Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage (19478 Views)

Man Looking At A Lady's Wide Cleavage (Hilarious Photo) / Lady's Cleavage Covered By Twitter Users With Photo Editor (Photos) / All The Men I Cooked For Didn't Marry Me - Young Lady Recounts On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Tenkobos(m): 12:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

No, it's because women are seen as sexual objects. Patriarchy.

Their entire personalities are judged on dress sense. Not so for men.

Men go topless - hot weather.

Women go topless - slvts who deserve to be raped.
If your fashion sense makes you dress like a masqurade then you're one as long as you're in that attire and if I have idle N10 I will dash you. Do you really expect me to approach a man in military attire to look into his soul to know if he's truly a military man inside before I start obeying his commands?

Your dress sense speaks a volume about you.

Environment(society) dictates what we wear.

There are places you can go nude and nobody will even notice but you will be arrested for indecent exposure in some places.

Bottom line is, you've the right to wear what you want but you have no right to tell people how to see or treat you.

That's their freedom and you can't take it from them..

3 Likes

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
itseintel:

Loooooool.....

You still haven't answered my questions..... it's not that complicated to give an explanation of a term you have been referencing all morning...

You can recommend texts on human sociology for me to look through, that could be a great way to start knowing a lot within the context of the last thousand years

Is it not amusing that you had all morning to lecture us on the the emotional,logical and psychological aspects of cleavage exposure and it's embodiments; yet you cannot spare just few lines to explain these 'patriarchal thoughts' that have littered almost every post you have made all morning... how encompassing,inspiring and thoughtful of you...

Be careful of what you read on Google.... it has always been an acquaintance, but never my friend..
kudos those who drink from your golden cup of wisdom!!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriarchy

Patriarchal thoughts are those that support privileges of men at the expense of women.

Both genders reinforce patriarchy. I am not attacking men, I am attacking an invalid social system.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2016
Tenkobos:
If your fashion sense makes you dress like a masqurade then you're one as long as you're in that attire and if I have idle N10 I will dash you. Do you really expect me to approach a man in military attire to look into his soul to know if he's truly a military man inside before I start obeying his commands?

There are places you can go nude and nobody will even notice but you will be arrested for indecent exposure in some places.

Bottom line is, you've the right to wear what you want but you have no right to tell people how to see or treat you.

Freedom does not include treating people badly.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
are you being serious right now?

So let's say two guys show up for an interview,one dressed in shorts and a T-shirt,the other in a suit & tie. Tell me,do you think the T-shirt guy stands a chance?

You have your home,you can go topless, bottomless.... headless, if you so desire. No one is gonna stop you. but society has lived forward,we're no longer in the stone age. so if you're stepping out,you try to uphold the standard of modesty of ur locality. it's that simple.
And you'll agree that women are the most likely to bend those rules, hence why the spotlight is focused on them.

The spotlight is focused due to patriarchy and sexism, not women's behaviours.

Any deviation by women from a patriarchal ideal is met with abuse.

Dress codes exist everywhere. But dress codes for women are more stringent.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Tenkobos(m): 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

Freedom does not include treating people badly.
Oh really? It is obvious you haven't considered the terrible effects indecent exposure on the streets and tv are having on little children who are too young to be viewing.

Are you treating them nicely?
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by chigoizie7(m): 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

I always just pay my own way. It's fairer.

And also, its protecting myself. I know if a guy invites me out and pays for me, he will expect sex. Then he'll get mad when I don't sleep with him.

When I refuse sex there is a chance he will rape me out of anger. It's so sad that women think like this.

As if him being nice is payment for my body. Another symptom of patriarchy and rape culture.

U see ur reasoning?

U think all guys are like what u perceived them to be?

When I was still a student in the universities. I was @ d school gate one evening, and I saw a young lady that came to write her pume exams,she was stranded because she couldn't get the person she was meant to spend the night with on phone and it was getting late, she just sat down there dejected of some sort, at some point, she was pacing up and down, I was sitting with some friends in a bar opposite the school gate when I saw her,(I don't normally go home early whenever I drink in the evening), after the drinking, I was about to go( I am not a heavy drinker as I always want to be alert @ all times, so I don't drink to get drunk) and she was still standing there hoping that the lady she came to stay with might come up looking for her, but she never showed up, I approached her and asked what her problems were, she was reluctant, but a little persuasion made her spill out, I offered to accommodate her till the next morning, she refused, den I lied that she will stay with a female friend of mine, she followed me, I only wanted to prove her wrong. She got to my house, dropped her bag but she was Hungry,I had to take her out again to eat late that night, we came back, she changed and then asked of the female friend she was to sleep with, I said none, that she can sleep on my bed, normally, I prefer the rug, she was scared, she never really slept( so she told me) but I woke up the next morning to see a lady all dressed up and about to leave, I said goodluck with ur exams and she left, I realised she didn't go with her bag, I had rush out to remind her, and she said she will comeback to pick it, their exams that day didn't start on time, she came back late which means, she will stay for another night, she did, and that was when I invited my female friend to keep her company as I gist with my guys, that very night, she slept again, but this time that my female friend slept with us. She left the next morning, but we didn't exchange numbers, months passed, I was shocked one afternoon to see a woman,a man and two other guys with the very same girl infront of my apartment, she brought her parents to thank me, but I have even forgotten that I helped someone. As a student, I helped many people, girls inclusive and I never asked for anything in return, I once paid for a girls departmental fee because she was refused to enter exam halls.

My point is this, I can not enjoy sex with someone I am taking advantage of, I can't date any girl below 20yrs, I always feel that I am taking advantage of her( believe me, I like sex, but I want it with someone who also want it and not someone I will cajole into it).
So many other guys are like me, I am not perfect, and so many guys are better than me too.

I have been on countless dates with women, I have spent for many women without asking for sex, I have also had sex with some women without giving them anything.

Change that mind set of yours sister. U are making some people do what they don't even like. Women are mostly moved by what they hear, please, live ur life and allow others to live theirs

1 Like

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Tenkobos(m): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

It happened in old tribes. Kids weren't harmed. Babies see breasts constantly when they're feeding. Or are you against breastfeeding because bobbs are for sex only?

Breasts are not a sexual organ like a d. They're secondary characteristics, like facial hair on men.

You missed the entire point of my post. Well done.
what are you even saying aboutkids seeing breast while breast feeding?

My girlfriend's body is a great thing to behold but seeing my sister scantly dressed irritates me. Family is different biko.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by IamLEGEND1: 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Nope. You'll turn me stupid grin like you tongue

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Oahray: 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

Dress codes apply to everyone. But dress codes are more strictly regulated for women.

But socially, only dress codes exist for women. Women's personalities are judged entirely on their dress. Men do not suffer same.

I do not presume men can control their sexual thoughts in any situation. What I am saying is sexual thoughts are the problem of the person thinking, not the person they're thinking about.

Women wearing niqab still get raped. Dress can't prevent rape or sexual thought.

There is no excuse for mistreating people based on their state of dress.
You haven't answered my question. Would you view two different presidential candidates the same way when one dresses like a ceo of a corporate organization and the other dresses like a drug-addicted gangster?
So how is it you say men aren't judged by the way they dress?

You are trying to argue that a person's dressing doesn't matter and should never attract negative opinion. I am saying you are wrong.

Again, having sexual thoughts isn't the reason for discrimination based on dressing. I wonder why you aren't getting it.

Rape? Lemme tell you something all of you are trying hard to deny. Since time immemorial, there have always been persons without much self-control. That is why rape exists at all. But it's not the sole reason it has become so prevalent (take note that a reason is not necessarily an excuse).

The world glorifies sex, the media is awash with it. I've seen a matchbox with a female in a sexy pose. Tell me what that has to do with match sticks. These things matter.

When you dress with all parts showing, you might not get attacked because whoever gets aroused has self-control or because the conditions aren't favourable; but you may have contributed to the rape of the next person the brute catches in a favourable condition.

3 Likes

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
Haha grin.....I didn't mean it lipsrsealed
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by IamLEGEND1: 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

Dress codes exist everywhere. But dress codes for women are more stringent.
As they should be.
women have more sexualized body parts to cover up than men....that, ma'am, is not patriarchy but basic biology coupled with thousands of years of psychological conditioning.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2016

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by chigoizie7(m): 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

You don't need to tell me anything. You need to STOP telling me. You wouldn't seek to "educate" a man the same way.

Says who?

Go over my previous posts, I talk to men more than women.

I only try to educate women when they kinda have a certain stereotypes about men and how they behave.

I am a bad guy, but I always try to do things the right way, but I still envy thousands of guys who are better than me.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by itseintel: 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriarchy

Patriarchal thoughts are those that support privileges of men at the expense of women.

Both genders reinforce patriarchy. I am not attacking men, I am attacking an invalid social system.

Hope you read the feminist theory attached to this social system (which i disagree is functional in this age) ... was the bias towards the female gender alone?

If not,why are you one sided?

This one sidedness is the cause of the modern feminist's mis-direction!!

People in this lane are sinking ships from past experience,who would rather blame others than themselves. They deprive themselves the room to be better by staying bitter, since they look outward rather than inward.

They don't look for the good outside since they are blinded, but will unconsciously reveal thier embittered souls in thier fight for a perceived sanity. ..

Try not to be one,they learn of the deepened injury when it's terminal.... Adios!!
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by IamLEGEND1: 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Haha grin.....I didn't mean it lipsrsealed
aaaaawwww embarassed that's so sweet. grin
She cares about my feelings.
my mission is almost complete cool

#ProceedingToPhase3
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
iLegend:
Baby KingCheezyPuff, what are you doing here? Dress up let's go. I have an appointment.
Dont you get tired switching between 2 monikers in 1 day like this?
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2016

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by IamLEGEND1: 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Dont you get tired switching between 2 monikers in 1 day like this?
You think we're the same person?

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
iLegend:

I don't know what you're talking about. If I want double monikers you can't even detect, so pullover.
you wanna bet? I watch Sherlock Holmes! I bet you don't even know who that is?
.....a detective from a show
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by obontami: 1:14pm On Jul 23, 2016
Tenkobos:

word breh grin

I like that
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
You think we're the same person?
angry I know so. And yer gonna confess
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2016

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
iLegend:

I have heard of that, but I don't watch moves. The only one I was forced to watch by my ex was Avatar and Johnny English.
Ah ha!!!See here!! See the way you take turns answering!!!!
....dear guy grin why must you pretend?
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2016

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2016
iLegend:

Send me your Facebook name (if it please you). I'm not wooing you, so get that outta ya mind. I'm your friend.
Oh,yes sir, I won't let the thought cross my mind again grin (sarcasm)
.....Anyway, I don't have Facebook and I don't see how it's needed?
.....ain't this a social site?
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
chigoizie7:

Says who?

Go over my previous posts, I talk to men more than women.

I only try to educate women when they kinda have a certain stereotypes about men and how they behave.

I am a bad guy, but I always try to do things the right way, but I still envy thousands of guys who are better than me.

Yes. Educate me on my personal experience of patriarchy! You know better of my experiences and the experiences of other women.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
Tenkobos:
Oh really? It is obvious you haven't considered the terrible effects indecent exposure on the streets and tv are having on little children who are too young to be viewing.

Are you treating them nicely?

You are the one who thinks exposure is sexual. I can't control people's thoughts.

I think the main problem with exposure on tv is that it is coupled with sexual lyrics and behaviour that suggests women are sexual objects - like lap dancing for men etc.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2016

Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
itseintel:

Hope you read the feminist theory attached to this social system (which i disagree is functional in this age) ... was the bias towards the female gender alone?

If not,why are you one sided?

This one sidedness is the cause of the modern feminist's mis-direction!!

People in this lane are sinking ships from past experience,who would rather blame others than themselves. They deprive themselves the room to be better by staying bitter, since they look outward rather than inward.

They don't look for the good outside since they are blinded, but will unconsciously reveal thier embittered souls in thier fight for a perceived sanity. ..

Try not to be one,they learn of the deepened injury when it's terminal.... Adios!!

Feminism fights to dismantle gender stereotypes. It is helpful to men too.

Feminism has succeeded in a lot. And it will continue to do so. Whether you like it or not.

Im the future, women will be able to have posession of their own bodies to the point where no one sees women as inanimate sexual objects. Where women have reproductive rights. Where men can stay home and care for children while women go out and work - if that's what's right for that couple. Where people are free to make choices based on circumstance, not gender.

It is not about women taking over the world. It is about women being treated with the same respect and opportunity as men.

Equality may be impossible, but equality of opportunity is not.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by chigoizie7(m): 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2016
foolinlove:

Yes. Educate me on my personal experience of patriarchy! You know better of my experiences and the experiences of other women.

How sure are u about that?

I don't, I am not perfect.

I just want u to stop relating ur experiences to others. Or to start influencing them
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oahray:
You haven't answered my question. Would you view two different presidential candidates the same way when one dresses like a ceo of a corporate organization and the other dresses like a drug-addicted gangster?
So how is it you say men aren't judged by the way they dress?

You are trying to argue that a person's dressing doesn't matter and should never attract negative opinion. I am saying you are wrong.

Again, having sexual thoughts isn't the reason for discrimination based on dressing. I wonder why you aren't getting it.

Rape? Lemme tell you something all of you are trying hard to deny. Since time immemorial, there have always been persons without much self-control. That is why rape exists at all. But it's not the sole reason it has become so prevalent (take note that a reason is not necessarily an excuse).

The world glorifies sex, the media is awash with it. I've seen a matchbox with a female in a sexy pose. Tell me what that has to do with match sticks. These things matter.

When you dress with all parts showing, you might not get attacked because whoever gets aroused has self-control or because the conditions aren't favourable; but you may have contributed to the rape of the next person the brute catches in a favourable condition.

Stop excusing rapists.

Go and watch Mad Men. Tell me if women are solely responsible for their own sexualisation.

I tire of talking to people who fail to see logic.
Re: For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage by foolinlove(f): 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2016
chigoizie7:

How sure are u about that?

I don't, I am not perfect.

I just want u to stop relating ur experiences to others. Or to start influencing them

I suggest you start paying attention to women when they speak, instead of thinking you know everything about their experiences.

You may notice some patterns.

I am attempting positive social change. For women. It's like you don't think women deserve rights and freedom like men.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

South Africa Has More Fly, Sexy Girls Than Nigeria / 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships / How Long Is Too Long For A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.