Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,430 members, 7,781,255 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:22 AM

Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes (66376 Views)

Potatoes Vine For Sale / My Cucumber And Tomatoes Farm In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by KINGinVAHALA: 6:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
queencalipso:

Great, you?
Good to know, I'm chilling. Do you mind a pm?
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
Abegi I wan ask a simple question!!
Y 1 person with 12 accounts go dey shout lalasticlala everywhere like say na him papa get nairaland... What d Bleep is all these... He never posted... Hw won't comment yet you would be wasting public timely Web surfing moment with these useless mentions... Lala dis Lala mad Lala pls come what a foolish attempt of poor braggarts... Parasitic Igbos feeding on another man's sweat
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by Temidirecrown(m): 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
mazimee:
This my second time of hearing about this type of tomato for the first time the same day. How I see them in the market all those time I visit the market? At least I do see the long ochumbo pepper.
....really,i have many of the fruit at the back of my house,easy to grow,needs no fertilizer to germinate and very sweet when use it for stew
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by ammy4goodies(f): 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by Anabel(f): 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
Saw this stuff in the market. I was looking like JJC and asking what it was only for the woman to say tomatoes and I shouted WTH....
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by Kiish(m): 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
No sir, it is not.
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Is it the same one we call Tatashe?
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
elbaraj001:
I don eat am before...but to cook am dey waste tym....
as short as your answer is, it is the most educative so far on this thread. Can kindly tell us how it tastes, the preparation method, the color and how it compares to regular tomatoes? Thanks.
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
lanicky:

Lol..it used the same way you use normal round tomatoes.

Watch the back thoroughly, then slize it horizontally into halves.. You'll see a jellylike red pulp inside it, remove the seeds from the pulp and slize the the rest into a bowl or your blender.. Blend it with red pepper and onions.
*thank me later* smiley

I won't wait till later. thank you very much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by Kiish(m): 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
Technically speaking, theyre not tomatoes... but it does contain a reddish pulp that is used in Africa as a substitute for tomatoes
Source: wikipedia
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by Korrection(m): 8:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
The thing sweet die....makes jollof rice a wonder....
mazimee:
This my second time of hearing about this type of tomato for the first time the same day. How come I haven't seen them in the market all those time I visit the market? At least I do see the long ochumbo pepper.
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by comrChris(m): 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2016
wow this thing still exit, have eaten it countless time maybe 15yrs ago back then when things were still some how..very nutritious but takes time to prepare

how to prepare it
1.open it
2.bring out the tomatoes insides( use to be plenty inside with red color)
3.remove the seed
4.put in a mutter and grind thoroughly n you are good to go... very good in cooking jellof rice
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by firfinch101(m): 9:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
mazimee:
This my second time of hearing about this type of tomato for the first time the same day. How come I haven't seen them in the market all those time I visit the market? At least I do see the long ochumbo pepper.
You can't find such in the market, probably because it is not planted in large quantity, except perharps u stay in the village or plant it in your garden. Have you ever wondered how villagers live healthy and longer despite being poor?
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by mytime24(f): 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
power900:
lol,lala n snake are like this

Abge who fit help me upload that uncle pics wet put two hands for air like who them swear for?? grin grin
shey na dis uncle cheesy

1 Like

Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by xcuggsm(m): 11:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
mytime24:
As na snake tin undecided

Make i invite lala here cheesy

Abeg, don't insult our venerable Lala snake master.

If it doesn't crawl on its belly and have blood flowing in it, then Lala can never be interested wink
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by Hezbola: 1:07am On Jul 24, 2016
lowgeorge:
Abegi I wan ask a simple question!!
Y 1 person with 12 accounts go dey shout lalasticlala everywhere like say na him papa get nairaland... What d Bleep is all these... He never posted... Hw won't comment yet you would be wasting public timely Web surfing moment with these useless mentions... Lala dis Lala mad Lala pls come what a foolish attempt of poor braggarts... Parasitic Igbos feeding on another man's sweat
you well so?
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by Hezbola: 1:08am On Jul 24, 2016
comrChris:
wow this thing still exit, have eaten it countless time maybe 15yrs ago back then when things were still some how..very nutritious but takes time to prepare

how to prepare it
1.open it
2.bring out the tomatoes insides( use to be plenty inside with red color)
3.remove the seed
4.put in a mutter and grind thoroughly n you are good to go... very good in cooking jellof rice
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by anytaij: 6:23am On Jul 24, 2016
Na wa ooooo I love this tomatoes hv not seen it for awhile now and it's so red and sweet grin
mazimee:
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by callmebeauty(f): 6:27am On Jul 24, 2016
You are ranting rubbish..GROW UP
princechurchill:
yorubas sabi cook rubbish from time memorial

1 Like

Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by supereagle(m): 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
I used to see it in the 70s as a kid ,but never tasted it.
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by power900: 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
mytime24:
shey na dis uncle cheesy
lol,god bless u ma nigga, abi na ur unku?
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by TEREQ(m): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
Pls does anybody have an idea of where I can buy tomato seeds in Enugu state.Hybrid to be specific.
Thanks a lot
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by Mrbllymer: 6:34am On Nov 21, 2016
Angel15:
Those days in my villa we do use it as substitute for tomatoes and its great.!
still interested in bit coin, I will give you at a fair rate... If you are willing to buy up to 1btc... Mention me if you are interested please I promise a smooth and decent transaction.... Thanks. Dint wanna quote you on that btc thread to avoid spoiling her market... 1btc today is around 736 dollars.... 548 on her site means 548/per dollar
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by greenmonk: 9:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
lanicky:

Lol..it used the same way you use normal round tomatoes.

Watch the back thoroughly, then slize it horizontally into halves.. You'll see a jellylike red pulp inside it, remove the seeds from the pulp and slize the the rest into a bowl or your blender.. Blend it with red pepper and onions.
*thank me later* smiley
who has the seed for this tomato kindly contact me by replying these thread.
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by greenmonk: 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
bayulll01:
PM me and lets talk
Can I get the tomato seeds from you?
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by lanicky(f): 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
greenmonk:

who has the seed for this tomato kindly contact me by replying these thread.

I do have
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by nathaniel007(m): 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
lanicky:

I do have
Hi.. longtime
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by lanicky(f): 12:47am On Apr 23, 2017
nathaniel007:
Hi.. longtime

Hi... Good evening smiley
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by nathaniel007(m): 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2017
lanicky:

Hi... Good evening smiley
Happy new month nikky longtime oo
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by greenmonk: 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
lanicky:

I do have
If you still have the seeds for this tomato kindly contact me through my mail: thedius712@gmail.com
Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by eroticecstasy: 4:40pm On May 11, 2023
firfinch101:
You can't find such in the market, probably because it is not planted in large quantity, except perharps u stay in the village or plant it in your garden. Have you ever wondered how villagers live healthy and longer despite being poor?

That's a five stars question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures / Fresh Tomatoes Arrive Lagos From Kano By Train After 58 Years. See Photos / See The Antelope My Uncle Killed Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.