Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage (19537 Views)

Man Looking At A Lady's Wide Cleavage (Hilarious Photo) / Lady's Cleavage Covered By Twitter Users With Photo Editor (Photos) / All The Men I Cooked For Didn't Marry Me - Young Lady Recounts On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by LuveU2(f): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2016
Tenkobos:
how about women focusing on being great women instead of opening silly topics online to fight that they be allowed to go unclad? or are they forbidden to be great.

Does it make any sense to you?

How many threads did the op open when that woman was killed in Kano? How about the one killed in abuja?

Listen dear, every man or woman who doesn't care about the effect his or her actions and inactions(including dressing) has on the society should have his or her sanity tested cause na so madness dey start.

Tell that to the men who think because they re men can act however they want but would police every movement a woman makes

You dont create an enabling environment for women to be great. Most great women are great because they damned u and other men and what u think altogether.

You dont want great women, u want women who u can walk on as u want.

2 Likes

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by itseintel: 10:13am On Jul 23, 2016
LuveU2:
Funny u will say this, but single women go topless everyday before single men huh, in private. They enjoy the sight of her bossoms in their rooms (they will still shame her later anyway) but would curse her if she bares herself in public. Whar is the difference?

this response got me questioning why toilets and bathrooms were ever created....

2 Likes

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 10:16am On Jul 23, 2016
itseintel:
respect is earned, there are standards to earning respect.... ask the likes of Adichie and Amanpour if exposing cleavage was as important as working their way to recognition and respect.. And people who took them serious saw cleaves before intellect .. mis-direction is the problem facing feminism,not the male gender.... fight that first..

It is patriarchal thought that is the problem facing feminism, not the male gender.

Women should not have to live up impossible patriarchal standards to earn respect. Men are given respect no matter what.

I'm not talking about respect for earning money etc. I'm talking about basic human respect. Being able to do as you please (things that hurt no one), with no judgement. Men do as they please and no one tells them what to do all the time.

Women get "advised" daily on how to behave, what to wear, how to do everything - like we're incapable of thinking for ourselves.

Women are not incapable of thinking.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by chigoizie7(m): 10:17am On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

Just look at the number of men on here shaming celebrities for showing cleavage.

I care about all people, not just myself.

I will beg to differ on that. "Men shaming women or celebrities for showing cleavage"

Women also shame women too,our mothers here in Africa shame such.

Let me be quick to tell u something here. We are africans, we have our values, if u found nothing wrong in such, please stop preaching on us to imbibe such cultures, if u are human enough, please respect who we are.

Can u eat "akpu"? I bet u don't know what it is or what it is used for, but I can't force u to eat it just because it makes us strong, it doesn't mean that some none africans don't eat it, but no one forced them.

So, if our african tradition frowns @ cleavage exposures or not, please allow us to be.

Men are not the only ones that frown @ it, even women u are trying to give a voice to also do.

So, just park one side with this ur going topless or not issue.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 10:17am On Jul 23, 2016
LuveU2:

Tell that to the men who think because they re men can act however they want but would police every movement a woman makes

You dont create an enabling environment for women to be great. Most great women are great because they damned u and other men and what u think altogether.

Wonderful! You're killing it and I love your posts smiley
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by jamalnation(m): 10:17am On Jul 23, 2016
I have nothing to say to u
foolinlove:

You have not presented a logical argument.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by AngelAhnie(f): 10:18am On Jul 23, 2016
What is this op saying, if showing your cleavage to the world will make you a better person , why not do it and stop misleading young girls online.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 10:19am On Jul 23, 2016
chigoizie7:

I will beg to differ on that. "Men shaming women or celebrities for showing cleavage"

Women also shame women too,our mothers here in Africa shame such.

Let me be quick to tell u something here. We are africans, we have our values, if u found nothing wrong in such, please stop preaching on us to imbibe such cultures, if u are human enough, please respect who we are.

Can u eat "akpu"? I bet u don't know what it is or what it is used for, but I can't force u to eat it just because it makes us strong, it doesn't mean that some none africans don't eat it, but no one forced them.

So, if our african tradition frowns @ cleavage exposures or not, please allow us to be.

Men are not the only ones that frown @ it, even women u are trying to give a voice to also do.

So, just park one side with this ur going topless or not issue.

It's patriarchal thought, not men. Some men are feminists.

Patriarchal thoughts are held by both genders, I am aware of that fact. Men shaming celebrities was used as an example.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 10:19am On Jul 23, 2016
jamalnation:
I have nothing to say to u

Then go away.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by LuveU2(f): 10:23am On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

Wonderful! You're killing it and I love your posts smiley
Thank u. wink
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Cronnie7: 10:24am On Jul 23, 2016
well....if women want to show they are capable of thinking for themselves.... I'm not sure "breast display" is the way to go. For all I care the cleavage thing only makes women look like they want guys attention (and I don't think any woman shows cleavage without the intention of making guys drool). maybe having more Angela Merkels and Alakijas rather than more Niki minajs is the way to go
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by chigoizie7(m): 10:29am On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

It's patriarchal thought, not men. Some men are feminists.

Patriarchal thoughts are held by both genders, I am aware of that fact. Men shaming celebrities was used as an example.

U re just confused, that's all.

Just know that different people have different views on life.

That fact that u see those ur patriarchal thoughts as something wrong or as un normal, does not mean that other people will see it the same way u did and it does not make it or them wrong.

U saw frowning or shaming of going topless by women as being bad.

Some other people also saw it as a normal thing, must u cajole them to believe in what u believed in?

If u think going topless or cleavage exposure to the world is good for u, fine, do it with pleasure, but stop deceiving some young girls who has known it to be against their believes or un african. It is as simple as that

For crying out loud, even those that has frowned on cleavage exposures or going topless, has never attacked u that has been going topless for God knows how long physically, legally or otherwise.

They have their own views the same way u have yours. So, once again, stop lamenting
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by jamalnation(m): 10:31am On Jul 23, 2016
Nobody is favouring anybody. Dats hw d system was design. You cant have two king in one village.

LuveU2:
Be rational and logical when keeping laws not biased and selective.
Doing the later hurts many women but u wont understand because the society favours your gender more.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 23, 2016
I feel 2 ways about this.
I don't like the idea of women being policed with respectability politics
.......❤
But I hate the hyper sexuallization of women in fashion and media that has made women 2 think showing their breast is the way 2 be sexy and attractive.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2016
chigoizie7:

U re just confused, that's all.

Just know that different people have different views on life.

That fact that u see those ur patriarchal thoughts as something wrong or as un normal, does not mean that other people will see it the same way u did and it does not make it or them wrong.

U saw frowning or shaming of going topless by women as being bad.

Some other people also saw it as a normal thing, must u cajole them to believe in what u believed in?

For crying out loud, even those that has frowned on cleavage exposures or going topless, has never attacked u that has been going topless for God knows how long physically, legally or otherwise.

They have their own views the same way u have yours. So, once again, stop lamenting

I'm not confused at all. I care about all women. I will fight for their rights.

If you future daughter is raped, it is women like me who will stand up for them - while men like you will call them slvts and blame her for "asking" to be raped.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 10:35am On Jul 23, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
I feel 2 ways about this.
I don't like the idea of women being policed with respectability politics
.......❤
But I hate the hyper specialization if women in fashion and media that has made women 2 think showing their breast is the way 2 be sexy and attractive.

That's your taste in fashion. You're allowed to have different taste while still advocating for reduced sexualisation and body shaming.

Sexualisation of women is what leads to body shaming and policing.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by LuveU2(f): 10:39am On Jul 23, 2016
jamalnation:
Nobody is favouring anybody. Dats hw d system was design. You cant have two king in one village.

Good reason why i must embrace feminism to "even out" this notion that u are a king while i am a subject.
We all must suport equality so that only God remains the King. cheesy
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by itseintel: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

It is patriarchal thought that is the problem facing feminism, not the male gender.

Women should not have to live up impossible patriarchal standards to earn respect. Men are given respect no matter what.

I'm not talking about respect for earning money etc. I'm talking about basic human respect. Being able to do as you please (things that hurt no one), with no judgement. Men do as they please and no one tells them what to do all the time.

Women get "advised" daily on how to behave, what to wear, how to do everything - like we're incapable of thinking for ourselves.

Women are not incapable of thinking.

1. What is this patriarchal thought you are talking about?

2. You mentioned in your earlier comments of our fore-fathers not minding being bare breasted, you need to read more about your ancestors... then you'll surely rephrase that....

3. I mentioned the duo in my earlier post because of their wealth character wise...and they ofcourse are living happily married lives and less focused on bashing and whining about the male gender. Their minds are focused on interacting with like minds and not some primitive showings like cleavage....

4. It is fallacious to claim men are given respect on a platter...please make me understand how...

5. On the aspect of advice... women get more advice from their own lot than the male folks....

6. blame your kind who we see cart away with millions for humping around with zero IQ and perfected bodies for already thinking for you.... they adorn magazine's and influence perceptions. Or you'll say you don't have thought out roles for any man in your own life already??

P.s: the word freedom doesn't reflect is true state... male or female, freedom isn't absolute and the society judges both.... just complex issues tends to blow one out of proportion than the other. Men are at the recieving end of this complex world, they rarely get favours but earn them... they fight and not cry wolf....

I do not promote equality but equity, and i sincerely hope you tell the difference.

2 Likes

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

That's your taste in fashion. You're allowed to have different taste while still advocating for reduced sexualisation and body shaming.

No,it's not my tastes but my resistance to being turned into a pleasure for the male gaze. I'm a human being,I'm not for that.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 10:43am On Jul 23, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
[No. It's not my tastes. But my resistance to being made into a eye pleader for males.

Then you need to help change the way men think about women, instead of feeding into patriarchal thought patterns.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by neocortex: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

Yes. What is your point?

However, women should not be told what to wear. Women don't exist merely to please men and decorate the world.

You are right, but I don't think anyone will force you not to wear whatever you want,
you may even choose not to wear anything.

But if your aim is to prevent people from having an opinion of what you wear then
you will achieve nothing because freedom of thought is the only freedom that can't
be taken away even under the pain of death.

I think it is better you focus more on wearing whatever you want instead of attempting to blackmail
men to support your decision.

Also, I find it rather interesting that you encourage radicalisation in dressing while you
remain conservative in your own dressing. You harped on about "what I WANT" as if that is
independent of your environment and culture. If you were born an amazonian,
you will be walking around mostly unclad and that will be "what I WANT".
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by chigoizie7(m): 10:46am On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

I'm not confused at all. I care about all women. I will fight for their rights.

If you future daughter is raped, it is women like me who will stand up for them - while men like you will call them slvts and blame her for "asking" to be raped.

Now, I am not wrong when I said u are confused.

Please stick to the topic of discussion dear.

And how dare u generalize that?

U think I don't frown to rapes?

That is your problems, u think u are the only perfect person around, more reason why u try to justify both reasonable and unreasonable things. U think u know it all, and u think u can make everyone see things the way u do, but sweet heart, it doesn't work that way. Allow people to see things differently and not always the way u see it.

As for the rape case, I don't subscribe to it, I frown @ it just like every normal thinking human being will.

Do u expect ur dad to call u a slût if u were raped and not standing up for u and against the rapist?

Answer that, then u will know that making such illustrations on my daughter being raped makes u more confused than anything. No sane man will ever justify rape, and thousands of men are sane. If u think otherwise, if u think that millions if not billions of men do not frown @ rape, I don't think u will see a man who has not raped a lady, as such, more than 90% of women all over the world would have been raped when u view it as a one man to one woman thing.

There are many places all over the world where women go nãked totally, their men does not frown @ it, WHY? because that is who they are, that is common to them.

Stop making what u "want" to be what others will "want".

My dear, allow people to have their views. U had urs, please enjoy what u had, stop engineering others to follow ur steps.

1 Like

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

Then you need to help change the way men think about women, instead of feeding into patriarchal thought patterns.
[Wrong. The style of dress of women today has everything to do with hyper sexuallization of women.
Do you notice men don't show their bodies but are still considered sexy and attractive to women?
...that's not exactly so for women.

I've had enough of this conversation. Bye.

5 Likes

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by freshkid144: 10:48am On Jul 23, 2016
LuveU2:
Thank u. wink
see ur mouth, *tnk you*
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by neocortex: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

There you have it, this isn't about women wearing what they want but
making men see reasons with you, don't you find that ironic for a supposed
feminists ?

How does it feel like claiming your life don't revolve around men and then
trying everything to get approval/acceptance from the same men ?
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by itseintel: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

1 + 1 will always be a no that never exceeds 2... your taste will never exceed whatever statement it is defaulted to make. You can exhibit your taste, but you cannot control or change the perception...
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by neocortex: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2016
LuveU2:

Why should you bother about what men think about you ?
Are you not woman enough ?
Are you being forced to accept men's scrutiny ?

It appears true feminism is gradually dying, gone are the days when
feminist go for what they want instead of trying to force men to accept
their behaviour.

If you are unable to achieve your goals, it is your fault not that of the
detractors.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by IamLEGEND1: 10:53am On Jul 23, 2016
There was never a world,neither will there be one where women would be seen in the same light as men. it's The simple truth.

I personally consider anyone,of any gender with feministic ideals to be intellectually inferior solely because everything that has to do with feminism is unadulterated nonsensè.

If you think you can expose ur boobs because it's a secondary sexual organ,just like the man's facial hair,then be my guest.see what happens.
Just because tomatoes and pepper are fruits doesn't mean you add them to ur fruit salad.

3 Likes

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 23, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
There was never a world,neither will there be one where women would be seen in the same light as men. it's The simple truth.

I personally consider anyone,of any gender with feministic ideals to be intellectually inferior solely because everything that has to do with feminism is unadulterated nonsensè.

If you think you can expose ur boobs because it's a secondary sexual organ,just like the man's facial hair,then be my guest.see what happens.
Just because tomatoes and pepper are fruits doesn't mean you add them to ur fruit salad.
why are you males running around with the (f)
I think it's 7 of you doing it now. WHY
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by itseintel: 10:55am On Jul 23, 2016
Foolinlove please i need answers for my points 1. 4. & 6. Thank you
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by LuveU2(f): 11:00am On Jul 23, 2016
neocortex:

Why should you bother about what men think about you ?
Are you not woman enough ?
Are you being forced to accept men's scrutiny ?

It appears true feminism is gradually dying, gone are the days when
feminist go for what they want instead of trying to force men to accept
their behaviour.

If you are unable to achieve your goals, it is your fault not that of the
detractors.

I go for what i want all the time. Tell men to stop standing on the way of other women with their silly bags of criticism.
If women choose to bare their chest, others should shut their mouths up and face their "manship"
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by jamalnation(m): 11:01am On Jul 23, 2016
LuveU2:
Good reason why i must embrace feminism to "even out" this notion that u are a king while i am a subject.
We all must suport equality so that only God remains the King. cheesy
Queen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

South Africa Has More Fly, Sexy Girls Than Nigeria / How Can I Stop Seeing My Ex In My Dreams? / South African Lady Goes Nude To Celebrate Zulu Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.