistan to Get Largest Solar Energy Plant in the World

Pakistan saw the inauguration of its first large-scale Solar Power Park in Bahawalpur around a month ago.

As per news, this solar power park will start generating 100 Megawatts of electricity in December this year while the output of the solar power plant would reach 1,000 megawatts by 2016.

Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park project is a joint venture of the government of Punjab, Bank of Punjab and TBEA Ltd. of China.

It is Pakistan’s first large scale solar power project and one of the largest in the world.

Entire solar park, with 1000 MW production ability is estimated to cost around US 1.5 billion dollars.

https://propakistani.pk/2014/06/11/quaid-e-azam-solar-park/

Canada-Based Company To Set Up USD 1.2 Billion 1,000 MW Solar Power And Panel Plants In Zambia

The Zambian government has recently announced that it is close to sign with SkyPower Global, a Canada-based solar energy equipment supplier, a power purchase agreement (PPA) to set up a photovoltaic (PV) panel manufacturing plant a solar power plant within the next five years.

The solar power and manufacturing plants are expected to represent a total investment of USD 1.2 billion and it will finally add 1,000 MW of generation capacity at a rate of 200 MW per annum to the current installed of 1,967 MW.

http://www.zambia-invest.com/energy/canada-based-company-to-set-up-usd-1-2-billion-solar-power-panel-plant

What's the difference between what we are spending and what other countries are spending on 1000MW. For 1125 MW, we are actually getting a good deal for our money.

The going rate for 1000MW is $1 billion.

Even the so called 22.500MW $22 billion largest damn you quoted = $1 billion per 1000 MW.

Do a little elementary arithmetic before spewing rubbish and even a little research before spewing ignorance on the internet. Hate and bitterness can not stop us.

304 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Samtob90(m): 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2016
Sensitive assets should be invested in safe regions before the criminals blow it off, though they will still foul that investment in their region has reduced

10 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
aresa:

What's the difference between what we are spending and what other countries are spending on 1000MW. For 1125 MW, we are actually getting a good deal for our money.

The going rate for 1000MW is $1 billion.

Even the so called 22.500MW $22 billion largest damn you quoted = $1 billion per 1000 MW.

Do a little elementary arithmetic before spewing rubbish and even a little research before spewing ignorance on the internet. Hate and bitterness can not stop us.

Nah, not today, not now... I won't insult you, Your ignorance has done that to you already

If you could read effectively maybe you'd have had a better understanding of where am driving at

some countries have the luxury of experimenting with solar powered plants, others like Nigeria don't, we currently have an installed capacity of not more than 7,000MW. Instead of building small plants everywhere, why not build something large to generate what can supply the entire country for about 18 hours daily...

You can say all you want, but i won't stoop to your level of immaturity by trading insults... I'd rather trade opinions with you

Thanks

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by gists: 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:

some countries have the luxury of experimenting with solar powered plants, others like Nigeria don't, we currently have an installed capacity of not more than 7,000MW. Instead of building small plants everywhere, why not build something large to generate what can supply the entire country for about 18 hours daily...

You can say all you want, but i won't stoop to your level of immaturity by trading insults... I'd rather trade opinions with you

Thanks
WHATTT!!!
Are you kidding me??
Please tell me you are joking!!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 22, 2016
gists:

WHATTT!!!
Are you kidding me??
Please tell me you are joking!!

Your point exactly...

ohhhh... you think its not possible right
Well its not your fault, its what they've made you believe

1 Like

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by gists: 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:

Your point exactly...

I find it fantastically annoying to say the least that in this day and age in 2016, someone is suggesting abolishing modular power generation scheme in favour of one mega station.
In essence, we have to deal with the high risk of knocking us back to square one in case of vandalisation. Did you even think of maintanenance before making that suggestion? How about the trasnmission part of the chain? Are you suggesting we also spend time and money to build/expand transmission line for your so-called "something large to generate what can supply the entire country"

You lots just like showing your hatred for PMB without thinkinh of the ignorance you are displaying on public forum

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by shukuokukobambi: 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:

Nah, not today, not now... I won't insult you, Your ignorance has done that to you already

If you could read effectively maybe you'd have had a better understanding of where am driving at

Thanks

chai!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

See what your desire not to see anything good happen in this country has done to you cheesy

So we should wait until your village elders help us contribute the money to build a 10,000MW plant before we start attempting to help our sorry power situation? abi you hide the billions of dollars needed inside an earthen ware pot in your village square? cheesy

Abeg jes kip kwayet there angry

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Rossikk(m): 4:50pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:

Your point exactly...

The problem in Nigeria is not really generation per se, but distribution, plus efficiently getting gas to power the plants etc. So it is not really a question of building a giant power plant of say 10,000mw capacity. In any case we have something huge like that being built at Mambilla.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by shukuokukobambi: 4:51pm On Jul 22, 2016
gists:

I find it fantastically annoying to say the least that in this day and age in 2016, someone is suggesting abolishing modular power generation scheme in favour of one mega station.
In essence, we have to deal with the high risk of knocking us back to square one in case of vandalisation. Did you even think of maintanenance before making that suggestion? How about the trasnmission part of the chain? Are you suggesting we also spend time and money to build/expand transmission line for your so-called "something large to generate what can supply the entire country"

You lots just like showing your hatred for PMB without thinkinh of the ignorance you are displaying on public forum

Forgive him my friend. If he still can't see how ridiculous he sounds with the bold, he probably can't be helped

He wants to tell us he can speak ingrish. let him kontinuu cheesy

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by DelGardo: 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:

Thanks

My friend just admit you have learnt something new and apologise for your meaningless post.
Where did you see "experiment" in the articles?

To build a massive dam you need a massive gorge. Apart from Mambilla, which can give about 3500MW, we don't have any natural geological feature that will generate above 4000 megawatts. In fact it is only the gorge of River Congo that can produce seriously huge numbers currently in the whole of Africa, if developed.

And even if we do have a large gorge how will you fund a mega power project in this economic climate and still deliver on time?

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by gists: 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2016
Rossikk:
The problem in Nigeria is not really generation, but distribution, plus gas to power the plants etc. So it is not really a question of building a giant power plant of say 10,000mw capacity. In any case we have something huge like that being built at Mambilla.
You're correct.
But also, for our own peculier case, I'll rather build 10 - 1000MW stations across the country (where the raw materials for energy conversion exists) than the so called mega station with its consequences.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
gists:

lol...

look at this one that does not even know anything about power supply, you have no damn idea of how these things work, all you do everyday is talk cheaply on nairaland, without any grounded knowledge

nigga piss off, why do you have to make everything look like a PDP and APC affair grow up boy

am talking facts you talking trash, do you know how much load our 330kv load can withstand according to their design

please keep quiet, the largest dam in the world was completed in 2009, xo tell me how hydro power generation is becoming obsolete
ill mannered piece of shit... guy go park for yaba left and don't quote me agaain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by aresa: 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:

Thanks

Common sense should tell you that we don't have a any water body large like Three Gorges rivers that constitute the Three Gorges dam in china.

Are we China?

We don't share the same geographical landscape, financial and water resources like china so what's the basis for your illogical and misguided comparison?

Don't we have the 3050 MW Mambilla dam project under construction? Do you know anything about that?

It's not by force to badmouth all the time with zero bases for your badmouthing apart from ignorance and needless hate and bitterness for your own country..

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by gists: 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

Forgive him my friend. If he still can't see how ridiculous he sounds with the bold, he probably can't be helped

He wants to tell us he can speak ingrish. let him kontinuu cheesy
Thanks you for the piece of advice jare. It is well taken.
I'll let him kontinu with his ingrish so I can enjoy my week end grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Rossikk(m): 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2016
gists:

You're correct.
But also, for our own peculier case, I'll rather build 10 - 1000MW stations across the country (where the raw materials for energy conversion exists) than the so called mega station with its consequences.
One reason to not depend on a huge power station is that if war breaks out, and the facility is targeted, its destruction could send the entire country into darkness, and halt economic activities nationwide. So it makes more sense to spread out the plants to various locations.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by aresa: 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:

lol...

look at this one that does not even know anything about power supply, you have no damn idea of how these things work, all you do everyday is talk cheaply on nairaland, without any grounded knowledge

nigga piss off, why do you have to make everything look like a PDP and APC affair grow up boy

am talking facts you talking trash, do you know how much load our 330kv load can withstand according to their design

please keep quiet, the largest dam in the world was completed in 2009, xo tell me how hydro power generation is becoming obsolete
ill mannered piece of shit... guy go park for yaba left and don't quote me agaain

Talking facts with ignorance and you still can not do simple arithmetic.

Modular power plants is the future of power supply, it's the direction the rest of the world is heading, read up on it and educate yourself..

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Olabestonic001(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:
smh...

so much for change...

You're very right man. But Nigeria Corrupt settings made this look good.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by shukuokukobambi: 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
Olabestonic001:

You're very right man. But Nigeria Corrupt settings made this look good.

Pls don't try to psyche that ignorant guy up.

Can he or you point out one place where Nigeria can site a power generating plant (solar, gas, hydro or coal) with a capacity of say 10,000MW today? Then how you propose to get funding for the project?

20 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Olabestonic001(m): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:

Thanks

And you think generating that much in a location before evacuating to the National Grid is the best?
Don't you think an embedded Power is superior?

5 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Olabestonic001(m): 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
gists:

Bros, you know what you're really saying.
How can someone tell us to ditch embedded Power for Centralised power in Nigeria?
It must be due to gross ignorance.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by aresa: 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2016
$22.5 billion and it generates 22,500 MW of electricity = $1 Billion/1000 MW

Nigeria building 1125 MW solar plants for $1.75 Billion = $1 Billion/1000 MW

The argument you produced to badmouth Nigeria actually supported Nigeria because regardless how many MWs, we are still spending the same amount per MWs at $1000 Billion per MW.

How do you badmouth the same thing you are actually supporting with your own badmouthing?

Too many no elementary school education and olodo running around the internet ....

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by aresa: 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Bros, you know what you're really saying.
How can someone tell us to ditch embedded Power for Centralised power in Nigeria?
It must be due to gross ignorance.

We are in this mess to start with because of centralized power system.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by saintdennis(m): 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:

Thanks

Your thought process is so archaic I can't help but laugh @ ur folly

The dude even broke things down 4 u but your brain refused to process it.

Which. Country still puts all its eggs in one basket?
Smh

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Olabestonic001(m): 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2016
sammydemperor:

lol...

Stop saying things you don't really understand. Its better to generate and supply at 33KV with embedded powers of 8-1000KW. That will help us a lot. Someone have schooled you about the disadvantage of the large plant you're suggesting. Also, a large plant is susceptible to the whims of saboteurs.
Do you know that IKEDC does a lot of this embedded Power plants and you can see that power in their control has improved a lot.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Olabestonic001(m): 5:25pm On Jul 22, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

Pls don't try to psyche that ignorant guy up.

Can he or you point out one place where Nigeria can site a power generating plant (solar, gas, hydro or coal) with a capacity of say 10,000MW today? Then how you propose to get funding for the project?

I was just alluding to the pricing and not his concept.
Embedded Power is the way and not that cumber structure

2 Likes

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by MasterJayJay: 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2016
Each state should be given a mandate to generate at least 1,000 megawatts for the next four years.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola. 14 Companies Partners FG On $1.75bn Solar Power Project. 1125MW by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2016
What was I expecting from youths who only read PDFs and have never practiced shit

I feel sorry for your thought process though...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See pictures of Petition FG Brought against CJN, Onnoghen / COVID-19: Abia Relaxes Lockdown, Work Resumes, Worship Centres, Markets To Open / Kemi Olunloyo: Twitter Obidient, Firstladyship Is A Man & Former SA To GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.