Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,860 members, 7,806,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman (35480 Views)

RCCG Church Abuja Attacked, Looted And Burnt By Suspected Extremists (Photo) / Any Fulani Herdsman You See , Kill Him, Cut His Head - Apostle Suleiman / Leg Of Akan Weeks, Founder Of Collapsed Reigners Church In Uyo, May Be Amputated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by benueguy(m): 4:45am On Jul 23, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4007825_137543362926344110868308918963962083988330n_jpegf9b81188743211bb04fe4362648776d2

Just barely two days after a slain pastor, Zakariya Joseph Kurah (ECWA, Obi) was buried, a herder in another part of the state cut off part of the hand of another pastor working on his farm.
Rev. Hamza Alkali, 66, had to have the rest of his hand and wrist amputated. He told Morning Star News he managed to tackle the assailant and wrest the knife away from him or he would have been killed in the attack in Sabon Gida village, near Keffi, on July 7.
“If God was not with me, the Fulani man could have succeeded in taking my life,” Pastor Alkali said. “God was with me, because I told the Fulani man that God who created me in His image will not give him power to kill me.”
Affiliated with the Nigerian Baptist Convention, Pastor Alkali said when he first saw the herdsman coming onto his farm he thought he was just passing through. He continued working when the Fulani came up to him without greeting and asked him to hand over his mobile phone.
“Shocked at the Fulani man’s audacity, I wanted to know from him whether he was asking for my mobile phone because he lost his somewhere, or he was ordering me to hand over my mobile phone to him. The Fulani man insisted that I should give him my mobile phone. I then responded by telling him that I left my mobile phone at home.”
The herdsman then told the pastor he would search him. “I was baffled and wanted to know why he would want to search me,” Pastor Alkali said. “He bluntly told me that if I don’t hand over my mobile phone to him he would kill me. Then I now told him, ‘You have no right or power to kill me. The God that created me and sent me to this place will not allow you to kill me.’ I repeated these words twice to him.”
Pastor Alkali came to Nasarawa state from his native Kaduna state more than 14 years ago. The herdsman’s intent was first to take away his mobile phone to prevent him from getting help once he attacked him, he said.
“Suddenly, the Fulani man pulled out his sword and attacked me. When I saw the sword he was dangling coming towards my face, I tried to protect my face raising my hands up, and within seconds the sword cut off my left hand into two. I saw part of my cut-off hand on the ground bouncing up and down. I then realized that if in the first attempt to kill me the Fulani man cut off my hand, unless I do something to protect myself, this Fulani man would no doubt in his second attempt to kill me cut off my head.”
The pastor rushed at him, wrestled with him and held him, in spite of his severed, bleeding hand. While held on the ground the herdsman was still gripping the sword, and the pastor managed to snatch it from him. The assailant ran away.
“I was there and the blood from my cut-off hand was rushing out,” Pastor Alkali said. “I started shouting and calling on some brethren working on farms close to mine to help rescue me. They came and pursued the Fulani man. But then they could not get him, and so they returned to find ways of taking me to the hospital.”
They took him first to the police station at Sabon Gida, where he pastors a congregation of 80 people, and from there police took him to the Federal Medical Centre, Keffi.
Pastor Alkali said he has never had any conflicts with the assailant, whom he had never met before, or any other Fulani herdsman, so he was surprised that he was attacked for no apparent reason except that he was a Christian pastor.
Throughout years of doing ministry in Sabon Gida he has enjoyed good rapport with both Christians and Muslims, he said. Many Muslims visited him in the hospital, he said.
“Both the Muslim leader in community and chief imam of the mosque in the village also visited me here in this hospital,” he said. “And this is all because of the way and manner I related well with them while working as a pastor there.”
A father of four, Pastor Alkali had pastored Sabon Gida Baptist Church between 1992 and 1996 and then retired, but in 2011 members of another congregation (undisclosed for security reasons) asked him to pastor their church.

He said that since Jesus Christ was persecuted, Christians must endure hardship and face any persecution head-on.

“Every Christian that is passing through persecution should stand firm, as God will not abandon such a person,” he said. “Our persecutors should know that one day they will stand before God to account for what they done here on earth. So what they should do is to come closer to God. They should repent and leave the evil ways they are following.”

“There are many out there who are victims of such attacks, and they are suffering,” he said.

“These armed Fulani men are killing innocent people in Nigeria. The best thing that needs to be done by the Federal Government of Nigeria is that it must act to end these atrocities against Christians. These killers should be stopped.”

© 2016 Morning Star News.

http://morningstarnews.org/2016/07/baptist-pastor-loses-hand-to-muslim-fulani-herdsman-in-nasarawa-state-nigeria/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by benueguy(m): 4:46am On Jul 23, 2016
Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by amtaken(f): 4:52am On Jul 23, 2016
A lot of evil going on under Buhari's watchful tiny eyes.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by EagleNest(m): 10:27am On Jul 23, 2016
Fulani herdsmen to me are simply disguised Boko Haram terrorists who are on jihad mission.

But again they'll FAIL.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
k
Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by flyca: 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
I'm not expecting the government to say anything

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by princechurchill(m): 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
i still don't understand the peace muslims talk about in definition to their religion.....

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by sinaj(f): 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
They took him to the police station first?

I never knew the police gives first aid treatment to injured persons sad

All this Fulani people should really pinch their selves because if the southern nd eastern people should reciprocate, Nigeria will become so hot for them angry

8 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by FuckTheMod: 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
Some dolts will come here now and start shouting ISLAM..

These BASTÂRDS foolanus are mostly not even Muslims, you will never even see them praying.
They have Muslims, Christians and other religions amongst them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by asodeboyede(m): 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
Muslims are poised to continue where mumuhamed stopped....
steal, kill and destroy!

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by bonechamberlain(m): 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
angry ... Fulanis, religion and cattle rearing is more important to them than education. Their god is in power so they feel they can act anyhow, this is caused by high rate of illiteracy in the north. Nigeria is in trouble because if buhari an extremist illiterate can become president, the message is very clear to those who love religion and hate education.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by lilmax(m): 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
buhari sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by obaival(m): 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
Everyday same story mtcheeeeew

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by Shome36(m): 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
LOL coolLOL
Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by Mskrisx(f): 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
Chaiii
Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by Molly1991(m): 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by henryutd(m): 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
Gradually this religion of peace will wipe away Christians from the face of the earth.

4 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
all I see isn't herdsmen but boko boys... best we start sleeping with both eyes opened... cos l can't trust majid my guard again.... just dey observe the dude with my corner eye....

3 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by Molly1991(m): 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
Shome36:
LOL coolLOL
what is that

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by Agbalanze(m): 4:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
Islam is really a religion of peace!

5 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by jaydeeking(m): 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
These so called fulani herdsmen are disguised terrorists

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by Ajewealth123(m): 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
You selling data bundle is not different from that herdsman,both of you are armed robbers

6 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by SEYILIGHT(m): 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
Rubbish
Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by Kay17: 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
My understanding of the story is that the Fulani is an armed robber. The man was acting alone and seeking to rob the pastor of his phone. The Fulani never stated his intentions to act on behalf of a militant Islamic group with an agenda against Christians.

The pastor on the other hand imputed anti religious intentions on the Fulani. An immediate attack on the pastor is more effective than demanding for the phone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by StFrank2(m): 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
So much blood in the land, the present government is filled with so much evil weakness..God help the living

3 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by chuose: 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
PASTOR BOSUN EMMANUELS WARNINGS ARE PLAYING OUT TO BE TRUE

We all need to ask why did Adeboye support an islamist becoming president by giving buhari a Redeemed pastor,
thereby giving buhari the christian votes.

But we were all warned that APC has an islamic agenda,
yet Redeemed went into agreement with APC by giving them a Redeemed Pastor.

Well we can all see that the warning about the coming persecution was true.

Listen to it yourself below and ask Adeboye why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhYpKBKusQ[/quote]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by misgab: 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
The tribalist vuhari sent him if not he would have tackled d menace Jehovah the Man if Wa surely wipe out from d face of the earth any body,party, group or society dt is d enemy of his chosen.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by Femiwilli: 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
[size=14pt]And then somebody will tell me another person with reason left Jesus to go and join
this religion where they maim and murder ?

Lets call a spade a spade, these Fulani herdsmen are actually the Boko Haram men that have the patronage of Buhari

No way, Jesus condemned violence!

Matthew 26:52
Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place:
for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

This religion is so bloody that anybody going to it needs to see a doctor!

I am sorry for anybody thinking of joining this religion.

[/size]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by ozodimgba(m): 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
When it was time for him to go and take his share of the 10 virgins, the bastard ran away. Who are u people fooling? I pity this con3. Get well soon sir.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by otemanuduno: 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
Sorry for the amputee. May he be greatly consoled, but I guess his limb could grow out miraculously as claimed by the prophets of Yahweh.

Goddys, try locate him and take him to the Lord's Chosen.

However, I AM OTEM, SENT TO THE WORLD TO REVEAL ALL THE MYSTERIES IN THE LOST AND HIDDEN SCROLLS. CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THE CREATION OF THE UNIVERSE AND TO KNOW WHO THE TRUE GOD IS.

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman by 400billionman: 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
They have federal power..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Sues Stephanie Otobo, Sahara Reporters For N1B / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? / Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.