Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:15 PM

Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) (55958 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders / COMMUNICATORS LEAGUE/Apata To Dugbe; Of Misfortune And Fortune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2016
Hello guys,i am here to again,its been a while since i dropped a story here,
lolz so i am a bit rusty,i hope you will enjoy this
where are u guys.
Olaide59 ,dherbee,Luckymay,Missmossy ,pek,aolumaxi,Osaze20091,nocad,Sageez,aprilwise,biggy25,m003,Weirdman,sap tinsel ,melekan ,Maggielovely, KoyaCatrex98,Itzjoy

slimmyjimmy(m),Ka52y(f),tosyne2much(m),megley(f),cheerokee(m),Section8(m),Aminat508(f),Dyt(f),fetrillion(m),Chillext(m),GODDYGEE91(m),ladywriter(f),Mathicks(m),sidophilic,Luckymay,

cuteguy007
jobinna2 Neroclassic jaspermezie. omosere CaptaiinG

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 12:14am On Jul 24, 2016
FATE AND FORTUNE
written by boyo123

Episode 1

Dejected is the perfect word to describe how dayo feel as he lay on his bed, streak of tears flow from his eyes down to his cheeks, he has never felt so embarrassed in his life, he can take such scolding from anyone else but definitely not his dad, he was angry not with him, but with himself for being so foolish.

This was the time he needed his mum the most but his dad has shut the door at any enquiry he tries to make about her, as he lay on his bed he continued to reminisces on what has happened in the early hours of the day .

He remembered how he walked into his father’s magnificent office not minding if he had a visitor,” give me some minutes” his dad had said before walking out to sit at the secretary’s post .

About 15minutes later his dad walked out of his office with the guest,
“meet my son dayo” his dad has said as the man looked amazed” wow, I never knew you have a son that’s this grown, How are you young man? You look just like your dad.
Dayo smiled as he stretched his hand to embrace his waiting hand, acting like a well brought up gentleman ”good afternoon sir” he said before his father interrupted him” he’s also an accountant in the making” he had said proudly ,he loves it when his father brags about him like that ” hmm impressive, just like your father hun?” the man had said.

Dayo was excited as a couple of other conversation ensured between them.
Moments later dayo sat with the secretary while he waited for his dad to be back from seeing his guest off, he was about to resume the game he paused on his phone when he heard his father’s voice” sorry son, that was a very big client of the company, he needed to be given special attention “he gave dayo a quick smile then continued” come on lets go to my office”.

Dayo sat on the sofa that is meant for relaxation in the office as he tune the tv to a music channel,” how is school, dayo” his dad asked “ quit stressful dad, it’s getting tougher and also money sucking “ his dad smiled “ I know you will mention that, I know you are here for money” dayo started laughing uncontrollably “ seriously dad you don’t really get it, my laptop screen just crashed yesterday, my car needs spare tires, and the list goes on…” his dad interrupted him by asking” how much do you need dayo?” with a quick response he said “ “ just 120k dad, that would do for now” without looking up from his laptop screen his dad said” I will get it across to you tomorrow, is that ok ?” sure dad” was dayo’s response as he was happy he got the exact amount he needed for some new gadgets and the dinner party he needed to attend.

Dayo’s dad got up from his chair feeling a bit exhausted with work” hey dayo come and help me with this , I need to use the toilet, it’s a job from one of our big clients and I want to handle it myself, can you do this for me before I get back “ he said as he quickly typed something into the system then continued” I believe you should be able to do this by now” he adjusted his position so dayo could sit on his chair while he explained to him” so here are the data’s you need , I want you to get me the asset of this man, get the liability , get the owners equity , I hope you know what to do” he asked, dayo nodded in agreement to what his dad said,

Although he doesn’t know how to go about it but quit sure he has heard of the words before in class but can’t really figure out the meaning, his assignments in school where handled by a friend of his named Daniel, at that point he wished he had come with Daniel,” o my God “ he said as he tries to find a solution to it, it will be a great embarrassment for him if his dad finds out that he could not sort this out, he brought out his phone so he could Google the meaning and solution to it,but unfortunately for him , his phone battery was down that moment he typed the topic into Google search engine ,

he's confusion grew as he tries to understand what to do with all the huge money figure on the screen” I am so bleeped today he had taught to himself.

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 12:16am On Jul 24, 2016
please your comments are very important

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 12:22am On Jul 24, 2016
Episode 2

He heard the sound has the water from toilet was been flushed down, his panic increased because he knew his dad would be out any moment from that time, then an idea came to him, he picked up the pen and scrambled some numbers into a blank sheet of paper just to make it look like he was working.

Dayo froze as the door to the toilet opened, now the moment has come he thought as his hand trembled,” how far have you gone boy?” his dad asked, he tried to find his voice as he struggle to speak,” still working on it dad” he said, he’s dad moved closer to see what he had been doing but was shocked .

“Have you gotten the liability yet?” he’s dad enquired, but dayo didn’t reply he just stared at the laptop screen blankly “ what about the owner’s equity?” he demanded again , but yet he didn’t give any answer,with both irritation and anger he shouted at dayo“ so what have you been doing ? hun dayo, don’t tell me you don’t even know the basic principle behind this hun?” dayo bowed his head in shame as he’s dad continued to speak with anger writing all over him” so you mean I have been giving you all that money just for you to go and waste it? Oh my God! Tell me, what is your CGPA?”

dayo refused to speak as he tries to move the chair backwards because he’s dad was getting too close to him “ is something wrong with your brain, I said what is your CGPA” he repeated, dayo stammered as he finally speak “ 2.64 sir” almost immediately the dad said” 2.6 what?! , o my God!” As he felt so disappointed.

“Do you know why I have not been asking about your performance in school dayo?, because I felt you were doing well, I gave you all those money because I wanted you to be comfortable, I never wanted any distraction for you, but I guess I was wrong, I made you too comfortable, honestly you really disappoint me ” dayo managed to speak after some minutes” I am sorry dad, I swear I am putting in my best” his dad ignored him as he tries to reply a message he just got on his phone,” dad please , I promise to change I swear” dayo repeated,

he’s dad dropped his phone on the table as he took a stern look at him” I have worked very hard to build this company , I know how I have suffered to get to this point where I am today ,so let me inform you that , I am never going to hand over this company to you if I see that you don’t deserve it” he took a deep breath before he continued” do you think I am that stupid hun? Just because you are my only child does not automatically make you the heir of the company, it’s my company and I can will it to anyone I see that is deserving of it”.

Dayo left he’s dads office feeling sad, it was the saddest day of his life , if anyone had told him that the day was going to end in such manner he would have fought the person, he would have called the person all forms of names but what can he do, everything has happened and it is he’s fault , he caused it, he had allowed all the money and fame to get to him, he’s company of friends were not helping matters too as he was the leader of his crew, he quickly rose to the top as the tag OMO BABA OLOWO was highly considered.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Luckymay(f): 1:11am On Jul 24, 2016
boyo123:
where are u guys.
Olaide59 ,dherbee,Luckymay,Missmossy ,pek,aolumaxi,Osaze20091,nocad,Sageez,aprilwise,biggy25,m003,Weirdman,sap tinsel ,melekan ,Maggielovely, KoyaCatrex98,Itzjoy

slimmyjimmy(m),Ka52y(f),tosyne2much(m),megley(f),cheerokee(m),Section8(m),Aminat508(f),Dyt(f),fetrillion(m),Chillext(m),GODDYGEE91(m),ladywriter(f),Mathicks(m),sidophilic,Luckymay,
Present... Right on time for the ride. Hey! Boyo, longest time.

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Section8(m): 5:55am On Jul 24, 2016
I don show continue my oga I dey gbadun you

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 6:47am On Jul 24, 2016
Luckymay:

Present... Right on time for the ride. Hey! Boyo, longest time.
welcome sis,thanks for being here againl

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 6:48am On Jul 24, 2016
Section8:
I don show continue my oga I dey gbadun you
welcome bro

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 7:06am On Jul 24, 2016
Episode 3

Dayo got to school on Monday morning looking serious, he was ready to change, he was determined to win back his father’s love, really determined to impress him.

walking into the big lecture room dayo felt the usual rush as students were moving around trying to get seats before the arrival of the lecturer,his entrance into the class was quiet as he wasn’t with his crew ,he avoided going in through the back door because he knows some of his guys will be waiting for him there ,so he took the front door.

The first five rolls were occupied by students already as he moved around trying to get space,he was still trying to talk a guy into managing his space with him when suddenly his phone began to ring.

he knew who it could be even before picking the call “hello lizzy"he said as he picked the call then turned around to look at the direction where he and his guys usually sit "baby what are you doing" she asked gesticulating from where she is sited "i didn’t know you were around "he shrugged, well what can i do he thought,the guy he was trying to persuade wasn’t ready to share his seat and every other one around him was occupied, he has no choice but to go and sit with lizzy his half-castegirlfriend, she was born to a Nigerian father and an Irish mother, dayo loves her but he knows that she was going to be major distraction for him if he ever wants to be serious.

Dayo was seated now as the next seat after his to the left was not occupied while lizzy was seated to his right, he apologized to lizzy and his friends then tried to act like his going to the front roll wasn’t intentional.

dayo continued to pay mild attention to her as she tries to narrate how her cousins wedding which she attended over the weekend was fun. few minutes later the lecturer came in through the front door, everyone brought out their writing materials while the lecturer tries to arrange his public address system. Some minutes later the lecture commenced but before dayo could start writing, someone tapped him on the shoulder.

Dayo looked over his shoulder to see a light skinned girl, he didn’t really bother to check her out much because he was so eager to start the day’s work with all his attention, the only thing he could pick from her appearance was that shehas two distinct tribal marks on her face, he could tell that she was Yoruba ,he looked at her with questioning eyes as she asked him” sorry is anyone occupying this seat?"pointing to the empty seat beside him ,he said no without looking in her direction, lizzy tapped him on his lap trying to make him reject her from sitting beside him but he shrugged and said “she just want to sit lizzy"lizzy was disappointed because she never likes it when other girls come around him, not to even talk of a classless girl with tribal marks like that.

Few minutes into the lecture dayo was frustrated because he was not flowing with the lecturer as he could not really link up the steps, his girlfriend wasn’t helping matters too as she wouldn’t allow him to concentrate, he didn’t want to be rude to her so he told her to keep her voice down a few times but she wouldn’t listen, his frustration grew .he was thinking of what to do when he looked to his left and noticed that the girl sited next to him had written about five pages of note when he could only manage to write two, he closed his note book then looked at the girls note,he was surprised that she wasn’t only following the lecturer steps , she was jotting extra notes beside them .

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 7:10am On Jul 24, 2016
please dont forget to comment

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Missmossy(f): 8:17am On Jul 25, 2016
Present!! Interesting piece, keep it coming cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 8:43am On Jul 25, 2016
Episode 4

That really caught dayo’s attention, he monitored how she writes for like 10minutes before whispering to her “ hello , I like the way you jot in you notebook “ the girl looked at him then smiled as she said “ thank you” dayo saw her smile and decided to take advantage of that’ “ it seems you are pretty good at this “ “yeah kind of “she replied, he was hoping she will offer to teach him but she didn’t say anything further, so he continued talking “I wouldn’t mind if you can explain it to me” she looked at him surprisingly “everything?” she asked ,dayo quickly interrupted her" No just from the third step down, I think I understand the first three, the girl didn’t respond , she still kept a straight face as she continued writing, dayo felt bad , he can’t remember the last time a girl treated him that way, he was used to getting attention from them,” can you take me through …”

but the girl interrupted him before he could finish,” I heard you ,I just want him to finish up with the explanation of this part before I do that” she said pointing to the lecturer.

Dayo turned to look at lizzy, to see how his girl was doing, he almost bust into a loud laugh when he saw her face ,she super red, tears wear already gathered around her eyes, no one needed to tell him that she was hurt. Dayo smiled then tickled her before saying “ come on babe, I only asked her to explain some stuffs to me “ lizzy blinked her eyes profusely as the first drop of tear dropped from her eyes, dayo couldn’t take that, he brought out his handkerchief to clean her eyes.

As he was about to clean the tears from her eyes, he felt a hand tapped him on his back as she said” hey let me quickly explain to you before the lecturer continues” ,dayo was confused he needs to learn this work and at the same time, his super jealous girlfriend wouldn’t let him. finally he whispered to lizzy” babe this work is very important to me, I need to learn it, I swear It will only take few minutes ”lizzy shrugged as he “ touched her playfully before shifting his attention to the other girl he met her gaze with a smile ”thank so much , am all ears now” .

The girl swiftly explain the steps to him in a much simpler way that what the lecturer was even writing on the board, shorter formulas that she just derived herself on that spot, he couldn’t help but say to himself “ men this girl is a genius’. Few minutes later the girl has explained all the various ways to him with many examples he could really relate to.

Dayo was glad, he could swore that in his entire life no one has ever made a calculation look simpler, he enjoyed her explanations so much that he can never forget it, even when he is asleep, he wished she could tutor him in all other topics, he thanked her after the brief tutorial and really showed that he was grateful, he could have asked for her number right there but he doesn’t want lizzy to cry her eyeballs out, so all he could do was just whisper in a low tone to her” where have you been all this while when I have been battling with this work”.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by remiseyi(m): 10:18am On Jul 25, 2016
boyo123:
where are u guys.

cuteguy007

I don't mind not mentioned...it's nice to be aboard boyo

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by abdulyaro66(m): 10:56am On Jul 25, 2016
This story don finish?
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 11:12am On Jul 25, 2016
remiseyi:

I don't mind not mentioned...it's nice to be aboard boyo
no vex my brother .thank for following
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2016
abdulyaro66:
This story don finish?
the story just start my brother.just keep following.will be dropping new episodes gradually
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by olarhtunji(m): 11:33am On Jul 25, 2016
boyo black don bring chair and kuli kuli ooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by remiseyi(m): 11:40am On Jul 25, 2016
boyo123:

You welcome man
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by remiseyi(m): 11:40am On Jul 25, 2016
boyo123:

You welcome man

And I think lizzy is being too dramatic.... My thought though
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by remiseyi(m): 11:42am On Jul 25, 2016
olarhtunji:

No come use fart scatter here o
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2016
olarhtunji:
i dey feel you brother. thanks
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by johnwizey: 12:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
Drop am as e dey hot bro

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by olarhtunji(m): 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
remiseyi:

No come use fart scatter here o

i know say na beg u wan beg... oya take small

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by remiseyi(m): 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
olarhtunji:

How. I go beg for kulikuli, when I have my alomo with me ? undecided
olarhtunji:

How. I go beg for kulikuli, when I have my alomo with me ?
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
boyo123:
where are u guys.

cuteguy007
Thanks 4 d mention, kip em rolling.

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Luckymay(f): 4:00am On Jul 26, 2016
boyo123:
welcome sis,thanks for being here againl
Don't mention.

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
Episode 5
The rest of the day went back to normal frustrating situation for Dayo as he couldn’t grab much from the next set of lectures he had, because the sitting arrangement was reshuffled after the first class. The girl was no longer at his side, she had gone to sit with her friends after the first lecture ended, Dayo wasn’t happy as he was left with Lizzy and a couple of other friends, one of his friends Emeka was busy showing him pictures of hot chicks on instagram as lectures proceeded while Daniel his closest friend was partially concentrating too, he looked round the class to see if he could locate where she was sitting but couldn’t, the class was too congested for him too.

Dayo’s hand was clawed with Lizzy’s as they walked to the car park, Emeka and Daniel were few steps behind leaving the lovers to have a private chat, "I'm sorry for what happened earlier today" Dayo said, Lizzy tighten her grip on him as she replied "come on baby, it’s ok" Dayo nodded and looked back to check the pace of his friends behind them before he turned back to Lizzy “ baby you can’t really understand what I am going through right now” she gave him a quick smile “Dayo come on don’t start” he was confused “start what?” she gave him a quick reply” your usual complain of how you don’t have money, hope you are not trying to tell me that we are not going to stop by at the eatery“ Dayo wasn’t surprised at her statement, he was used to that, she never listen to him, never want to believe that he has some challenges he is facing, all she cared about is him showing her care and she acting like a doll.

He was still thinking about what she said when suddenly from the corner of his eyes he saw the girl he met earlier in class, she was walking along one of the office corridors, feelings of urgency came over him, he needs to talk to her, then he came up with a plan ”baby you know what, I need to pee, here is the key to the car, I will join you guys soon” he hurriedly left her before she could say anything else.

´Hello, excuse me, hellooo” Dayo kept calling as he was out of Lizzy’s sight, he thought she intentionally did not answer not until he was close to her and realised that she had earpiece on, “hello” he said again but yet she didn’t answer, then he moved a bit faster and taped her on the shoulder, she turned to look at him before removing one of the earpiece , “ hi, mhen your paces are so fast, can you believe I have been running after you right from the last two blocks” she smiled and said ”I’m so sorry, didn’t hear you, you are the guy from the class this morning right” Dayo was glad she could remember him” yeah, I have been searching all over for you” she interrupted him” yeah , I was with my friends” Dayo kept looking into her eyes, she had a kind of dazed eyes that attracts him , the tribal mark on her face was distinct but she was still beautiful, he tried to fight that feelings off as he was trying to focus more on what he was there for.

“I don’t think it will be nice if we are course mates and I don’t know at least your name” Dayo said, she gave a shy smile and said ”hmm, ok am Funmilayo, what about you?”.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by remiseyi(m): 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
shocked..[/i](. [i]Oluwaseun)

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
Episode 6

Dayo was glad , in his mind he has crossed the first huddle, “I am dayo Philip” he gladly said, “ok it's nice meeting you Dayo” a little smile formed around her small mouth, Dayo paused for a while then said "Funmi you know what, I'm really grateful for what you did this morning and that’s the reason I am here "common you already said that earlier now" Funmi interrupted him again "yeah i know but the truth is i need your help seriously, I honestly need more than just one brief tutorial, I need help in all the causes "he made his face into a pleading gesture.

Dayo was happy as he drive his Toyota Camry 2015,it was a gift from his dad on his birthday .He couldnt help the happiness that filled his heart after successfully collecting Funmi’s phone number, they had agreed on meeting everyday after school at her hostel, off campus and it starts on that week wednesday, he had been very glad because he thinks it is just the right step in the right direction for him , as he promised to give her a call.

He was still feeling happy with Lizzy along with Emeka and daniel who were occupying the back seat,they were all singing along to the song he was playing from the stereo of the car ,when suddenly Emeka said ’ Dayo hope you didn’t forget that the faculty of law dinner is coming up on Wednesday ?” Dayo froze , “O my God I totally forgot that, shit! this is not going to be ok” he thought .

Funmi got home later that day and coudn't believe what has happened, phcn has disconnected their light, and even with that there was no light in the area of the community where she resides” Oh God ! not now “ she had said as she walked along the passage way that connects the other rooms in the building to hers. she stays in a low cost house that is located in a local part of the community where their school’s permanent site was located, the house was made up of six rooms and her’s was the third room to the right, she was restless as her phone battery was about going off, she couldn’t really tell why she was so anxious about getting her phone charged but she surely knows she needed it for something.

Dayo got home that night and decided to call Funmi, but on dialling the number she had giving him, he was told that the number was switched off, how is he going to let her know that there is a change in plan, he kept on trying the number a few more times before giving up on calling her that night, he put a call to lizzy as he always does every night to tell her how much he loved her, there is nothing she appreciate more than he telling her how beautiful she is and how much he cared about her, even though he knows that he was no longer sincere about it, he began to have that feelings ever since he found out that she cared more about her looks than being there for him when he needs help.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
Episode 7

Dayo dresses himself up as he prepares for the diner party, he picked up his phone then dialled Funmi’s number for the thirtieth time that day, he hadn’t been able to get through to her since she gave him the number, at some point he had thought that the number was wrong, ”but how can it be a wrong number if the network operators are saying that its switched off” he thought, he just have to keep on trying,he had encouraged himself.

He was looking really cool in blue blazers and white T-shirt on a black jean as he packed his car in front of Lizzy's hostel, he was stopped on the way by her as he was about going into the hostel gate,”how do you know I am here” he enquired, “ you forgot that my window is BBC network, there is hardly anybody I can't see from there “ they both laughed at her joke before heading for his car, few minutes later they were joined by Emeka and Daniel who had brought Emeka's car because Dayo requested him to.

The dinner party was cool as many of the big boys in school were in attendance, Dayo was happy about how the event was going as he and his friends were having a nice time.

Lizzy was all smiles as her favourite artist was called to the stage to entertain the guests, she couldn’t control her delight as she moved her head to the tune of the music, Dayo was surprised too as he couldn’t believe that she could be that thrilled, they were all enjoying the show when she got too excited and stood up from her chair, Dayo tried to pull her back to her seat but instead she held his hand tight and tried to pull him along with her, he resisted the pull then released her hand so she could go have fun, everyone’s eyes in the hall were on her as she stood to dance, some other girls in the room soon joined her in the dance.

The artist noticed a cute looking half cast girl that was dancing to his music on the first role , he moved forward towards the crowed as he extended his hand to her so that she could join him on stage, Lizzy was so excited and was tempted to join him on stage but couldn't, she stopped dancing then turned back to look at Dayo, he nodded his head in acknowledgement then let out a little laugh, Lizzy was very excited as she quickly walked on the step that leads to the stage stretching her hands so he could hold it as he gently pulled her on stage.

Dayo saw that moment as a good opportunity as he picked up his mobile phone, he dialled Funmi’s number and to his surprise, the call went through, Dayo was excited, he tapped on Emeka’s shoulder then dragged him to bring his hears closer” guy I have got to go now, please take care of Lizzy, make sure you get her home safely” he said “what! where are you going and wait, was that why you asked me to come with my car?” he asked, “don’t worry jare, just do as I say, I will gist you about everything later” he quickly took a peep at Lizzy making sure that she was not looking at his direction before he stood up “ what if she ask of your where about” Dayo groaned before saying” just tell her that I got a call from dad that he needs me to get him some information”Emeka didn’t look convinced by the excuse either but he noted it.

Dayo walked hurriedly through the crowed as he didn’t want Lizzy to notice before he was out of the room, a couple of guys that knows him called his name on his way out but he could just wave them and pretend like he was coming back. On getting outside into the car park he noticed some rough looking guys loitering around the cars at the park , he ignored them and walked to his car, he was about to open his car door when one of them said “ bro how far now”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
Episode 8

Dayo turned to look at the guy who was now approaching him, ” bros na we dey watch your car since o,” Dayo was glad that it wasn’t that the guys wanted to rob him, he quickly thank the guy but notice that the others were fast approaching, he was a bit scared but kept his cool,he dropped his phone on the hood then dipped his hand in his pocket to bring out some few thousand naira notes, he handed it to the first guy that first approached him but to his surprise the other guys rushed him, claiming that the money was for all of them, it resulted into a fight as the guys almost knocked Dayo down, he felt pity for the guy as he tries to separate them, minutes later he was able to calm them down because he brought out money and handed it to the other guys. He got into his car after they had left and zoomed off.

Lizzy was surprised as she looked at the direction where Dayo was sited but notice that he wasn’t there, she entangled her hand from the artists hand then walked down the steps back to her seat, “ where is Dayo “ she asked as she approached the seat, Daniel who was sitting close to her held her hand then dragged her to her seat ”he was called by his dad, he needs to run an errand for him" Lizzy was infuriated “ so you mean he left here without telling me right, how does he expect me to get home?” Emeka interrupted her ”no he asked me to take you home”
“wait! that was why he asked you to come with your car right, he already planned this stuff, he knew he was going to leave me here" Emeka was confused he didn’t know what to say anymore, he wanted to talk but noticed that she has stood up with her bag, he tried to hold her hand but she refused, then she walked hurriedly through the crowed as Emeka and Daniel followed her.

It was about 15minutes drive as Dayo speed up into the neighborhood where funmi told him she was living , he packed his car close to a shop then dipped his hand in his pocket and to his surprise he couldn’t find his phone, he touched the other pocket but yet he couldn’t feel it,he began to get worried as he searched the other seats in the car but couldn’t find it.

Now he was visibly worried as he tries to remember the last time he had seen the phone, then he realised that it was when he was with the thugs at the park,”O my god!” he said to himself,”why do I have to lose my phone now” he couldn’t help but feel bad because all his important contacts were stored on the sim card in that mobile phone, there is no way he could get through to Funmi because her number was there too. He sat in his car wandering what he could do.

Lizzy was visibly sad as tears dropped from her eyes as Emeka was trying to console her” how could he do such a thing to me, how could he leave me here”she said as tears continued to roll down her eyes,” come on Lizzy its alright, I am sure he doesn’t mean it that way ”Emeka said while Daniel was trying to find words to console her too, he later found his words and said “its ok Lizzy, lets get out of here its getting too late” Lizzy shrugged as she said” I will rather take a cab home, he comes back here to pick me” just then Daniel looked at the direction of a coming car and couldn’t really tell which car it was as it was getting dark, but as the car moved closer he noticed the shape and could tell that it was Dayo’s ”and here he comes“ Daniel said.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by slimmyjimmy(m): 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How I Lost A 150k Per Month Job because of a Cockroach !!! / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller / Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.